Welcome Guest [ Log In | Register ] ]

271 Pages V  « < 179 180 181 182 183 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Bacterial Vaginosis--or--embarrassing bad smell
Morphia
post May 19 2007, 01:55 PM
Post #3601

Hardcore BUSTie

I just wanted to say that I've had that pinching, needle stabbing feeling for YEARS. Way before I ever had the bv or any of my other problems. So, it may be unrelated. Although I doubt it....I'm sure my doctor would say it was unrelated! Asshole...
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
jewelscando
post May 19 2007, 01:26 PM
Post #3602

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(sciongal @ May 19 2007, 07:25 PM) *
Hi again, jewels, I just ordered the estriol here is the website:http://www.helenpensanti.com/products.asp?dept=116... I also received the flagyl in the mail. I am going to try it, but I just ended my period, so do you think I should wait a few days????

I'm the wrong one to ask on that one, because I don't have periods. I don't think it will really matter. Just make sure you don't over use it. If you remember, the first time I did it, I got a yeast infection from hell, because I had sex while using it vaginally. So, just use it for two days, then wait. And if it's gone, you're good. If not, try one more day, but be ready with Monistat in hand!!!

+Quote Post
sciongal
post May 19 2007, 01:08 PM
Post #3603

BUSTie

QUOTE(jewelscando @ May 19 2007, 12:14 PM) *
Yes Ma'm. But, it's not on a regular basis, because I don't need to. Since using the Flagyl vaginally, I only have to use it once maybe every couple of months. More if I'm having sex alot. Which I'm not right now. I think my kitty needed a break. My boyfriend, is African American, and HE'S ON THE LARGER SIDE!! So, everytime we have sex, I'm always raw. And when my B.V. was at it's worst, we were having sex several times a day on the weekends, because that is when I would see him. Now, it's only once or twice a month, because we are taking a break from each other. So...yes it's working wonderfully for me!!!

I still want to try the Estroil because I did have a hysterectomy, so I too think mine is hormone related.

PIANO GIRL!!!! I NEED THAT WEBSITE!!! dry.gif

Hi again, jewels, I just ordered the estriol here is the website:http://www.helenpensanti.com/products.asp?dept=116... I also received the flagyl in the mail. I am going to try it, but I just ended my period, so do you think I should wait a few days????

+Quote Post
jewelscando
post May 19 2007, 12:57 PM
Post #3604

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(sciongal @ May 19 2007, 06:43 PM) *
Hey jewels,
are you still using flagyl vagianally??? Is it still working?

Yes Ma'm. But, it's not on a regular basis, because I don't need to. Since using the Flagyl vaginally, I only have to use it once maybe every couple of months. More if I'm having sex alot. Which I'm not right now. I think my kitty needed a break. My boyfriend, is African American, and HE'S ON THE LARGER SIDE!! So, everytime we have sex, I'm always raw. And when my B.V. was at it's worst, we were having sex several times a day on the weekends, because that is when I would see him. Now, it's only once or twice a month, because we are taking a break from each other. So...yes it's working wonderfully for me!!!

I still want to try the Estroil because I did have a hysterectomy, so I too think mine is hormone related.

PIANO GIRL!!!! I NEED THAT WEBSITE!!! dry.gif

+Quote Post
sciongal
post May 19 2007, 12:26 PM
Post #3605

BUSTie

QUOTE(jewelscando @ May 19 2007, 10:20 AM) *
YES... that is why I posted that I get that same thing to. Again, it's not all the time, just here and there.

Hey jewels,
are you still using flagyl vagianally??? Is it still working?

+Quote Post
lori
post May 19 2007, 12:08 PM
Post #3606

Hardcore BUSTie

Hey anitsirhc. Just wanted to thank you again for your iHerb.com suggestion. I ordered my bottle and just got my package! They shipped fast, and my bottle was packaged in a styrofoam box, with two of those frozen-cool-packs inside. And the bottle was definitely cool to the touch!

The box also had big stickers on that that said FRAGILE. The mail guy looked a little freaked out by the package, so I joked that I bought a kidney from the black market. Ha ha.

Anyway, I'm thrilled. I'll definitely buy my fem-dophilus from them in the future.

--------------------

+Quote Post
jewelscando
post May 19 2007, 11:03 AM
Post #3607

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(anitsirhc @ May 19 2007, 08:22 AM) *
i don't know if you read my post which was only a few before yours but i said i just noticed a pinching feeling. like someone is poking me with something pointy. (on the inside of course) it doesn't happen always, just like today it happened 3 or 4 times within 5 minutes and then it stopped. so weird.

YES... that is why I posted that I get that same thing to. Again, it's not all the time, just here and there.

+Quote Post
neverending
post May 19 2007, 07:56 AM
Post #3608

Hardcore BUSTie

LADIES: The Diva cup really helps keep the odor in and I 've never had a problem with it. Even when I had discharge it was really good. I would put it in for 3 hours, take it out, wash it with the diva cup soap in hot water, then stick it back in. The diva cup also helps you understand what is going on with the discharge during your period. When I took it out I would always look in it to see if I could see any white dis. floating around in there and then I would dump it out and I know this sounds gross but I would smell it to see if it had any fishy, rotten, or shit smell to it. I thought it was great and even better than pads or tampons and way less expensive because I have not bought pads or tampons in 1yr. and one more thing during your period or more towards the end you will notice that there is no discharge at all. I don't know why but I never had discharge or a smell at all towards the end of my period and 2 days afterward. Can anyone look and tell me what hormone kicks in during the end of your period? Anyway, all is well on this end. smile.gif

+Quote Post
bvgirl
post May 19 2007, 06:41 AM
Post #3609

BUSTie

We are all here for one reason...to get support,information and product referrals from one another regarding b.v.
We offer ADVICE and it is just that advice so if you are willing and or interested in the advice we offer then so be it but if not so be it. BECAUSE we are ALL frustrated and or at the point of pulling out our hair our emotions can get the best of us. When we come across as being offensive and harsh it creates more emotional turmoil in some. You have the right to explain how you feel but understand that the same goes for everyone else. Let's remember why we are here and many of you have stated that and feel that we should get back on track with finding relief from others & product referrals and bringing the peace back. I don't wish for anyone to have to leave this board but we all have to face it that the atmosphere has been pretty non-productive.

--------------------
BVGIRL

GOD BLESS YOU ALL......

I will be around......

+Quote Post
sassy
post May 19 2007, 04:18 AM
Post #3610

Hardcore BUSTie

Yikes!! Everyone stop fighting!! First of all, I can attest to the fact that getting your cervix biopsyed is really terrifying and hurts. It makes you realize something serious could be wrong with you and then you get the fun after effect of bleeding and cramping. Morphia has every reason to be scared. Some people are just naturally more emotional than others. I think everyone just needs to stay neutral. No name calling, no telling people what to do, etc. We are all dealing with this.

+Quote Post
lori
post May 19 2007, 02:43 AM
Post #3611

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(pympmama1 @ May 19 2007, 12:41 AM) *
In addition, I agree with jewels.... WE NEED PEACE ON THIS BOARD LORI ...PLEASE STOP TRYING TO HELP MORPHIA.....I realize you are trying to help but she does not see it that way...

Thanks for recognizing I *was* trying to help. I think that is what this board is for.

I stopped trying a while ago, when Morphia said she wants to think negatively. We're obviously not on the same wavelength, so I gave up.

But I felt I needed to speak up about her daily hysteria - she's getting some other members in a panic. Believe me, I am *all* for caution, and urging safety. (This is why I spoke up about my qualms about the vaginal-flagyl.) But whipping people into a paranoid frenzy is not good. It helps no one.

And I will say one more thing again: suicidal thoughts = time to seek therapy. Please please.

u getting angry and calling her a know it all bitch...

Actually Morphia called me a "know it all cunt." Which I think is kind of awesome and hilarious. I thought it would be funny to re-name my blog "The Know-it-all Cunt's blog."

But then I thought it would be a turn-off for people who want serious information. Oh well.

Lori nice blog.....

Thanks again, pympmama!

QUOTE(sassy @ May 19 2007, 03:35 AM) *
I think everyone just needs to stay neutral.

I totally agree.

--------------------

+Quote Post
anitsirhc
post May 19 2007, 02:05 AM
Post #3612

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(jewelscando @ May 19 2007, 02:46 AM) *
3. Pinching feeling going up through the Vagina.

i don't know if you read my post which was only a few before yours but i said i just noticed a pinching feeling. like someone is poking me with something pointy. (on the inside of course) it doesn't happen always, just like today it happened 3 or 4 times within 5 minutes and then it stopped. so weird.

+Quote Post
Morphia
post May 19 2007, 01:47 AM
Post #3613

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(jewelscando @ May 19 2007, 01:46 AM) *
1. Bubbles, right when I'm finishing going pee

What exactly do you mean by "bubbles?" I know that I get bubbles in my discharge. I remember one time where I was aroused. I looked in my underwear and my juices had so many tiny bubbles in it that it looked like someone had spit in my underwear. Ew. Do you ever get those weird air bubbles that just escape from your vag for no apparent reason too? I read somewhere that its the gases being produced by the bacteria just escaping.

+Quote Post
lori
post May 19 2007, 01:38 AM
Post #3614

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(Morphia @ May 19 2007, 12:27 AM) *
The ignore function is still in effect. But since I know what a relentless, self-righteous piece of shit you are I can assume you're still being a bitch.

What is the point of the ignore function if you're going to continue to fight with me, based on what you imagine I'm saying?

That's ... pretty twisted.

QUOTE(Morphia @ May 19 2007, 12:27 AM) *
GROW UP!

Hey, you're the one who's continuing an imaginary fight with a member that you blocked.

But you "just can't help yourself," right? How childish of you. Take responsibility, learn some self-control ... mmm, yes, that's calling GROWING UP. (Ironic.)

--

For the record, I've never called Morphia any names, never insulted her except to tell her she is being overdramatic. But otherwise, I just gave her advice about:
- what i think might be her health problem (not a diagnosis, but a guess)
- that she should think positive, not assume the worst; calm-down
- crying and being "terrified" is no good
- and maybe take a break from thinking about her vagina for a few days

I think it's pretty clear that I was trying to help. She disagreed with and complained about every single suggestion, which she has every right to do - but they were well-intentioned.

Also keep in mind I'm dealing with someone who's repeated called me a "bitch," "cunt," "piece of shit" etc. I'm not interested in a fight, so I'm not going to respond in kind. But I think I have the right to defend myself, too.

--------------------

+Quote Post
pympmama1
post May 19 2007, 01:24 AM
Post #3615

BUSTie

you know you guys definitely make me smarter.... thing i never even knew existed... are discussed here like colpo... i had to google it .... thanks guys... for the enlightenment wink.gif

In addition, I agree with jewels.... WE NEED PEACE ON THIS BOARD LORI ...PLEASE STOP TRYING TO HELP MORPHIA..... I realize you are trying to help but she does not see it that way... SO STOP... I AM TIRED OF READING THE WRITTEN ABUSE... Morphia please stop the cursing and the bitching at lori.. i am tired of it. she offers helpful suggestion which is what this board is about.... u getting angry and calling her a know it all bitch... how does that make you feel better... i don't understand... we are here to bounce things off of each other..... morphia my sympathies go out to you ... u are going through hell

Lori nice blog.....

+Quote Post
Morphia
post May 19 2007, 01:10 AM
Post #3616

Hardcore BUSTie

And Lori, all I have to say to you is you can keep posting your bitchy posts about me. But remember one thing. No one is going to agree with you. The ignore function is still in effect. But since I know what a relentless, self-righteous piece of shit you are I can assume you're still being a bitch.

Ok. I'm done. I am very sorry if I have offended anyone else on this board. But she worked my nerves. I've NEVER gotten in a fight with anyone on the net before. I've also never dealt with anyone quite like HER before either. I think its time we went back to this forum's original purpose.

[Edit] I also realize that using piece of shit was probably going over board but I couldn't help myself at the time. Sorry.

+Quote Post
lori
post May 19 2007, 12:46 AM
Post #3617

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(jewelscando @ May 18 2007, 11:46 PM) *
YOU DON'T OWE ANYONE AN APOLOGY!!!

For the record, I'm not actually interested in apologies or explanations. I'm not trying to win arguments in here. That's not why I'm on this board.

But I think Morphia is definitely in a not-mentally-stable place right now. A bad trip to the gyno is "the most terrible experience of her life?" Thoughts of suicide? This is not healthy.

My opinion is that she's driving herself crazy - we all do that from time to time, but she's documenting it in this board on a daily basis. I guess one reaction is to just tip-toe around the spectacle, but I thought she could use someone to tell her to snap out of it. I don't think it helps anyone to indulge their self-pity parade.

(Like with anything, this is just my opinion.)

Maybe the right reaction is to say, "Oh you poor baby." But what is the right thing to say to someone who's convinced there is NO solution? Who thinks expecting the absolute worst is the right thing to do? I don't think her attitude is helping her, and worse, I don't think sharing this attitude is helping anyone. So saying, "oh poor you" is not my idea of giving someone support.

So Morphia probably isn't reading this post (IGNORE function - it's a good thing), but if she is - Morphia, please get help. I think you have bigger problems than BV.

--

Anyway, other than that, I agree with the spirit of your post, Jewels. If your doctor is not addressing all your concerns, you should definitely look for a new one. I know not everyone has health insurance, and the luxury to switch doctors, but you should still try. (FYI - I had just written this in the 2nd entry of my blog yesterday.)

--------------------

+Quote Post
jewelscando
post May 19 2007, 12:29 AM
Post #3618

Hardcore BUSTie

Well Morphia, I'm so sorry to hear about your pain. DAMN...it's so fricking ridiculous that we have to go through this shit. It's absolutely amazing how each of our bodies are different. YOU DON'T OWE ANYONE AN APOLOGY!!! We are not doctors!! We were just giving our thoughts. So...I'm on your side. Your doctor is an asshole. The only thing you can do about that, is keeping changing doctors until you find one who will listen. My doctor listens, thank God. He doesn't really help me as far as giving me a cure, but, he's definatley NOT condensending, and actually seems a bit sympathetic. I like the fact that when I tell him stuff from this board, he writes it down, so he can research it as well.

ALSO----ALL OF US, INCLUDING ME, REALLY NEED TO GET AWAY FROM THE BULLSHIT POSTS. WE REALLY NEED TO BE A SUPPORT GROUP GUYS. THESE RUDE, RIDICULOUS POSTS GOING BACK AND FORTH ARE NOT HELPING ANYONE!! I'M SORRY FOR THE ONES I DID, AND UNLESS THERE'S ANOTHER HOLISTIC JACKASS PERSON ON HERE, OR SOMEONE TRYING TO SELL ENZARA, I WILL REALLY TRY NOT TO GET INTO THOSE NASTY BATTLES AGAIN!! Morphia, I apologize to you, especially....

Here's my symptoms when B.V. is coming on.

1. Bubbles, right when I'm finishing going pee
2. I use Dial Soap only on my vagina. If I have B.V., when I wash, I can smell fish. If I don't have B.V., there's no smell when I wash. (If I use any other soap down there, it ALWAYS SMELLS LIKE FISH, so, using the Dial is key for me)
3. Pinching feeling going up through the Vagina.
4. Grayish color discharge, that drips out in the toilet and on underwear
5. Shit smell in Vagina.

I don't ever have the fish smell to where anyone can smell it, unless it's during Sex. Years and years ago, when I got this, I could smell it while just sitting there, but I treated it back then, and it didn't return for about 10yrs. And since then, I never have a smell to where my co workers can smell it. I feel really bad for those of you who do!!!!

Yeast Infection:

1. Burning, both on the inside and outside
2. Itching so bad that you want to take a baby bottle brush and stick it up there and go in and out, in and out, in and out!! hahaha
3. Cottage cheese like discharge
4. Smell of bread, sorda! lol

So, I can't relate to the pain you are having with the B.V., ONLY because I don't have that with my symptoms. But evidentally, from the posts here, pain with B.V. is very common!!!

Morphia...please try to stay calm. Once you get the burning under control, hopefully the doctors can give you something that will start giving you relief. There's been a couple of things on here that some of us have found that have really worked. But, you need to get the burning under control I think before you insert anything else vaginally. GOOD THOUGHTS TO MORPHIA!!! biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
lori
post May 19 2007, 12:27 AM
Post #3619

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(Morphia @ May 18 2007, 07:29 PM) *
You have contributed NOTHING to this board.

I don't think that's true.

And I think you should take responsibility for the fact that you're the who picked a fight with me, first. All I said was "No one said you didn't have BV." One sentence. A statement of fact. Then you went ballistic. Then you made an excuse, that you had a lot of health problems which gives you the right to act the way you do.

I am very sorry about all your health problems. Everyone here is. No one wants you to be sick and everyone wants you (and ourselves, and each other) to be well. But it doesn't give you the right to be an asshole.

QUOTE(Morphia @ May 18 2007, 07:29 PM) *
I wish you would just disappear.

Please use the IGNORE function. Please really use it, not just say you will but lie about it.

And also Morphia?

I think you need to see a therapist.

--------------------

+Quote Post
lori
post May 18 2007, 09:53 PM
Post #3620

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(ilovehim @ May 18 2007, 03:35 PM) *
Guys, I need help!

ok my MAJOR problem with this b.v./yeast shit is that when I get my period the smell is TERRIBLE! It's the worst smell I could even think of! I am really tempted to purchase tampons because of how bad it can get. I'm talkin' not only me smelling the FUNK, but I know damn well the people around me are suffocated by it! I feel bad for my boyfriend 'cause he has to put up with it when he's with me.Although I change the pad very often, (1-2 hours never longer) the smell just doesn't subside.

I really need suggestions because i'm helpless. Should I try the tampons? My only concern is that it may things much worse, especially smell-wise. Please HELP!

Hey ilovehim.

I quickly skimmed your post history and you mentioned that you've been taking flagyl? But you're still having the really bad odor?

It's possible that your problem might be something else, not BV.

My experience with flagyl is that it works, at least while I'm taking it. It just can't prevent recurrences. (Just my experience.)

QUOTE(neverending @ May 18 2007, 03:54 PM) *
Ilovehim: 2 WORDS = DIVA CUP!

My vote is thumbs down on the Diva Cup. Putting re-useable plastic things in your vagina might not be a good idea because: ... diaphragm use has been associated with increased incidence of candidal infections, urinary tract infections, and bacterial vaginosis. I'm not sure why this is - but it might be because you're introducing bacteria into the vagina while you're putting it in and taking it out.

Of course, a Diva Cup is not exactly the same thing as a diaphragm. And remember, it's just one opinion. You should use your own judgment and do what you want.

--------------------

+Quote Post

271 Pages V  « < 179 180 181 182 183 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
6 User(s) are reading this topic (6 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: September 2, 2014 - 06:28 AM