The Lounge Guidelines Help Search Members Calendar Blogs

Welcome Guest [ Log In | Register ] ]

211 Pages V  « < 176 177 178 179 180 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> small breast support group - (I need it even if they don't)
newo_ikkin
post Apr 15 2008, 11:16 AM
Post #3541

BUSTie

mammograms on breast implants... main reason I do not want to specialize in that area: if a woman has implants we have to pull the nipple out while pushing the implant back to get as much natural tissue in there as possible. Learned that in the first or second week of my program and have not been interested in mammography since!

I've heard of women who get large tattoos to cover their mastectomy scars. As much as I would be excited for a reason to get reconstructive augmentation, I think I'd be more likely to turn my chest into a little work of art. Breast cancer runs in my family so I've thought about that from time to time.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
karategrrl
post Apr 15 2008, 07:23 AM
Post #3542

Hardcore BUSTie

Yep, DJ, she did feel like it was small potatoes. Case in point: I said, "OMG, wasn't the recovery from the impants, like, the worst thing ever?" (that's what I've read/heard.) She said, "Well, it was nothing compared to this (pointing to where uterus used to be)." 'Nuff said.

"i agree too, post-mastectomy seems to be more about getting back what you've lost, like a wig after chemo. whereas cosmetic surgery - i know we're all third wave and all in here, but having major surgery to modify healthy tissue in the absence of any medical indication seems kinda self-hating."

Ditto! I can understand implants in my friend's case, or if one breast is grossly undersized compared to the other, for example (in which case, one could also opt to get the larger one made smaller, heh heh...) BUT I've seen waaay too many "before" pics of beautiful, knock-dead gorgeous breasts I've give my left eyeteeth for, made inflated by freaking implants. Makes me want to get violent!

"Chesticles don't even come into it..."

Chesticles! HAAA! LOVE IT! laugh.gif

" i actually thought Ashlee Simpson was kind of cute before the nose job, now she's just yet another generic hollywood fembot. "

Me too!!!! I loved her old nose. I actually find unusual or interesting-looking people much more attractive than "perfect"-looking people. (Husband says he is lucky for that, ha.)

"the biggest scary horror story for me is the stuff i've read about women breastfeeding and their babies being poisoned by faulty implants. Just horrible."

Oh crap, I had not heard about that! Not to mention it's more difficult to get accurate mammograms (according to my friend, who is a mammographer).

+Quote Post
Vendetta
post Apr 14 2008, 09:32 AM
Post #3543

Hardcore BUSTie

I don't disagree with cosmetic breast augmentation if that's a "patient's" will. But I have to say that when I see normal women with normal sized breasts going under surgery, it disgusts me. I agree with breast augmentation in cases of hypomasty for example. If something like not having breasts mixes up with a woman-'s self-esteem, and we all know it does and we all know the importance breasts have to women, why not?

+Quote Post
dj-bizmonkey
post Apr 14 2008, 09:07 AM
Post #3544

Hardcore BUSTie

hugs to all you ladies out there! i've been out of the loop, entertaining my mom, her best friend and her daughter who is my age. on that note, it was at least mildly vindicating to go shopping with her. she's very well-endowed and probably three or four times i heard her cry from the dressing room, 'my boobs are too big for this!' it's nice to know that while we may not have mastered the sweater, we can get away with loads more types of clothing.

i agree with everyone else here, i think getting reconstructive surgery after a masectomy is completely different than just getting implants. no one (unless they are trans) elects to have their breasts removed. it isn't a choice to have breast cancer. it is a choice to, as beck put it, mess with already health tissue. the fact is, no matter the size or the shape, they are a symbol of femininity and losing that is devastating. i do understand what karategrrl is saying however as in, 'hasn't she been through enough?' well, maybe after all the chemo and biopsies (sp?) have breast augmentation feels like small potatoes.

speaking of breast cancer, i was putting together a lecture on breastfeeding for my class last week and i came across this ad campaign. i thought it was pretty amazing:

www.print.duncans.tv/2006/obsessed-with-breasts/

--------------------
"To lose everything at the edge of such a glorious eternity is far sweeter than to win by plodding through a cautious, painless, and featureless life."

+Quote Post
beck
post Apr 14 2008, 06:01 AM
Post #3545

Hardcore BUSTie

i agree too, post-mastectomy seems to be more about getting back what you've lost, like a wig after chemo. whereas cosmetic surgery - i know we're all third wave and all in here, but having major surgery to modify healthy tissue in the absence of any medical indication seems kinda self-hating.

when i was a teenager i used to ponder the idea of surgery, i would never do it now as my breasts are just not that important a part of my identity. they don't even register on my radar - i want to be known for being smart, on top of my game in my chosen profession (might need to cut down on BUSTing for that), a good friend, in the near future to be a good mother...Chesticles don't even come into it, as long as they work for the purpose they're designed for (that would be feeding babies, not impressing neanderthals), i'm happy.

Not to mention the fact that people tend to look a whole lot worse after having surgery - i actually thought Ashlee Simpson was kind of cute before the nose job, now she's just yet another generic hollywood fembot. in fact, can anyone name a single famous person who looks better post-surgery (excluding gastric bypasses perhaps) than before?

the biggest scary horror story for me is the stuff i've read about women breastfeeding and their babies being poisoned by faulty implants. Just horrible.

OK rant over

+Quote Post
beck
post Apr 14 2008, 06:00 AM
Post #3546

Hardcore BUSTie

oops felt so strongly i posted twice smile.gif

+Quote Post
knorl05
post Apr 13 2008, 04:15 PM
Post #3547

Hardcore BUSTie

karategrrl: right. reconstructive surgery post-mastectomy is an entirely different situation than cosmetic procedures, imo. my aunt went thru the same thing, it is very saddening to see. she was stripped of so much, it was a nice option to be able to at least get a memory back of who she used to be.

breast implants are supposed to fall, but there are quite a few cases in which women have to return to the operating table to fix whatever mishap resulted from the surgery. i have honestly heard/seen more horror stories or complications from the procedure than not. sad.gif

--------------------
We adore chaos because we love to produce order.
- M.C. Escher

+Quote Post
karategrrl
post Apr 13 2008, 03:16 PM
Post #3548

Hardcore BUSTie

Okay, ladies, I have to share...

I saw an acquantance of mine the other night. I hadn't seen her in several months. Well...she got boobie implants. Now, before we all get ballistic, let me say that this poor woman--who is only in her mid-40s did so as part of a breast reconstruction following breast cancer--she's had a few breast biopsies, chemo (and hair loss, over a year ago) and a total hysterectomy. The biopsies left her breasts dimpled, so I think she was trying to fill them out. She's been through so much I'm sure it was like, "Fuck it! I'm getting implants!" I must say, she didn't go nuts with the size. They do look natural. But...

The left one is higher. She said she's waiting for it to "fall," like it should." If it doesn't, the doctor wil have to *operate*--again--to put it where it needs to be. Hasn't this woman been through enough? Was I right, or what--implants aren't a one-shot, done deal. <<shudder>>

PS: Ditto on the NIPPLES!!!! Love 'em. Even boy nips. wink.gif

+Quote Post
Vendetta
post Apr 13 2008, 03:56 AM
Post #3549

Hardcore BUSTie

Thank you ladies.. you have been just what I need. And yes, it is possible for me to feel the way I felt before... It has to be in me somewhere...

+Quote Post
konphusion26
post Apr 11 2008, 02:51 PM
Post #3550

Hardcore BUSTie

Agreeing with Crinoline - nipples-are-awesome! lol all sizes!

--------------------
Faith is hoping for and believing in things you cannot see!

+Quote Post
knorl05
post Apr 11 2008, 10:22 AM
Post #3551

Hardcore BUSTie

i'm sayin!

is true boobies dont make the woman. we just gotta redirect our attention to other aspects of ourselves that make us attractive individuals. if in fact that's what we want. wink.gif

--------------------
We adore chaos because we love to produce order.
- M.C. Escher

+Quote Post
karategrrl
post Apr 11 2008, 07:32 AM
Post #3552

Hardcore BUSTie

Hope you're doing better, V. We all have our bad days, myself included.

What support! You ladies just seriously freaking ROCK!!!

+Quote Post
edie52
post Apr 10 2008, 06:15 PM
Post #3553

Hardcore BUSTie

*joins group hug*

Vendetta, I remember reading your posts about how confident and sexy you used to feel, and that was really inspiring. I think it's possible for you to feel that way again. Don't beat yourself up if you can't get back to it right away, but don't forget about it either. It's in you somewhere!

+Quote Post
crinoline
post Apr 10 2008, 10:11 AM
Post #3554

Hardcore BUSTie

*jumps in for (((GROUP HUG!)))*

V- No matter the size of the boob, I'm sure you have nips, and nips are always sexy! Yay for being sexy women with small (but still perfect!) boobies!

--------------------
http://www.etsy.com/shop/crinolinecreations Handmade accessories for the SuperCute!

+Quote Post
karategrrl
post Apr 10 2008, 06:27 AM
Post #3555

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(Vendetta @ Apr 9 2008, 11:38 PM) *
It's just a pain in the ass when the breasts are TOO small that just disappear under clothes or with shoulders back... then what the hell, small boobs can be sexy but what about almost un-existant ones?? I cannot find my boobs sexy when the most of the time my belly is bigger than them.. argh!

Hey Ms. V (for Vendetta),

Sounds like you need a BIG ((HUG))! You are SEXY, bebe!!!!

+Quote Post
Vendetta
post Apr 9 2008, 05:21 PM
Post #3556

Hardcore BUSTie

It's just a pain in the ass when the breasts are TOO small that just disappear under clothes or with shoulders back... then what the hell, small boobs can be sexy but what about almost un-existant ones?? I cannot find my boobs sexy when the most of the time my belly is bigger than them.. argh!

+Quote Post
karategrrl
post Apr 7 2008, 12:41 PM
Post #3557

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(beck @ Apr 7 2008, 03:58 PM) *
ETA: I just hate to see the assumption of ‘large breasts good, small breasts bad’. I would compare it more to hair or eye colour – there isn’t one ‘good’ kind and a bunch of inferior ones.

So true, so true. There are, of course, plenty of people who don't share our highly advanced thinking. wink.gif

I have blue eyes but I've always loved brown eyes--so deep, dark and mysterious. Well, people with brown eyes envy mine. I love straight hair--it's classy looking and takes to bob cuts so well. Well, as you might guess, everyone with stright hair wishes they had my curly hair. The grass is always greener, huh? We humans are funny...

+Quote Post
beck
post Apr 7 2008, 09:41 AM
Post #3558

Hardcore BUSTie

you're right karategrrl, hottness comes in all shapes and sizes, i just felt sad when i read the posts on here. i don't normally post on this thread as i've always been ok with my breast size, as far as i've given it any thought at all. to be honest, it never occurred to me that girls or boys might find me less attractive because they are not large.

boo to stupid media stereotypes selling fake images of fake women, i say. and to the men who are silly enough to think that those images are in any way grounded in reality.

ETA: I just hate to see the assumption of ‘large breasts good, small breasts bad’. I would compare it more to hair or eye colour – there isn’t one ‘good’ kind and a bunch of inferior ones.

+Quote Post
karategrrl
post Apr 7 2008, 06:53 AM
Post #3559

Hardcore BUSTie

Sorry, gals, for the duplicate posts from me...computer server issues??????

+Quote Post
karategrrl
post Apr 7 2008, 06:52 AM
Post #3560

Hardcore BUSTie

Well, my original post got lost somehwere in cyberspace, but I wanted to say that though I won't promote any body type as "hotter" than another, Beck, I have to agree that smaller busts do tend to lend a more streamlined look to the body overall. I have read compaints from our large-busted sistahs about how it's hard for them NOT to look provocative, how men tend to talk to their chests, and how when they try to hide the large breasts with flowy tops, the overall effect tends to add the appearance of pounds.

I trained in the martial arts for many years (as you may have guessed) and took my share of (unintentional)elbows to the breasts and such. Ouch!! At times like that, I was glad to only have what I have! The streamlined look works on me. smile.gif

+Quote Post

211 Pages V  « < 176 177 178 179 180 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: July 23, 2014 - 08:08 PM