Welcome Guest [ Log In | Register ] ]

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Hauling Ass On My Hip: The Purse/Bag Thread
dayglowpink
post Dec 31 2008, 08:26 PM
Post #21

Hardcore BUSTie

raisingirl- I have the same problem. I use a Timbuktu bag most of the time when I'm walking or biking places, but sometimes I want something a little nicer looking that can still go across my body and be comfy. I have a couple of Queen Bee bags which serve this purpose a little better, but I want something more simple and dressy than those, I guess. I've seen Coach bags that might fit the bill, but that's expensive, of course. If you find anything or get any other ideas, let me know, too! smile.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
missladyj
post Dec 19 2008, 10:12 AM
Post #22

Hardcore BUSTie

This is the first new purse I have bought in like three years so excited! It is supposed to arrive on 12/24. can't wait

http://store02.prostores.com/servlet/hells...e-Set-by/Detail

then I needed a new wallet so I got this

http://store02.prostores.com/servlet/hells...cketbook/Detail

and then I figured I could use a new clutch so I got this

http://store02.prostores.com/servlet/hells...e-Clutch/Detail

yeah!!!

+Quote Post
raisingirl
post Dec 17 2008, 08:22 PM
Post #23

PANTIES! ew.

Can any of you recommend an everyday knock-around-town type of bag that's NOT a messenger bag? I'm looking for one to wear across the body in all sorts of weather, something to hold the usual purse-y stuff and a paperback book and 5x8 notebook, but not large enough to hold a computer. Ideas? I'm not looking for a ginormous bag. I am not crazy about Queen Bee bags, but don't really know what I'm looking for.

+Quote Post
treehugger
post Aug 16 2008, 11:31 AM
Post #24

cryostat bitch

Yesterday I met a woman who had one of these.

I covet it. I want it. I may get it.

--------------------
To block Steve's latest incarnation, Click Here.

+Quote Post
llamas
post Aug 6 2008, 04:52 PM
Post #25

Hardcore BUSTie

Alas, I found through that link that the only Vera Bradley print that I like is being discontinued. *sob*
And that I want this in said print (Capri Blue) badly.

+Quote Post
.eilleen.
post Aug 6 2008, 12:40 PM
Post #26

Hardcore BUSTie

My new travel duffel is a work of art and beauty: Vera Bradley Pink Elephants. It will debut this weekend on our trip to Amherst.

+Quote Post
auralpoison
post Aug 5 2008, 03:18 PM
Post #27

Big Fat Bitch

My soon to be new weekender.

The shoes I want to go with it.

Yes, I do want to look as confusing as humanly possible.

--------------------
"You're cute, like a velvet glove cast in iron. And like a gas chamber, a real fun gal."

+Quote Post
thirtiesgirl
post Jul 30 2008, 09:23 AM
Post #28

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(LustfullyPink @ Jul 29 2008, 12:41 PM) *
Thirtiesgirl, I have the grey snakeskin purse you're talking about. I can't believe it's at Ross now, I bought mine at Pennys <.>

I just saw some similar faux grey snakeskin purses at Target the other day. Not quite the same model, but made of exactly the same material. I really like it because it goes with so much in my wardrobe ~ black, brown, grey, green, blue, burgundy, etc.

The other day, my shopaholic tendencies got the better of me and I stopped in at Payless Shoes (which I totally should *not* have done)... anyway, I ended up buying this very cute dark brown purse, kind of a tote, but not as large as standard totes.

I know it looks black in the pic, but it's a dark, bittersweet chocolate brown, which I love. (They also have it in tomato red.) My justification is that I've needed a brown purse for a while. I have a brown medical bag style purse, but it's never hung right on me and the straps keep slipping, so I don't use it often. I ended up giving that one to Goodwill after I bought this bag. So, see - something good did come of it!

--------------------
I'm no model lady. A model's just an imitation of the real thing.
-Mae West

+Quote Post
LustfullyPink
post Jul 29 2008, 02:41 PM
Post #29

Hardcore BUSTie

Thirtiesgirl, I have the grey snakeskin purse you're talking about. I can't believe it's at Ross now, I bought mine at Pennys <.>

--------------------
Give me room to stand, and I will move the world.

+Quote Post
thirtiesgirl
post Jul 22 2008, 12:06 AM
Post #30

Hardcore BUSTie

I'm not a big designer bag buyer, mostly because I can't afford them, but I also don't like the way a lot of them are designed. I'm not a big fan of designer logos all over things, so the current crop of YSL, Coach and Gucci bags don't appeal to me. I'm generally an inexpensive and rather trendy purse buyer and prefer something with a little vintage style. I recently found a very cute faux grey snakeskin bag at Ross that makes me quite happy. It's not quite a bucket bag. I suppose you could call it a tote, but it's not quite as big as most totes either. It's kind of gathered at the top, with two straps, and the perfect amount of room inside. Plus, I love the grey snakeskin.

That said, though, I do like some of the older Coach bag designs. Years ago, I went to a Coach outlet sale and found a black suede satchel that's absolutely gorgeous. I haven't carried it in years, but I've kept it in storage because I know it will come in handy again someday.

--------------------
I'm no model lady. A model's just an imitation of the real thing.
-Mae West

+Quote Post
missladyj
post Jul 21 2008, 09:22 PM
Post #31

Hardcore BUSTie

nice work hellotampon!!

I love big bags. I do have rules though, if it is a big purse it should be large enough to discretely carry a bottle of champagne. I have a big ass black patent leather vintage purse with gold buckles I call, pursezilla. it's huge and yes it can fit a bottle of champagne.

+Quote Post
hellotampon
post Jul 21 2008, 06:24 PM
Post #32

Hardcore BUSTie

found this at salvation army:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v240/hel...n/july21049.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v240/hel...n/july21050.jpg

It's a little beat up but I love it. I don't buy anything leather unless it's secondhand, so yeah.

+Quote Post
candycane_girl
post Jul 21 2008, 05:24 PM
Post #33

Hardcore BUSTie

AP, I want your bag soooo bad! Sadly I can't afford something like that.

I'm just looking for a really big bag that I can fit my notebook in. I hate carrying my school bag and purse separately.

+Quote Post
missladyj
post Jul 21 2008, 03:22 PM
Post #34

Hardcore BUSTie

I have a huge collection of purses, mostly vintage clutches. but my most recent addition is a whiting and davis white mesh purse with a large silver clasp and silver chain. it still has the old Marshall Field's sticker on the inside. It is equisite.

AP I love the fluevog bag! I just signed the paperwork for my completion of my master's degree and all I can think about is buying another clutch from this site

http://store02.prostores.com/servlet/hells...e-Clutch/Detail

+Quote Post
auralpoison
post Jul 14 2008, 03:35 PM
Post #35

Big Fat Bitch

You wouldn't believe the shit I can fit into that thing! It's a good sized tote, I packed a week's worth of clothes & junk in it & used it on a trip. It's dope-a-rope! Plus, it's extremely well made & I can carry it forever, unlike a lot of the more expensive trendoid bags. Strange women stop me all the time to ask about it.

--------------------
"You're cute, like a velvet glove cast in iron. And like a gas chamber, a real fun gal."

+Quote Post
shinyx3
post Jul 14 2008, 03:13 PM
Post #36

go ahead . . . push the button!

*gasp sputter sigh* AP i heart that bag!

--------------------
"Razors pain you; rivers are damp; acids stain you; and drugs cause cramp. Guns aren't lawful; nooses give; gas smells awful; you might as well live."

+Quote Post
auralpoison
post Jul 14 2008, 03:06 PM
Post #37

Big Fat Bitch

This is my current baby. I lurve her.

Never been much of one for D&B or Coach. The boyfriend bought me a limited edition giant Coach hobo a few years ago, but I never carry it.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Divala
post Jul 14 2008, 03:03 PM
Post #38

Hardcore BUSTie

I just got a couple new Coach purses at the outlet store a few weeks back. They were having a massive sale and had a lot of good stuff in stock. One of them is a very pale blue supple leather bag with brushed silver clasp. The strap is kinda funky with belted crap and lots of holes (which I was actually happy about because I can carry this one on my shoulder instead of in my hand. I'd been looking for a blue purse for years and years. My other is a patchwork bag that expands. There's no hardware on it whatsoever. It's got happy colors and I have shoes to match. I got them both for under $250 total.

My Prada is in the shop now. sad.gif It's been there for over 8 weeks, and I'm getting sick of this. Word to the wise: don't buy Prada unless you want to have to pay for repairs. I was under the impression that it was under guarantee, but nope. The zipper broke, so I sent it in to Neiman Marcus (I get all my good bags there on their semi-annual sale) to repair it, and Prada is charging me $75 to replace the lousy zipper, of all the dumb things. Grrr!

I've got quite a few designer bags, but they're getting worn out. The Prada broke. My Kate Spade is still cute, but isn't as sharp as it used to be (it's a doctor's bag style that's square shaped and zips on the top over the middle. The creases don't hold it in as much of a square shape anymore because I use it so much). My black Fendi has black car touch-up paint on it (not noticeable to anyone but me, but still...). My D&B is still looking good, though, but I don't use it too much. It's pink leather with tan accents. I kind of beat my bags to hell.

--------------------
"After all those hours of concentrated effort, I come home pure as the driven snow." -Gidget

+Quote Post
shinyx3
post Jul 14 2008, 02:13 PM
Post #39

go ahead . . . push the button!

LMP - i just sold my d&b purse and matching wallet on ebay! it was very nice but i never used it. then for mothers day my honey bunny hubby brought me a fab italian leather purse from rome. (he gave a talk there) i looked for a pic on line but can't find one.

kitten - some of my best purses are thrift store cheapo ones. i have a great sequined clutch that every one always comments on that i got for free at a thrift store when i was buying some other stuff and the guy threw it in for free. it has black silver and pinkish bronze sequins in a v shape with satine interior. really a gorgeous clutch.

--------------------
"Razors pain you; rivers are damp; acids stain you; and drugs cause cramp. Guns aren't lawful; nooses give; gas smells awful; you might as well live."

+Quote Post
LoveMyPugs
post Jul 14 2008, 10:20 AM
Post #40

I seriously just catwalked with it the whole time I was at lunch in the cafeteria with the other interns. They were all laughing at me.

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: September 15, 2014 - 09:05 PM