The Lounge Guidelines Help Search Members Calendar Blogs

Welcome Guest [ Log In | Register ] ]

120 Pages V  « < 118 119 120  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Crimes of Fashion part Deux...this time, it's personal.
maimy
post Apr 23 2006, 06:40 PM
Post #2381

Hardcore BUSTie

LOL - "Observed over a 10-day period, Mr. Upadhya takes plaids to a stare-thee-well." We SO have to co-opt the phrase "stare-thee-well".
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
bklynhermit
post Apr 23 2006, 05:11 PM
Post #2382

Hardcore BUSTie

i love the fact that he does kilts. and in the same plaids as his pants. so practical, that...

*snort*

+Quote Post
mornington
post Apr 23 2006, 04:44 PM
Post #2383

now running on biodiesel and sacrificial blood

i'm not sure whether to run in fear or stand, point, and laugh.

+Quote Post
pixiedust
post Apr 23 2006, 03:47 PM
Post #2384

Tink's Red headed Step Sis

HC...it's all the same guy..over a 10 day period...yuck!

--------------------
~May the Fleas of one thousand camels infest the crotch of any person who messes up your day, and may their arms be too short to scratch!~

+Quote Post
herculesgirl
post Apr 23 2006, 03:37 PM
Post #2385

Hardcore BUSTie

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

The third guy (bottom row) looks like Don Knotts!!!!

+Quote Post
pepper
post Apr 23 2006, 10:55 AM
Post #2386

AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*whimper*

+Quote Post
doodlebug
post Apr 23 2006, 10:31 AM
Post #2387

I know it's only rock 'n' roll. But I like it.

I just about died when I saw this (see the bottom row of photos). So when MEN do shit like this, they're just called "free-spirited"??

--------------------
Check out my band's new demo online! You can DL my original....and please fan up if ya like it!

+Quote Post
bklynhermit
post Apr 23 2006, 09:56 AM
Post #2388

Hardcore BUSTie

pepper, i actually thought you had a decent outfit going before the funfur coat and toe socks w/ sandals. which couldn't be helped considering it was inexplicably cold out.

and bustygirl, wow. where does one even get that stuff? that's, like, a whole new level of sartorial insanity. one that clearly involves premeditation (the intensive color coordinating with hair to match) AND at home craft projects (tie-dyed tee, DIY patchwork pants). wow.

hippies gone wrong is my favorite genre of COF, definitely. that, and little old ladies who seem confused about what decade it is and what sorts of clothes are generally available in stores. my all time favorite is a woman in her mid sixties dressed to the nines in Jackie O style as if it is still 1964 and she is still 25 years old. including a cheap black dye job that has faded to purple, AND bright blue eyeshadow, bright red lipstick, and FALSE EYELASHES.

wow. this was from a few years ago, but wow.

+Quote Post
doodlebug
post Apr 23 2006, 09:06 AM
Post #2389

I know it's only rock 'n' roll. But I like it.

Aw maims...you make me feel so special!

--------------------
Check out my band's new demo online! You can DL my original....and please fan up if ya like it!

+Quote Post
bustygirl
post Apr 23 2006, 08:52 AM
Post #2390

Hardcore BUSTie

Pepper, I bet you still looked better than the visitor from planet Whatthefuck we saw at our local Starschmuck's last night...

-Red/orange and tan mid-80's high-top puffy Nike's
-billowy pj-like PATCHWORK pants looking like they were DIYed out of children's day-glo comic book curtains. All in shades of neon orange and hot pink and red.
-Tie-dyed tee coloured--you guessed it!--dayglo orange
-manic-panicked fire engine red hair in no discernable style
-mid 90's Dr. Suess hippy fuckwit hat.

My husband and I could only sit in openmouthed wonder at the person who would have worn this out of the house. Or even in it, for that matter.

+Quote Post
pepper
post Apr 22 2006, 07:26 PM
Post #2391

i am reporting myself.
when i'm in a time pinch i usually just don't care at all what i'm wearing but this was horrible, even for me.

get your mental eyeballs ready for a fright site. ready? ok...

bright green terry fleece track pants, the low-waisted fitted kind, with one back pocket and white piping down the sides. white shirt with navy raglan sleeves and an unknown band logo. sweater hoodie of red, blue and grey stripes. black fun fur winter coat with huge hairy collar. tan sandals with the toe thingy, you know the kind, that neccesitated red yellow orange and blue toe socks that only have one toe pocket for the big toe. in hot pink, the toe pocket that is. i don't even know what to call that outfit. what can i say? i was in a big hurry and it was colder out than i thought. i layered up in what was handy.
AND not only was i out in public in this get up, i had to stop by my work (at the BANK!!!) to pick up something that i forgot. yes, the bank manager and my co-workers saw me, yes, they think that i am a lunatic. so do i.

+Quote Post
whammy_bar
post Apr 22 2006, 05:23 PM
Post #2392

Hardcore BUSTie

1) woman in trendy ice-cream shop wearing pajama bottoms with ralph lauren polo player logos all over them. trying to impress the guy that joined her (brown hair longish, bandanna on his head, gold wire rimmed glasses) by making fun of me for nodding to the funky rap music that was getting blasted over our heads, prompting me to say to my boyfriend "Bob! I sure wish I wore my designer pajamas today!"

Ack.

Then, as I was going to work and headed up the stairs of the subway, a heavy, sticky honeysuckle scent came down, which I realized was not the actual plant but the perfume of the bright-red-from-head to toe-wearing, hideously blondined woman ahead of me.

My eyes focused on her boots, which were like the heavy duty biker/engineer boots that are being knocked off by designers now for a lot more money, except they had the straps and ring along with a wobbly kitten heel and a fringed tassel on the outside edge of each foot, AND were too short to be the real thing -- neither knee nor ankle length but that very unflattering in between length.

And what looked to be cheap fake leather because they were very thick and had huge wrinkles swarming in every direction all over it. the topper was when she got to my building, plopped herself on a ledge outside, and started blowing out puffs of smoke between her very red lips with an arrogant air, and showing her badly cropped, bleach damaged, black at the roots boy crop hair.

She gave me this look like "I am the shit!!"

It's like -- yes, you certainly are.

+Quote Post

120 Pages V  « < 118 119 120
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: July 28, 2014 - 01:56 PM