The Lounge Guidelines Help Search Members Calendar Blogs

Welcome Guest [ Log In | Register ] ]

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Return Of The Vintage Busties, over 35 & fabulous,dahling!
zoya
post Mar 1 2008, 09:30 AM
Post #21

uh huh.

bump for 30 and overs.....
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
dusty
post Feb 19 2008, 10:11 AM
Post #22

Hardcore BUSTie

I have been tracking my cycle for twenty years and NOW I am slacking off when the information might be really useful.

(((Mandi))) yikes.

I know someone who has been getting seniors discounts on meals since she was under forty. I feel quite relieved that it has never happened to me, even though my hair is completely gray.

+Quote Post
mandolyn
post Feb 17 2008, 01:38 PM
Post #23

Hardcore BUSTie

the phrase nipple hair is freaking me out right now. blink.gif

i used to enjoy surprising people with my age. until they started guessing i was in my early 40's instead of my mid-t-late 30's. le sigh.

as someone who went 5 months without her period, i was relieved that it seemed to be over. but now that it's back, i dunno. i'm also relieved, because even tho my blood test came back with an "official" diagnosis of menopause, i felt like i was too young. it was also nerve-wracking never knowing when and if i'd start bleeding.

no hot flashes yet. sky-high cholesterol numbers and nastyass weight-gain. elevated depression/anxiety ... tho i think at least that's dissipating or leveling out, thank christ.

and i just passed my 47.5 "halfbirthday". *curtsies*

happy birthday week, treehugger!

--------------------
"... what i want is what i've not got
and what i need is all around me."

+Quote Post
i_am_jan
post Feb 17 2008, 09:31 AM
Post #24

Hardcore BUSTie

I had another younger dude hit on me last evening at the library. He was 19 and ~no~ I'm not kidding!!!!!!!! (ha ha "KIDding" ~ no pun intended...)

He was cute & sweet; however, I never take these chances. I'm deathly afraid of my perceived "moment of rejection" (a look on his face, a "wow" coming out of his mouth, whatever) when I tell him I am almost 40.

I am thinking of making myself a t-shirt made that says TOO OLD FOR YOU. (Don't know why I thought of that specifically??) But I feel if I did something like that, that I could put the age out there TO BEGIN WITH, and then I would feel more in control? (or something?) Like, I'd feel better if he knew my age already, and THEN hit on me you know?

Tee hee. I really try to not have hang-ups about age like this. But teenagers and early 20's people scare me a little dry.gif

+Quote Post
missladyj
post Feb 16 2008, 07:05 AM
Post #25

Hardcore BUSTie

Happy B-Day Treehugger!

+Quote Post
i_am_jan
post Feb 15 2008, 09:41 PM
Post #26

Hardcore BUSTie

zoya: sa-weet! on the waxing

I remember my ma telling me she was glad to be getting older because all of the fuss about her appearance & shite was over. She said she could take herself less seriously about that stuff.

She also said she was tired of all the male attention at some point, it became sort of a responsibility to look good and be nice. I can see that. (Although it's easy to say right now? i hope I still feel that way as I age),

pretty sure i will though. Like, okay, I surrender/. Start spending time and money on other things?

+Quote Post
zoya
post Feb 15 2008, 09:28 PM
Post #27

uh huh.

according to my 65 year old mother, age gets rid of the need for bikini waxes.... she says the hair just thins out and goes away eventually....

happy b-day treehugger!

+Quote Post
i_am_jan
post Feb 15 2008, 07:33 PM
Post #28

Hardcore BUSTie

Oh my, 2 periods in one month...

I have had a change in my periods this year in that they are much shorter (down from 6 days to being only 2 or 3) but they are much heavier during those 2-3 days than have ever been before. The symptoms are worse too: I am a bear, worse cramps. what a treat, heh?

I guess that's perimenopausal, although I had never thought of it that way before.

maybe all the freakish changes in cycle serve to make a gal glad when the whole periods jig is finally up for good ohmy.gif

Happy Birthday (early) Treehugger wink.gif

P.S. I haven't heard that poem? it sounds cool, what is the name of it

+Quote Post
treehugger
post Feb 15 2008, 06:19 PM
Post #29

cryostat bitch

Hmmm...other signs of perimenopause...I've gotten more of those weird "hot flashes" (I'm still not convinced they're related to hormonal issues, they tend to happen when I've been drinking, which tends to raise blood pressure, so...who knows)

But...I had my period Feb. 2. I'm having it again. Already. My periods have sort of gone nuts.

I'm actually sort of looking forward to this part of my life, if it IS happening, or starting to happen. I don't mind being old. It's okay.

I'm liking that poem and I may print it out and put it in my locker, "when i am an old lady i will wear purple"....

By the way, I am turning 40 on Tuesday. *curtsies*

--------------------
To block Steve's latest incarnation, Click Here.

+Quote Post
dusty
post Feb 15 2008, 11:21 AM
Post #30

Hardcore BUSTie

i could live without the extra hair though, really. and i don't even shave under my arms! it's the eyebrows, chin and nipple hairs i can live without.

Nature is wonderful. Give it a few more years, and you won't be able to see most of that hair without glasses. Just don't ask me how I know that.

I didn't realize that apparently I lost track of this thread for a while.

+Quote Post
i_am_jan
post Feb 15 2008, 10:37 AM
Post #31

Hardcore BUSTie

missladyj: heh, yeah, I get that all the time too ... "oh you look great TO BE 37" ~~ ahem, *whatever*

Treehugger: Oh dear, our own Treehugger, a crone!!! Congratulations..

I hope in this culture we are able to keep that healthy image, I know it can't be easy (yes, where is Judy Blume this time around, tee hee! blink.gif

That reminded me of a book I read, "The Crone, Woman of Age, Wisdom & Power" i was fascinated by that book...our culture completely misses out on the beauty of the universe ~ the crone is a wondrous, miraculous part of womanhood, she is so necessary to the sustainence of our universe through her wisdom,but only a few people are lucky enough to be aware of that. Of course, ignoring the wisdoms of the Crone is the reason our world is turned upside down at this moment.

We do appreciate your beauty here. I'm sure I'm not the only one who is always interested in reading all of the observations that you share so generously with us~

I myself have not seen signs of menopause yet, but i know my mom was in her 40's, so...have to admit i'm pretty scared of that first hot flash creeping up before I'm expecting it. Hope you're getting through alright if that was indeed a hot flash that you had

rolleyes.gif

glad this thread has been revived

+Quote Post
missladyj
post Feb 15 2008, 08:28 AM
Post #32

Hardcore BUSTie

I have recently found two grey hairs . I am saying that I am turning blonde.

I have also been told by women in their twenties that I look so great for a 34yrold. which serves to make me feel old.
"Oh my G-d you are not 34, you look like you are in your twenties"

I know this is meant as a compliment, but fuck you.

+Quote Post
treehugger
post Oct 12 2007, 05:17 PM
Post #33

cryostat bitch

Ladies,

I may have experienced my first ever hot flash. I don't know for sure, though. Maybe a "pre" hot flash?

I was sitting having lunch and all of a sudden my face turned beet red, I started sweating, and my neck and upper chest turned red too.

I was sort of warm-ish, skin-wise, but also cool, core-wise. Maybe it's just the flu or a cold, I dunno. But I never had a flash so sudden before. Evah. It didn't feel like any cold I ever had before. Oddly enough, if it WAS a hot flash I'm kinda proud. I'm going to be a crone.

*curtsies*

heh...why do I feel like I'm in that book "are you there god, it's me margaret"...but it's about menoPAUSE instead of menSTRUATION???

--------------------
To block Steve's latest incarnation, Click Here.

+Quote Post
i_am_jan
post Oct 5 2007, 02:39 PM
Post #34

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(walkingbitch @ Oct 2 2007, 01:23 AM) *
OMG dude. bends in half laughing and tries not to hit herself in the eye with her orange in a tube sock boobs

Gotme laughin ya goofs laugh.gif

Now I'm talking about turning up a bottle of maple syrup, squirt to full coverage, spooning on a couple scoops of whippy topping, little bit 'o butter, *lift* carefully onto plate, and pancakes are served...with a smile... wink.gif~
(**what doesn't look better with a lil' bit of whipped cream & sprinkles on it, nothing I know of**) ohmy.gif

+Quote Post
walkingbitch
post Oct 1 2007, 07:06 PM
Post #35

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(yuefie @ Sep 27 2007, 07:16 PM) *
I guess if I once had it I could miss it. I'm okay with it since they aren't quite so bad off as to look like oranges (or grapefruits, canteloupes, etc) in tube socks, just yet.

OMG dude. You totally described my twins. bends in half laughing and tries not to hit herself in the eye with her orange in a tube sock boobs

--------------------
"A lot of Christians wear crosses around their necks. You think when Jesus comes back he ever wants to see a f@*#ing cross? It's like going up to Jackie Onassis wearing a rifle pendant."
Bill Hicks

+Quote Post
pepper
post Sep 30 2007, 07:53 AM
Post #36

my friend got a little botox a couple years ago, she's my chica who tries alla that stuff, microdermabrasion, laser hair removal, etc. she usually likes the "proceedures" but she didn't like the freezey juice much. said her little boy didn't take her serious when she had to say things like "i'm very angry" out loud to get her point across 'cause there was no expression on her face. ha ha.
she told me that they hardly ever listen to you when you say you only want a little of it. they really make a jab at every tiny line and crinkle that they see thinking that's the way to get you looking great. and it is, in Pictures. irl you gotta be able to crinkle this and that up a bit or you look like plasto-face. i mean, i like to be and look calm and tranquil but i think meditation might be better for this one.

+Quote Post
i_am_jan
post Sep 29 2007, 10:49 AM
Post #37

Hardcore BUSTie

sybarite: I won't lie...the botox seems like it *is* tempting. For myself though, I feel that stuff (botox, surgery, anti-wrinkle creams, peels, etc. etc. etc.) could become addictive. Like, once I did my laugh lines then I'd have to do my lips. Then once I did my lips I'd want my eyes. But then eventually I'd have to grow old anyway...yes, I'd have put certain things off for a few years, but...I feel I need to hold onto my money instead. I don't want to become so tied down to my job that I have to work so hard only to spend on those things when I might get sick (I don't have health ins.) It seems alright for those who can afford it. Me? I am a pink collar gal, income-wise. I have decided to *allow* myself to be old, wrinkled, ugly, imperfect...to try and focus on the things that I could do to make me a better person inside instead and happier. Sounds pretty idealistic in 2007 right? (Wish me luck on the 'good person' thing, my track record hasn't been so great at times, ha ha)...anywho ~ I was hot for many years, so now I've decided to be something else now (talented? good cook? a warm and loving aunt (no kids), If nothing else, I'll be here to make the rest of y'all look good...Ha ha, again, wish me luck :0

~Peace out all~

+Quote Post
sybarite
post Sep 29 2007, 10:19 AM
Post #38

it's cards on the table time

Oh, and I totally have the 80s references in spades. Um, see pic to left...

This is probably why I think New Young Pony Club sound like Pat Benatar crossed with The Motels. Which is a good thing.

+Quote Post
sybarite
post Sep 29 2007, 10:17 AM
Post #39

it's cards on the table time

Good things about being 35+:

--Agreeing with everyone having better orgasms. My sex drive is going thorugh the roof lately.

--Knowing how to represent myself/my experience/my abilities better work-wise, and having the confidence to do so.

--Knowing myself much better and being happier with where I'm at.

/hippy moment

Talk about tweezing and all aspects of post-30 grooming all you want. My main issue is actually with my skin. It's fair and over the last few years is getting little red patches here and there. I used to think they were caused by too much red wine, but apparently it's extreme changes in temperature that exacerbate them, meaning my regular saunas over the last fifteen years or so were probably a bad idea... sad.gif

I was totally against it as recently as last year but lately I've been thinking I wouldn't rule out botox. Vanity kills!

+Quote Post
i_am_jan
post Sep 27 2007, 05:50 PM
Post #40

Hardcore BUSTie

Yes, the hair thingie...I've actually always had the facial hair thing going since about teenage years. I too love waxing. Just about a month ago though, my mom gave me this little 'tool' which looks just like an electric toothbrush...I guess she picked it up at a drugstore...it's one of those little electric facial hair trimmers. I hesitated to try it at first because I feared hair would grow back faster. However, it does not. I am so glad she gave me this thing. Anytime my eyebrows get a bit bushy, or I need to trim the 'ol upper lip, I just run this thing over the hair...takes 10 seconds...it's awesome. The actual part that trims is about 2 inches long, very slim, and has little comb-like teeth on it. Just run it over the hair once and voila, electrically trimmed away. I had seen this at the drugstore before. It's worth the $15 bucks. I don't wax or pluck at all anymore. The great thing is that, unlike waxing or plucking where you want to wait til you have to do it, you can just break this thing out any time/anywhere before anything ever becomes a problemo rolleyes.gif

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: August 29, 2014 - 08:17 PM