271 Pages V  « < 72 73 74 75 76 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Bacterial Vaginosis--or--embarrassing bad smell
sooo sad
post Jun 25 2008, 12:38 PM
Post #1461

Hardcore BUSTie

upset.........

hon.....you should make an appointment with your gyn as soon as you can. to be on the safe side i wouldn't self diagnose anything cause bv, trich, and yeast have very similar symptoms. if it is bv,my advice is to get treated and while on treatment take a probiotic too...like femdophilus. you should read lori's blog. she has some great information, but first......go to the doctor sweetie.....hope this helps and hope you get better.

sooo sad
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
upset
post Jun 24 2008, 02:16 PM
Post #1462

hey everyone. im new to the thread. Im just so upset. 4 days ago i had sex (using toys)and i notice a day later i had this "aweful" smell....
I have never ever ever had this issue. as i read on the forums, and on many websites, it seems i have BV. I am beyond upset about this and im totally embarass to call the doctor. Ive read on numerous forums to try to the folic acid. i took 1 pill yesterday and 1 today, and nothing seems to have changed.
any suggestions? will this just go away!? im due for my menstral cycle in about 7 days.. .would it just go away after that since i nvr had this before? i appreciate any info sad.gif

+Quote Post
sooo sad
post Jun 24 2008, 10:30 AM
Post #1463

Hardcore BUSTie

joanclayton babe........

i wish us ladies didn't have to go thru all this damn crap...i've been suffering since 2007 too (since june to be exact). i've tried flagyl + the femd and the discharge was always still there but the bv was gone...i had the affirm test done at dr's office but itching started about 2-3 weeks later and i knew it was back. i've tried boric acid and tto but it just masks the symptoms for me. my next thing i'm gonna try is metrogel and femd and floramore and yogurt and a bunch of other vitamins that i'm already taking. i have to wait for my period though...he's on his way...lol! hopefully you will get better with the flagyl and femd...it didn't work for me. i'm thinking maybe i need local treatment to get to the specific site instead of oral but who knows blink.gif

i've also spent soooo much money on this damn bv it isn't funny...but WE WILL find what works for us!!! oh...and i really miss having sex too...damn, i feel for my boyfriend. he's so understanding, if it was someone else i think he would of been long gone...... you know, it's not just having sex, it's sharing something special with someone that you really love and it just makes us feel more connected. we've been together a little less than a year and we've probably had sex only about 10 times cause of this damn shit....i don't feel sexy at all. no lingerie or anything like that yet. i hope i can soon. the more i think about it i'm gonna cry. sometimes i don't feel like a woman at all.......

keep us posted sweetheart!!

sooo sad

+Quote Post
sooo sad
post Jun 24 2008, 10:17 AM
Post #1464

Hardcore BUSTie

neverending sweetie.........

i'm sorry to hear that but i also agree with konphusion26 that you need to get checked immediately....us ladies have alot to deal with already and to add on top of it a ...cheating spouse!!! it's not fair. the best of luck to you hunnie and keep us posted ...you will be in my prayers!!!

sooo sad

+Quote Post
JoanClayton
post Jun 24 2008, 09:03 AM
Post #1465

BUSTie

Hey Ladies,

(long vent, feel free to pass if you'd like!)

I haven't been posting because I have been so frustrated and just depressed over this whole thing, which has now been back ongoing since Nov. of 07. The smell started to get so bad that every morning after I showered I would put a tampon in to keep the smell "up there" until I was home for the day (this worked to "trap the smell", and I felt better to have no smell during the day and to have dry undies. However, I know it is bad to use tampons, and everyday at that, but this infection makes us all resort to crazy things to get a little relief). I haven't taken any vitamins or antibiotics in over 30 days or more. I wanted to give myself a chance to "flush" out everything and start over. I attribute fatigue/laziness directly to these infections. I notice a distinct difference when I am afflicted (constantly tired, never feel rested, always wanting to sleep) and when it seems to have cleared up. I also associate hair growth and nail growth (or lack of) with this as I notice a distinct difference here also (hardly any new growth of nails or hair, when I feel like I don't have it, I have noticed that my nails, for one, grow so fast I need to get them trimmed at the shop every other week).

So anyhow, today I decided to fight back again, I still haven't seen a doctor, I'm just so sick of them and they don't help, and the lack of concern they show is very discouraging, and to feel like a repeat patient who is annoying them when I am suffering I just don't want to go back (I know you probably think I should Lori, and I would go back if I thought that it was really going to change something or help me. (It sucks too, because I have excellent insurance)

I feel that if I have BV/TRICH/YEAST, one or all of these, which are so similar, and hard to differentiate, or one causes the other (treat BV and acquire a yeast infection) then I will never get rid of any of it if I treat one but not the other. Somy mindframe is I want to take a chance and try to treat for all of this.

Here is what I did today:

I remember maybe in 2004 someone discussed how they used a probiotic called Primadophilus Reuteri, I went to www.vitacost.com and ordered 2 bottles of those at $5.39 a piece and $4.99 shipping. Total was $15.77 (30 pills each, I will take one a day, and I will have a 2 month supply)

Then I remembered the FemD, I have previously purchased these, but let them sit in the fridge too long (I thought) so I went to vitadigest.com and ordered 1 at $17.98 (don't know if it will have an ice pack or not, 30 pills) I also ordered the FloraMore Advanced that was mentioned here, 120 pills $23.99. The shipping and handling for both items was $6.99. Total was $48.96

Lastly I went to medrx-one.com to order some Metronidazole 400mg (or Flagyl) 30 pills for $26.24, BONUS: FREE SHIPPING!

I was really going to get the Estroil that Piano Girl and Neverending raved about, for $15 at drhelen.com, but I got really freaked out because it said that side effects included potentially causing breast and or cervical cancer. I do think my hormones could possibly be a problem though and I really want to get them checked. (Neverending, any new views on Estroil?)

Just a side note. I also feel that this infection lessens my immunes system ability to fight off the common cold. As a child and all through high school, I would get sick maybe once a year. Now I get colds more often. I also am always cold. Sometimes I go way overboard and think I might have AIDS or HIV, my last test in 2004 said I didn't. I know I need to be tested again. To be honest, I'm scared. And I only had 5 partners in my whole life and 2 were long term.

I remember Jason34 or something who told us all about the B-6, I brought some from Target for about $5 or $6 I will take those also. I brought a case of Disani water as I know that I will have to really drink a lot of water to help flush, balance, and process all of this. I also have boric and empty pill capsules should I need it for the yeast thats in there or will be in there...I also have my One A Day Womens, "Energy" multi-vitamins that I am supposed to be taking everyday. I may get some Omega 3 w/ fatty acids vitamins as that is supposed to help with stress and some other reason it was supposed to be beneficial...but for now, I'm holding off, all this other crap is enough.

I have really cut down on sweets which I love to death. So I hope that has been worth it, I haven't really be "craving" them though, so I don't or wont buy it. I have only been eating it at boring work, but I'm going to try to cut down some more.

I know it might seem like a lot and drastic, but I'm over being depressed and just want to fight back with a vengeance. But I'm going to try to be really consistent and positive with taking the vitamins and Metronidazole, and also the water, which I think is just as important as the Metronidazole.

I have not had sex since Nov. 2007. My stats, if anyone thinks these things are relevant: I am 24 years old, Black. Non smoker (never smoked before), very light coffee drinker. I have had this problem or "similar" since I was 18 years old- BEFORE I became sexually active. The longest period I didn't have any symptoms, after having them was 6 months straight, after being sex free for over a year plus. I wasn't taking any antibiotics or vitamins either to "maintain" the symptom free status. I know for a fact that intercourse makes these symptoms come.

I will let you guys know what happened. I just blew $100 bucks, hopefully it will be worth it. I will be sure to keep you guys posted.

I really need to research the effects of taking multiple vitamins everyday, imput anyone?

One last thing,

I feel like I have a really good arsenal of things, in what ways should I incorporate or introduce them into my body? I'm going to do the Fem D and Metronidazole together, but as far as all the other ones I want to take, esp. the B-6, Floramore and Reuteri, (the One a Day too, because everyone should take a multivitamin every day, regardless of age, even kids) (I know I have to take all of this with a meal or after I eat, but I know I should take things in time intervals so one wont X out the other) I used to take all my vitamins at once, as not to forget, but have since read some where that that is not an effective way to do it. Vitamins also make me very nauseous and sometimes cause me to gag, I wonder why.

I am SO SICK OF THIS, I HATE IT. Plus I really, really miss sex, and this is the only reason why I'm not having any. I wish all of us luck and thanks for letting me vent. My life is going so good this year. This is the one area that depresses or stresses me. Work life, social life, family life, etc. is going how I want it to. My health is kicking my ass. Well, we CAN'T have it all, or CAN we???

Ps. I am so thankful that I found this site and am not alone. I get so mad at all the money that word of mouth gets us to spend on all the vitamins though. I also have been reading on this website today: http://forums.wrongdiagnosis.com/showthrea...8341&page=4 It reminded me about the Reuteri.

+Quote Post
konphusion26
post Jun 24 2008, 01:47 AM
Post #1466

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(neverending @ Jun 24 2008, 03:58 AM) *
Well ladies, I don't know what is going on because I have not been under any stress at all and I've felt happy and overall great, but today there was this faint odor with green discharge kinda frothy and bubbly. Now, my husband and I had "raw" sex right before my period started. The days I take the Nuvaring out. I've gained 7 lbs since then and my feet are starting to swell.My stomach has also started to pudge a little. My aunt said it was possible to get pregnant between those days. Does anyone know if this is true? I know when someone is pregnant they have discharge but what color is it? Usually white right? I've heard it being called as leukrrhea (sp?). Sheesh, I really don't need pregnancy right now or std. I've only had sex with my hubby but my hubby loves the ladies BIG TIME. It sucks! It's going to take me a while to get to the doctor to get tested. I've never had green discharge before. I thought maybe it was the nuvaring because it is a foreign object so I took it out. This is sooooo gross. It's been a year or so since I've had these problems. I do suspect my husband was cheating but I have no way of proving it other than him smelling like perfume. yeap, men right?! I just hope I don't have an std. I remember letting him cum in. Anyway, where are my ladies. Jewels where are you honey? I hope all is good with you. peace ladies!

I'm on nuvaring too, and the only problem I've had from it is yeast. That green discharge sounds like an STD babe. You seriously don't need to let that continue - please go the free clinic or something if you can't afford a regular doc. Waiting could cause more harm if it is an STD. I do hope your husband hasnt been unfaithful and gave you something. Wow, that doesn't sound good at all. It would really suck to be pregnant and have an std. PLEASE GO GET CHECKED immediately.

--------------------
Faith is hoping for and believing in things you cannot see!

+Quote Post
neverending
post Jun 24 2008, 01:41 AM
Post #1467

Hardcore BUSTie

Well ladies, I don't know what is going on because I have not been under any stress at all and I've felt happy and overall great, but today there was this faint odor with green discharge kinda frothy and bubbly. Now, my husband and I had "raw" sex right before my period started. The days I take the Nuvaring out. I've gained 7 lbs since then and my feet are starting to swell.My stomach has also started to pudge a little. My aunt said it was possible to get pregnant between those days. Does anyone know if this is true? I know when someone is pregnant they have discharge but what color is it? Usually white right? I've heard it being called as leukrrhea (sp?). Sheesh, I really don't need pregnancy right now or std. I've only had sex with my hubby but my hubby loves the ladies BIG TIME. It sucks! It's going to take me a while to get to the doctor to get tested. I've never had green discharge before. I thought maybe it was the nuvaring because it is a foreign object so I took it out. This is sooooo gross. It's been a year or so since I've had these problems. I do suspect my husband was cheating but I have no way of proving it other than him smelling like perfume. yeap, men right?! I just hope I don't have an std. I remember letting him cum in. Anyway, where are my ladies. Jewels where are you honey? I hope all is good with you. peace ladies!

+Quote Post
lori
post Jun 23 2008, 11:42 AM
Post #1468

Hardcore BUSTie

Hi Princessj,

I'm thinking maybe the antibiotic (Clindesse) might have given you a yeast infection? That happens sometimes.

It's also possible that you're having a reaction to the drug. Clindesse is not popular in this group, and some ladies are very against it. I don't remember the exact reasons, but clindamycin (the medicine in Clindesse) can apparently cause more side effects, and someone found research that shows that it causes other types of infections (e.g., e.coli, mycoplasma, etc.)

Not to scare you - most likely, it's yeast or something.

And yes, using the expired Vagisil probably wasn't a good move. But don't beat yourself up about it. In my opinion, don't use any Vagisil or other types of OTC products in the future. They never fix anything, but just mask symptoms. If something is wrong, you really want to get it checked by a doctor and fix it.

So my suggestion is - yes, it sucks to pay another co-pay, and have another set of latexed fingers up your vaj again. But I'd make another trip to the doctor. Make sure they don't just brush you aside because they treated you recently. Don't be rude, but be firm - let them know that you're very uncomfortable and very worried.

Good luck! I'm sure you'll be okay. Just be proactive, instead of sitting around worrying about it.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Princessj
post Jun 22 2008, 04:01 AM
Post #1469

Hey ladies! i been up all night so i figured i'd finally create an account. I've been reading the thread and its been really helpful, its good to have the support of other women in the same boat! Anyways, lets get down to business i'll tell you my story (because i haven't found any similar occurences among anyone in the blog world so far)...

About the last week of May i had sex with my boyfriend twice (different days) and it was INTENSE biggrin.gif . Anyways, I felt like that good "itchy" feeling right before you have an orgasm... for the next couple of days, but its like it NEVER went away.
I wanna say about first week of June, i continued to have this crazy itch. I had some mild itching and pain on the vula but it wasn't mostly on the outside of the vagina, it was on the inside....up in there almost like someone was tickling me, or a pinching sensation that wouldn't go away...it was driving me insane. I figured i had gotten a yeast infection, but i didnt show any signs of cottage cheese like discharge or any type of gross discharge at all, so i figured ok i'm just itchy, i'll use some Vagisil and call it a day. So i know i had some in my bathroom and i grabbed it, applied and was out the door. It wasn't that bad for a while, i just hated the mess and the new routine i had to go through everytime i went to the bathroom.

Before i did anything else i called my Ob/gyn office and tried to make a same day appointment, which was not possible. I spoke to the triage nurse and i told her what was going on, and she suggested i had a yeast infection and just to buy a Monistat 3 and if it doesnt work or gets worse to call back and make an appointment. I wasn't convinced because i've had a yeast infection before and this wasn't it so i didn't buy the Monistat.

Now this next part is completely my fault.

The itch seemed to be getting worse, (still on the vulva) and it was starting to become unbearable... i was thinking maybe i should buy something else at the pharmacy? Or maybe a new tube of vagisil, because all of the sudden i realized i wasn't sure when the last time i had to use it or how long it had been in my bathroom... i couldn't find the expiration date on it so i figured the best thing to do would be to just buy a new one. So i did, along with the Vagisil odor blocking medicated wipes. Well when i got home later on that night i showered, used all the new stuff... then i saw the expiration date on the new tube and grabbed the other one to see if it was in the same spot. Well, it was! Its actually at the end of the tube but hard to see on the ridges that seals it off and it was to be expired in 06! So now i started freaking out...because i noticed that same day i started to all of the sudden see off-white looking, not thick, but not watery discharge so i thought great...a possbile yeast infection! so i was like, DAMN. I called the next day, but after being put on hold endlessly, and being transferred to voicemails at the doctors office i gave up and just dealt with it for the next day.

So now since i see signs of a yeast infection, and i feel serious crazy nerve pinching feeling inside the vagina.... i decided to go ahead and buy the Monistat 3. I was hesitant, but at this point i was looking to anything for relief. I inserted the medication, which by the way that applicator is horrible and it hurt! it was still ITCHING AND PINCHING INSIDE!!! driving me absolutely crazy!!!! i tried to take my mind off of it and some how managed to fall asleep. I woke up the next morning feeling relief...i was like OH WOW...could this be it? finally?--- i definitely spoke to soon, the minute i rolled out of bed the feeling came back and MORE INTENSE NOW blink.gif. Now i've had it! i called the doctors office again and the nurse gave me possible openings and i took the first one i could, hopped on the highway and was doing like 85 to the doctors other office like 30 minutes away. After explaining everything that i had just went through, and enduring the pinching and itchy pain on the way there..my doctor said i had Bacterial Vaginosis. I said, Bacterial Who? lol he prescribed Clindesse, and the nurses in the office were all shaking their heads, agreeing and telling me that this is a awesome product. I left with a sigh of relief...

I used the Clindesse and followed all the instructions, almost immediately my discomfort had gone from about a 10 to a 2 rolleyes.gif I was SO HAPPY....for a few days the medicine came down and then that was it. No more itch, pinch or pain...thank god! A couple days later though i started to notice my skin down there was really dry, appearance wise and in touching. I also saw a build up in the whole exterior part of the vagina, like a clay???? or really how i can describe it is like when you shower and you rub your skin and your dead skin cells and oil come off in the form of a clay like substance? I dont know.. i figured i was ok and it would get back to normal as time went.

Well i took Clindesse on Friday June 6th, and didnt have sex again until Sun. June 15th... giving it more than the suggested 5 days before having sex again. This time it was really painful to have sex. I didnt enjoy it at all and my boyfriend could tell something was definitely different, i dont think he enjoyed it either in term leaving me feeling really bad sad.gif. I thought maybe by shaving down there like i had before would make it better for next time, because it just felt really dry and course down there. Well i did, and i went for another try on Thurs. June 19th, this time he helped out...the situation was a little more lubricated and it was alot better. I cant help but notice that i dont really feel as much as used to when we have sex...its like the nerves disappeared? or the sensation is lost? this SUCKS sad.gif and to top it off i'm still dealing with the build up, and the extreme vaginal dryness. I wonder if i should try anything in the pharmacy to rejuvinate my friend down there (i've read about rephresh?)...or should i just go back to the $40 co-pay 5minutes up on the table with my legs spread doctor??? Does anyone else have this issue? Had this issue? has this happend to anyone else after using Clindesse? Side effects of Clindesse? I've read the pamphlet that comes with it but anything else would be helpful....Sorry for the long story...just maybe someone out there could relate since i didnt find anyone to relate to or many websites with info...any advice is appreciated!!! thanks!!!!!!!!!! -- 1st time with BV unsure.gif

+Quote Post
sooo sad
post Jun 19 2008, 11:01 AM
Post #1470

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(pympmama1 @ Jun 19 2008, 07:21 AM) *
I have been bv free for a little over 4 months after 5 years of constant re occurances.... The side affect of metro gel is normal. No maintenance other than taking flora more and eating yogurt... I forgot one thing I cut out eating alot of bread... I have maybe a veggie( i eat meat) sandwich once a week and sometimes 6 croûtons on my salad. I cut down dramatically on eating breads and sugars.

pympmama1

thanks for your reply sweetie...i really appreciate it. i will start the metrogel after i'm finished with my period...hopefully i can be bv free like you. i'm really tired of this darn crap....

i've also cut on bread and sugars tremendously...for about a year now and it does help alittle and with my weight too...i lost about 13-15lbs without even trying tongue.gif ....

good luck to all of us bv challenged ladies!!!!!!!!!!!!

+Quote Post
pympmama1
post Jun 19 2008, 05:04 AM
Post #1471

BUSTie

I have been bv free for a little over 4 months after 5 years of constant re occurances.... The side affect of metro gel is normal. No maintenance other than taking flora more and eating yogurt... I forgot one thing I cut out eating alot of bread... I have maybe a veggie( i eat meat) sandwich once a week and sometimes 6 croûtons on my salad. I cut down dramatically on eating breads and sugars.

QUOTE(sooo sad @ Jun 16 2008, 01:56 PM) *
hey pympmama1!!!

i had a few questions to ask ...if you don't mind, since you're a pymp and all wink.gif (JK sweetie) LOL: tongue.gif

i tried metrogel a few weeks ago, actually just one night and i had this weird toilet paper..specks..discharge coming out. sorry for being graphic. i was so frustrated i threw it away and cried for about an hour. but then i was doing research and i came across this wesite and alot of the women that used it experienced that same thing....did you? if you did, how long does it take to go away? i'm thinking about doing it for the whole course....10 days, but it's so expensive and i don't have insurance...like $65 dollars. i've had this damn thing for a year now and it's really depressing. i cry almost every other night cause i can't even function and enjoy my life with my kids and boyfriend. i'm doing the boric acid and tto right now and it's not working that well... still itchy and discharge. i tried oral flagyl + fem d (still doing fem d) and i still had discharge after treatment. are you doing maintanence? how long have you been bv free? oh, and i bought floramore over the weekend...thanks to you! gonna add it to the rest of my collection of vitamins...lol!!!

thanks sooo much in advance...

sooo sad

+Quote Post
sassy
post Jun 18 2008, 04:42 AM
Post #1472

Hardcore BUSTie

dani: Not to be a downer, but I think Flagyl does help most of the ladies here...the problem is keeping it that way. I know when I use Flagyl, the smell is gone within a few days, but it comes back as soon as the treatment is finished. My advice is to take Lori's advice and try take the Fem-D probiotic while on the Flagyl...maybe then the infection will not return. Good luck!

+Quote Post
dani1983
post Jun 17 2008, 09:44 PM
Post #1473

BUSTie

Arr! so one month ago i went to the doc to get my follow-up pap exam (6 months after i was first diagnosed wiht hpv) and the results came negative, THANK GOD!! but...they said i did have BV. Which is what i thought i had 3 months ago but when i went to get tested they said i didn't have it (even though i had the discharge and a weird odor...not bad though, it was just weird). So when i got a letter last week telling me i had BV, i wasl ike WHAT they told me i didnt have it! so i went today and they told me to take 2 flagyls per day for a week. I took one that same morning (yesterday) and it instantly cut the discharge and the smell! like, they disappeared one hour after i took the first pill, and I'm not even kidding! is this normal?? has this happened to anyone before? i hope i dont get it back. i mean, thankfully it wasnt as bad as some ladies have gotten it here, but it is still weird how quickly my body answered to that pill......
Oh and when I asked them why three months ago when they first tested me for BV came negative (even though I had the symptoms) and now it came positive, the doctor said that before it wasn't "100% developed into BV". I don't know what on earth she meant by that.

+Quote Post
sooo sad
post Jun 16 2008, 11:39 AM
Post #1474

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(pympmama1 @ Jun 14 2008, 06:15 AM) *
Hey guys

I lurk more than I post... been a member for yrs I just wanted to let everyone know....I stared using FLORAMORE I got it at the wholefood
It is a probotic and it worked great... What I did was i went to the doctor and got metrogel....(i know it does not work by itself) and then took the floramore once in the morning and once in the evening and had activa yogurt in the middle of the day... it is back to normal now... no more nasty smell... I smelled like me again... after years of bv suffering.... if this is what I have to do to allow my stomach to have the bacteria it need it is worth it.....Oh yeah it was like 24 or 25 bucks for it at whole food it is the fridge kind so keep it in the fridge... I would not buy it online b/c it will not come refrigerated and if it iis not keep cold the bacteria will die .. Oh yeah it comes with 60 caps

Also Jewel is right i stop allow it to be in the for runner of my thoughts... My gyno say stress makes it reoccur... the funny thing is he asked me was i stressed and i could not answer the question really.... b/c we all go through a little stress so I was like I don't knw... he just laughed and gave me my meds

Thought I would share
Hi never and Sassy
Without change something sleeps inside you and seldom awakens

hey pympmama1!!!

i had a few questions to ask ...if you don't mind, since you're a pymp and all wink.gif (JK sweetie)

i tried metrogel a few weeks ago, actually just one night and i had this weird toilet paper..specks..discharge coming out. sorry for being graphic. i was so frustrated i threw it away and cried for about an hour. but then i was doing research and i came across this wesite and alot of the women that used it experienced that same thing....did you? if you did, how long does it take to go away? i'm thinking about doing it for the whole course....10 days, but it's so expensive and i don't have insurance...like $65 dollars. i've had this damn thing for a year now and it's really depressing. i cry almost every other night cause i can't even function and enjoy my life with my kids and boyfriend. i'm doing the boric acid and tto right now and it's not working that well... still itchy and discharge. i tried oral flagyl + fem d (still doing fem d) and i still had discharge after treatment. are you doing maintanence? how long have you been bv free? oh, and i bought floramore over the weekend...thanks to you! gonna add it to the rest of my collection of vitamins...lol!!!

thanks sooo much in advance...

sooo sad

+Quote Post
pympmama1
post Jun 14 2008, 03:58 AM
Post #1475

BUSTie

Hey guys

I lurk more than I post... been a member for yrs I just wanted to let everyone know....I stared using FLORAMORE I got it at the wholefood
It is a probotic and it worked great... What I did was i went to the doctor and got metrogel....(i know it does not work by itself) and then took the floramore once in the morning and once in the evening and had activa yogurt in the middle of the day... it is back to normal now... no more nasty smell... I smelled like me again... after years of bv suffering.... if this is what I have to do to allow my stomach to have the bacteria it need it is worth it.....Oh yeah it was like 24 or 25 bucks for it at whole food it is the fridge kind so keep it in the fridge... I would not buy it online b/c it will not come refrigerated and if it iis not keep cold the bacteria will die .. Oh yeah it comes with 60 caps

Also Jewel is right i stop allow it to be in the for runner of my thoughts... My gyno say stress makes it reoccur... the funny thing is he asked me was i stressed and i could not answer the question really.... b/c we all go through a little stress so I was like I don't knw... he just laughed and gave me my meds

Thought I would share
Hi never and Sassy

Without change something sleeps inside you and seldom awakens

+Quote Post
mg86
post Jun 13 2008, 08:53 PM
Post #1476

BUSTie

has anyone tried Femanol? I'm sure it is in the thread here somewhere, but for some reason I can't find it using the search feature. I came across it on Amazon - $67 for 60 capsules... yikes. But I'm willing to try anything at this point. I'll definitely be ordering some more Fem D though, to pair with whatever the doctor prescribes at my visit in a few weeks. I just want to beat this thing for good!! have a good weekend everyone.

+Quote Post
damselindistress
post Jun 12 2008, 07:24 AM
Post #1477

BUSTie

Thanks guys for all of your suggestions. This place has been very helpful. I'm out for now. If I ever find the mystical cure, I'll let ya know! wink.gif

+Quote Post
sassy
post Jun 12 2008, 04:39 AM
Post #1478

Hardcore BUSTie

I use the veg capsules since I'm vegan (and in my opinion, gelatin is GROSS) and they work fine with the boric acid. They dissolve in a day and then come back as a light clear discharge. Fem D coming in a gelatin capsule is one of the main reasons I've hesitated buying it. unsure.gif

+Quote Post
neverending
post Jun 11 2008, 08:44 PM
Post #1479

Hardcore BUSTie

VIRAL VAGINITIS CAUSED BY HPV:

HPV can cause vaginosis or vaginitis with vaginal discharge that is commonly misdiagnosed as bacterial vaginitis or vaginosis caused by candida, gardnerella, or trichomonas. HPV infection may cause vulvar pain and itching. In all cases of vaginosis or vaginitis, a Digene test should be done to look for HPV; however, if the Digene test is negative, keep in mind that this does not rule out HPV because only 1/3 of the HPV types are detected by the Digene test.
Dermatol Clin 1998 Oct;16(4):817-22:

Human papillomavirus. Subclinical and atypical manifestations.

Strand A, Rylander E Department of Medicine, Dermatology, and Venereology, University Hospital, Uppsala, Sweden.

"Subclinical HPV infections, together with latent infections, are probably the most likely outcome after exposure to HPV. Subclinical infection is associated with symptoms such as burning, fissuring, and dyspareunia (painful intercourse) in some patients. Recently, results have been presented showing a median duration of HPV infection of only 8 months, and after 24 months, only 9% of the women studied continued to be infected. This provides the possibility to reassure patients with HPV infection that it is most likely a transient infection, and one should not worry unduly."

Patients with depressed or defective immune systems and smokers are the ones who most frequently become symptomatic from HPV infections. Most others will develop immunity before clinical symptoms can occur. Once clinical symptoms such as genital warts, cervical dysplasia, vaginosis, or vaginitis develop, immune support should be used.

http://www.health-science-report.com/alote...cs3/article112/

Indole 3 Carbinol should be your best friend. Do the research for yourself and you will see. Also,try to keep your body as alkaline as possible. TrY to break the virus down as much as possible. You should also drink Aloe Vera and try Beta Mannan (sp?), the product is probably in the link I posted.

Read up on Dr. Hulda Clark, Dr. Joe Glickman,& Dr. Royal Rife

STAY AWAY FROM STRESS And don't worry 1 in 4 women have HPV and it does go away on it's own but like I said before, It's likely you'll catch another strain of it again because it's that common and with the virus being able to pass through latex, there is really nothing you can do but get every guy you date to do a HPV screen test to see what strains of Hpv he has and to be honest that does not solve anything because most people have HPV. Now, I don't know why your HPV has resulted in Vaginitis. Maybe it has to do with the strain you have. Dunno, but keep your head up! Geez, I remember all the tests I had to go through. The false positives, the meds, the HELL. YES, i know how you feel. Anyway, thanks for sharing your info with us. I now know why most doctors tested me for Herpes Simplex 1 & 2, & HIV ALL THE TIME. Viral Vaginitis! Who Knew there was such a thing?! Knowledge is power! Also again, what Jewels says is true. Not thinking about your BV or viral vaginitis should help some, and stay away from the penis in your life until things get better.

http://std.about.com/b/2007/02/27/one-in-f...ed-with-hpv.htm

Peace!

+Quote Post
damselindistress
post Jun 11 2008, 08:26 AM
Post #1480

BUSTie

QUOTE(jewelscando @ Jun 11 2008, 10:33 AM) *
I don't use Veg Capsules. I use 00 Gelatin caps which are made of Gelatin and Water. So, after about a week, sometimes little tiny pieces of the gel cap will come out, if it didn't all disolve.

Maybe do research on Veg caps, and see if they are disolvable, or if this is normal.

Also, are you being treated for Yeast? I don't really know what Cipro is used for. Therefore, if it wasn't the Veg caps coming back out, it sounds like you have a deeper issue.

Also, ladies on another note.. I've said this before. Another reason I feel my BV is gone, is because it is NO LONGER my 100% focus. As you can see, I don't post here very often, and I don't even lurk. I love you all to death, but constantly thinking about BV, I feel, brought on stress for me, which, didn't help my symptoms. I go days without even thinking about it. And I refuse to worry about it. Just a thought... I know it's easier for me, being that I have no symptoms now, but it hasn't always been like that.

Good luck ladies!!

Duh, I meant that they are gelcaps, the 00 just like you said. The health store pharmacist said they weren't to be used as suppositories though, but I did it anyway since it's working for you. I guess I was hoping this goo was from the capsule and nothing else. I was taking the Cipro, an antibiotic, b/c my culture didn't show any of the normal types of bacteria associated with BV, yet I had all the symptoms. I think I've come to the conclusion that I have viral vaginitis, from HPV, and there really isn't anything I can do other than try to control it. Thanks for your help and I'm happy you kicked some BV ass!

+Quote Post

271 Pages V  « < 72 73 74 75 76 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
6 User(s) are reading this topic (6 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: September 16, 2014 - 11:32 PM