Welcome Guest [ Log In | Register ] ]

32 Pages V  « < 30 31 32  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
>  Survivor's Space
pixiedust
post Jun 26 2006, 07:54 AM
Post #621

Tink's Red headed Step Sis

(((ananke))) What a time for the therapist to bail! I don't think we ever really get over the really tramatic things that happen in our lives...we just learn to live in spite of them.
Since Mr. Pixie and I got married, I have honestly been thinking more about what happened. It feels weird to be thinking about my former husband and former marriage...but I guess it is better than repressing it.

--------------------
~May the Fleas of one thousand camels infest the crotch of any person who messes up your day, and may their arms be too short to scratch!~
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
ananke
post Jun 26 2006, 12:01 AM
Post #622

Hardcore BUSTie

My therapist is leaving - the funding (already stretched) is ending this month.

Did i mention I'm getting married? In five days? And that I finally told Nova who raped me? i finally told a friend as well. Now I just need to tell mum what happened and I can make even more decisions.

I think that is what gets to me - no matter how far i go, the journey will never end. It scares me to think I'll be old and crotchety and still dealing with this.

+Quote Post
kittenb
post Jun 25 2006, 06:59 AM
Post #623

There is nothing ironic about Show Choir!

Well put, hummingbird.

--------------------
In times of destruction, create something.
MHK

+Quote Post
hummingbird
post Jun 24 2006, 06:49 PM
Post #624

Hardcore BUSTie

erinjane, some people will never understand unless it happens to them. i have come to accept that my healing is cyclical, and even though i feel healed from IT, IT will inevitably rear it's ugly head and I will have to comfort that wounded part of myself, calm her down, let her know that she is safe, and what happened was FUCKED, but it's over, and yes, it's ok to move on, when I am ready to do that.

+Quote Post
hummingbird
post Jun 24 2006, 02:53 PM
Post #625

Hardcore BUSTie

Lemon Balm is an herb, but take it as a tincture: 6 - 10 drops.

+Quote Post
kittenb
post Jun 23 2006, 07:01 PM
Post #626

What is Lemon Balm that you can use it as drops?

erinjane - good for you for going to therapy. One of the things I realized when I first went through training to work in rape crisis I realized that all I ever really wanted to talk about was rape and I never was able to. Now it's my 40-hours a week. In some ways it's fantastic, although it can be a little draining.

maddy - that sucks! I am glad that you were able to stop and respect where you were.

--------------------
MHK

+Quote Post
erinjane
post Jun 23 2006, 04:05 PM
Post #627

Hardcore BUSTie

(Also, I'm very sad to see the archives gone as well.)

I was talking to my best friend last night and telling her that I'll be going through counselling and she said to me, "Do you still feel like you're dealing with that?"

I was really shocked, because I would never assume that something like this would be easy to get over even before it happened to me. I don't think she meant it rudely or presumptiously but it just reminds me of why I can't talk to my friends about it, because they will never understand.

It also makes me that much more thankful for spaces like this.

--------------------
I Could Tell You Stories That Would Make Your Ears Curl

+Quote Post
erinjane
post Jun 22 2006, 08:46 PM
Post #628

Hardcore BUSTie

I went to a counsellor to deal with some issues i'm going through having to do with my alcoholic SIL, and my dying grandma, and my rape which occured almost 3 years ago. It was just a drop-in place but it felt really good to get some stuff off my chest and I ended up crying a bit and realized how much of a hard time I have crying in front of people even though I know it's a safe place.

We discussed that my issues of stress and such is probably connected to the assault and that I should get some one on one counselling so I'm going through a Sexual Assault Crisis Program and I feel really good about it.

Whew. I hate how stress just re-triggers everything.

--------------------
I Could Tell You Stories That Would Make Your Ears Curl

+Quote Post
hummingbird
post Jun 22 2006, 05:18 PM
Post #629

Hardcore BUSTie

maddy, that's a bummer!

Lemon Balm drops 6-10 drops is good for that kind of ptsd that interferes with sexuality.

+Quote Post
maddy29
post Jun 22 2006, 04:31 PM
Post #630

Hardcore BUSTie

well crap. all of a sudden last night i'm having sex with my boyfriend and i just keep seeing my damn abusers face! usually when i see it i can just firmly push it out or whatever, but it just kept coming back and eventually i felt awful and had tostop. i just hate it. ya know, i'm doingso muchbetter and everything, but then he can just ruin my night, yet again.

grrrrrrr.

+Quote Post
pixiedust
post Jun 22 2006, 11:44 AM
Post #631

uh oh...another dingo attack coming on?

--------------------
~May the Fleas of one thousand camels infest the crotch of any person who messes up your day, and may their arms be too short to scratch!~

+Quote Post
kittenb
post Jun 22 2006, 10:35 AM
Post #632

Oh my god! What happened to the archives?

--------------------
MHK

+Quote Post
nohope
post Jun 22 2006, 05:11 AM
Post #633

Hardcore BUSTie

Stopping Violence Against Women: Eve Ensler and Kimberle Crenshaw on V-Day, Women in Prisons and Breaking the Silence

read
http://www.democracynow.org/article.pl?sid=06/06/21/142227

listen
http://ia300202.us.archive.org/1/items/dn2006-0621/dn2006-0621-1_64kb.mp3

+Quote Post
kittenb
post May 24 2006, 10:31 AM
Post #634

That is great news pixiedust! All of it.

--------------------
MHK

+Quote Post
pixiedust
post May 23 2006, 12:46 PM
Post #635

Wow..time is flying. I can hardly belive we have almost been married a month!
Anyway, we just got back from our honeymoon Sunday night. I was away from minipixie for 10 days. Last night as I was putting her to bed she told me she was afraid that I had gone away forever like her Mimi who died last October! Talk about breaking your heart! I don't know how her daddy can go off time after time and not realize the impact it has on her. This is the first time that I have taken a vacation since I had her other than a few short 2-3 day business trips. But I am amazed that she was finally able to verbalize the fear instead of acting out!
It will definitely give me something to discuss with her therapist tonight.
And that is another piece of good news! I wasn't able to pay last time because we were so strapped for cash between the weding and the honeymoon. They left a message on my phone while I was gone that we had been given a grant and that there won't be anymore costs!

--------------------

+Quote Post
ananke
post Apr 28 2006, 03:21 AM
Post #636

Hardcore BUSTie

I'm going to a candle lighting ceremony next week for victims of DV. I'm a little scared. Therapy has been better but more difficult. I'm making progress but some days I just want to hide.

+Quote Post

32 Pages V  « < 30 31 32
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: July 31, 2014 - 03:32 AM