Welcome Guest [ Log In | Register ] ]

271 Pages V  « < 190 191 192 193 194 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Bacterial Vaginosis--or--embarrassing bad smell
arj75
post May 9 2007, 06:38 AM
Post #3821

Hardcore BUSTie

Has anyone who has this chronic bv ever had their blood oxygen level checked? Has anyone read about that? I know stress can do crazy shit to you body. Look up chronic hyperventilation syndrome (it's casued from stress) and see the effects it can have on the body..many symtoms. Oh, I started having aniexty attacks long before I found out that I had bv.
Has anyone ever been tested for nutrient deficiencies? My diet is now, always has been horrible..I don't even know what I can eat because everything that I have read about the body ph theory tells me that I consume WAY to many acids. Many foods that you would think would have high acidic levels do, but have reverse effects on your body. It's rather confusing. Two of my favorite foods, cantelope and califlower... info stated that people with type O blood..thier body has strange reactions to it. I ate it like it was going out of style when I was prego...I read something about throwing out bananas once they get past a certain ripeness because they are no longer healthy on your body...I ate banana splits often when preg..

I'm really sorry if I'm wearing you all out...I'm wearing myself out..but I can't f***ing stop.

Talk to you all later..I'm gonna read about how exactly the vagina maintains ph..already read about the body, and urine..does anyone already know that..do doctors even know that?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
arj75
post May 9 2007, 06:14 AM
Post #3822

Hardcore BUSTie

I guess my insomnia is back, since I have tried to go to sleep past three nights, and I havent even so much as fell asleep. I am making another doctor appointment too. I told you all that I was gonna asess my body temperature throught the day (I'm always cold) I have had a fucking low grade fever for past 3 days...99.6..I don't feel sick. I think my ear term. is right, my 7 year old was my control study (98.6)

As far as sharing my past health and personal history..it's a little embarrassing but I will telleverything that I can think of..maybe we can at least find what we all have in common from this disease...if there is anything that hasnt already been investigated or researched already..

My personality type..well, obviously, I'm a worry wart and have been my whole life. (aniexty attacks started this Januaury. Insomnia on and off my whole life.
I had an abortion when I was 17, and it was and is my biggest mistake that I have made in my life. It's even harder to think about now that I have 2 children.

My sex drive is way above normal...I learned how to get myself off at 8 years old (no shit). I have never been molested or anything like that. When I was younger 8 or so, I always had to put toilet paper in my panties..cause I had discharge and my panties would get wet all the time. I remember my mom seeing that I did that and I was too embarrassed to tell her that my shit was leaking so I just said I wanted to be like her. LOL. I don't know if it was urine or discharge..love juice whatever.

I have smoked since I was 18, quit smoking with first prego, not with second ( smoked like a frieght train) this past 2 years have been the worse in my life..divorce, unplanned prego, death of best friend. I left the father of my 10 old 2 days before I delivered.

I just this computer in January, and I'm not sure how to pull all of your quotes a so forth...

+Quote Post
Morphia
post May 9 2007, 12:58 AM
Post #3823

Hardcore BUSTie

I also found this little gem in one of the articles I already posted:

"Smoking carried a 70%-100% increased risk." for bv acquisition that is.

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m0CY..._35/ai_65538228

+Quote Post
arj75
post May 9 2007, 12:11 AM
Post #3824

Hardcore BUSTie

I meant that I read most bacteria can't survive in acidic levels of anything under 4.5. Sorry I should read what I type. All I know for sure is that I am tired of my snatch burning, and I'm for sure not putting anything under 4 inside her. Bacteria feast on sores and raw rashed skin... It is possible for vagina to be to acidic....maybe your body coul.d never make it too acidic but we can by shoving everything under the sun up there.

+Quote Post
arj75
post May 8 2007, 11:34 PM
Post #3825

Hardcore BUSTie

Thank You Morphia! That helps a lot! I'm quiting smoking tomorrow, whether it helps with this or not. I no longer want to smell like long john silvers and an ashtray. I am not gonna stick anything else up kitty for a while..hell it took 8 weeks for my stiches to heal...proly longer for the inside now that I have burnt it up. I guessing that using anything in her that is not 4.5 ph or close is only gonna continue it's reoccurance. Most bacteria can't live in ph over 4.5 anyways..but somehow the good can?? Is that what you have all read? Anything over that ph isn't really needed?

+Quote Post
Morphia
post May 8 2007, 10:12 PM
Post #3826

Hardcore BUSTie

Before and after adjustment for possible confounding factors, smoking, but not alcohol and drug use, was significantly associated with BV. Of the women with BV 52% were smokers versus 32% in the control group.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.f...p;dopt=Abstract

Conclusion: Our findings may be important for planning a preventive strategy for BV by discouraging smoking and increasing condom use and hormonal contraception among women.

http://sti.bmj.com/cgi/content/abstract/80/1/58

Douching, smoking, and the absence of vaginal lactobacillus emerged as powerful independent risk factors for acquisition of bacterial vaginosis in the first large longitudinal study of this common gynecologic disorder.

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m0CY..._35/ai_65538228

Smoking, which is associated with the acquisition of BV in the non-pregnant [9], has not been addressed in pregnancy.
The current study found smoking to be a significant risk factor for acquiring BV in pregnancy.

http://www.pubmedcentral.nih.gov/articlere...i?artid=1581474

And I'm sure there is many, many, many more. Just google "smoking and bacterial vagninosis" It's everywhere.

I also wanted to point out what they say about increasing hormonal contraception. I've read that several times as well. I'll see if I can't find some articles to post on that later.

+Quote Post
arj75
post May 8 2007, 09:47 PM
Post #3827

Hardcore BUSTie

Anyone ever tried tomato juice? kinda nasty i know but at least its natural..and well the ph is 4.2... Whats the ph of boric and hydrogen perioxide... anyone know? both tearing me up.

Thanks for the information Ilovehim and to you as well Maggie. I didn't choose the right word though..my boyfriend has been snipped, and well, I'm hoping there are no extra swimmers. I went to GNC today looking for some ph test strips didnt have any though... (i'm just really curious...I'm gonna check my blood, urine, kitty. ( i know she aint right)

I bought some vitamins too. Folic, cranberry pills, and the fem stuff..gonna go take it now. I'm gonna be on vitamins from here on out. If you take iron, your wasting your time if you take it with milk or anything with caffeine. I'm not sure about the vitamin C...I can't remember right now. I know I need it....anyone who is otherwise healthy and smokes needs it.

I quit smoking pot in January....hasn't made a difference..I didn't smoke it a lot in the past couple years either though (smoked it 8 or 9 years)...not proud but did cocaine.....maybe 3 times in past 2 years...never a habit.. I drink one night a week, have for past 4 or 5 years.

Quit smoking for 4 days, but started back.I know I really need to stop..I have asthma for goodness sake. Did you all read that the bad bacteria doesnt need oxygen to grow, but the good does?

+Quote Post
Morphia
post May 8 2007, 09:40 PM
Post #3828

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(ilovehim @ May 8 2007, 05:05 PM) *
I really don't think smoking has anything to do with it. I quit smoking after i got preg. and still had the persistent BV. I didn't start up again until about 6 months ago also because of STRESS! I'm not thinking about EVER stopping again until this shit goes away for good... on everything I WILL QUIT!..and I might also stop smoking weed if this problem resolves itself, or should I say when I resolve this problem.

Actually, smoking has a lot to do with it. Maybe not in your case. But I've read a couple of articles that say there is a higher prevalence of bv/recurrent bv in smokers as opposed to non smokers. There's also a post somewhere in this thread (WAAAAAAY back in the thread) that states exactly what chemical it is thats in cigarettes that makes women more susceptible. I think Jewels posted it somewhere....

Btw, I can raise that number from 7 to 11 smokes today. I suck.

+Quote Post
ilovehim
post May 8 2007, 03:48 PM
Post #3829

BUSTie

QUOTE(Morphia @ May 8 2007, 04:18 PM) *
This flagyl is probably not going to work if I can't quit smoking...ugh...I started up again today because I always do when I get stressed out about something. The bf and I got into again (not concerning this issue. Just other stuff.) I've had about 6 or 7 today. sad.gif Has smoking kept any meds from working for any of you?

I really don't think smoking has anything to do with it. I quit smoking after i got preg. and still had the persistent BV. I didn't start up again until about 6 months ago also because of STRESS! I'm not thinking about EVER stopping again until this shit goes away for good... on everything I WILL QUIT!..and I might also stop smoking weed if this problem resolves itself, or should I say when I resolve this problem.

--------------------
[font="Garamond"][/font][size="2"][/size]&hearts; Yours Truly...

+Quote Post
ilovehim
post May 8 2007, 03:43 PM
Post #3830

BUSTie

QUOTE(arj75 @ May 7 2007, 09:38 PM) *
OK so I am a little obsessive compulsive but this thought crossed my mind on the body ph theory thing....I wonder what our man's sperm ph is...and what it should really measure..maybe they aren't healthy? I'm gonna look later and find out what the healthy ph should be, and well, guess I'll be doing some experiments....

Well i think sperm has a pH of about 7 or greater. VERY alkaline compared to the vaginas acidic enviornment.

--------------------
[font="Garamond"][/font][size="2"][/size]&hearts; Yours Truly...

+Quote Post
Morphia
post May 8 2007, 03:01 PM
Post #3831

Hardcore BUSTie

This flagyl is probably not going to work if I can't quit smoking...ugh...I started up again today because I always do when I get stressed out about something. The bf and I got into again (not concerning this issue. Just other stuff.) I've had about 6 or 7 today. sad.gif Has smoking kept any meds from working for any of you?

+Quote Post
paige
post May 8 2007, 10:28 AM
Post #3832

BUSTie

Hello everyone i just got my flagyl today. If anyone whats to get some i got mine from www.fdamedstore.com

+Quote Post
lori
post May 8 2007, 10:26 AM
Post #3833

Hardcore BUSTie

Well, here's an interesting product:

Today pH Balance Vaginal Vitamin C Tablets

Anyone use these before?

(So expensive!)

--------------------

+Quote Post
neverending
post May 8 2007, 08:52 AM
Post #3834

Hardcore BUSTie

I can't remember who asked about the diva cup but it's wonderful! It's a hell of a lot better than tampons or pads and it is a lot healthier.
Here is the link:
www.divacup.com

Try it! You will not be disappointed

+Quote Post
mfc10
post May 8 2007, 07:59 AM
Post #3835

BUSTie

QUOTE(arj75 @ May 8 2007, 09:16 AM) *
I looked online today for information about the chemistry and nutrient composition of sperm. I didn't find much. I did read that whatever the nutrients that are in it are absorbed from our bodies so I'm putting man on vitamin regimen as well. Can't hurt nothing. I know some of use..sperm isn't a factor...I think it has somewhat of a role for me. I'm really curious what research has been done regarding bv..so I can quit wearing myself out. I'm gonna start reading some medical journals I guess... I hope I remember my medical terminology since reading doctor slang might as well be in chinese.

It isn't the sperm that one worries about regarding vaginal pH effects; it is the semen. Normal semen pH is 7.2-8.0. Prostate-related secretion is acidic, while seminal vesicle fluid is alkaline. Acidic ejaculate (pH<7.2) may be associated with blockage of seminal vesicles. Infection (in the male) is usually associated with alkaline ejaculate (pH >8.0). At any rate, the normal pH range of semen is way higher than what the vagina should be (4.5 is the accepted norm). I suggest condoms or, if not using condoms, using aci-jel or boric acid after intercourse to get the pH back down to the acidic level.

maggie

+Quote Post
arj75
post May 8 2007, 06:59 AM
Post #3836

Hardcore BUSTie

I looked online today for information about the chemistry and nutrient composition of sperm. I didn't find much. I did read that whatever the nutrients that are in it are absorbed from our bodies so I'm putting man on vitamin regimen as well. Can't hurt nothing. I know some of use..sperm isn't a factor...I think it has somewhat of a role for me. I'm really curious what research has been done regarding bv..so I can quit wearing myself out. I'm gonna start reading some medical journals I guess... I hope I remember my medical terminology since reading doctor slang might as well be in chinese.

+Quote Post
bvgirl
post May 8 2007, 05:54 AM
Post #3837

BUSTie

QUOTE(neverending @ May 7 2007, 09:42 AM) *
Morphia: Try the diva cup during your period. It works wonders!

Hello neverending..

Can you tell me about the diva cup?

I am still doing great with the yeast arrest. biggrin.gif I did not even use it during my period and still no smell but I will get back on it soon..
Thank you much

--------------------
BVGIRL

GOD BLESS YOU ALL......

I will be around......

+Quote Post
anitsirhc
post May 8 2007, 12:42 AM
Post #3838

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(sciongal @ May 8 2007, 01:06 AM) *
Hi jewels,'
is this the oral dosage or for using it vaginally?

she definitely meant orally. vaginally you would only do it two or three times total. and you would never do it more than once in a day.

+Quote Post
Morphia
post May 7 2007, 10:52 PM
Post #3839

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(sciongal @ May 8 2007, 12:06 AM) *
Hi jewels,'

I don't know for sure what she meant but I'm using it orally. I'm pretty sure she meant orally as well.

+Quote Post
sciongal
post May 7 2007, 10:49 PM
Post #3840

BUSTie

QUOTE(jewelscando @ May 7 2007, 02:34 PM) *
Not, it's right. 1 Pill twice a day, for 7 days.

Hopefully this will work for you....

Hi jewels,'

+Quote Post

271 Pages V  « < 190 191 192 193 194 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: April 24, 2014 - 10:13 PM