The Lounge Guidelines Help Search Members Calendar Blogs

Welcome Guest [ Log In | Register ] ]

962 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Okay...where's the "Okay...well, what about THIS?" thread?
culturehandy
post Feb 19 2010, 03:42 PM
Post #21

(o)(o)

Congratulations Diva!!!!!

*throws confetti*

--------------------
Hatred does not cease in this world by hating, but by not hating; this is an eternal truth. --- Buddah, The Dhammapada
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Divala
post Feb 19 2010, 01:15 PM
Post #22

Hardcore BUSTie

Hi, peeps!

I'm engaged!!!!

A couple weeks ago after I got home from caucus (political thing in MN and a couple other states), the giant and I were watching Lost in our pajamas after a dinner of leftovers, and he says to me "Would you be mad if that store ran out of the ring you want?" I was about to be all pissed off that he let it slip by when he pulled it out and said "... because I bought it." Then he got down on one knee and asked me to marry him. I was sure surprised, but not shocked, since we'd been looking at rings for the last month. Had I known that was what was waiting for me all night, I never would have gone to caucus! I kind of knew it was coming at some point soon, since he was all weird the weekend before when I asked to go visit my ring in the store and he kept saying no and smiling kind of weird.

We're going to do it late March/early April 2011 before his brother goes to Afghanistan so he can be the best man, but don't know exactly what date yet until his brother's date is confirmed next month. It's going to be kind of big (150 or so) and very non-traditional, so we're just kind of making it up as we go.

--------------------
"After all those hours of concentrated effort, I come home pure as the driven snow." -Gidget

+Quote Post
kari
post Feb 8 2010, 12:40 PM
Post #23

Hardcore BUSTie

Good morning! To whoever may be out there! Or may not be, as is more likely the case. smile.gif

Hey Ketto! Girl, I'm sick of winter too. Its making me extremely unmotivated & blah. Ugh. We haven't had any sun in days/weeks. Feeling it.

Ketto, GOOD LUCK on the job!!!! I am crossing my fingers for you!

+Quote Post
ketto
post Feb 2 2010, 10:31 AM
Post #24

Hardcore BUSTie

Okay, I'm starting to get sick of winter. It makes me soooooooo tired.

I know in the confession thread there were people talking about how dark it still is outside but we had an early dinner at 5pm last week and the sun was still out (disappearing, but out). It brightened my mood a lot. February will go by fast too. I don't get a reading week break anymore since I'm not in University, but my friend is coming home from grad school so I have lots to keep me occupied this month.

Kari, I think I've had just a bit of a cold for a while. But the last two days I've felt fabulous, but a bit tired.

I applied for that job opening at my agency. I'm really nervous about it because I could be a bit more qualified but the person who currently has the job told me I should apply again because she started with barely any ongoing counselling experience. I REALLY want to do this, now that the opportunity has presented itself to me. I would still be doing my current job, which I like, but I feel like I've sort of taken it as far as it can go. So nervous about it.

Tonight paperboy and I have a date night. We're going to see an early movie and we'll have popcorn for dinner. We're seeing Avatar, which I don't really care about because it looks like the story is meh, but it's cheap night at the theatre so whatevs.

What's everyone else up to this week?

--------------------
Meow.

+Quote Post
kari
post Feb 1 2010, 09:59 AM
Post #25

Hardcore BUSTie

Mornin'

did you get some rest over the weekend, CH?

I did, had a restful weekend. We got some decent snow (for us) on Friday. Maybe 5 inches? So everything pretty much shut down 'round here.

Back at work this week & trying to be productive. I am doing a major edit/re-write of this paper me & this guy here are working on. Hope he doesn't get pissed off, but this paper needs help. And I am ready to get it out the door.

+Quote Post
culturehandy
post Jan 28 2010, 12:56 PM
Post #26

(o)(o)

Blaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah. I am so freakin' tired today.

--------------------
Hatred does not cease in this world by hating, but by not hating; this is an eternal truth. --- Buddah, The Dhammapada

+Quote Post
kari
post Jan 28 2010, 08:44 AM
Post #27

Hardcore BUSTie

Good Morning!

Ketto, how you feeling this week? Sorry you felt sick most of the weekend. Fondue sounds like so much fun! But I can def understand the perils of that many people trying to get at one big hot pot.

How is the week going for everyone?

Mine is good. Just truckin' along. Nothing too interesting to report. Had my second meeting w/ career counselor yesterday, went well. Have another meeting in 2 weeks. We're breaking down my skills & competencies. It's helpful.

Hmm, what else.....They are predicting "snow" for us tonight/tomorrow. People here go bonkers when there are snow predictions, though we rarely get anything, or if we do, it's about an inch. It's so ridiculous how ppl react, buying out the grocery stores, closing schools, etc. Everyone is talking about the bad weather that's coming. blink.gif You northern gals would laugh your asses off.

I can't believe it's already Thursday.

+Quote Post
ketto
post Jan 25 2010, 09:24 AM
Post #28

Hardcore BUSTie

Typical week. It feels like a slow lazy monday. The weather here is blizzardly so the drive to work was slow. The wind is blowing at 63km/hour. It hurts my face. I've got my counselling training tonight. I can't believe it's the beginning of the fourth week and the end of January. Glad the winter is flying by but where the hell did the month go?

I felt sick most of the weekend but on Saturday my parents invited us over for dinner. We had fondue! The only problem is that there are now 7 of us around the table (parents, two brothers, niece, paperboy, and me) and 7 people leaning over a vat of hot oil is kind of dangerous and messy. It was fun though and my mom made a key lime pie for dessert. Yesterday I finally felt better and relaxed all morning and spent all afternoon in the kitchen making salsa, ice cream, honey roasted almonds, stir fry, and gluten free bread. It was my first attempt at making bread, period, so I'm happy with the result but it is very very dense. I think I need to practice more.

--------------------
Meow.

+Quote Post
kari
post Jan 25 2010, 08:07 AM
Post #29

Hardcore BUSTie

Wow, the geocaches sound really cool! I had no idea those existed!

Ketto, that's awesome that there is an internal position you can apply for! Do it!!! You have been working so hard.

I had a good weekend. Friday night Mr K and I went out to celebrate his pharmacy school admission. He was scheduled to work, but they didn't need him. Which was great, except that I already had plans to play ladies' poker. Saturday I hit the flea market, didn't find anything of interest. Oh, well, I did buy a purse, it's really cute. That night I had a bachelorette dinner. Yesterday I cleaned house & we went to my mom's for dinner.

What's everyone going on this week? Mine is fairly typical. I have my 2nd meeting with my career coach on Wed. yay!

+Quote Post
ketto
post Jan 23 2010, 11:25 AM
Post #30

Hardcore BUSTie

Jami, my brother and I have both been interested in geocaching for a couple of years but neither of us had a GPS. He got one for his birthday/christmas and we just go to the local geocaching chapters website and look up ones that are close to us. The one we found was just some random trinkets and in a tupperware container and then you write your name on a piece of paper but I got so ridiculously excited when I found it.

Kari, congrats for mr K!!!! A geocache is a hidden "prize" (usually a notepad to write your name and date, some small trinkets, sometimes little toys you can 'trade') that someome hides. Using their GPS they map the coordinates and put it online. Then you input the coordinates into your own GPS and go off and try and find it. It's hard because you'll know when you're in a 6-8 foot radius but they're often well hidden.

Apparently all this prof development is paying off. Two internal job postings just went out and I have a feeling one of them was aimed at me (there are only 10 core staff and two just resigned - no issues with the agency, they just happen to be leaving within 6 months of each other). The person who's job I'm considering applying for is actually the same person who previously had MY job and she's encouraged me to apply again. This would put me in a more prominent counselling position, which I'm really excited about it, but the hours aren't ideal. I think I'm going to do it though - another stepping stone towards what I think I really want to be doing and I wouldn't be taking over until September 1st.

--------------------
Meow.

+Quote Post
kari
post Jan 22 2010, 03:23 PM
Post #31

Hardcore BUSTie

Your vibes worked, CH!

MR K GOT IN!!!!!!! They just called! I am so happy & so proud of him. smile.gif

+Quote Post
culturehandy
post Jan 22 2010, 08:51 AM
Post #32

(o)(o)

~*~*~*~*~*~*vibes for Mr. K~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Things are good here, mostly. My favourite vibrator bit the dust last night. I'm a little sad, so I'll just have to go buy another!!

Not too sure what's going on this weekend.

--------------------

+Quote Post
kari
post Jan 22 2010, 08:02 AM
Post #33

Hardcore BUSTie

Good morning!!

Ketto, glad to hear crisis counseling training is going well. And congrats on becoming an accredited parenting group facilitator! It is so great that you're doing so much professional development. Very nice! Career coach - someone I know recommended the one I am working with. Ask around there, someone may know of a good one. Your sleepover with your niece sounds like so much fun! I used to looooove The Last Unicorn. What is a geocache?

Hey Jami!!! Good luck in your class! What class is it? Did you get all of your reading done? Those cookies sound delicious! Count me in for that.

Hey CH! It's raining men! smile.gif Did you get some down time last night? Hope so. That's def important. How've you been feeling lately?

hey Billy! It's been quiet in here too, I'm sad to hear that Kvetch is the same way. But, welcome!

Hey jade!

Things here are pretty good. Have had a good week. Mr K had his second pharm school interview yesterday. PLEASE send me some Bustie vibes. After the interviews, they had a luncheon for families & applicants. I went. Talked to lots of folks, shook lots of hands, and generally tried to charm. I really hope he gets in to this school. It's in our city and they have a great program. I'm anxious. huh.gif

Other than that, no real news. Been working this week. Had dinner w/ two girlfriends last night. Tonight I'm going to another friend's house for gals poker. Then tomorrow night have bachelorette dinner. The bachelorette is preggers so it should be tame.

What is everyone else doing this weekend?

+Quote Post
culturehandy
post Jan 21 2010, 01:05 PM
Post #34

(o)(o)

Squeeeeeeee It's Billy!!!! *pounces on and gives big hug*

--------------------

+Quote Post
billybonka
post Jan 21 2010, 11:55 AM
Post #35

Hardcore BUSTie

Waves to CH! It's a tough job you have answering all those texts and calls! It's nice being wanted (at least that's what I hear smile.gif)

Since Kvetch is swirling around the drain, I may just move over here. I don't post a lot, but it's nice to have someplace to do it. Kvetch is getting to be a lot like "if a tree falls in the forest...."

+Quote Post
culturehandy
post Jan 21 2010, 09:16 AM
Post #36

(o)(o)

Morning.

Kari, that sucks about jury duty.

~*~*~*soothing vibes for ketto~*~*~*~*

Yay on school Jami!!!

Hey Jade!

Boys, yes, it seems to be raining men just a little. Portions a fair bit lately, but I also want me time! So, today I'm going to be ignoring most of my texts and I will turn my phone off in the evening. Fuck that.

Tomorrow is Friday, thank goodness.

--------------------

+Quote Post
jade
post Jan 21 2010, 09:00 AM
Post #37

Hardcore BUSTie

time to rally ch dont tell us you are tired. this nice weather has lulled me into thinking winter would be short but another blast is coming. i hate wearing heavy coats. i dont like that bundled up feeling and you cant move your arms! too many clothes!!!

--------------------
Its a fine mess you've gotten us into this time Stanley(G. W.?)

+Quote Post
jami
post Jan 20 2010, 05:29 PM
Post #38

Hardcore BUSTie

whoa, Ketto, you found a geocache. I have heard of them, but you found one?? way way cool.
Kari, well, you got thru the jury duty, right? so that's one for the 'done' column at least.
hullo CH!!!!
hi Turbo!!

today was my first day at college. massive rainstorm here, and I got drenched on the way to and from class. subject is fun (so far), and chapters 1-5 are to be read for Friday's class. <sigh> off to read tonight, for sure.

my latest splurge is these little cookies... creme filled crispy wafers, covered in chocolate. I have them stashed at my desk!! haha

--------------------
You will travel through the valley of rejection.
You will reside in the land of morning mists.
And you will find your home.
Though it will not be to where you left it.

+Quote Post
ketto
post Jan 19 2010, 03:33 PM
Post #39

Hardcore BUSTie

Okay, re-post.

Jenn, the food was so awesome. Even though I got to entertain over the holidays I didn't really get a chance to cook much so I've been enjoying my opportunities to cook nice dinners for paperboy and myself. I realize more and more that cooking is such a great way for me to relax.

Hey jami, hope all is well.

CH, hope all is well for you too. Hope the boys are also good. tongue.gif

Kari, that's great that the coach is working out. In my previous post (the eaten one) i asked if you'd met with her yet. I think paperboy might benefit from something like that. How did you go about finding her?

Things have been really busy. My crisis counselling training is going well but it really leaves me burnt out by Wednesday night. This week I decided to try working at home on Monday to see if that would make the week a little easier to cope with. I think I might try it again next week. I also had a Parenting Group Facilitator Training today, which went great. I am accreditated! But for some reason I really stressed myself out about it and as soon as it was over it was like....wooosh...stress release...and then wooosh...stress headache. I told paperboy I was in an overwhelmed mood so sorry if I'm snappy today. I was supposed to go to a meeting at 5 too but I called and told a little white lie so I can have 4 hours to myself before I go to my 8:30pm soccer game. Lordy, what a week.

But my little munchkin niece slept over on Friday and we had a fabulous time. Ate popcorn, watched The Last Unicorn, had pancakes for breakfast and then paperboy and I took her skating on the river behind our place. She had such a great time, it made me really happy. They give out free hot chocolate in these little wooden shacks along the rivertrail and they had ice painting and ice carving so she had a blast. My brother came and met us so he could see her skating and then we went and found a geocache near our apartment. I find where it was hidden and I feel ridiculously proud about it. tongue.gif

--------------------
Meow.

+Quote Post
kari
post Jan 19 2010, 12:12 PM
Post #40

Hardcore BUSTie

hey!

Damn it's dead in here!! Not that I can really talk. smile.gif

I had jury duty 3 days last week, then tried to be really productive the other 2 days.

I realllly enjoyed the long weekend we just had. Relaxing & fun. Saw a lot of friends, hung @ home a fair bit. Good times.

Things this week are good. Just workin'. Had my first meeting yesterday w/ career coach. Went great, think she'll be a big help! Meeting again next week. I told her I am ready for action, so I'm ready to hit it.

Hey Jami! Good to see you!!

Hey CH! Boys, eh? Anything interesting?

Hey ketto! Sorry your post got eaten. Booooooo!

+Quote Post

962 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: September 19, 2014 - 01:35 PM