Welcome Guest [ Log In | Register ] ]

271 Pages V  « < 113 114 115 116 117 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Bacterial Vaginosis--or--embarrassing bad smell
yme30
post Jan 9 2008, 11:48 AM
Post #2281

BUSTie

Wow Sprinkles your post has a lot of personality. Funny yet very informative. I really think you and Bella are hitting on something here because I was only 14 when I first had my bout with BV and I didn't douche at all and my first sex partner was at the age of 20.

As far as my odor I would say its pretty unbearable at times. It hurts because I think I am a beautiful person inside and out and when people(mainly guys) try to get close to me I shy away because I have this on-going battle with BV. I have several friends who know of my BV but they dont judge me because they know how hard I am trying to help my situation.

Anyway if the BV comes back after finishing my metro than I am going to ask the doctor about my hormones.

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
konphusion26
post Jan 9 2008, 11:42 AM
Post #2282

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(SpRiNkLeS @ Jan 9 2008, 07:44 AM) *
DANG wow, haha that took me like FOREVER to figure out how to post
So anyway back to the symptoms of hormone imbalances. Do any of you ladies here have extremely low energy? Depressed? (that one is obvious because of our BV crisis) Sweating? Irritability? Low libido? (another one that could also be thought to be from the BV) Nervousness? Poor concentration? (I was diagnosed with A.D.D. so who knows on that one) and a big one here for a lot of you…vaginal dryness. Of course there are many more symptoms…acne or oily skin, irregular periods, bloating, weight gain, loss of hair, memory lapses, mood swings, sleep disturbances. I’ve had the irregular periods and the excess underarm sweat during my teen years (thank God it went away!) so that is why I know my hormone imbalance started way back when I was young.

Dayum girl, you just described me to a tee except for the hair loss. I experience ALL that. Especially the memory thing. I can't remember crap. I woke up in a pool of sweat in the middle of the night too. A lovely feeling at 3am. Its 30 degrees outside, and I have to turn the fan on. My poor hubby gets all stuffy from the fan, but I can't help it. I never attributed my hormone thing to my sleep disturbances though. Thats interesting. There's gotta be something that can be done about this and the BV. That makes it worse. LOL I'm sorry you're having that odor problem. My heart goes out to you on that. My odor gets pretty rough when its hot outside, but never like that. What does your doc say about it?

--------------------
Faith is hoping for and believing in things you cannot see!

+Quote Post
anitsirhc
post Jan 9 2008, 07:45 AM
Post #2283

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(SpRiNkLeS @ Jan 9 2008, 08:48 AM) *
So anyway now my goal is to get my hormones in balance. Do any of you here have any experience with that? I’ve been reading more of you here mentioning that birth control really helps keep your hormones in check but I feel I may need something even stronger since my imbalance started a while ago. I read that the key to finding a successful treatment for hormonal imbalance is a willingness to try different forms of hormones/ supplementation. Hmmph! I think all of us here can take first prize for willing to try just about anything.

Ok well if any of you have suggestions please let me know!! And thankyou all for posting. I read just about everyday or so. If this really is the cure I am very disappointed with all the MANY doctors I have gone to. Why the hell couldn’t they have come up with this? I have given them these symptoms now for the last year and half!!!!

I have a question for Jewelscando. I credit you with the Tea Tree Oil phenomenon that’s been going on in the last week or so and I wanted to know where exactly do you find the gel caps? I went to the health store earlier to try some since you said it works amazing (I’ve tried everything else so why not I figure) but because they didn’t have it in suppository form I was going to just buy the oil and some gel caps. Well the woman at the store told me DO NOT insert gel caps into the kitty because it would cause horrible internal damage. So then I thought…well oops because I’ve inserted quite a few health pills up there before. So where the hell do you find the caps that go up there? It might take a few months to get my hormones back in check once I do find whatever it is I need to be taking so in the mean time I am hoping for this Tea Tree Oil to work!!!! I just have no confidence left at all after this mess. Two damn years now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

that's what i bought to use. so we shouldn't use those to insert??? sad.gif i'm confuseddddd

+Quote Post
SpRiNkLeS
post Jan 9 2008, 06:31 AM
Post #2284

BUSTie

So anyway now my goal is to get my hormones in balance. Do any of you here have any experience with that? I’ve been reading more of you here mentioning that birth control really helps keep your hormones in check but I feel I may need something even stronger since my imbalance started a while ago. I read that the key to finding a successful treatment for hormonal imbalance is a willingness to try different forms of hormones/ supplementation. Hmmph! I think all of us here can take first prize for willing to try just about anything.

Ok well if any of you have suggestions please let me know!! And thankyou all for posting. I read just about everyday or so. If this really is the cure I am very disappointed with all the MANY doctors I have gone to. Why the hell couldn’t they have come up with this? I have given them these symptoms now for the last year and half!!!!

I have a question for Jewelscando. I credit you with the Tea Tree Oil phenomenon that’s been going on in the last week or so and I wanted to know where exactly do you find the gel caps? I went to the health store earlier to try some since you said it works amazing (I’ve tried everything else so why not I figure) but because they didn’t have it in suppository form I was going to just buy the oil and some gel caps. Well the woman at the store told me DO NOT insert gel caps into the kitty because it would cause horrible internal damage. So then I thought…well oops because I’ve inserted quite a few health pills up there before. So where the hell do you find the caps that go up there? It might take a few months to get my hormones back in check once I do find whatever it is I need to be taking so in the mean time I am hoping for this Tea Tree Oil to work!!!! I just have no confidence left at all after this mess. Two damn years now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+Quote Post
SpRiNkLeS
post Jan 9 2008, 06:27 AM
Post #2285

BUSTie

DANG wow, haha that took me like FOREVER to figure out how to post

Hi everyone! Well it's about time I introduce myself seeing as I've been reading here for about 3 months. I never felt I had much to contribute as far as helpful information goes. I have tried EVERYTHING that everyone of you here has suggested and nothing has worked. Last night though a lightbulb finally flickered on. ALL OF US HERE HAVE A HORMONE IMBALANCE. I know some of you have been saying this but I never really payed much attention until I actually decided to read up about hormone imbalances last night and I have WAY more than just a few of the symptoms. Yay! This is so exciting! This totally explains why there are girls here who first got B.V. when they were very young, including being virgins and not all of them douched. I myself first got B.V. during my pregnancy back when I was 21. I am 23 y.o. now and these last two years have been complete hell. Some days I don't even know how to live life anymore. I'm just so damn tired of smelling like SHIT! And no I am not being sarcastic because in addition to the barfy fish smell I also smell like poop. I have a little boy who is still in diapers so sadly when the whiff of poop comes up it's like 50/50 whether it's me or my son.

Ok so I’m not going into detail about my B.V. sob story because that could go on for pages and I’m sure its really the same as everyone else here. Although I do wonder if my BV odor is worse than others of you here. Can anyone else smell up a room? Haha or I should say I have the power to bring a grown man to his knees…………because he’d be puking on the floor from my fumes!! So anyway back to the symptoms of hormone imbalances. Do any of you ladies here have extremely low energy? Depressed? (that one is obvious because of our BV crisis) Sweating? Irritability? Low libido? (another one that could also be thought to be from the BV) Nervousness? Poor concentration? (I was diagnosed with A.D.D. so who knows on that one) and a big one here for a lot of you…vaginal dryness. Of course there are many more symptoms…acne or oily skin, irregular periods, bloating, weight gain, loss of hair, memory lapses, mood swings, sleep disturbances. I’ve had the irregular periods and the excess underarm sweat during my teen years (thank God it went away!) so that is why I know my hormone imbalance started way back when I was young. I think my pregnancy just threw it WAY off balance.

+Quote Post
yme30
post Jan 8 2008, 11:52 PM
Post #2286

BUSTie

QUOTE(Bella10 @ Jan 8 2008, 10:15 PM) *
Good Luck with the metro I found that interesting that your Dr prescribed it 3 times a day for 5 days. I have my metro waiting with a suppository of AVC cream that my Dr gave me to take. I am going to take 500 mg twice a day for 10 days. If that doesn't work I will request it 3 times a day. I am going skiing this weekend and want to drink so I am going to start taking the meds next wed and then go back to the Dr 1/29. Its weird I don't have an excessive discharge and practically no discharge at all, what little bit I do have it doesn't have an odor like I had in the past and my ph level I tested today with that vagisil screening kit and it is normal 4.5. My Dr took a culture 2 weeks ago and it came back showing Gardnerella bacteria so I am wondering if a culture alone is accurate since we all have some of that bacteria normally in our system. Otherwise I am asking her to check my hormone level as well. Everyday I come home from work and do internet searches for hours looking for some kind of cure that will work for me. Today I started taking Folic acid 800 mcg and Vitamin B-6 as I found a forum with 23 women indicating that this has worked for them so who knows. I've also been taking 2 capsules a day of acidopoulous pills containing 3 billion live cultures of Lactobillous. Oh FYI I read a study that says if you take 2 acidopoulous pills everyday while taking the metro and for a month after it lessens the recurrence rate so it may be worth it for you to do. Sorry I am rambling on it is just frustrating. Well good luck to you and keep me posted. When do you go to the Dr next?

Hi Bella

I am glad you mention the dosage of my metro because several months ago I was given the same prescription by a different doctor but she told me to take it once a day for seven days, she only prescribed (7) pills!!! Do you think that the BV came back because I wasn't given a strong enough dose in the first place?

Also its good that you do research I do the same thing, its how I stumbled upon this site. What acidopoulous do you usually buy? My next appointment will probably be next year for a pap test but if this BV creeps up again than back to the doctor I go.

Enjoy your trip and good luck to you as well.

+Quote Post
chantelhugo
post Jan 8 2008, 10:41 PM
Post #2287

BUSTie

Has anyone had success with Vitamin C or Garlic? Either vaginally or orally?

+Quote Post
chantelhugo
post Jan 8 2008, 10:39 PM
Post #2288

BUSTie

hey everyone,
I am just so frusterated. I do not mean to bring negativity to the board, but am just wondering if anyone has any suggestions? I just started a new relationship so I want to get this cleared up more than ever! He lives a few hours away, I do not see him that much (which is good for my BV struggle) Anyways, we had sex 2 weeks ago when we were together, and it was right after I finished a week of Flagyl so I was somewhat normal. Now I have it again the same as before, and I am going to see him this weekend. I have tried the tea tree but it gave me a huge yeast infection and uncontrollable itchiness, boric acid works a bit but still have that funk smell, I took folic acid, acidophilous, L. Reurti, and vitamin B complex for over a month and nothing changed either. Also took Estroil as well. I am 18 years old and have had this infection since I was like 15 or 16 ( I was a virgin when I got it) I was thinking maybe it has something to do with my hormones? I am not overweight or anything, I am average, but I do tend to sweat a lot. I just started Alesse birth control a week ago, and I know many woman say it plays a huge part of their BV, but I am hoping for the opposite since im hoping it will balance my hormones. I really want to find something that will work for me, and if anyone has any suggestions it would be greatly appreciated.. I am just so sick of this, however I do have faith that I will find something. It is so embarrasing in a new relationship.

+Quote Post
Bella10
post Jan 8 2008, 07:58 PM
Post #2289

BUSTie

QUOTE(yme30 @ Jan 8 2008, 08:02 PM) *
I went to the doctor today and he gave me some metro 500mg to take for five days three times a day. So once again I will have to endure that awful taste in my mouth and being sick to my stomach. sad.gif

Also my doctor suggested that I do a morning and night douche consisting of water and vinegar. Drats I forgot how much of each he told me to use.

Hi Bella, if this does not do it than I will definitely ask him to check my hormone levels.

Good Luck with the metro I found that interesting that your Dr prescribed it 3 times a day for 5 days. I have my metro waiting with a suppository of AVC cream that my Dr gave me to take. I am going to take 500 mg twice a day for 10 days. If that doesn't work I will request it 3 times a day. I am going skiing this weekend and want to drink so I am going to start taking the meds next wed and then go back to the Dr 1/29. Its weird I don't have an excessive discharge and practically no discharge at all, what little bit I do have it doesn't have an odor like I had in the past and my ph level I tested today with that vagisil screening kit and it is normal 4.5. My Dr took a culture 2 weeks ago and it came back showing Gardnerella bacteria so I am wondering if a culture alone is accurate since we all have some of that bacteria normally in our system. Otherwise I am asking her to check my hormone level as well. Everyday I come home from work and do internet searches for hours looking for some kind of cure that will work for me. Today I started taking Folic acid 800 mcg and Vitamin B-6 as I found a forum with 23 women indicating that this has worked for them so who knows. I've also been taking 2 capsules a day of acidopoulous pills containing 3 billion live cultures of Lactobillous. Oh FYI I read a study that says if you take 2 acidopoulous pills everyday while taking the metro and for a month after it lessens the recurrence rate so it may be worth it for you to do. Sorry I am rambling on it is just frustrating. Well good luck to you and keep me posted. When do you go to the Dr next?

+Quote Post
yme30
post Jan 8 2008, 06:49 PM
Post #2290

BUSTie

Hey everyone I got my second olive.

Hmm, should I be happy about that unsure.gif

+Quote Post
yme30
post Jan 8 2008, 06:45 PM
Post #2291

BUSTie

QUOTE(Bella10 @ Jan 8 2008, 07:40 PM) *
No I don't think age matters. I am 30 and am asking my gyn to check my hormone levels as well. I read that it could be an estrogen deficiency that causes BV so I would like to cover all bases. I never had BV until this past year so it makes me think there is some kind of underlying condition that me and the gyn are missing that must be causing it.

I went to the doctor today and he gave me some metro 500mg to take for five days three times a day. So once again I will have to endure that awful taste in my mouth and being sick to my stomach. sad.gif

Also my doctor suggested that I do a morning and night douche consisting of water and vinegar. Drats I forgot how much of each he told me to use.

Hi Bella, if this does not do it than I will definitely ask him to check my hormone levels.

+Quote Post
Bella10
post Jan 8 2008, 05:23 PM
Post #2292

BUSTie

QUOTE(yme30 @ Jan 7 2008, 10:33 PM) *
Hi everyone I hear good news about TTO but here is where it ends, because it was a total disaster for me. Its like menthol and funk mixed together, not a good combination at all. The constant dripping was the worst, thought I was on my period or something, Day 1.

Once again TMI I know I just cant help it I am only being honest with my experience. Bella you mentioned about having my hormone levels check does that apply if I am 28, or does age having nothing to do with it. Anyway I will surely ask my doctor to run some test I just don't want him to look at me like I am weird or something. unsure.gif

Also my doctors appointment is tomorrow so here I go once again. Wish me luck this time around. Later everyone have a goodnight

No I don't think age matters. I am 30 and am asking my gyn to check my hormone levels as well. I read that it could be an estrogen deficiency that causes BV so I would like to cover all bases. I never had BV until this past year so it makes me think there is some kind of underlying condition that me and the gyn are missing that must be causing it.

+Quote Post
anitsirhc
post Jan 8 2008, 04:24 PM
Post #2293

Hardcore BUSTie

also... are you using a specific kind of tea tree oil? i know there are different kinds... i have australian. does anyone know if it makes a difference and do you know what kind you are using?

+Quote Post
anitsirhc
post Jan 8 2008, 04:01 PM
Post #2294

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(jewelscando @ Jan 6 2008, 05:04 AM) *
The tea tree oil is a god send. I'm so mad that I didn't think of doing it like this a year ago. When we all started using this back then, we just put it on q-tips, or tampons.

My B.V. is gone. Completely. I only use the Tea tree oil now after sex. NOT THE SAME NIGHT, THE FOLLOWING EVENING!! The tea tree oil doesn't "Burn" per say, it feels more like menthol up there! If that makes any sense!! And, I don't use Boric, due to the alergic reaction.

I fill a 00 gel cap and then insert. The last time I did it, I only filled it half way, and it still worked. I'm not big on the smell, like I know some of you are, so that's only why I did half this last time. But, that was on Sunday that I did it, and haven't used one since, and no smell. No discharge. Just a normal vagina!!! CAN'T EVEN BELIEVE I'M SAYING THAT!!!

If you haven't tried it, I would definately reccomend it!!! It's working!! biggrin.gif

hey... i haven't been on here in a while. last time i was here i was talking about how my doctor thought i had trich and made me take 2g of flagyl all at once... well yeah it went away for a few days, i got a yeast infection, then i got strep throat and had to go on antibiotics for that and got another yeast infection, nowww the bv is worse than ever!! but.. i haven't tried tea tree oil yet so i'm going to try that. how many times did you have to use it to make it go away before just using it to keep it away. and is it better to use it before bed so it can stay there while you sleep??

+Quote Post
fbgirl987
post Jan 8 2008, 03:31 PM
Post #2295

BUSTie

QUOTE(konphusion26 @ Jan 8 2008, 01:05 AM) *
I started to buy the TTO the other day, but I decided against it. The boric acid is not really working anymore, maybe I'm not doing it often enough. And I'm deathly afraid of taking this flagyl I bought, cuz it made me nauseous the last time I tried to take it. I think the cause of my BV may be my weight (which causes me to sweat alot down there, makes my hormones go out of whack, and just makes me feel terrible all together) so Im working on getting that down. I'm going to buy a few bottles of TTO this week and start that when my period goes away. I'm just tired tire tired of the this smell, tired of wearing pads/liners, tired of being self conscious about it, SO TIRED of dealing with BV period! Its taking a toll on my self esteem now. I don't want to be touched at all and I feel totally disgusting cuz I'm constantly worried about if I smell or not. Ridiculous.

I hear ya hun. I am feeling the same way about my weight. I have about 20 pounds to lose on my 5'2 body- and I think its part of the problem. i was using the rephresh but i got my period and now i think the BV is back. Rephresh doesnt seem to help.
I was thinking of ordering the Flagyl online. Just never ordered a med before. so idk. blink.gif

--------------------
"Insanity is the only sane reaction to an insane society. -Thomas Szas

+Quote Post
konphusion26
post Jan 7 2008, 11:48 PM
Post #2296

Hardcore BUSTie

I started to buy the TTO the other day, but I decided against it. The boric acid is not really working anymore, maybe I'm not doing it often enough. And I'm deathly afraid of taking this flagyl I bought, cuz it made me nauseous the last time I tried to take it. I think the cause of my BV may be my weight (which causes me to sweat alot down there, makes my hormones go out of whack, and just makes me feel terrible all together) so Im working on getting that down. I'm going to buy a few bottles of TTO this week and start that when my period goes away. I'm just tired tire tired of the this smell, tired of wearing pads/liners, tired of being self conscious about it, SO TIRED of dealing with BV period! Its taking a toll on my self esteem now. I don't want to be touched at all and I feel totally disgusting cuz I'm constantly worried about if I smell or not. Ridiculous.

--------------------
Faith is hoping for and believing in things you cannot see!

+Quote Post
yme30
post Jan 7 2008, 09:25 PM
Post #2297

BUSTie

Also, when do I get my second olive, I certainly think my breast are big enough for it.
Hey, just a little late nite BV humor.

Hmm that last sentence sounds gross, but I'll post it anyway. Later

+Quote Post
yme30
post Jan 7 2008, 09:16 PM
Post #2298

BUSTie

Hi everyone I hear good news about TTO but here is where it ends, because it was a total disaster for me. Its like menthol and funk mixed together, not a good combination at all. The constant dripping was the worst, thought I was on my period or something, Day 1.

Once again TMI I know I just cant help it I am only being honest with my experience. Bella you mentioned about having my hormone levels check does that apply if I am 28, or does age having nothing to do with it. Anyway I will surely ask my doctor to run some test I just don't want him to look at me like I am weird or something. unsure.gif

Also my doctors appointment is tomorrow so here I go once again. Wish me luck this time around. Later everyone have a goodnight

+Quote Post
mfc10
post Jan 6 2008, 04:16 PM
Post #2299

BUSTie

QUOTE(quietmadness @ Jan 6 2008, 04:54 PM) *
So what I did was put a capful into my douche water. Did that for a couple of times. Then of course, the supps are self-explanatory. Only thing was with the supps: VERY OILY AND MESSY.

If you keep the tea tree oil suppositories in the refrigerator, they don't "melt" so quickly when inserted & only require a pantyliner. You can also use just 1/2 of a suppository for the same effectiveness & less liquidity.

Cheers!
Maggie C.

+Quote Post
quietmadness
post Jan 6 2008, 02:37 PM
Post #2300

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(CanCan @ Jan 5 2008, 05:08 PM) *
Oh good news. I just read your previous post, so how are you doing the tea tree oil exactly? One or two drops in capsule, and then inserting it? I'm kind of scared to try it because I am worried that the oil will burn me. But if everyone so far hasn't felt any burning from it.. I guess it is o.k. And I like the idea of alternating two days and then two days. Right now, the only thing I am doing is boric acid. Occasionally. Usually inserted after sex, in the evening right before bedtime.

Well, I kind of just muddled through with the TTO at first there, because I didn't get a quickie reply here. AND because I didn't have time to really read through all of the old posts, etc.

So what I did was put a capful into my douche water. Did that for a couple of times. Then of course, the supps are self-explanatory. Only thing was with the supps: VERY OILY AND MESSY. The only way I could actually "manage" the mess was to fold up a paper towel and place it between the labia for most of the day. You kind of get used to it. That along with a panty-liner made the day manageable.

It doesn't "burn" per se'. It just feels sort of cool-ish, like a menthol cough drop or whatever. Takes a minute to process the feeling, then it pretty much is gone.

Hope that helps,
--Quiet--

+Quote Post

271 Pages V  « < 113 114 115 116 117 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
6 User(s) are reading this topic (6 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: September 16, 2014 - 03:43 AM