271 Pages V  « < 109 110 111 112 113 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Bacterial Vaginosis--or--embarrassing bad smell
jewelscando
post Jan 20 2008, 08:05 PM
Post #2201

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(Morphia @ Jan 20 2008, 12:43 AM) *
Anyone here heard of or tried Relagard?? Its supposed to be a vaginal acidifier.

By the way, the tea tree oil worked for about the first week then the burning came back and now 3 days after being off the smell is back and the burning is back worse. DUMB!

Morphia, I'm so sorry that the tea tree oil didn't work for you, but MUST THANK YOU, for giving me the idea. Mine is gone, thanks to the Tea Tree oil. Had sex again this weekend, and still no b.v. I won't use a tea tree oil for a couple of days on this one, because I'm hurting down there from my guy being a little too rough. But, it's working incredibly for me.

Welcome all the newbies. Check out LORI'S BLOG!! Lots of great info, and you won't have to go through all the posts reading!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
yme30
post Jan 20 2008, 03:02 PM
Post #2202

BUSTie

I ran across the website for Jarrows formulas and decided to try out their Fem-dophilus, which actually was reported to work better for some women that had chronic and re-occuring bv...I read that taking the antibiotics actually killed all of the bacteria in the va..and that to have a healthy va..there needs to be good bacteria present to support your flora. I went out and bought it today at my local health food and vitamin shop...took one cap about an hour ago..so I will let you guys know how it turns out...Of course I will go to the doc if i dont get better but i was looking for a quick fix in the meantime. If anyone has tried the fem-dophilus I would really appreciate it if u could share your outcome and experience with it...Once again ladies..so glad to talk with you and I can't say thank you enough for making me feel like I'm not alone anymore...if it weren't for your posts..I don't know what I would have done and how much more hopeless I would have felt about battling this monster!

Hi Angdjones.

You sound exactly like me, at one point I totally let my recurrent BV take charge of my life. I dropped out of school and I was so embarrassed to be around anyone. Now I am just taking it one day at a time. I just came off flagyl with very little success now I have another appointment with the doc on Tuesday to see what is next. I am really considering checking out the Jarrow thing myself, I mean like tomorrow. If it can restore anything inside of me than I need to give it a try. Some women do feel a little or a lot weird about going to the doctor concerning BV so you are surely not alone. I get so nervous that my blood pressure really shoots up there when they take the reading but once the examination is over and I get my script and walk out the door I'm like "Yes its over, thanku God". So imagine if that one trip to the doctor can result in you being BV free wouldn't it be worth it? Keep us posted on the Jarrow I will be getting mine tomorrow, take care.

+Quote Post
angdjones
post Jan 19 2008, 10:32 PM
Post #2203

Hi Ladies!! I'm new here and I can't express how much relief overcame me when I found this site! Finally, I don't feel like I'm alone anymore! A little bit about myself..I'm 25 and have been in a relationship for a little over a year now. I have been tormented with my va-j-jay problems for about a year and a half and it started out with a smell during intercourse..like something was burnt on the stove. I figured it was due to my poor diet, stress, lack of excersise, and heavy alcohol consumption. I didn't have a mother or girl friends to discuss this with and was really confused about what was going on. I didn't have insurance and thought about going to the free clinics to get care but could not overcome my fear of people probing and proding my body. The issues that I had were from childhood abuse and lack of vital information that every female should know about their bodies. I actually thought that the discharge was normal and didn't know that it could be a sign of some major health problems. I became very self-concious when the smell turned from a burnt odor to a dead fish, ageless garbage, pungent, and sickening smell. I ended a relationship, became quite of a recluse, and was almost petrified and very reluctant to be around people at all. My social life went from great to nothing. I was a full-time college student and I would have to keep my distance from people in the classroom. It started to make me so self-concious that I dropped out of school and lost my job just because I could not handle being around people anymore. At the same time I found the love of my life, my best friend and soulmate. He and I developed a great relationship by being friends at first because I was hesitant to become intimate with him because of my condition. I tried douches, vitamin supplements, washing 3 or 4 times a day, etc. It was very painful and as our relationship grew he was wondering why I was still keeping my distance. After 2 months, I gave in and became intimate. If i would have slept with him before he got to like me as a person, he probably would have left because I STUNK! I am so thankful that he is so understanding..he is the one who suggested to me after awhile that I may have a yeast infection or some other type of infection. I did not really know about these things because no one had ever really informed me about the womans body. Thankfully, he knew..I know it sounds bad but a guy informed me of what goes on with our bodies and the different types of infections we can get.......after I snapped out of the horror and disgust i felt......I started to seek out remedies to cure my symptoms along with his help. I purchased the Monistat 1 day treatment ovuole..even though the package said not to use it if you had never been diagnosed with a yeast infection from a doctor, I still used it. It got rid of the discharge, which I know knew was irregular and when we had sex he said there was a slight..almost normal smell....no more dead fish!!...I felt great and after a couple of days I felt like my old, confident self again..........Until a couple of days ago..we had sex and the odor was back....I had been taking acidophilus caps 2 times a day but the smell was back!....What a confidence crusher....I started to think it was BV instead since I have more of those symptoms...I should go to the ob doc I know, I'm working on that..but I still haven't overcome all of my issues from beingsexually abused andraped..so please don't be critical about me not seeing the gyno..I was reading other posts and thinking about combining the acidophilus with the folic acid.but then I ran across the website for Jarrows formulas and decided to try out their Fem-dophilus, which actually was reported to work better for some women that had chronic and re-occuring bv...I read that taking the antibiotics actually killed all of the bacteria in the va..and that to have a healthy va..there needs to be good bacteria present to support your flora. I went out and bought it today at my local health food and vitamin shop...took one cap about an hour ago..so I will let you guys know how it turns out...Of course I will go to the doc if i dont get better but i was looking for a quick fix in the meantime. If anyone has tried the fem-dophilus I would really appreciate it if u could share your outcome and experience with it...Once again ladies..so glad to talk with you and I can't say thank you enough for making me feel like I'm not alone anymore...if it weren't for your posts..I don't know what I would have done and how much more hopeless I would have felt about battling this monster!

+Quote Post
ACPink
post Jan 19 2008, 08:09 PM
Post #2204

question-
I'm new to this site. so i don't know if this has already been discussed... but i Have BV again, i can't even count how many times I've gotten it, and a friend told me it could be from the birth contol pills i'm taking. Is that true? I'm taking tri-sprintec which is the same as ortho tri cyclen.

+Quote Post
Eralc Alegna
post Jan 19 2008, 06:44 PM
Post #2205

BUSTie

Hello Again!

Some of you may or may not remember me from almost a year ago, but I was a frequent poster with a persistent infection. I finally was cleared up with two weeks of clindamiacin (sp?) and being treated for a yeast infection that was either new or no other doctor had detected previously. I was keeping up with the new posts for a while, but stopped to try to put the whole BV thing past me.

Fast forward to about 2 months ago and It's Baaack! I've been to the doctor three times. 1st time- clindamiacin for 10 days, 3x a day. 2nd time- clindamiacin vaginally for a week. Since yesterday I have now been prescribed metronidazol orally for 2 weeks and given a 'script for metrogel to use 2x a week after that for preventative treatment. *sigh*

So I'm back here to share a bit of info that hopefully may help some of you
First of all I think I have pinpointed what causes my infections to come about. Semen. I only have had infections with 2 particular men, and the guy I saw in between I never had a problem with. My boyfriend always pulls out even though I have an IUD because we know that semen will lower the PH and possibly cause an infection. Well about 2 months ago in the heat of passion he doesn't. I reach for my Aci-jel and it's empty, and I get an infection. go figure 'eh?

Secondly, I thought finding and getting the aci-jel would be the answer to all of our prayers. I used it occasionally and successfully since curing the last case of BV. But when I was at the Doc yesterday, she looked some things up online to help find an answer to my chronic infections. Mostly nothing I hadn't already found on my own (I even had to explain to her how to use to Boric Acid!) but she did cite a study that was done showing that aci-jel apparently has had no effect on lowering PH or eradicating infections.
Take that as you may, but I'm going to keep at it. Can't hurt, might help right? Also clindamiacin supposedly isn't useful for prolonged use in chronic cases.

ANYWAY... hope this helps, sorry for the long post, a welcome as well as my condolences to all the new ladies, and USE CONDOMS OR MAKE YOUR MAN PULL OUT!

-Angela

+Quote Post
Morphia
post Jan 19 2008, 06:26 PM
Post #2206

Hardcore BUSTie

Anyone here heard of or tried Relagard?? Its supposed to be a vaginal acidifier.

By the way, the tea tree oil worked for about the first week then the burning came back and now 3 days after being off the smell is back and the burning is back worse. DUMB!

+Quote Post
konphusion26
post Jan 19 2008, 01:54 PM
Post #2207

Hardcore BUSTie

Many congrats and well wishes to Jularee and Jewelscando, and everyone else who has been having success keeping the bv beast at bay. Continued wishes of success ladies! Keep us in your prayers!

--------------------
Faith is hoping for and believing in things you cannot see!

+Quote Post
jularee
post Jan 19 2008, 01:06 PM
Post #2208

BUSTie

Hi Ladies! Just wanted to give a quick update. Things are still going really well for me since using the "yellow flagyl" from easy.md. I really haven't been doing much prevention wise just to see how long the BV actually stays away this time. A couple of weeks ago I used a boric acid capsule dipped in tea tree oil after sex just to make sure things were kept balanced. Last night I inserted a femdophilus capsule after sex so the good amoebas could flourish again. I'm so happy. No smell, nice clear discharge. I do have slight itching every now and then but I think it might be from the fabric softener we just switched to. Hope all is going well with you guys. Have a great weekend!

+Quote Post
konphusion26
post Jan 19 2008, 10:38 AM
Post #2209

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(SpRiNkLeS @ Jan 19 2008, 05:37 AM) *
Konphusion: Yay! You got a picture!!! Or did you have that all along? Just thought I’d let you know that I can’t sleep at all anymore!! It’s like my hormone imbalance is getting worse. Well at the drug store tonight (another midnight run for my little squirt) I was reading again about these tablets called ESTROVEN. I mistakenly thought they were called ESTROGEN last time. Well anyway the main thing it’s supposed to help with, besides balancing the hormones, is to help prevent NIGHT SWEATS and hot flashes. I remember you said you had a problem with that? I am so close to buying this because of the hormone balancing and although I don’t have the sweating yet at night I feel it will probably come next. The saddest thing is that it’s kinda marketed for women dealing with menopause. I’m like……….great! ok I’m 23 and I’m buying stuff for old ladies. I still feel balancing out the hormones is the answer for the girls experiencing a majority of the symptoms I had listed last week. Also Neverendings success story keeps me positive simply because her symptoms were like mine were/are to be by the end of next week.

HAHA hey sweetie! Yeah i just put that pic up yesterday and it is actually me LOL I've never thought of taking the estroven. Thats a good idea cuz I have to take so many showers from sweating so bad at night. And with my period being so irregular the way it is, that stuff just might work for me. Maybe that'll be my next experiment. Tea tree oil, estroven, and fem-dophilus. I just hate taking a bunch of dang pills. BLEHHH!! blink.gif

I just did a search on the estroven.. and they were talking about menopause and perimenopause - and unfortunately I have alot of symptoms of the perimenopause or pre-menopause; I've been tested for polycystic ovary syndrome, but they havent found any evidence to indicate PCOS. So, there's gotta be an explanation. Maybe i'm just messed up lol Who knows. Thanks for the suggestion Sprinkles!

--------------------

+Quote Post
SpRiNkLeS
post Jan 19 2008, 04:20 AM
Post #2210

BUSTie

Konphusion: Yay! You got a picture!!! Or did you have that all along? Just thought I’d let you know that I can’t sleep at all anymore!! It’s like my hormone imbalance is getting worse. Well at the drug store tonight (another midnight run for my little squirt) I was reading again about these tablets called ESTROVEN. I mistakenly thought they were called ESTROGEN last time. Well anyway the main thing it’s supposed to help with, besides balancing the hormones, is to help prevent NIGHT SWEATS and hot flashes. I remember you said you had a problem with that? I am so close to buying this because of the hormone balancing and although I don’t have the sweating yet at night I feel it will probably come next. The saddest thing is that it’s kinda marketed for women dealing with menopause. I’m like……….great! ok I’m 23 and I’m buying stuff for old ladies. I still feel balancing out the hormones is the answer for the girls experiencing a majority of the symptoms I had listed last week. Also Neverendings success story keeps me positive simply because her symptoms were like mine were/are to be by the end of next week.

+Quote Post
SpRiNkLeS
post Jan 19 2008, 04:14 AM
Post #2211

BUSTie

This has been the most awesome week EVER!!! I feel as if I have been set free from the hell I’ve been suffering through for so long. NO ODOR AT ALL. I actually feel normal again! Yeah, it’s like so weird. I’ve been busy, busy, busy just enjoying life again and it has been so great. HOWEVER my period comes next week so the chances of my BV coming back are VERY high. I have been taking acidophilus like crazy this time so hopefully this might make the difference coupled with my new BC. Oh and btw, I am a very big fan of what works for ME and what works for me is metrogel. I don’t know how many times Jewelscando has stated to everybody that what works for one person might not work for another. I guess I will have to repeat that tonight. We all have different bodies so obviously our bodies react differently to certain antibiotics or over the counter remedies. Like hmm…for example here, boric acid doesn’t do shit for me. So obviously I take what DOES work for me. If a doctor routinely prescribes a medication it is because the success rate for that particular medication is high. BUT that doesn’t mean it will work for you. Now since I am a recurrent BV sufferer the doctors really don’t know what to do with me anymore. I usually am the one offering up ideas to THEM or just simply to use them for something I need written out. OR for therapy visits.

AND I have wonderful insurance. Not much comes out of my pocket for prescriptions or doctor visits. As for the health store…………..well dang I probably help pay for their electricity! I’ve tried just about everything that has been suggested here in this thread plus some alternatives I have just tried on a whim. Although it sucks to keep dishing out money I can’t say I regret putting out money on something that could possibly end this hell for me.

+Quote Post
jewelscando
post Jan 18 2008, 08:24 PM
Post #2212

Hardcore BUSTie

Just a quick update. Tea tree oil is still working. Still no smell at all. Had sex last weekend, no smell, but inserted Tea Tree oil on Monday, just to be on the safe side, and still no smell! And no signs of BV either.

+Quote Post
CarrieBradshaw
post Jan 18 2008, 12:59 PM
Post #2213

BUSTie

QUOTE(vanityismysin @ Jan 18 2008, 12:36 PM) *
i was being overly excited. yea, i am aware one must stay on it to reap the benefits, but the fact that there are no negative side effects, the low cost, and the quickness in which it works seems to be as close to a cure as we can get. i keep hearing about this metrogel stuff, but it appears to have potential negative side effects. i am wondering why women are choosing this product over boric acid. is it popular among doctors or something?

Whenever I would go to the doctor, she would take a swab of my girly bits, get it tested, see bacteria, write me an Rx for MetroGel and send me on my way. Being naive to how serious BV could turn out, I alwaysjust filled it and used it. I think that's probably why a lot of girls use it. I think it's the most common Rx given out by doctors for BV?? I could be wrong though. I have since stopped going to that doctor anyway.

Good luck with the boric acid, for some reason, I'm just afraid to try it....I'm still having luck with FemD. Started having sex again and no problems!!! biggrin.gif

Have a great weekend!

+Quote Post
vanityismysin
post Jan 18 2008, 12:19 PM
Post #2214

QUOTE(konphusion26 @ Jan 18 2008, 07:46 AM) *
Its not really a cure, as I have found out. My girl JEWELSCANDO warned me that if I stopped using them, the symptoms will come back. And she's right. It does help with the smell and discharge though. But, its definitely not a cure. Sorta like preventative maintenance, if you will.

i was being overly excited. yea, i am aware one must stay on it to reap the benefits, but the fact that there are no negative side effects, the low cost, and the quickness in which it works seems to be as close to a cure as we can get. i keep hearing about this metrogel stuff, but it appears to have potential negative side effects. i am wondering why women are choosing this product over boric acid. is it popular among doctors or something?

+Quote Post
CarrieBradshaw
post Jan 18 2008, 08:31 AM
Post #2215

BUSTie

QUOTE(Bella10 @ Jan 17 2008, 09:19 PM) *
What website did you use to order the Fem-dophilus pills?

I bought mine from my local Whole Food/Wild Oats store. However, I heard that iherb.com sells them for half the price and uses some sort of a cold container to ship them which is important since they are supposed to be refridgerated. I think I will start buying mine from there.

Maggie -- that is SO encouraging! Thanks for your reply!

I don't really use my lube ever during intercourse, but sometimes we do use Astroglide....but I'm considering switching to SYLK now??? I wonder what the pH of Astroglide is. It was recommended to me by a Gyno.

Another question -- I've had a little bit of abnormal bleeding this month. I've been reading online (and freaking myself out) that metrogel and BV can cause other problems like Cervicitis, etc. etc. I'm scared! I did take my pill one day later this month, which sometimes causes bleeding....but I'm still a little worried. I've only been on MetroGel twice though.

Good luck ladies! smile.gif

+Quote Post
konphusion26
post Jan 18 2008, 06:29 AM
Post #2216

Hardcore BUSTie

Its not really a cure, as I have found out. My girl JEWELSCANDO warned me that if I stopped using them, the symptoms will come back. And she's right. It does help with the smell and discharge though. But, its definitely not a cure. Sorta like preventative maintenance, if you will.

--------------------

+Quote Post
vanityismysin
post Jan 18 2008, 03:18 AM
Post #2217

Just wanted to say one more thing...

i notice many of you are taking medication given to you by your doctor. However, after reading replies going back to 2006, women are ranting and raving about BORIC ACID, which seems to work really well and costs next to nothing!!!! You can either purchase a boric acid/herbal combo already in capsule form here... http://www.taoofherbs.com/products/413/Vit...p;keyword=boric

OR

you can buy boric acid and the capsules separately here...

http://www.pennherb.com/cgi-bin/herbstore.cgi
do a search for "boric acid" and "empty vcaps".

After reading how well boric acid has worked for women suffering from bv i am so excited to try it. Why waste money on doctor visit after doctor visit and anti-biotics that only end up harming your health. After reading up on boric acid all night it seems to be the cure for now.

smile.gif

+Quote Post
vanityismysin
post Jan 18 2008, 03:00 AM
Post #2218

Hi ladies, i'm new here! Yay!!! I am VERY glad to have found this forum, and i am so glad to learn of boric acid, i will buy it asap!!!!!!! smile.gif

The thing that makes me different from many of you is that i do not notice my vagina smelling any worse after sex than it normally does in my day to day activities. Sex is not a problem for me as i ALWAYS take a shower prior to sex and use a soapy wash cloth to thoroughly clean the outside and inside of my vagina and it stays smelling perfect long enough to get oral sex and fool him into thinking i smell like roses, so thankfully my boyfriend is not affected by my smell, i hide it very well. Sometimes the smell is fishy, sometimes it smells like ammonia, and sometimes it smells like something rotten. I also have itching and redness. I notice the smell is better or worse depending on the type of underwear i wear, for instance... the smell is worse when i wear thongs and better when i wear normal panties.

Anyways, nice to meet all of you and i'll let you know how the boric acid works as soon as i try it!

xxx

+Quote Post
mg86
post Jan 17 2008, 09:39 PM
Post #2219

BUSTie

Bella - I ordered mine from Amazon.com, they were from Web Vitamins..or something like that.

+Quote Post
Bella10
post Jan 17 2008, 09:15 PM
Post #2220

BUSTie

Hi I actually found a website-Vitamin express that sells them so I just ordered 2 bottles. Hopefully they will work for me.

+Quote Post

271 Pages V  « < 109 110 111 112 113 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: September 21, 2014 - 03:53 PM