The Lounge Guidelines Help Search Members Calendar Blogs

Welcome Guest [ Log In | Register ] ]

27 Pages V  « < 25 26 27  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> "Tread Softly Because You Tread Upon My Dream[Shoes]s": The Footwear Thread
bunnyb
post Apr 27 2006, 04:58 PM
Post #521

The artist now known as I don't give a shit.

OMG mornington - which two stores in London sell Fluevog? Do they have the Harlows?

--------------------
"Hey, did anyone ever think Sylvia Plath wasn't crazy, maybe she was just cold? " (Lorelai Gilmore)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mornington
post Apr 27 2006, 04:24 PM
Post #522

now running on biodiesel and sacrificial blood

oh, now I want more shoes... specifically those, luci, but in the pink and red. I can see me wearing them now and every single one of my friends and family going "oh dear god will you stop with the shoes". And now I've just found the two stores in london that sell them...

I'm going to be on bread and water for a month. bread and water.

+Quote Post
lucizoe
post Apr 27 2006, 12:39 PM
Post #523

Mr. Flibble's very cross.

Oh my god, bunny. I want them too!! I just bought this red dress at the thrift store - silk wrap-around, cap sleeves, very very very Eva Peron...those shoes would be perfect! I have such a thing for vintage and vintage-style shoes...

Mr.Luci tries to be so generous with me; I tell him how cute the shoes are and he tells me to buy them (with our joint account...which I can't contribute to...'cause I'm a student and poor and he is not...but he insists that it's OUR money and not just his and I can't wrap my head around that) but I just can't bring myself to spend that much on shoes.

I wanna though!! I need help justifying shoes to myself. Unless, maybe I don't NEED to justify shoes.

Also Fluevog. I lurve these.

+Quote Post
dusty
post Apr 27 2006, 09:50 AM
Post #524

Hardcore BUSTie

Zillah will be one kick-ass archivist!

I can't find the lip service Fluevogs on the website, Sonik...

+Quote Post
sonik
post Apr 27 2006, 04:56 AM
Post #525

Hardcore BUSTie

Yes, those with the squirly embroidery, Mornington. Wow, those are cool boots, btw!

Bunny, i saw them on the site, the ones you mean. They're lovely.

I bought comfortable soles for two pairs of shoes i've had for years now. So glad i finally came round to do that, because i now have high heeled shoes which are actually comfortable!

--------------------
"Oh, The Constitution--that pesky thing."

+Quote Post
bunnyb
post Apr 26 2006, 05:51 PM
Post #526

The artist now known as I don't give a shit.

Ah, Fluevog ... I covet these in pink and red. I'm not really a heels person (except for my very high green tweed pointy heels) but those are divine.

Sybarite, I LOVE Top Shop shoes! I have their lovely suede flats with trim in three different colours (black w/ metallic silver trim, blue w/ darker blue trim, red w/ red sequins) as they're so cute and comfy! Gotta love student discount.

--------------------
"Hey, did anyone ever think Sylvia Plath wasn't crazy, maybe she was just cold? " (Lorelai Gilmore)

+Quote Post
mornington
post Apr 26 2006, 02:11 PM
Post #527

the ones with the squirly embroidery on them? toooooooo lovely! *covets*

now you've started me... these babies

although I'm still angry with doc martens for moving thier factory from rushden (ie the uk) to china or wherever it is they went. 'cos now I can't get cheap DMs.

+Quote Post
sonik
post Apr 26 2006, 01:03 PM
Post #528

Hardcore BUSTie

Those shoes are fab, Mornington!!

Funny that you guys are talking about doc martens, i just bought a pair today. I wore doc martens mary janes for 8 years, and now i've worn them out completely.
The pair i bought now are very cute mary janes like shoes, but the strap is higher up the foot, across the ankle.

http://www.drmartens.com/

click on 'search footwear' then in the menu shown on 'women's' and then it's the 23rd shoe in the scroll bar below. I couldn't find a direct pic.

And i love the 'lip service' shoes by Fluevog, but there's no retailer over here that sells them....

--------------------
"Oh, The Constitution--that pesky thing."

+Quote Post
sybarite
post Apr 26 2006, 10:21 AM
Post #529

it's cards on the table time

I love those shoes mornington. I couldn't pull off the sequins with my wardrobe but I adore the mini-platform sole. Gorgeous.

My favourite pair of docs ever were in oxblood and by Red or Dead (RIP). They ruled and I wore them for years.

So I found my low-heeled, button-fasten shoes at Top Shop, in a nice darkish blue. Here's hoping they'll still be around at the weekend when I'll have money again...

+Quote Post
divalla
post Apr 26 2006, 09:03 AM
Post #530

Hardcore BUSTie

I have 7 pairs of DrM's. :-) They used to be all I would wear. I'd love a pair of the silver ones with at least 10 holes, or some with that floral pattern they had out several years ago.

Those shoes are gorgeous, Mornington. Very classy.

I never did get those ones on ebay I wanted because I mistook the day the auction ended. I'm still going to keep checking to see if they come back up, though. Either way, I don't do too well with thong styles, so they would have been good sitting shoes.

+Quote Post
mornington
post Apr 26 2006, 07:23 AM
Post #531

docMs, zillahgirl? oooooh, silver - have you got a picture?

I have been known to be a Doc whore (I think living near the factory outlet used to help) - although I've stopped buying them now. I figure six pairs are enough. (I think six. there may be more lurking in a box somewhere)

I still love my painted ones with the eyes on them. They're like a treasured friend, even if I don't wear them too much (even after four years they still make my feet sore)

+Quote Post
zillahgirl
post Apr 26 2006, 06:33 AM
Post #532

Hardcore BUSTie

After ten straight years of lust, I now (thanks to ebay) own a pair of silver 8-hole Docs. Huzzah!!

+Quote Post
auntagonist
post Apr 26 2006, 05:48 AM
Post #533

BUSTie

mornington--i <3 those red shoes. bea-uuuu-ti-fulllll!

+Quote Post
lysistrata
post Apr 25 2006, 04:16 PM
Post #534

whisky and soda, do it, do it

mornington, I will have to take some pictures of my KG beebees for you that I bought in the sales at John Lewis last summer. Luuuuuuurve.

(and those are some hot mamacita shoes, girl!)

--------------------
Noon comes and turns this campus upside down
I watch the students in this college town
You would think they're carefree, I have seen their trials
Frowning into Shakespeare and practicing their smiles

+Quote Post
mornington
post Apr 25 2006, 03:22 PM
Post #535

I'm with you on the fear of buying shoes over the internet luci - my feet aren't especially odd-shaped, but they're between sizes.

ok, I want http://www.kurtgeiger.com/invt/78546&bklist=icat,4,shop,womenmain,wasseen these babies in red. I have a leetle bit of a thing for Kurt Geiger/Carvella shoes; I think it's because my favourite favourite red heels were from there. Once I get my feet used to them again, they're my comfiest shoes - and if I didn't walk so much, I'd be in heels every day of the year.

I think I'm going to love this thread

+Quote Post
lucizoe
post Apr 25 2006, 01:49 PM
Post #536

Mr. Flibble's very cross.

I'm too poor for my shoe-lust. Plus, you know, my enormous high-arched hobbit feet don't take well to cute shoes. Which blows innumerable goats, since my fashion sense - like my spidey sense - is keen and tingling.

I was shopping for new sneakers today. I've been living in birkenstocks for weeks now and I can't take it anymore. Too much walking. However, as usual, the little purple saucony sneakers I wanted do not exist in my size. Or the equivalent man-size. In fact, I couldn't get one.damn.pair in a men's 9. Is that weird or what? Does this store merely service the hipster nymphs and pixies of NYU? Like I'm not feeling out of place enough, apparently I need to find the big fat foot store. I just need to find the bag to put over my head...*rummages in boxes*

*sigh* Okay, rant over.

I love browsing zappos.com...I'm so loathe to buy anything, though. My experience has been that nothing ever fits my feet comfortably. I don't think I've ever owned a consistently cozy pair of shoes in my life. So, while, yes, those heels are a 10.5 wide and awful cute, they probably still won't fit.

Blah - I'm sorry this is so negative! I'm a bit depressed! Yay shoes! If you have small feet and can wear the cute ones, wear them and be fierce!!!

+Quote Post

27 Pages V  « < 25 26 27
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: October 24, 2014 - 10:59 AM