19 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 8 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The New Lounge -- Problems, Suggestions & Stuff
pollystyrene
post Jun 28 2008, 12:01 PM
Post #101

Too many mutha uckas, Uckin' with my shi-

QUOTE(retro kitten @ May 18 2008, 08:42 AM) *
how do I get the posts in each thread to display from oldest to newest? at the moment it's a bit confusing reading from newest to oldest.

thanks. smile.gif

QUOTE(pollystyrene @ May 18 2008, 10:05 AM) *
You don't. The mob has spoken, and that's what we chose. Sorry.

--------------------
You went to school where you were taught to fear and to obey, be cheerful, fit in, or someone might think you're weird.
Life can be perfect. People can be trusted. Someday, I will fall in love; a nice quiet home of my very own.
Free from all the pain. Happy and having fun all the time.
It never happened, did it?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Kpasa
post Jun 28 2008, 11:53 AM
Post #102

BUSTie

I haven't had enough time to honestly investigate my question, so forgive me, but:

Is there any way to view the forums and the threads by the first post in the thread descending down the page and starting with the next chronological post at the top of the next page?

I'm reading the huge long threads and its pretty taxing keeping up with which forum view is which when I want to read all the responses from all the posters in the thread.

+Quote Post
LoungeLady
post Jun 24 2008, 02:47 PM
Post #103

Hardcore BUSTie

I scoured the admin cp, and I don't see any way to disable the features anyway. wacko.gif

~ LL Lysa

--------------------
So mod!

+Quote Post
girltrouble
post Jun 24 2008, 01:15 PM
Post #104

new highs in personal lows daily!

meh. i like having the profiles. to me it's kind of sweet. when we first got them i'd post goofy little comments on people's pages, then months later i'd get a pm thank you. i use the friend function to send pms to people who haven't posted in a while. i think it has value, but then, i hate myspace, and haven't looked at my page for atleast a year. i don't work in an office so, i don't have hours of time to waste surfing the net...
if you don't use it, it's unobtrusive, if you do it's kinda nice.

--------------------

"what a swell farewell party! we said goodbye to everything, including the lining in my stomach." - garvey, from the film, born bad

"That's one career all females have in common, whether we like it or not: being a woman. Sooner or later, we've got to work at it, no matter how many other careers we've had or wanted." --margo channing, all about eve

+Quote Post
LoungeLady
post Jun 24 2008, 07:59 AM
Post #105

Hardcore BUSTie

As soon as I figure out whether I can delete those features (it would be really dumb if I can't--looking into it but the admin cp is just really non-user-friendly and confusing), I'll talk to the powers that be and see if I can run a poll about getting rid of them.

On a similar note, I'll see if it's possible to set a post-per-time limit and then possibly do a poll for that too. Though I'm not sure how much that would help. If you're posting that obscenely large a number of posts, you've got to be using a bot. That's just too insane.

QUOTE(pherber @ Jun 24 2008, 03:10 AM) *
Hey thanks LL!
And get well wishes from me, too! smile.gif
I could hardly post anything in the last days, because of the "service unavailable" message, no surprise when steve floods the board with 300+ posts.

And just wondering, how is it technically even possible to post 25 times in one minute??

I agree with polly on the comment/friend thing, but then again, I don't have any friends anyways, so maybe a poll is really a good idea, people with friends'n comments might not want to get rid of it.

Btw, I'm not frustrated with having no friends, I never bothered with that, because like polly said, most of us have a myspace, and the one really good thing about myspace are the advanced spam/privacy settings.

--------------------
So mod!

+Quote Post
pherber
post Jun 24 2008, 12:53 AM
Post #106

Hardcore BUSTie

Hey thanks LL!
And get well wishes from me, too! smile.gif

I could hardly post anything in the last days, because of the "service unavailable" message, no surprise when steve floods the board with 300+ posts.

And just wondering, how is it technically even possible to post 25 times in one minute??

I agree with polly on the comment/friend thing, but then again, I don't have any friends anyways, so maybe a poll is really a good idea, people with friends'n comments might not want to get rid of it.

Btw, I'm not frustrated with having no friends, I never bothered with that, because like polly said, most of us have a myspace, and the one really good thing about myspace are the advanced spam/privacy settings.

+Quote Post
girltrouble
post Jun 23 2008, 08:33 PM
Post #107

unless you select email notification, you'll never know about the requests unless you go to that page. i didn't notice that steve tried to post stuff in my profile, till months after he did. but because i had it set for approval, none of them ever appeared.

it's as good as it being disabled, since you have to go specifically to the approval page to see it. it's completely intrusive.

can i ask a question? is there more than one intern acting as the LL?

--------------------

"what a swell farewell party! we said goodbye to everything, including the lining in my stomach." - garvey, from the film, born bad

"That's one career all females have in common, whether we like it or not: being a woman. Sooner or later, we've got to work at it, no matter how many other careers we've had or wanted." --margo channing, all about eve

+Quote Post
pollystyrene
post Jun 23 2008, 08:00 PM
Post #108

Right, LL- I should have clarified- even with the "must approve" setting on comments and friends list, the troll (or anyone) can still add the comments; I think they just can't be seen by anyone but you until you approve them. You still have to go through, not only delete every comment, but delete every approval request for a comment and friend from your inbox. It's a big PITA.

Personally, I would prefer to completely eliminate the features- I think they're useless on Bust. I think anyone who's looking for that sort of thing has a MySpace account.

--------------------
You went to school where you were taught to fear and to obey, be cheerful, fit in, or someone might think you're weird.
Life can be perfect. People can be trusted. Someday, I will fall in love; a nice quiet home of my very own.

+Quote Post
LoungeLady
post Jun 23 2008, 04:35 PM
Post #109

Hardcore BUSTie

What I gather from pollystyrene's PM is that she means is there any way to disable that option completely so that you do not get ten-billionty messages asking you to approve a troll's comment or friend request.

Though GT's message is helpful too. I just noticed that the troll put a bunch of comments on the LL profile. Ugh.

ETA: Thank you for all the well wishes. ^^

--------------------
So mod!

+Quote Post
girltrouble
post Jun 23 2008, 04:08 PM
Post #110

to require friend/comment approval:
underneath the ladies in the upper left corner, you'll see your name underlined. click it.
on the next page you'll see your name.
under that you'll see a bunch of tabs. topics, posts, etc. at the end is settings. click it.

you can change most settings from here.

scroll down to moderation options. the links in that area are what you are looking for.

change both of them to 'enabled- add only when i aprove.

then you are done!

--------------------

+Quote Post
mornington
post Jun 23 2008, 03:30 PM
Post #111

now running on biodiesel and sacrificial blood

thank you LL! you've been doing such a great job - sending get well thoughts your way and hope you feel better soon!

+Quote Post
pollystyrene
post Jun 23 2008, 02:04 PM
Post #112

I think I mentioned this in another thread (maybe the Community thread), but I asked the LL if it was possible to disable the comments and friends list feature, since apparently you can't block people from commenting/adding you to their list...she said she hasn't been able to locate that option...I know there's some Busties out there who have some experience with this software- does anyone know if this option?

Feel better, LL- thanks for helping on your sick day!

Grr...got the "Service Temporarily Unavailable" message when I tried to post this the first time!!

--------------------

+Quote Post
auralpoison
post Jun 23 2008, 12:55 PM
Post #113

Big Fat Bitch

Word. We appreciate your efforts to clean this up, LL. That fuckstick will make your gig hell sometimes.

And LL? Make sure you get your fluids/rest so you don't run yourself down. A summer sickness is teh suck.

--------------------
"You're cute, like a velvet glove cast in iron. And like a gas chamber, a real fun gal."

+Quote Post
culturehandy
post Jun 23 2008, 12:42 PM
Post #114

(o)(o)

LL thank you so much for taking the time to inform us you are actaully doing something about the problem. I can see that you've started to delete the posts.

Props to the new LL for doing something about this and not ignoring the problem.

--------------------
Hatred does not cease in this world by hating, but by not hating; this is an eternal truth. --- Buddah, The Dhammapada

+Quote Post
LoungeLady
post Jun 23 2008, 12:35 PM
Post #115

Hardcore BUSTie

FYI to all: I am in the process of dealing with the problem.

I'm actually home and sick, so apologies if I'm late to respond.

--------------------
So mod!

+Quote Post
roseviolet
post Jun 23 2008, 08:12 AM
Post #116

Pacifism kicks ass!

LL, as you may have noticed, we got a troll infestation over the weekend! There are 3 different names.
DustBuster
Filibuster
MissLips

Please make sure that you delete ALL of the posts made by this person. Just deleting them as a member isn't good enough (because that makes it impossible for us to add them onto our Ignored Users list). Looks like you've got quite a job ahead of you, but we'll appreciate you forever for doing it well!!!

+Quote Post
kittenb
post Jun 18 2008, 12:28 PM
Post #117

There is nothing ironic about Show Choir!

Thank you!

--------------------
In times of destruction, create something.
MHK

+Quote Post
LoungeLady
post Jun 18 2008, 09:54 AM
Post #118

Hardcore BUSTie

Oh...general FYI...I'm in the office Monday thru Wednesday, so that is when I'll mostly be around to answer questions/look into requests. wink.gif

ETA: Though maybe other interns/staffers might chill on the Lounge when I'm not around? *shrug*

--------------------
So mod!

+Quote Post
LoungeLady
post Jun 17 2008, 05:54 AM
Post #119

Hardcore BUSTie

Done

--------------------
So mod!

+Quote Post
kittenb
post Jun 16 2008, 08:07 PM
Post #120

There is nothing ironic about Show Choir!

I was wondering if there was some way to stick the "Survivors Space" thread so that it doesn't fall off the "F" Word page. It doesn't always get a lot of traffic but I am afraid someone will need it they won't know how to find it.
Thanks.

--------------------
In times of destruction, create something.
MHK

+Quote Post

19 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 8 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: October 24, 2014 - 02:15 PM