Welcome Guest [ Log In | Register ] ]

106 Pages V  « < 104 105 106  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Corn Cob Up My Ass: Pet Peeves 7
mornington
post May 2 2006, 04:21 PM
Post #2101

now running on biodiesel and sacrificial blood

total fucking strangers who pinch my arse in the middle of a crowd at a gig, spoiling the rest of the set I'm there to watch because I suddenly feel incredibly self-conscious and nervous and icky.

and it bloody well hurt too. for about half an hour.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
ambercherry
post May 1 2006, 07:08 PM
Post #2102

Hardcore BUSTie

phone companies who tell me my phone will be hooked up today, by 5pm. and that i have to be here for the hook up. then, when i call (using my cell) at 4:50pm to say that no one has been here yet, i'm told that it could be as late as 9pm, and that i don't necessarily have to be here. and then, when i get home near 9pm (after running errands), no phone. ggrrrrrr!!! i *hate* dealing with these companies...and i had even worse luck with the other big company in my city last year, so i'm not even thinking of trying them.

+Quote Post
bklynhermit
post Apr 27 2006, 01:14 PM
Post #2103

Hardcore BUSTie

i'm not entirely sure, vesica, but the woman didn't say "we don't do X HMO," she said, "Your HMO doesn't cover that." very specifically. the question I ASKED her was more along the lines of whether they are a listed provider for me, and she said yes, BUT my HMO doesn't cover that service. weird.

+Quote Post
vesicapisces
post Apr 27 2006, 08:03 AM
Post #2104

Hardcore BUSTie

bklynhermit, just curious, but is PP on the approved provider list for your HMO?

--------------------

+Quote Post
battygurl
post Apr 27 2006, 01:13 AM
Post #2105

Hardcore BUSTie

(((((runningwestward))))) That's horrible! I was cut off twice today by cars as I rode the streets of Vancouver. Drivers have no respect for cyclists.

--------------------
Tears are curious things, for like earthquakes or puppet shows they can occur at any time, without any warning, and without any good reason. --Lemony Snicket

+Quote Post
bklynhermit
post Apr 26 2006, 05:43 PM
Post #2106

Hardcore BUSTie

long drawn out cob: Planned Parenthood of New York. I support fully the Planned Parenthoods of other states, as well as their national apparatus. I am 100% in support of the group as a whole's causes, as well as their current plight in Bush Administration Amurrica. But the New York branch continues to prove its total asshattery.

For instance. I have relatively spotty health insurance, and a recent abnormal pap smear i need to see an actual gyno about rather than my lovely regular midwife. Seeing as I need somebody who I could conceivably go back to when/if i lose my insurance and the HPV/Cervical Abnormalities/Abnormal Pap Smears turn out to be recurring, I called up PPNYC this morning.

Only to be told, without asking for this information, that my health plan doesn't cover the diagnostics I need, and that I will be charged $250 for the procedure. Which I proceed to freak out about all day on both pragmatic and political grounds (i don't have $250 to cough up for this! also, my health plan covers infertility treatments and post-mastectomy breast reconstruction, not to mention screenings for every other kind of cancer under the sun -- but it doesn't cover CERVICAL CANCER SCREENINGS?!!!!!!!).

Only to come home from work, pull out all the HMO paperwork, and figure out that, actually, it should cover everything, considering it covers all necessary pap smear follow up labwork, and any other labwork or outpatient procedure deemed necessary by my primary women's health clinician. In the event that this escalates to a more invasive cancer treatment level, that would also be covered (if, of course, i magically was able to keep coverage).

I ended up cancelling my $$$ PPNYC appointment and calling one of the gynecologists my midwife reccommended as In-Network under my HMO. fuck you, planned parenthood. fuck you very, very much.

we now return you to your regularly scheduled concise cobs.

+Quote Post
runningwestward
post Apr 26 2006, 05:36 PM
Post #2107

Hardcore BUSTie

cob: the stupid traffic circles in vancouver
cob: stupid drivers who just blow through the above
cob: I was first into the damn thing on my bike
cob: drivers who don't pay attention to what's right in front of them
cob: drivers who procede to drive into what's right in front of them
cob: being hit by a van
cob: drivers who don't stop once they hit someone on a bike

Oh that's right I was hit by a car, pushed along, managed to stay upright and get out of the way, and they just drove away. I have the marks on my bike and bruises on my leg to show for it and I'm pretty sure they will have bits of my bike on their van too.

+Quote Post
miss_jane
post Apr 26 2006, 02:32 PM
Post #2108

BUSTie

cob: posting cobs that make me sound all pitying and look at me the ever trying activist. I didn't mean it like that. My cob was actually meant to be that suddenly all these things have come flooding into my mind due to various things and its made me want to scream. That is all.

+Quote Post
mornington
post Apr 26 2006, 01:45 PM
Post #2109

now running on biodiesel and sacrificial blood

cob: people who don't pick up thier phone or answer thier messages
cob: my hairdresser can't give me an apointment until effing june and I look like Cousin It
cob: I'm being petty, and I know it

+Quote Post
miss_jane
post Apr 26 2006, 01:34 PM
Post #2110

BUSTie

cob: Feeling very stressed out and powerless about capitalism, the destruction of the environment, the way women are still treated, and the amount of busties in debt/with financial difficulties.

I keep pushing my eyes back into my brain hoping that it will somehow dull the thoughts.

+Quote Post
doodlebug
post Apr 23 2006, 08:14 PM
Post #2111

I know it's only rock 'n' roll. But I like it.

cob: shoe shopping with size 9.5 EE feet, in a small community, where it doesn't matter HOW much money you're prepared to spend b/c there's nothing to buy anyway.

cob: having to spend $120 CAD (plus taxes) ON SALE for a simple pair of black leather slides.

cob: they were the ONLY respectable pair of shoes in the entire store that fit me (excluding the retirement-home-style lace-ups).

cob: wasn't NAFTA supposed to increase consumer choices for Canadians? Lying sacks of capitalist pig shit.

anti-cob: at least I have one respectable pair of shoes now. I'll have to find something with a closed back before winter, though. Mebbe I'll just get them cowboy boots I've been coveting for 12 years. I could totally get away with it, being from a ranching region.

cob: inheriting the exact size, shape, and structure of foot from my flat-footed, high-instepped father.

anti-cob: my father's flat feet kept him out of the Royal Canadian Army during WWII.

cob: the Royal Canadian Navy took him instead.

--------------------
Check out my band's new demo online! You can DL my original....and please fan up if ya like it!

+Quote Post

106 Pages V  « < 104 105 106
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: July 24, 2014 - 02:43 AM