The Lounge Guidelines Help Search Members Calendar Blogs

Welcome Guest [ Log In | Register ] ]

120 Pages V  « < 48 49 50 51 52 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Crimes of Fashion part Deux...this time, it's personal.
kiss_the_fiddler
post Jul 2 2007, 11:57 PM
Post #981

Hardcore BUSTie

Shiny,
You're funny.
fiddle

--------------------
Everybody loves the truck!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
shinyx3
post Jul 2 2007, 05:41 PM
Post #982

go ahead . . . push the button!

thanks! they are actually hand made in israel.

--------------------
"Razors pain you; rivers are damp; acids stain you; and drugs cause cramp. Guns aren't lawful; nooses give; gas smells awful; you might as well live."

+Quote Post
culturehandy
post Jul 2 2007, 05:36 PM
Post #983

(o)(o)

Shiny, I also like em, mind you I'm also not anti-birkenstock either.

--------------------
Hatred does not cease in this world by hating, but by not hating; this is an eternal truth. --- Buddah, The Dhammapada

+Quote Post
missladyj
post Jul 2 2007, 05:20 PM
Post #984

Hardcore BUSTie

Shiny, I like em! You will be comfy and stylin in those. While I see the similarities to birkenstocks which I hate, I have to say, I like em. ARe they from an Israeli company?

+Quote Post
freckleface7
post Jul 2 2007, 05:11 PM
Post #985

beachcomber

shiny, w/ all due ( get it- DUE (squee! tongue.gif ) respect, umm, they look awfully birkenstocky..

but that's o k , bc I am standing by my sandal crocs, which I still cannot find a picture of to show you, but they honestly look really nothing like the ugly rubber smurf clogs and have found myself purposely chosing clothes that will look right w/ them and even told the mr last night I might have to get them in brown too, and wished they came in other colors besides that. (tho in other colors as they are RUBBER I'm not sure that they wouldn't just be obnoxious.) they are sporty, almost outdoorsy kind of shoes w/ extreme comfort.

I do not believe that comfort and style have to be mutually exclusive.

--------------------
I'm gonna let it shine

+Quote Post
shinyx3
post Jul 2 2007, 04:11 PM
Post #986

since we are on the topic of shoes, i have a question. i am preggers and am afraid of being seen as one who causes the response "oh, it's ok, she can't help it, she's pregnant." i enjoy fashion very much and have a whole closet full of beautiful shoes that i can not wear as they are all heels and i have no balance and swollen feet. so i invested in THESE and they are super comfy! so herer is the question. has pregnancy destroyed any fashion sense that i once had and are these a CoF? Please be honest. (they actually come in black patent too which i thought was cute as well.)

--------------------
"Razors pain you; rivers are damp; acids stain you; and drugs cause cramp. Guns aren't lawful; nooses give; gas smells awful; you might as well live."

+Quote Post
herculesgirl
post Jul 2 2007, 03:21 PM
Post #987

Hardcore BUSTie

Crocs. Okay, I understand that they're comfy. And if one spends a lot of time on one's feet, I can understand the desire not to have hurty feet (speaking as someone who was once required to wear heels at work and be on her feet all day). Perhaps you're a nurse, or a grocery cashier, or a gofer. Maybe you're a person of girth or pregnant or arthritic and can't reach your feet to futz with laces or buckles or Velcro. Or maybe you just don't give a fuck. Your choice.

But wearing them as part of a wedding outfit? Bad dog. No cookie for you.

+Quote Post
kittenmiami
post Jul 2 2007, 10:37 AM
Post #988

crocs...*sigh* though I do admire the inventor/marketer ust for the sheer brilliant way of marketing and advertising rubbish- crocs are seriously the new tragic thing.

Place where seen: Disney World
Victim(s) spotted: A couple wearing MATCHING crocs. She was wearing a pink shirt with ...pink crocs- He was sporting an orange polo with oh yeah, you guessed it- orange crocs.

Now, as much as I have to wonder where this poor man left his balls, lets give an applause that woman who convinced her man to go out in public like this!!!

--------------------
Bianca. kittenmiami.etsy.com

'WOman's mind, once stretched by a new idea, never regains its original dimensions.' -- Oliver Wendell Holmes

+Quote Post
bustygirl
post Jun 27 2007, 03:01 PM
Post #989

Hardcore BUSTie

All within the last 2 hours: Woman, indeterminate age (somewhere between 50 and 500), frizzy grey spaceship hair, multicoloured vaguely 'tribal' caftan-like blousedress, art teacher jewelry consisting of large clashing wooden beads strung alongside african wildlife fetishes, orange orange ORANGE stirrup pants, braided metallic flats--just in case the rest of the outfit was too tasteful. Brown frosted lipstick drawn up in sour, slightly confused expression.

Woman in what would have been a cute red print wrap dress had it not been two sizes too small, too many bracelets, and brown leather pumps with scuffed up toes and heels, wobbling painfully down the sidewalk. She was well over 17, which is about the age which one should stop trying to wear shoes they can't walk confidently in. Beyond that, you really should know better, young lady.

Aging hippie, socks and sandals, balding ponyknob, hemp stink.

Now guess where I was? If you guessed Whole Foods, you are correct, sir!

+Quote Post
culturehandy
post Jun 27 2007, 06:59 AM
Post #990

(o)(o)

speaking of crocs, there was something on the news about the dangers of crocs and escalators.

--------------------
Hatred does not cease in this world by hating, but by not hating; this is an eternal truth. --- Buddah, The Dhammapada

+Quote Post
faerietails2
post Jun 27 2007, 12:42 AM
Post #991

donut-lovin' heathen

this guy came in to my workplace looking like brent spiner in a bedhead-y, unwashed andy warhol wig. he was wearing torn up old black shorts with a tie-dyed shirt. and he looked stoned, but i don't think he was. i was in serious awe.

there's an ihatecrocs.com? lol

--------------------

+Quote Post
shinyx3
post Jun 26 2007, 11:17 PM
Post #992

oh my, i am sending that to ihatecrocs.com

--------------------

+Quote Post
ginger_kitty
post Jun 26 2007, 03:57 PM
Post #993

Hardcore BUSTie

I have never actually seen a guy in crocs, I just assumed men wouldn't wear them. But I came across this, just today smile.gif :

http://www.styledash.com/2007/06/13/george...-wearing-crocs/

I am so ashamed that he is our president.

--------------------
-We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different.

-What we think, we become.

+Quote Post
AdviceVixensRawk
post Jun 26 2007, 11:04 AM
Post #994

Argh. Yesterday on my way to the store I saw this woman wearing those knee-length washed-out jean shorts, tres tight, with a tight top and black very high heels. Despite the obvious wtf moment of her look (she was going to target or sears), she also looked really self-conscious, the ultimate clue to fashion mayhem.

I, on the other hand, looked invisible in my black tank and pants.

+Quote Post
freckleface7
post Jun 26 2007, 05:32 AM
Post #995

beachcomber

I bought some crocs, but the sandal-2 skinny strap-un-smurfy kind.
they are ridiculously comfortable!!

my CoF question: men in crocs- ever?

we went to an amusement park last week and I could have taken roles & roles of film of the various & plentiful CoF's alone; the standout: an older lady in a techni-shaded bronze 70's sports (short- too short) veloury getup (zippered/baggy shirt), complete w/ hair to match, w/ a blond rooster streak that stood up in a ratted tangled mess off the top of her all over frizzed & burned head.

I can't help but think that that level of "coordination" was accidental, but then, it was SO coordinated, how could it be?

--------------------
I'm gonna let it shine

+Quote Post
sukouyant
post Jun 24 2007, 11:31 AM
Post #996

Hardcore BUSTie

There's a time to keep the socks on -- and hobbit feet may demand that, however i've been seeing oodles of sandals with nylons lately. Reinforced toe nylons (why?)
and the summer is still young.

+Quote Post
culturehandy
post Jun 21 2007, 07:49 PM
Post #997

(o)(o)

Today at te grocery store I saw a woman who was wearing a black halter top with no bra, and she not only had very large breasts, but she was a larger woman, (at no time is wearing a halter and no bra acceptable, unless you have smaller boobs) Anyways, she was also wearing these black satin like pants with white polka dots on them, and on her feet? The ubiquitos crocs. Oh all I could think of was posting it in here.

--------------------

+Quote Post
shinyx3
post Jun 16 2007, 12:08 PM
Post #998

i totally agree on the nail thing. toe nails with sandals that are not summer ready. i am having issues with this as i can no longer reach my toes (Preggy belly is in the way) and pedi's are pricy! i have one next week though. i am not over picky that nails have to be polished, just cleaned and not jugged. and no polish from three weeks ago that is chipping off. (this is where i am a totaly CoF on my non reachable toes)

--------------------

+Quote Post
ginger_kitty
post Jun 16 2007, 10:19 AM
Post #999

Hardcore BUSTie

This is more a grooming issue than a Cof, but I think it fits in this thread. I saw a cashier at the store with poorly kept nails, that just drove me nuts. Some of her nails were long, some were really short. They just grossed me out....they were unpolished, ragged, and kind of yellowish. I understand not being able to afford a professional manicure, I have never had one myself. But it's so easy to give yourself a manicure at home. I kept thinking it would take like two minutes to trim and buff those horrific things.

I think I have nail related issues though, I like mine neat and short. It freaks me out when people have crazy long acrylics, or long natural ones that curl. Or little gnarled stubs from nail biting.

--------------------
-We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different.

-What we think, we become.

+Quote Post
divaintraining
post Jun 15 2007, 08:24 AM
Post #1000

Hardcore BUSTie

Yeah, I dunno. The picture in More looks pretty cute...I think it's a nice mix of casual but businessy if that makes sense - but I'm kind of tall and I never know if capris/long shorts look right on me because I'm always worried about the portions of the way they look on me.

How would you work the city shorts look if you were going to do it?

+Quote Post

120 Pages V  « < 48 49 50 51 52 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: October 25, 2014 - 04:41 PM