The Lounge Guidelines Help Search Members Calendar Blogs

Welcome Guest [ Log In | Register ] ]

211 Pages V  « < 76 77 78 79 80 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> small breast support group - (I need it even if they don't)
spot-on
post Dec 8 2009, 05:40 PM
Post #1541

Hardcore BUSTie

Oh I would SO pay more for a custom made bra (or 10) lol! Even the band sizes can vary a lot though depending on the style, The one I have on RIGHT NOW is a 32C and fits perfectly, yet another 32 can be too tight in the band, too loose in the cup. All depends on the bra, manufacture and style. Crazy crap I tell ya, why can't they at least standardize the sizing for ALL manufacturers? That would solve some of the headache! It's bad enough our own bodies work against us being inbetween sizes, odd boobs and all different shapes we have enough troubles already without bra manufacturers adding to the mix!

I'm the one with odd boobs. I basically found this out because the 32b fits my right boob just fine but the left is spilling out with some quad boob action. The 32C fit the right boob but is 'roomy' in the cup on the right. I know they are odd sizes too because if you measure across the fleshy breast tissue (armpit to mid chest just over the jiggly tissue lol) the left one is 3/4" bigger than the right. But basically it was just trying on bra's that made me realize that the right is more petite than her sister. Just means she need more lovin' wink.gif

QUOTE(starship @ Dec 8 2009, 09:17 AM) *
glad I'm not the only one with bra size troubles. I can see how the sizes must be just a guide spot-on, because every now and then I find one that, despite being the same size as all the ones that don't fit, is perfect. Trouble is I then end up wearing them to death and getting quite sad when I have to throw them away:(. A good bra is hard to come by. Someone should create a business that makes custom-made bras; so the size, style and design would be exactly what you wanted. I wouldn't mind paying a bit extra. Or maybe if there were a couple more hooks on bra bands so you can adjust it more- that way I'd probably fit a 32a nicely without it digging in my back.
I've heard quite a lot of people (some on here) say that (for example) their left breast is a 32b and their right is a 32c...how do you work this out? is there some way to measure them separately or is it just something you find out from trying on different sized bras. just curious

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
issy
post Dec 8 2009, 01:26 PM
Post #1542

BUSTie

The following is what I consider to be an excellent metaphor from Don Miguel Ruiz, about how when we are 'starving' we let someone control us, when what we have to fill ourselves up is already ours:

Imagine that you have a magical kitchen in your home. In that magical kitchen, you can have any food you want from any place in the world in any quantity. You never worry about what to eat; whatever you wish for, you can have at your table. You are very generous with your food; you give your food unconditionally to others, not because you want something in return from them. Whoever comes to your home, you feed just for the pleasure of sharing your food, and your house is always full of people who come to eat the food from your magical kitchen.

Then one day someone knocks at your door, and it’s a person with a pizza. You open the door, and the person looks at you and says, “Hey, do you see this pizza? I’ll give you this pizza if you let me control your life, if you just do whatever I want you to do. You are never going to starve because I can bring pizza every day. You just have to be good to me.”

Can you imagine your reaction? In your kitchen you can have the same pizza — even better. Yet this person comes to you and offers you food, if you just do whatever he wants you to do. You are going to laugh and say, “No, thank you! I don’t need your food; I have plenty of food. You can come into my house and eat whatever you want, and you don’t have to do anything. Don’t believe I’m going to do whatever you want me to do. No one will manipulate me with food.”

Now imagine exactly the opposite. Several weeks have gone by, and you haven’t eaten. You are starving, and you have no money in your pocket to buy food. The person comes with the pizza and says, “Hey, there’s food here. You can have this food if you just do what I want you to do.” You can smell the food, and you are starving. You decide to accept the food and do whatever that person asks of you. You eat some food, and he says, “If you want more, you can have more, but you have to keep doing what I want you to do.”

You have food today, but tomorrow you may not have food, so you agree to do whatever you can for food. You can become a slave because of food, because you need food, because you don’t have it. Then after a certain time you have doubts. You say, “What am I going to do without my pizza? I cannot live without my pizza. What if my partner decides to give the pizza to someone else — my pizza?”

Now imagine that instead of food, we are talking about love. You have an abundance of love in your heart. You have love not just for yourself, but for the whole world. You love so much that you don’t need anyone’s love. You share your love without condition; you don’t love if. You are a millionaire in love, and someone knocks on your door and says, “Hey, I have love for you here. You can have my love, if you just do whatever I want you to do.”

When you are full of love, what is going to be your reaction? You will laugh and say, “Thank you, but I don’t need your love. I have the same love here in my heart, even bigger and better, and I share my love without condition.”

But what is going to happen if you are starving for love, if you don’t have that love in your heart, and someone comes and says, “You want a little love? You can have my love if you just do what I want you to do.” If you are starving for love, and you taste that love, you are going to do whatever you can for that love. You can even be so needy that you give your whole soul just for a little attention.

Your heart is like that magical kitchen. If you open your heart, you already have all the love you need. There’s no need to go around the world begging for love: “Please, someone love me. I’m so lonely, I’m not good enough for love; I need someone to love me, to prove that I’m worthy of love.” We have love right here inside us, but we don’t see this love.

What makes you happy is love coming out of you. And if you are generous with your love, everyone is going to love you. You are never going to be alone if you are generous. If you are selfish, you are always going to be alone, and there is no one to blame but you. Your generosity will open all the doors, not your selfishness. Selfishness comes from poverty in the heart, from the belief that love is not abundant. We become selfish when we believe that maybe tomorrow we won’t have any pizza. But when we know that our heart is a magical kitchen, we are always generous, and our love is completely unconditional.

I feel if we can apply this to body image, we will, slowly and by increments of one, start to slowly release the control others have over our well-being because it is in our own hands.

And if anyone is interested, here is the link I c/p that from. It is a good book and worth a peek if you run across it
http://www.amberallen.com/online_catalog/c...4-58-0/pop.html

edit: arg, adding italics around a quote causes all these weird symbols to pop up

This post has been edited by issy: Dec 8 2009, 01:29 PM

--------------------
we may have just changed the world

+Quote Post
issy
post Dec 8 2009, 01:22 PM
Post #1543

BUSTie

And as for everyone citing media influences, I have to sound 'jaded' (as one implanted friend called me recently) but the media is there for one reason, and it is not entertainment. They are trying to SELL you something!

YOU ARE BEING MARKETED TO!

The media doesn't favor implants over small breasts because implants are better. It's because small breasts are free and by creating a 'standard' that requires purchasing something, they are ensuring that women will constantly feel like there is something wrong with them they have to fix.

Something they have to buy or put on or take away or pay for. If someone is telling you something on yourself is not good enough and the solution costs money, guess what. It's just a commercial.

Botox is marketed as a 'lifestyle choice' and something women can do to 'empower themselves'. Why? Because that sounds more appealing. Weight loss ads on TV are never about the health of the woman. Think about it. Diet and exercise is free. How many ads have you seen about weight loss that isn't selling something? A special food, pill, machine, support program. It's never about whether or not being large affects your health. It's about the fact that fat people have been made to feel that there is something wrong with them they need to fix, and what is the fastest fix in the world? Throwing money at it. Don't like your tits? Buy some new ones. Have too much of yourself? Buy a pill so there will be less of you. Don't like your snatch? Let's take some of that off too. Don't like your tits? A brand new wardrobe will hide that.

Take a look at ALL women's magazines. They are not interested in helping you find a style that suits you. They are interested in TELLING you that only a certain shape will make you look more like everyone else and then try to sell it to you.

These people are not interested in your health, body image, well being. They are looking to cash in on the biggest money maker in the world- Insecurity.

They are saying who you are amounts to how well your meat is put together. That your body is your life and all you're good for, and not only that, but the way it is naturally isn't that good, because doesn't ENHANCED sound so much better?

--------------------

+Quote Post
issy
post Dec 8 2009, 01:06 PM
Post #1544

BUSTie

I found a wonderful bralette at Target for $7 by Maidenform. Normally I can't stand their stuff but this one is just a triangle shaped cup with a few thick layers of fabric instead of padding. That is the exception though, most of my bra shopping is done in the little girl's section. Not because I am THAT tiny but they tend to be less riddled with demi-cupcakes and underwire.

And every bra I've ever found with underwire, I have made a tiny hole with a razor blade at the armpit where the outer wire edge meets fabric, poked the plastic-covered end out, and used a pair of pliars to pull the sucker free. Not only does it completely change the shape of the bra to something more natural, it is also much more comfortable.

My mom spend a couple hundred dollars on all new bras at Victoria's Secret and ended up not wearing them because at the end of the day they dug into her skin and bothered her. I freed them of their underwire and now she says they are fantastic. Not only do they LOOK more like natural breasts as far as having a gentle downward slope instead of a perfect sphere, but the bottom of her breasts no longer get sore and red from all the poking. She is a large C and slightly overweight, so this isn't just a small boobed problem.

I would suggest removing the underwire from a bra you don't like as much to test it out before trying it on one of your favorites, but since I discovered they actually come OUT no bra of mine is bothered by them anymore. Not only that but, my breasts look like MY BREASTS, gently sloping ovals instead of pert little spheres, which in my opinion actually makes breasts look SMALLER. That way when I go braless there's not a drastic size/shape difference. Also, electrical tape Xs make great nipple hiders too. I have tried bandaids but all day wear tends to leave red skin irritation behind.

Also, once you have a bunch of them they're good for making tiny mobiles.

--------------------

+Quote Post
starship
post Dec 8 2009, 12:17 PM
Post #1545

Hardcore BUSTie

omg I just watched the clip and that mother is ugly inside and out. the girls breasts looked fine too me and really suited her gorgeous slender figure. plus why would someone who wants to be a professional cheerleader want huge boobs- surely that'd make it harder to jump about and do all the gymnastic stuff:/

karate I actually lol-ed @ "Point being, next time this is brought up (if it is) I will talk about my friend's bf's huge cock and how it bounced up and down in his tight running shorts as he ran up the driveway, and how I was so impressed I fell over. We'll see how that goes over. Fucking male double standard." haha

glad I'm not the only one with bra size troubles. I can see how the sizes must be just a guide spot-on, because every now and then I find one that, despite being the same size as all the ones that don't fit, is perfect. Trouble is I then end up wearing them to death and getting quite sad when I have to throw them away:(. A good bra is hard to come by. Someone should create a business that makes custom-made bras; so the size, style and design would be exactly what you wanted. I wouldn't mind paying a bit extra. Or maybe if there were a couple more hooks on bra bands so you can adjust it more- that way I'd probably fit a 32a nicely without it digging in my back.
I've heard quite a lot of people (some on here) say that (for example) their left breast is a 32b and their right is a 32c...how do you work this out? is there some way to measure them separately or is it just something you find out from trying on different sized bras. just curious

I'm going to see the new cameron diaz movie tonight, now there's a hottie

+Quote Post
karategrrl
post Dec 8 2009, 08:13 AM
Post #1546

Hardcore BUSTie

Mother should have a brain transplant before the girl gets breast implants!

GREAT line. I must remember that!

And about the American pie movies... I dislike them so much! Am I weird, lol? Again, I know it's supposed to be ligh hearted entertainment, but the humor is so crass sometimes. I don't really like that type of movies. I mean I just cringe at some supposedly funny jokes... and I remember watching that type of movies with my boyfriend and it's been awkward... I can't keep some thoughts to myself, and he thinks I need to lighten up... gah, men! Lol.

Yup, they Just. Dont'. Get. It. It's one of those socially-nurtured things.

Guys would "get it" real fast if us women sat around talking bout men's cock size, width, girth, texture--they'd be the "too sensitive" ones. Really.

On this topic, one story I've had to hear one too many times is of my stepson telling me about an ex-gf of his with huge tits running up the driveway during a barbecue--big tits bouncing around. Apparently my hubby fell over in his chair at the sight of this (which I seriously believe was his attempt at flattering his son--stOOOOpid "guy" shit, and it did happen years before I was in the picture...). Stepson actually thought I would find this funny. How do you spell C-L-U-E-L-E-S-S?

Point being, next time this is brought up (if it is) I will talk about my friend's bf's huge cock and how it bounced up and down in his tight running shorts as he ran up the driveway, and how I was so impressed I fell over. We'll see how that goes over. Fucking male double standard.

I wish so many people wouldn't lurk in here! The people who pop out always add so much to the conversation and it's a shame to think all these people are hiding away and keeping their fab input to themselves. Even if they don't have much to say (although they usually do) it's nice to know there are more people out there who've shared similar experiences to me

I second that. Do de-lurk, you all. You are hiding your light by hiding out. wink.gif And I say that with love.

Speaking of movies, I don't know if you guys have seen the newest Fast and Furious movie, but I looooove it for the main girl in the movie. She's just about the tiniest girl I've seen in movies, and she's portrayed as the 'hot chick' in the movie, instead of a sad moping whiner. It made me so happy when I saw that movie that a really tiny-breasted girl was the eye candy. All I kept thinking was GO HER! And in the movie, she never wears a bra, so her nips are poking out the entire time, another detail that made me cheer! She certainly wasn't ashamed of her little assets.

I know who you mean. Asian girl--can't look up her name right now. I personally don't care for her, as she seems snotty (or maybe that was her character in the movie), but yeah, I was totally impressed with their not giving her breast size a second thought in the movie. It was still a sexist and kinda dumb/stereotypical portrayal, in the sense that she was a car mechanic, working on cars in a catholic-school-girl-style mini skirt and barely-there little crop top (yeah, right, very practical for working on dirty, oily cars in a shop full of leering guys) but still, it was great to see small boobage represented instead of over-the-top implants or some crap.

+Quote Post
spot-on
post Dec 7 2009, 11:45 PM
Post #1547

Hardcore BUSTie

So I went to look at strapless bra's tonight. I only had 30 mins and was NOT enough, I should have known better. I tried on 32C and it cut my breast tissue in half, seriously! WTF? I tried on 34B, same. I laughed and tried on the 34C and WAAAAYYYY too big (as it should be no way on this damn earth am I a 34C!!). Why is it so fucking difficult to find a decent bra? You find one that fits, but if you want one with/without padding you need a different damn size! Then in a different store, different size. I came out the store today thinking that bra manufacturers are obviously men. Cos no woman on this earth would put another woman this crap surely?

+Quote Post
chicaloca
post Dec 7 2009, 09:55 PM
Post #1548

BUSTie

QUOTE(starship @ Dec 7 2009, 10:08 PM) *
Oh that reminds me- I got curious after hearing some of you talk about how much pleasure you got from your breasts/nipples. even thought Im not with anyone right now I gave it a little try myself and wow, i can definatly see what you were all talking about. It felt a little strange at first because I usually try to just ignore my boobs and touchign them reminds me of all the issues I have and totally puts me off. But I kept with it and turns out small ones really are sensitive lol. Can't wait til I'm with my next partner to experiment with that one. I also imagine it could help me a little being more confident sexually- yknow like if I told him how much it turned me on he'd probably like it as much as me and that would turn my breasts into a positive thing sexually rather than a negative one like usual. so yeah, once again thanks ladies:)

Definitely keep experimenting... I was pleasantly surprised when I discovered what I could feel whan stimulated the right way. And experimenting is all part of the fun! tongue.gif

Bra fitting sucks... it's so complicated, yet one can rarely find a really comfortable bra. I agree there should be more half cups or something... it would make more sense and would be way more comfortable, especially non-padded bras!

--------------------

Ocean child, calls me...

+Quote Post
angie_21
post Dec 7 2009, 09:43 PM
Post #1549

Hardcore BUSTie

I've always hated 2 and a half men, but that story really takes the cake. Wanting his girlfriend to go through back pain and unhappiness just so he can look at big tits.. all other things about size and beauty aside, how is anyone supposed to watch a show that disgusting and shallow? also, how is people looking as your butt supposed to be a deterrent? I love that people check out my ass. it's awesome, they should check it out.

I'm going to be away for a week or so for a school related trip. Keep on rockin the tiny titties everyone! big hugs and postive vibes all around!

+Quote Post
spot-on
post Dec 7 2009, 09:22 PM
Post #1550

Hardcore BUSTie

We need pics, we need names smile.gif Gotta give the respect to another hot smallie!

QUOTE(Aithinne @ Dec 7 2009, 06:13 PM) *
Speaking of movies, I don't know if you guys have seen the newest Fast and Furious movie, but I looooove it for the main girl in the movie. She's just about the tiniest girl I've seen in movies, and she's portrayed as the 'hot chick' in the movie, instead of a sad moping whiner. It made me so happy when I saw that movie that a really tiny-breasted girl was the eye candy. All I kept thinking was GO HER! And in the movie, she never wears a bra, so her nips are poking out the entire time, another detail that made me cheer! She certainly wasn't ashamed of her little assets.

+Quote Post
spot-on
post Dec 7 2009, 09:21 PM
Post #1551

Hardcore BUSTie

Starship
re: american pie, yeah I think they've done a few straight to DVD sequels. Funny yours had small boobs in it, the one we watched was the opposite and the girls were meant to be younger!

Re: bra fitting. One woman I spoke to who is a "fitter" for a major bra store in England said that measurements are just a guide, never take them as a rule. Like you I'm inbetween sizes sad.gif the 34B rides up my back and I have to have the shoulder straps tight and it's a little "roomy" but the 34A is quad boob city, hehehe so funny to say that when we're small but it's still quad boob!. The 32B I bust out in the left boob (again major double boob) but it fits nice on the right one but I don't seem to quite fill a 32C on either. Plus if I am packing on for my cycle then it's a whole other story! I wish they did nearly sizes. I think playtex did a few years back, but it didn't seem to take off. I have to say having worn this 34 the past few days (my 32 need washing) I prefer the 32 band. Now if they could just do an inbetween cup. Like a B 1/2

I wear those bra tops all the time to work out in at home. Not like we need much in the bounce protection department wink.gif I also wear them under tees etc sometimes, so comfy!

Go you on the sensitive nipplage smile.gif

+Quote Post
Aithinne
post Dec 7 2009, 09:13 PM
Post #1552

Hardcore BUSTie

Ugh, yes, that girl's mother in True Life is a troll. What a hag of a human. Her daughter is beautiful and I'm so glad she didn't give in to her mother's stupidity.

+Quote Post
starship
post Dec 7 2009, 08:08 PM
Post #1553

Hardcore BUSTie

wow so much great stuff to read lately <3

QUOTE(nbdx0645 @ Dec 7 2009, 11:43 PM) *
Fake breasts are like fake fruit. They photograph well, look perfect (sometimes) but if you try to manipulate them, the magic is gone.

and not as juicy as the real ones:)

there was an american pie movie on tv last night (where they went to college- id never even heard of this partic sequel. prob cos it was pretty crap) and the whole film was literally one big long attempt to show as many girls boobs as they could, linked together with some kinda vague storyline. Buuut, i did notice quite a few of them were small boobies and in all different shapes & types too by movie standards. it's weird because even though I'd love for more varied breasts to pop up in the media like this and offten complain about it- I actually found it kinda strange seeing them and thinking they looked odd. I think it's because i'm so used to seeing the big round fake boobs that are usually in this sort of film (there were plenty of those too) that my brain got a little confused. btw, it wasn't the particular boobs that looked odd too me, just those particular boobs in that particular setting. Even though I know what 'normal' breasts look like I feel pretty brainwashed and can only imagine how confused young boys must be when they finally see some breasts on a real life girl. We're all being forced to believe that any girl who is remotely hot has boobs that look a certain way. Anywayy...I'm not a fan of those teenboy-type films either. It always just ends up being a boob-fest

someone said they'd never had a properly fitting bra- me neither! It depresses me a bit because by the time I've found something that fits acceptably I'm not left with much choice style-wise. I'd love to walk into a shop full of pretty lacy colourful sexy underwear and be able to just take my pick, sighh. Most of my bras are a 34a but are a little big and i only get away with it because the padding disguises any gaps. I couldnt wear an unpadded 34a- as much as I'd love too. I also have some 34aa's but if im towards the end of my monthly cycle they get slightly too tight and I end up with a mini version of that 'four boobs' problem you see with a lot of larger breasted ladies. and finally I have a few 32as- but they band digs in a little and i usually end up adjusting myself all day. So no size seems to work for me! argh. I often fantasize that I'd be one of those people who goes to a professional store and gets told I'm a 30b or some other obscure size and thats why I've had so much trouble. not gonna happen though, I've measured myself every way possible and tried all reasonable sizes

i was wearing a stretchy bra-top thing to work out (at home) the other day and totally thought I looked hot. I had nipple-age! something i usually miss out on due to all the padding, I can see why you all say how sexy it is. I even took a quick picture on my phone so I could look back for a boost on down days haha.
I then jumped around during my workout pain-free:)

Oh that reminds me- I got curious after hearing some of you talk about how much pleasure you got from your breasts/nipples. even thought Im not with anyone right now I gave it a little try myself and wow, i can definatly see what you were all talking about. It felt a little strange at first because I usually try to just ignore my boobs and touchign them reminds me of all the issues I have and totally puts me off. But I kept with it and turns out small ones really are sensitive lol. Can't wait til I'm with my next partner to experiment with that one. I also imagine it could help me a little being more confident sexually- yknow like if I told him how much it turned me on he'd probably like it as much as me and that would turn my breasts into a positive thing sexually rather than a negative one like usual. so yeah, once again thanks ladies:)

I wish so many people wouldn't lurk in here! The people who pop out always add so much to the conversation and it's a shame to think all these people are hiding away and keeping their fab input to themselves. Even if they don't have much to say (although they usually do) it's nice to know there are more people out there who've shared similar experiences to me

+Quote Post
nbdx0645
post Dec 7 2009, 06:43 PM
Post #1554

Hardcore BUSTie

Hey all, I remember hearing about the Shacole episode of "MTV True Life." I believe it's scripted (like most of MTV):

http://www.watchingmtv.com/parental-control-is-scripted/

Hey MTV, why don't you put me and my mom on the show? We have a better back-story. Now, I'm plenty sure that there are mothers out there who would say something like that, but her behavior (on camera) was too over-the-top for me. So OTT, it made me do a quick search. I'm sure MTV will kill anything it can like wildfire, but it makes you wonder.

Desperate Housewives is a terribly shallow show. It's funny to me, because if you google "fake vs real boobs" you're going to find an overwhelming response of men yelling "NOOO, DON'T DO IT. AAAHHHHH!!!" In fact, lets parse 'fake boobs' and 'real boobs.'

Fake: 318,000 results
Real: 3,090,000 results

Some notable quotes from THE INTERNET:
"I like natural ones...big or small."
"Absolutely ANY size real ones over any size with implants. The aesthetic is horrid, but even worse is the idea that a woman would mutilate her body like that. Complete dealbreaker for me."
"Hate to be judgmental, but I will be: fake ones are indicative of quite a few negative personality traits...."
"I don't care what size as long as there real. I like my boobs like I like my women, REAL....
"I love em all ... especially sensitive ones. *grin* They win, hands down."
"this is a really lame subject. shit, whatever makes the woman happy and therefore a better person to be around, thats what i like."
"...Only for re-constructive surgery."
"It's not about the breast size, it's about the person."
"small real over large purchased for sure"

I noticed more female avatars said "Yaayeee fake tits!" Than males. Fake breasts are like fake fruit. They photograph well, look perfect (sometimes) but if you try to manipulate them, the magic is gone. I'd rather stay the way I am, thankyouverymuch.

Would you like to read on? Here you go: http://www.yelp.com/topic/san-francisco-bi...small-real-ones Logic says, "DO NOT DO IT."

+Quote Post
chicaloca
post Dec 7 2009, 03:41 PM
Post #1555

BUSTie

QUOTE(buttercups @ Dec 7 2009, 01:39 AM) *
Especially the part where Eva Longoria's hubby tells Lynette he wants her to get her boobs done.

Yeah, the worst part is that he talks about her breasts like they're his property. I wonder if that is how men feel about breasts in real life, I hope not. I mean, thankfully, I haven't met any of that kind yet, so I guess I find that type of talk a bit shocking and really fictional. I can only hope it's just fictional.

QUOTE(buttercups @ Dec 7 2009, 01:39 AM) *
Also wanted to say that after receiving so much support from all of you lately, I have honestly noticed a change in my behavior towards myself and really feel like I'm starting to come around. You all make me feel really good about looking this way and you definitely normalize it for me, which is something I desperately need. I haven't woken up hating my breasts in about 5 days or so, which is a lot for me! Never knew other people could help this much, but I guess they can *hugs *

I'm so glad to hear this. I haven't participated a lot, but I remember when you first joined the community, and it's amazing how you've been progressing. Yay buttercups! biggrin.gif

--------------------

Ocean child, calls me...

+Quote Post
chicaloca
post Dec 7 2009, 10:35 AM
Post #1556

BUSTie

Oh Lord, I would also slap that woman! I mean come on, putting pressure on her daughter like that. A very beautiful girl, by the way. So what if she can't "make the team"? Why can't her mother encourage her to have other priorities? Like getting good college education, or hell, if she wants to do something related to her looks, then encourage her to be a model, she has the body!

But the most awful part is when she says something like "She has no boobs, what is there to love?". Honestly, that woman should have never had kids, how awful of her to talk like that about her own daughter. I guess it's like what Issy said... that woman probably has some serious issues with herself that she has the need to exteriorize them by putting her daughter down like that.

And this:
Everyone in this episode of “True Life” referred to breasts as “boobs.” Every time, the entire time. Maybe if these women saw their breasts as part of their bodies, rather than ridiculously nicknamed accessories, they’d be happier with what they have naturally.

How true... as time has passed, it seems like every body part has become an accessory rather than part of the human body!

Oh, and about that magazine, ugh. I mean, they should send a more positive message on how to emphasize the perkiness, the shape. And I think deep V necks look damn well with small breasts! No busy high neck tops for me!

And about the American pie movies... I dislike them so much! Am I weird, lol? Again, I know it's supposed to be ligh hearted entertainment, but the humor is so crass sometimes. I don't really like that type of movies. I mean I just cringe at some supposedly funny jokes... and I remember watching that type of movies with my boyfriend and it's been awkward... I can't keep some thoughts to myself, and he thinks I need to lighten up... gah, men! Lol.

--------------------

Ocean child, calls me...

+Quote Post
spot-on
post Dec 7 2009, 09:17 AM
Post #1557

Hardcore BUSTie

Holy crap I wanna slap that girls mother! Seriously? Way to destroy your daughters self esteem (if she has any left). I think she has larger boobs that me, though it's hard to tell on the video, it says she's a 32A but she looks bigger than that IMO. Mother should have a brain transplant before the girl gets breast implants!

Reasons not to buy Lucky magazine! Seriously why are people obsessed with covering up these "flaws" they are what make us who we are, regardless of whatever the 'flaw'.

Can't comment on the desperate housewives thing, never watched it don't know who the people are, lol!

+Quote Post
karategrrl
post Dec 7 2009, 07:37 AM
Post #1558

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(chicaloca @ Dec 7 2009, 02:46 AM) *
They implied that small breasts are a flaw! WTF??? Since when are small breasts a flaw? How stupid is that? Especially since it's a show geared towards women. I mean honestly, it made me really upset, especially since Felicity Huffman has a rockin' body as it is.

OMG, I also had a similar "WTF" moment this weekend, and I am pissed. In December's Lucky mag (USA), they had one of those features where they show what to wear for a certain body type. Okay, fair enough. But the piece was all about how to HIDE a small chest (yes, they used that word, along with "conceal," I think). They totally approached it like a FLAW and made no apologies about presenting it that way.

They covered this woman's chest with a busy, high-necked top, and dress with a big cowl neck, and something else which obviously was so unimpressive I do not remember. The only complimentary thing was about the dress--that from the waist down, it was fitted to show off the woman's nice figure. They even had a quote from the woman (of course, who knows if it is a real quote or not?) where she is complaining that she can't find any tops that aren't low-cut. (Gasp! The horror of not having enough cloth to HIDE those two AA-DEFECTS!!) The woman was totally cute (and I use that word in a complimentary way, not "cute" like a little girl).

Total WTF!! I don't try to HIDE my chest. I love V-necks. And hi-cut busyness is totally the WORST look for me. And wake the fuck up, world--small breasts are NOT a flaw to be covered up. I am writing them a complaint letter, which I hope they have the balls to publish.

Rant concluded.

Random musings:
I want to slap this girl's mother. Her daughter is totally beautiful and incidentally has larger breasts than I. I guess her mom would say I am concave.

I was looking (unsuccessful) for the Lucky mag feature online, so I could link to it, but found many other interesting things when I Googled "lucky small breasts." Some of it was really nice.

+Quote Post
buttercups
post Dec 6 2009, 11:39 PM
Post #1559

Hardcore BUSTie

Hey guys, just poppin in quick to see whats up, plenty of great stuff as always! Thanks Anarch, your posts are great and you're awesome too! : )

ASC, you rock, congrats for being you and accepting it! You are so much braver than I've been able to be yet and I am 100% cheering you on now! Sounds like we are pretty much the same size, and it inspires me to hear you tell the world to "take it or leave it!" bc that's what I'm looking to do too! I want so much to be like "if people don't like lookin at this than look the other way!" and I am like that inside, but you are helping me to bring it out! You should def start posting regularly, you make me want to take on the world, thanks!

Chicaloca that is so funny that you mention that episode, bc I've seen the exact same one and thought the exact same things not long ago! I was offended and it triggered me into a bad case of feeling bad about myself. Especially the part where Eva Longoria's hubby tells Lynette he wants her to get her boobs done. I'm like excuse me?? Eva Longoria is drop-dead gorgeous and wayy prettier than what he should be getting in real life or on a show! I think her body is perfect and it really pissed me off bc I look to her as one of my small boobie role models and there the show was with her average husband saying he wanted beautiful Eva to get implants! And yeah the part with Lynettes husband made me angry too in the same way. You're right it's really annoying that a show geared towards women pulls out such anti-women messages. Glad someone else notices these things too!

Also wanted to say that after receiving so much support from all of you lately, I have honestly noticed a change in my behavior towards myself and really feel like I'm starting to come around. You all make me feel really good about looking this way and you definitely normalize it for me, which is something I desperately need. I haven't woken up hating my breasts in about 5 days or so, which is a lot for me! Never knew other people could help this much, but I guess they can *hugs *

+Quote Post
spot-on
post Dec 6 2009, 11:36 PM
Post #1560

Hardcore BUSTie

and that's why we need more small women to stop having implants! The reason we're "flawed" is because we do shit to appease the media's portrayal of the "ideal woman". To quote Issy in her recent post
You DO NOT have the right to tell me how my body should look!

On a side note, we watched American Pie: Love book (or something, not sure of the title). Since when did all 17 yr old high school students have breast implants? Seriously! Almost EVERY damn actress on that movie had fake tits! I mean I get it, they are obviously all older than the part they are playing but DAMN! 17 year old tits do NOT look like that naturally! No wonder men have a distorted image of the female form!

+Quote Post

211 Pages V  « < 76 77 78 79 80 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: July 25, 2014 - 02:58 AM