The Lounge Guidelines Help Search Members Calendar Blogs

Welcome Guest [ Log In | Register ] ]

2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Swap Me Beautiful
pepper
post Sep 6 2007, 05:59 PM
Post #21

oh dude, that's teh awesome. mystery goody grab bags, i'm so down. i have to finish unpacking and get through a crafty swap i was crazy enough to sign up for first though so gimme a minute.

like if i have a bunch of stuff i list the general catagory each item falls into without being specific and then takers tell me what they've got? or like i say i'll trade you my___ for your ___ or you can choose door number 2? make up rules as we go along?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
crazyoldcatlady
post Sep 6 2007, 05:42 PM
Post #22

the moistiest

i suppose this thing is just wide-open. get as creative as you want. ya'll don't have to do bags, i was just bored and hepped up on sugar. i guess you just work out the specifics with whoever you're swapping with. there aren't any real set rules. i suppose if someone posts something in here, and someone else wants to do a trade, give a holla in a PM?

+Quote Post
treehugger
post Sep 6 2007, 06:42 AM
Post #23

cryostat bitch

oooooh, COCL...me likey! smile.gif

Are we gonna stay with the same bag themes, or everybody who offers up a bag can make up their own description?

--------------------
To block Steve's latest incarnation, Click Here.

+Quote Post
raisingirl
post Sep 5 2007, 06:57 PM
Post #24

PANTIES! ew.

Oooooohhhhhhh SWAP BAGS! COCL mixin' it up. I could be down with that. Hmm. I'm gonna think about it. The ex's sack?! hahahahaha

And don't think I'm not gonna comment on that Tori picture of yours -- niiiiiiiice! Great album. Did you know Tori lay/lied (?) on some sort of gigantic photocopy machine for those series of photos? I read about it in some interview.

+Quote Post
crazyoldcatlady
post Sep 5 2007, 06:35 PM
Post #25

the moistiest

okay, i got a burst of energy (sugar! sugar!) and starting going through the things i was gonna take to the consignment shop. some of the stuff still has tags on it, which is a bit depressing, but we're not going to think about that right now.

what i did come up with--'cause i love surprises--is the idea of mystery, themed swap bags. now, ya'll don't have to do this; this is just what i meshed together from what i got layin' around the house. basically, i'd swap any of the following for something surprise in return. (S&H not expected to exceed $10 within the US):

Grab bag #1:
"The Ex's 'Sack"

Grab bag #2:
"Feed a cold, starve a fever"

Grab bag #3:
"Center your Chi"

Grab bag #4:
"WTF?"

I was gonna post pictures of what was in them after the person receives the package.

The basics of each package is some sort of clothing (if shirts, medium to large; if pants, medium to large or 6-8 US sizes), and some peripheral, random items (jewelry? cd's? the secret of life?) that go with the bag's overall theme.

Dear god.
I need to do something productive now, like cure cancer.

what do ya'll think?

+Quote Post
raisingirl
post Sep 5 2007, 06:12 AM
Post #26

PANTIES! ew.

BAGS!!!!!!!! Ooh... salivating. I, too, am on the eternal quest for The Ideal Bag.

Uh... I guess people will figure that out for themselves, COCL? I don't think there are hard and fast rules for 1:1.

+Quote Post
treehugger
post Sep 5 2007, 04:07 AM
Post #27

cryostat bitch

ooooh...I am gonna like this thread. No time to post pics as of now, but I'm a tote bag whore. I keep buying them and deciding the layout's wrong for me. I just saw a new really CUTE one at Urban Outfitters that I'm not allowing myself to get until I trim my current inventory.

I tend to collect large-ish totebags, like messenger bag style. Pics will be forthcoming.

--------------------
To block Steve's latest incarnation, Click Here.

+Quote Post
crazyoldcatlady
post Sep 4 2007, 07:11 PM
Post #28

the moistiest

so are the trades gonna be 1:1? or do the two ppl swapping figure that out?

squee!!

off to inventory...

+Quote Post
raisingirl
post Sep 4 2007, 01:15 PM
Post #29

PANTIES! ew.

deleted because I no longer have these items available.

+Quote Post
shinyx3
post Sep 4 2007, 09:09 AM
Post #30

go ahead . . . push the button!

oohh what fun! must look through my stuff.

--------------------
"Razors pain you; rivers are damp; acids stain you; and drugs cause cramp. Guns aren't lawful; nooses give; gas smells awful; you might as well live."

+Quote Post
pepper
post Sep 4 2007, 08:16 AM
Post #31

yay, swaperoo!
i'll be back when i get my camera back from repair (fingers crossed it comes back at all! sad.gif )

+Quote Post
raisingirl
post Sep 4 2007, 07:04 AM
Post #32

PANTIES! ew.

Okay, Ladies, this is the resurgence of Swap Me Beautiful!

Feel free to list items that you no longer want/need that you think other Busties might want/need. At the time you post your item(s) you want to swap, you can post what you'd like in return, being as specific or as general as you want -- or you can wait to see what others will post if there's nothing currently that appeals to you. Someone else jump in here and let me know if I've forgotten anything else. It used to be mainly for clothes, but why not expand it to include other items that are easily mailed?

Please keep in mind that some of us are protective of our identities, so we have a RTD ("right to defer," phrase courtesy of Crazyoldcatlady) clause -- one can reject a swap request if one isn't familiar with a particular Bustie (or just wants to say no for the sake of saying no).

So let's get going! I have at least two items of clothing that I know would look awesome on one of you... *runs off to take measurements and write up descriptions*

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: August 20, 2014 - 06:27 PM