The Lounge Guidelines Help Search Members Calendar Blogs

Welcome Guest [ Log In | Register ] ]

120 Pages V  « < 45 46 47 48 49 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Crimes of Fashion part Deux...this time, it's personal.
dayglowpink
post Aug 5 2007, 05:59 PM
Post #921

Hardcore BUSTie

I am a nurse, and tons of the people I work with wear Crocs with socks. It's bad. The worst is shorts with Crocs and socks, though. Hideous. I also really hate it when people wear white athletic-type low cut socks (like the kind that just come up to the foot-ankle junction) with clogs. What is the deal with that? It seems to happen a lot with nurses and doctors as well. It looks stupid, and the point of those socks is to wear with sneakers. If you're wearing clogs, you need to wear regular socks or no socks. And no white athletic socks with black or brown leather clogs.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
culturehandy
post Aug 5 2007, 03:38 PM
Post #922

(o)(o)

Oh dear, what has the world come to?

I was out shopping yesterday and I saw that they make croc boots! and and and I am watching a business report on CBC newsworld right now, and croc stocks hae gone up and crocs say they want to branch into clothing!!!!!!!!!

Ummm, there is already a lot of rubber clothes out there. It is made for fetishists. But gaaaaa croc clothing????

*promptly throws up*

--------------------
Hatred does not cease in this world by hating, but by not hating; this is an eternal truth. --- Buddah, The Dhammapada

+Quote Post
culturehandy
post Aug 5 2007, 01:21 PM
Post #923

(o)(o)

My eyes! Ohhhhh my eyes.

--------------------
Hatred does not cease in this world by hating, but by not hating; this is an eternal truth. --- Buddah, The Dhammapada

+Quote Post
humanist77
post Aug 5 2007, 01:09 PM
Post #924

belligerently lazy

the yellow one is the least ugly of them all-but definitely not my thang. It would earn a couple points if it weren't that nasty cheap fabric~

yeah, this woman in one of my spring classes wore crocs with socks everyday. She worked in a hospital, but it still hardly excused it...

--------------------
I pledge allegiance to and wrap myself in the flag of the United States Against Anything Un-American and to the Republicans for which it stands, two nations, under Jesus, rich against poor, with curtailed liberty and justice for all except blacks, homosexuals, women who want abortions, Communists, welfare queens, treehuggers, feminazis, illegal immigrants, children of illegal immigrants, and you if you don't watch your step.
-Matt Groening, Life in Hell

+Quote Post
mouse
post Aug 5 2007, 12:43 PM
Post #925

Most Likely Procrastinating

i actually really like the polka dot one. i like the cut, i think it's cute and vintage-y and i would wear it. but the others do not look good. it only works if it's all the same fabric and an okay print (that purple plaid is gross. but i hate purple anyway)...and of course this is only if it wasn't fake silk gross polyester. i would wear it if it were just regular woven blouse fabric.

and i think the right guy can pull off an elaborate moustache...

i saw a lot of COFs at the comic con last weekend (mainly people wearing spandex who never, ever should), but the worst was a girl wearing a pair of crocs......with SOCKS. isn't their main thing that you can wear them barefoot and they won't get smelly? isn't that one of their damn selling points? i never thought that crocs could look worse but APPARENTLY IF YOU WEAR THEM WITH SOCKS THEY CAN.

i also had a dream that i got a pair of crocs and was okay with wearing them. i am surprised i didn't wake up screaming.

--------------------
jam out with your clam out

+Quote Post
humanist77
post Aug 5 2007, 12:26 PM
Post #926

belligerently lazy

I made sure to leave honest reviews about the first two shirts...

--------------------
I pledge allegiance to and wrap myself in the flag of the United States Against Anything Un-American and to the Republicans for which it stands, two nations, under Jesus, rich against poor, with curtailed liberty and justice for all except blacks, homosexuals, women who want abortions, Communists, welfare queens, treehuggers, feminazis, illegal immigrants, children of illegal immigrants, and you if you don't watch your step.

+Quote Post
starkitty
post Aug 5 2007, 09:46 AM
Post #927

BUSTie

I'm wondering what figure that could possibly hope to flatter. Unless, you know, it was actually a maternity shirt. And it would still be ugly and unflattering in that case anyway.

+Quote Post
mornington
post Aug 5 2007, 05:57 AM
Post #928

now running on biodiesel and sacrificial blood

you know, I've been seeing that style of top over here for a while now. They don't get any less fugly, but those are especially specially fugly.

+Quote Post
freckleface7
post Aug 5 2007, 04:28 AM
Post #929

beachcomber

QUOTE(humanist77 @ Aug 5 2007, 02:12 AM) *
oh my god oh my god I found the awful royal blue and brown and black polyester silk shirts (and then some) from Target! AHHHHHH!

Here is the hideous royal blue one,
and the hideous black and brown one,
but don't forget the hideous yellow polka-dotted shirt,
and the hideous purple plaid shirt
don't forget to click on the larger image link to see them in detail tongue.gif

lord have mercy ohmy.gif
those models are smiling, but they're crying on the inside. And they're eyes are not shown so they can remain anonymous~

homanist-
the models are smiling bc maybe they had to get them high, and convince them they were playing an integrel part of a massive joke on Suzi Q Public in order to don them in the first place.

those look like circa '70's maternity shirts gone very wrong.

--------------------
I'm gonna let it shine

+Quote Post
humanist77
post Aug 4 2007, 11:55 PM
Post #930

belligerently lazy

oh my god oh my god I found the awful royal blue and brown and black polyester silk shirts (and then some) from Target! AHHHHHH!

Here is the hideous royal blue one,
and the hideous black and brown one,
but don't forget the hideous yellow polka-dotted shirt,
and the hideous purple plaid shirt
don't forget to click on the larger image link to see them in detail tongue.gif

lord have mercy ohmy.gif
those models are smiling, but they're crying on the inside. And they're eyes are not shown so they can remain anonymous~

--------------------

+Quote Post
freckleface7
post Aug 4 2007, 08:09 PM
Post #931

beachcomber

spotted:
man w/ a highlighted or frosted blond mullet.
even my girl recognized it from billy ray cyrus (who plays hannah montana's dad (duh) on the tv show of the same name, where they frequently make jokes about the style in a nice way.

sad or weirdest thing is, it looked freshly coiffed.

--------------------
I'm gonna let it shine

+Quote Post
flanker_ji
post Aug 3 2007, 10:47 PM
Post #932

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(crazyoldcatlady @ Aug 3 2007, 03:21 PM) *
black sparkly clubbing top with bell sleeves and cut outs on the arms

with

khakis.

in

a hosptial pharmacy, working behind the counter.

Oh my...

--------------------
"Patience is a virtue, but I don't have the time..."

+Quote Post
crazyoldcatlady
post Aug 3 2007, 04:04 PM
Post #933

the moistiest

black sparkly clubbing top with bell sleeves and cut outs on the arms

with

khakis.

in

a hosptial pharmacy, working behind the counter.

+Quote Post
bustygirl
post Aug 3 2007, 01:49 PM
Post #934

Hardcore BUSTie

IMO, the handlebar mustache is right on. Sexy in a Tom of Finland way.

Even better is the handlebar mustache combined with muttonchops. Very Founding Fathers.

+Quote Post
culturehandy
post Aug 3 2007, 07:14 AM
Post #935

(o)(o)

Why do people think it is appropriate to wear an entire outfit made out of an obscenely bright colour.

*vomits*

I saw this a while ago, but there was someone wearing an entire outfit of camouflage, but the thing is the pants did not match the shirt. So it was two toned differing colours of green camo. It was awful and busy. Very very busy.

--------------------

+Quote Post
mornington
post Aug 2 2007, 03:32 PM
Post #936

now running on biodiesel and sacrificial blood

girl on the tube last night... pink cargo-style capris, pink quilted pleather "designer" knockoff handbag, pink mini ipod. All in exactly the same shade of pink... bright retina-burning pink. Plus ubiquitous over-straightened blonde hair.

+Quote Post
maimy
post Jul 31 2007, 06:23 PM
Post #937

Hardcore BUSTie

Humanist, it's funny you say that - I was watching Age of Love last night (okay, y'all can get into what a crime THAT is too ... heh), and one of the "kittens" wore this royal blue satin getup for whatever they thought they were doing (it really wasn't an elimination or ceremony or anything Reality TV has led us to expect ...), and it was wrong in so many different ways.

Why do so many of the plastic girls who live to be on Reality TV seem to have such unerringly bad wardrobe? Is it the shows' fault (see also: Joe Millionaire), or their own (see also: Melrose from ANTM) ... ? There seem to be so many sources for Teh Bad Fashion, and so few good influences, in that milieu.

Yes, I was forced to use the word MILIEU. THAT. Is how bad Reality TV fashion has become.

*Shudder*

+Quote Post
flanker_ji
post Jul 30 2007, 12:06 AM
Post #938

Hardcore BUSTie

Maimy, word.

The people I know who need a little help in the fashion dept. always seem to be the sweetest, and I can't bear to call them CoFs. Who they are really does transform them physically in my eyes too.

I was also going to post about Crocs, but I see the topic's been well-covered. Glad I'm not alone in my dislike of those things.

--------------------
"Patience is a virtue, but I don't have the time..."

+Quote Post
ginger_kitty
post Jul 29 2007, 05:07 PM
Post #939

Hardcore BUSTie

humanist, eewww...that's not pretty! Target has really gone to hell, over the last couple years. I used to love to shop there.

misjoy, my hubby has done the handlebar mustache thing also, just for laughs....but he looked pretty tough with it. I giggled everytime I saw it.

Cof 1: Teenage guy wearing a jeans and a t-shirt. The crime being that the t-shirt said retro in big letters.....what the hell was 'retro'? Just because retro cloths are in, doesn't mean the word retro should be printed in large letters on a shirt.

Cof 2: At the grocery, I spotted an entire family of five sporting various colors of crocs. Mom in purple, dad in bright neon green....and so on. It was very unsightly.

--------------------
-We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different.

-What we think, we become.

+Quote Post
humanist77
post Jul 28 2007, 02:40 PM
Post #940

belligerently lazy

I saw one of the ugliest garments ever at Target yesterday. It was this icky polyester "satin" fabric, with short, poofy, tapered sleeves and a wide, square neck, and a sort of 'bib' around the collar. The worst part were the colors the shirt came in. One was shiny ROYAL BLUE, and the bib was black. The other one was shiny black with a BROWN bib. Brown and black rarely goes together, and this was far from any exception. Royal blue is rarely flattering to any human-and the black collar made it even worse. I wish I could find a picture of the shirts on the website, but I couldn't-so here's a similar one-and almost as ugly. The sleeves on this shirt were tapered though, and it was some fake satin fabric.

I went on a rant to the boy about how awful it was, how I can't believe anyone would design and approve the thing, and especially how anyone could buy one! He agreed that it was just about one of the most hideous things ever. We stood there just gawking in disgust at the thing tongue.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

120 Pages V  « < 45 46 47 48 49 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: April 16, 2014 - 12:56 AM