Welcome Guest [ Log In | Register ] ]

43 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The BUST General Knowledge Base
auralpoison
post Apr 11 2010, 02:25 PM
Post #1

Big Fat Bitch

I was "passively verfied", which means they couldn't reach anybody at my doctor's office. And I did have to provide them with that info (or something close to it) to make my order. I gave his last name & the number to his clinic, but whatevs. I'm gettin' my contacts.

--------------------
"You're cute, like a velvet glove cast in iron. And like a gas chamber, a real fun gal."
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
ketto
post Apr 8 2010, 12:40 PM
Post #2

Hardcore BUSTie

I order mine online from clearlycontacts.ca. I have to put in my own prescription and then just order them. The way I do it they don't have a way to contact my doctor or know his name. Did you have to give your doctors info when you ordered them?

--------------------
Meow.

+Quote Post
auralpoison
post Apr 7 2010, 01:02 PM
Post #3

Big Fat Bitch

I didn't know where else to post this: Does anybody here order contacts online? Basically, I just passed the two year mark on my prescription & I didn't feel like shelling out cash on an eye appointment since my scrip hasn't changed in nearly ten years: -1.50 in both eyes. I almost always wear glasses as I find them to be the more stylish option, but sometimes contacts just rock. So I ordered some online & was wondering just how carefully online retailers check with eye doctors. Are they actually gonna call my eye doctor to make sure my scrip is up to date or do we think they'll let it slide in the name of the all mighty dollar?

--------------------
"You're cute, like a velvet glove cast in iron. And like a gas chamber, a real fun gal."

+Quote Post
nickclick
post Dec 28 2009, 10:39 AM
Post #4

Hardcore BUSTie

snow, do you read Bitch? looks academic in comparison to Bust etc. and maybe it a bit so, but it's a lot of fun to read.

i think there used to be a mag thread around here? try the Bust:discuss thread.

+Quote Post
snow white
post Dec 28 2009, 10:19 AM
Post #5

Hardcore BUSTie

is there a magazine thread here? i've been trying to subscribe to more magazines but most "chick mags" pretty much suck (i.e. Cosmo, Glamour, Allure). I mean, they were ok in highschool but how many issues does it take to give a reader make-up tips, fashion advice, new ways to have "mond blowing" sex, and articles about "empowered women" (nothing against those women, i'm just tired of pretty much reading the same article over and over again). I used to subscribe to Missbehave and I loved it (not in print anymore), now aside from Bust I have nothing else in my mail box besides catalogs and bills sad.gif

Where's all the offbeat, creative, smart, snarky, sexy, girlie magazines???

--------------------
I'm not loaded, I'm just tired of being nice

+Quote Post
gluelita
post Dec 14 2009, 09:02 PM
Post #6

BUSTie

i think it should be the new uniform for the Bret Michaels skanker derby. smile.gif

+Quote Post
auralpoison
post Dec 11 2009, 03:12 PM
Post #7

Big Fat Bitch

I think it would be just fine. All is fair in roller derby.

--------------------

+Quote Post
pollystyrene
post Dec 11 2009, 12:56 PM
Post #8

Too many mutha uckas, Uckin' with my shi-

Sorry, no idea, CH.

Need an opinion about a Christmas gift. I'm probably over-thinking this, but if I got this shirt for a male friend of mine, would it be perceived as misogynistic? (Click on the picture of the t-shirt, then click "View Back" to see the part I'm questioning)

For anyone that needs explanation, it's a roller derby t-shirt; those are the referee hand signals on the front of it. The guy I'm giving it to is totally a feminist (husband of a Bustie) and would be secure enough to wear it, I'm just not sure how it would come off to others. There's a very good chance he'd primarily wear it to roller derby games and I'm 99% sure that within that context, people would see the humor in it and not think he was an asshole, but even then, I'm not sure.

--------------------
You went to school where you were taught to fear and to obey, be cheerful, fit in, or someone might think you're weird.
Life can be perfect. People can be trusted. Someday, I will fall in love; a nice quiet home of my very own.
Free from all the pain. Happy and having fun all the time.
It never happened, did it?

+Quote Post
culturehandy
post Dec 7 2009, 01:40 PM
Post #9

(o)(o)

Many moons ago, the magazine ran a snippet on a comic book who had a characater whose sidekick was a vibrator or dildo.

Does anyone remember the name of the comic?

--------------------
Hatred does not cease in this world by hating, but by not hating; this is an eternal truth. --- Buddah, The Dhammapada

+Quote Post
auralpoison
post Nov 16 2009, 08:07 PM
Post #10

Big Fat Bitch

Mine has two threads I actually started & one that I was just the poster where the cutoff was.

If you want to save something, KW, I'd probably use the personal notepad on your control panel. I save odd bits of wisdom there sometimes.

--------------------

+Quote Post
girltrouble
post Nov 16 2009, 07:46 PM
Post #11

new highs in personal lows daily!

that basically brings up all the threads you've started. but since we try not to start threads, it should be empty. i've got maybe four, but i've been her since forever.

--------------------

"what a swell farewell party! we said goodbye to everything, including the lining in my stomach." - garvey, from the film, born bad

"That's one career all females have in common, whether we like it or not: being a woman. Sooner or later, we've got to work at it, no matter how many other careers we've had or wanted." --margo channing, all about eve

+Quote Post
koffeewitch
post Nov 16 2009, 03:36 PM
Post #12

Hardcore BUSTie

A Lounge question: Could someone tell me how I can use the "My Topics" part of My Profile Portal... What I mean is, If I want to save one of my posts in the "My Topics" section, how do I do it?

--------------------
"The U.S. is the only nation on Earth to pass from barbarism into decadence without once passing through an era of civilization."

+Quote Post
candycane_girl
post Nov 16 2009, 11:11 AM
Post #13

Hardcore BUSTie

Thank you soooooo much! I was going nuts trying to find out.

Also, I think the stress is getting to me. I keep noticing grammatical mistakes in my posts such as writing "hear" instead of "here" and "to" instead of "too". I'm losing it.

+Quote Post
girl_logic
post Nov 16 2009, 10:50 AM
Post #14

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(candycane_girl @ Nov 16 2009, 10:23 AM) *
Thanks, tree. I had actually already used impish and now I'm on to writing about Vivian which leads me to my next question.
Has anyone in hear read The Big Sleep or at least seen the movie and remember how many husbands Vivian has had? I have tried googling it over and over, I've used wiki and sparknotes and I cannot get an answer! I keep looking through the book but I can't seem to find out the answer.

According to this peice of internets it's three.

Badly behaved ingenue is a good one!

eta: the bit here also says three (see the character synopsis of vivian regan) http://www.answers.com/topic/the-big-sleep-characters

--------------------
There are years that ask questions and years that answer. - zora neale hurston

+Quote Post
sybarite
post Nov 16 2009, 10:47 AM
Post #15

it's cards on the table time

CCG, describing Carmen as an ingenue should work, albeit a badly behaved one.

+Quote Post
candycane_girl
post Nov 16 2009, 10:23 AM
Post #16

Hardcore BUSTie

Thanks, tree. I had actually already used impish and now I'm on to writing about Vivian which leads me to my next question.

Has anyone in here read The Big Sleep or at least seen the movie and remember how many husbands Vivian has had? I have tried googling it over and over, I've used wiki and sparknotes and I cannot get an answer! I keep looking through the book but I can't seem to find out the answer.

+Quote Post
pollystyrene
post Nov 16 2009, 05:20 AM
Post #17

Too many mutha uckas, Uckin' with my shi-

Putting some Borax in there might help, treehugger.

--------------------
You went to school where you were taught to fear and to obey, be cheerful, fit in, or someone might think you're weird.
Life can be perfect. People can be trusted. Someday, I will fall in love; a nice quiet home of my very own.
Free from all the pain. Happy and having fun all the time.
It never happened, did it?

+Quote Post
treehugger
post Nov 16 2009, 05:09 AM
Post #18

cryostat bitch

impish? I'm trying to think of a non-judgemental noun but I'm coming up short. Of course, it doesn't help that I'm not familiar with the book.

CH, yes, sometimes the laundry does sit for a little while before it makes it to the dryer, but the other stuff doesn't have or develop that funk, so I don't think that is the problem. Maybe they're just old? Some are over fifteen years old. I'm going to try some of the suggestions.

--------------------
To block Steve's latest incarnation, Click Here.

+Quote Post
candycane_girl
post Nov 15 2009, 08:52 PM
Post #19

Hardcore BUSTie

Well, the funny thing is that since the book is narrated by the character Phillip Marlowe, it's full of his judgments. I'm also trying to address how Carmen might be described by someone other than Marlowe since he hates her. Mostly I was trying to find a noun for what she might be called. Anyway, back to work. sad.gif

+Quote Post
speedy
post Nov 15 2009, 08:33 PM
Post #20

Hardcore BUSTie

Jejune?
Maybe too harsh. It sounds like you aren't trying to describe, not judge.
QUOTE(candycane_girl @ Nov 15 2009, 10:46 PM) *
Hi ladies. Can anyone think of a word for a girl who acts like a child all the time? I mean, besides just the adjective of childish. I'm trying to write an essay on The Big Sleep (the novel, not the movie) and how women are depicted. Right now I'm doing the character of Carmen.

+Quote Post

43 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: October 22, 2014 - 04:10 PM