Welcome Guest [ Log In | Register ] ]

271 Pages V  « < 134 135 136 137 138 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Bacterial Vaginosis--or--embarrassing bad smell
virgin4life
post Oct 17 2007, 08:57 PM
Post #2701

BUSTie

Okay. If i dont post on here in 5 days i've died from an herbal overdose. lol.

here's what i'm trying:

*2 acidpholis (however u spell)
*2 fem dolphilis
*2 folic acid

&& i just ordered the stuff recommended from iherb.com.

and i think i'll go get some oregano oil. what the heck, cant hurt. my pill holder is so crammed with stuff. my boyfriend asked if i was a granny or something with all the pills im taking.....no honey its just for my malfunctioning vajaja. (of course i didnt tell him that. lol)

O please let one of these work.

if this doesnt work, i'll try the flagyl...again. sigh.
---yea it does come from out of the country, whoever asked. that is if u order it offline.

Jewelscando: Please if u wouldnt mind giving me the website. there are a billion posts on here and prob would be impossible to find. ThAnKs!!!

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
anitsirhc
post Oct 17 2007, 12:37 PM
Post #2702

Hardcore BUSTie

oh and by the way i'm only taking one primadophilus reuteri orally a day.

i know a lot of people try taking probiotics orally and vaginally, just in case anyone tries these, since they are enteric coated you can't insert them vaginally because they won't dissolve. so you'd have to take them apart and make your own or something.

+Quote Post
anitsirhc
post Oct 17 2007, 12:30 PM
Post #2703

Hardcore BUSTie

hello ladies! i haven't posted on here in forever. because nothing had changed with me, bv kept coming back still a lot of discharge and i was just giving up.

but!! i found a different forum and read a few people who had success with primadophilus reuteri. probiotics with an enteric coating so they don't dissolve or get absorbed until they're in your intestines. so i gave it a try and i've been taking them for 2 days and i have hardly any discharge (still a little bit but it seems like normal discharge and it doesn't smell) and no smell!! i haven't had sex yet so i'm not sure if it's completely gone. that's one of the ways i could always tell i had bv, it would burn when i had sex. so we'll see what happens with that. but i haven't worn pantyliners in a few days and i used to have to alwayysss wear them and i feel great!

here's the link for where i bought them:
http://www.iherb.com/ProductDetails.aspx?c...d=4674&at=0

those are the exact ones i bought. you can get them from other websites but they either don't send it in an ice pack or they charge you extra for the ice and iherb.com sends it in ice automatically.

also, last monday i used a rephresh because i had one left over and i haven't used it in a while and i just needed some relief even though i knew it wouldn't last. that made me good until friday/saturday and then i took the primadophilus reuteri on monday, so i don't know if the rephresh had anything to do with it. and also i'm still taking b6 vitamins. 100mg complex. i've been taking them for a while so i'm almost positive that they're not really doing anything because i didn't notice anything until after i took the primadophilus. but i'm gonna keep taking the b6 anyway. so that's my story, if you haven't tried the primadophilus reuteri i think you should!! hope everyone is doing well... nice to see some good news from other people too. smile.gif

+Quote Post
arj75
post Oct 17 2007, 05:29 AM
Post #2704

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(jularee @ Oct 17 2007, 01:19 AM) *
just wanted to give you guys a femanol update. today is day 7 of taking it and i can honestly say so far it IS working. after the first couple of days the discharge went away but I still had a slight odor. last night i had sex and surprisingly there was NO SMELL! today the discharge and odor were completely gone. i'm gonna keep my fingers crossed! i really hope this continues to work. i'll keep you updated!

Thats great jularee! Thanks for sharing.

I'm gonna go back to the health food store today and get some more of a probiotic I tried a few months ago, I recall one month when my bv didn't return, and I'm gonna pick some more up of those today. They had a much higher potency then the fem... but they were like $45 bucks a bottle though (I think) They were callled ultimate Flora specialized probiotics for vaginal and urine tracts. I'm still not stinking with the Povidone-Iodine douches I was using..so I think the funk is gone for now. I made up my last mix last night and while I was opening the package...it started squirting out like a high pressure water hose with no one holding on to it. If you all could only see my bathroom ceiling. That stuff is a deep brownish red-orange color. It's everywhere! It's not washing off either. lol.

+Quote Post
jularee
post Oct 16 2007, 11:02 PM
Post #2705

BUSTie

just wanted to give you guys a femanol update. today is day 7 of taking it and i can honestly say so far it IS working. after the first couple of days the discharge went away but I still had a slight odor. last night i had sex and surprisingly there was NO SMELL! today the discharge and odor were completely gone. i'm gonna keep my fingers crossed! i really hope this continues to work. i'll keep you updated!

+Quote Post
jewelscando
post Oct 16 2007, 06:35 PM
Post #2706

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(virgin4life @ Oct 16 2007, 09:27 PM) *
okay lovelife i've got questions. i'm desperate and willing to try.

the oregano oil... does it come in pill form?? taking orally or vaginally??

how much fem dophilis are you taking??
p.s. ur are super amazing to be able to stick to that diet, i couldnt do it. this BV literally drives me to drink. lol

Jewelscando: 500mg pill Flagyl. tried it orally nada. so the vaginally has been working...nice to know. i'm def gonna try that. do u get an RX or off the internet?? know anywhere to buy off the internet?? i think my doc will literally kill me if i go in complaining one more time:( ugh.

Thanks ladies for all the responses.

I buy the Flagyl online, I've posted it here before. Let me know if you need it.

You have to be carefull with it though, because if you use to much, it will aggrevate the kitty, and you'll get a yeast infection from hell. I use 1 500 mg for 2 days straight. Then that's it. It took mine away for over 3 months, until I screwed up and had sex with the cheating ex. Then it came back with a vengeance. I'm still waiting on my flagyl to get here. It takes awhile to get here, because I think it comes from out of the country.

I did try 200mg because that was all I had, then tried 2 of the 200, then 3 of the 200 and NOTHING.

UPDATE THOUGH... Had sex with the new guy this morning, after I made him wait a month by using excuses, and thank god, no smell. I'm taking 2 acidophilus a day along with 2 800mcg of Folic Acid and 2 50mg of B-6. Also, did a peroide wash last night and one again this morning, before seeing my guy. HE DOESN'T KNOW ABOUT MY PROBLEM, AND I DON'T WANT HIM TO KNOW!!! hahaha. But thankfully, there was no smell. THE STRESS WAS KILLING ME!!

+Quote Post
LoveLife
post Oct 16 2007, 04:35 PM
Post #2707

BUSTie

QUOTE(virgin4life @ Oct 16 2007, 02:27 PM) *

p.s. ur are super amazing to be able to stick to that diet, i couldnt do it. this BV literally drives me to drink. lol

Jewelscando: 500mg pill Flagyl. tried it orally nada. so the vaginally has been working...nice to know. i'm def gonna try that. do u get an RX or off the internet?? know anywhere to buy off the internet?? i think my doc will literally kill me if i go in complaining one more time:( ugh.

The oregano oil comes in pill form and tinctures, i recommend the pills just because it's easier. You take it orally. I take one a day in between meals.
But mine says to take 2 separately. Maybe I would up the dose if it came back.

I take 2 fem dophilis in the morning before I eat anything. Lori has a link to the best and cheapest place to buy it online in her blog. It need to be refrigerated.

Just a suggestion, but if you are going to drink, I would maybe try good quality hard alcohol (scotch, whiskey, gin, vodka, rum)? And avoid juices and sodas as mixers (including tonic water! lots of sugar in it.) Maybe try for a diet soda if you have to. I've gotten into good scotch on the rocks and martinis (extra dirty) and gin with soda water and extra lime. You could also go for a bloody mary. No sugar there either. Just some suggestions. smile.gif

As for the diet, thanks! It's hard! smile.gif Honestly though, I think anything helps. So if you think you could eliminate or even cut back on any of those things, I would do whatever you personally feel like you can do. And I think the most important thing is not to get discouraged if you "cheat" on whatever you decide to do too. Or if you forget to take a pill, or whatever. Don't give up and forget about it. Nobody's perfect. Stuff like this takes time and patience for sure.

+Quote Post
virgin4life
post Oct 16 2007, 03:10 PM
Post #2708

BUSTie

+Quote Post
LoveLife
post Oct 16 2007, 01:31 PM
Post #2709

BUSTie

sorry. one more thing (this is ├╝ber long i know! sorry!). I just want to say that i know what worked for me isn't going to work for everyone.
so i'm not saying this is some sort of cure-all. but worth a try! (regardless the diet should make you feel better.)

+Quote Post
LoveLife
post Oct 16 2007, 01:23 PM
Post #2710

BUSTie

Hey'all!

WOO! Awesome news. My BV is GONE! Been on this diet now since my first post, what like 2 months ago?
The diet: no sugar (no juice! very little fruit!), no wheat, no yeast, no really processed foods (i eat a lot of corn chips as snacks though), no vinegar (besides Bragg's Apple Cider), no cheese (mold), no alcohol, and as little dairy as possible (i use soy and rice milk as much as possible). Yes, I cheat sometimes. But I try to cheat smart. Like dark chocolate cuz it has antioxidants and less sugar.

PLUS: Fem Dophilis (2 a day) and Oregano Oil extract (one capsule a day). Plus I used Boric Acid inside for one week when I started it.

I have had BV for over 2 years (and plenty of times before that before it started to never go away with meds).
A note, I have been taking regular acidophilus and bifidus since even before then for tummy issues. They NEVER
worked for the BV, maybe a teeny bit, but whatever.

Seriously advise you guys to try this. Three components to it:
KILL the bacteria: Oregano Oil and Boric Acid
REPOPULATE the good stuff: Fem Dophilis
STARVE the Bacteria so it doesn't come back: the diet

I am amazed! I didn't remember how this felt. I'm so excited. and NO ANTIBIOTICS! Woo! Let's hope it stays this way. I'm staying on this routine for at least another month or two (though I've been cheating way more lately.) And then just try to keep the "bad" stuff to a minimum. (oh and my sex drive is better than ever!)

Seriously ladies. I know a diet is really hard, and taking pills sucks too, but if you're as fed up with this as I was (no sex drive, depressed and frustrated feeling like you'll never be "normal" again). What the heck really? A little determination and you can do it. And don't give up, this is no quick fix. You're gonna have symptoms for a while after you start this esp. depending on how bad your system is.

Oh and attitude too, I hated my vagina. HATED it. I was so mad that it was always getting sick. But then I decided I deserve to and HAVE to love my vag! Nurse it back to good health no matter what. I'm stuck with it forever and we need to be buds. (ok, sorry if that was weird) You CAN get rid of it, but you really have to believe that too. If you think you'll never get rid of it, you probably won't. Your body has a lot more to do with your brain than you think.

I'll keep you updated.

ps. plz be careful with the hydrogen peroxide treatments. i can't imagine it's all that good for you to do it too much. also the antibiotics you use (flagyl, etc.) are killing the good guys too and probably making it harder to get rid of it permanently. for those of us who have had this for a while, I really think it's systematic and you need to take the whole body into consideration and not just the vagina. i think that's a major fault with western medicine.

any thoughts? sorry if this is too posi, being negative didn't work for me, and when i changed my mind, it went away! plz don't think i think that's easy either.
i know its hard, but i do believe in us! oh, and i also don't delude myself into think this will never come back. i expect it to. but this time i'm armed and ready for it.
bacteria, meet an army of me.

+Quote Post
AtMyWitsEnd
post Oct 15 2007, 05:40 PM
Post #2711

Hi Ladies ,

Good news to report. I found these boards a few months ago. Today, I'm finally having success with the Femdophilus(the refrigerated kind). I have been taking the femdophilus for 10days. So far, no discharge or odor. This is the longest I've been BV free in years. I did apply a dose of metrogel the first day to knock out the infection.

My past treatments : multiple course of flagyl(7,10,14day), metrogel (including a 10 day course followed by scheduled dosing 2x/week) ,
hydrogen peroxide douche (burned, brown discharge). BV usually returned within a couple of days if it ever went away at all. with the metrogel I was alternating between BV and yeast infetions - not fun.

It hasn't been long since I've been on the femdophilus, but so far it's working better than anything I've done thus far, so I thought I should share. I'll update again in a few weeks to let you all know if it's still working.

+Quote Post
AtMyWitsEnd
post Oct 15 2007, 05:19 PM
Post #2712

QUOTE(precious83 @ Oct 15 2007, 09:09 AM) *
Do you think other people can smell bv from someone?

I could smell it on myself, so I was definitely self-conscious about others. My roommate actually came out and told me about the smell everytime I went to the bathroom -- I was so embarrassed.

+Quote Post
sunnshyne411
post Oct 15 2007, 03:28 PM
Post #2713

yes, i think that people can smell it pending how bad the infection.

+Quote Post
sunnshyne411
post Oct 15 2007, 03:22 PM
Post #2714

[size="2"][/size]
Hi Ladies,
I feel everyones pain. You know I have been looking for a site that would answer these types of questions for years. I also have chronic BV(6-7 times a year), and this has been going on for 5 years. I am at the point where I dont want to have sex because there is always issues. Some of the people have tried metrogel and it works, but after a while it seems as though the body becomes resistant. I have also used a cream insert called "clindesse(sp?)" and it seemed to work, although pricy. For me I need to know what is the trigger. Some people say that its triggered by sex, but clearly that can't be the only trigger because I have this problem even when I am not active.
So ladies you all have another burning, itching friend. I am on my way now to the pharmacy to get a refill on metrogel. Wish me luck ladies.
Also, where can i get more info on the boric acid capsules?

sunny

+Quote Post
precious83
post Oct 15 2007, 07:52 AM
Post #2715

BUSTie

+Quote Post
dani1983
post Oct 15 2007, 05:15 AM
Post #2716

BUSTie

Ah I know but I'm trying to be veery positive sad.gif
I was reading that one of the busties here was told by her doctor that she has it because her husband's ph is a mismatch with hers? Maybe that's why I (maybe) have it? Since it started when I started having sex with this guy (and a lot of it). Maybe its affecting me because he smokes a LOT of pot? Can tht be a factor?? and when I say a lot I mean a LOT of it, every day.
Anyways, I'm going to call my doctor's office today to see if I can get an appointment asap, or maybe I can go wednesday after picking up my exam results.

+Quote Post
sassy
post Oct 15 2007, 01:54 AM
Post #2717

Hardcore BUSTie

dani1983: I'm only 22 and eat a fairly healthy vegetarian diet and exercise weekly...I have had BV for the past 8 years on and off. It doesn't really discriminate who it chooses to affect and no, it's not easy to get rid of. I suggest reading up on the past posts.

+Quote Post
jewelscando
post Oct 14 2007, 11:33 PM
Post #2718

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(virgin4life @ Oct 14 2007, 09:55 PM) *
Raise of hands:

Whose used Metronidazole??

Did it work??

I used it about 10yrs ago. Worked perfectly. Until 5yrs ago. Then, I used about 3 prescriptions of it, and NOTHING. It worked until the next time I had alot of sex.

I use 500mg pill Flagyl up THERE. That's the only thing I've been able to find that works long term. The Boric Acid works too, temporarily. You just have to keep using it. (DON'T USE THOUGH IF YOU ARE ALERGICE TO SULFER) Which I am, and it gave me a really bad rash.

+Quote Post
dani1983
post Oct 14 2007, 08:51 PM
Post #2719

BUSTie

Grrrrr I had to create a new account because for some reason my older one is not working!(not even when I try to reset the password sad.gif)
anyways!
SO I was just diagnosed with hpv. thank you, ex boyfriend, for such a departure present. I'm pretty sure it was him, for he's the only guy, in the last year' I've had sex with that I didn't use a condom (between this last pap smear and the one before) .
So in the last month I've noticed, after having sex with this guy that I'm dating, that it smells reaaally bad after having sex. Actually not THAT bad, but fishy. I don't have any discharge that I know of, except the usual I've always had. I know that hpv can make you more susceptible to getting infections like this, but come on, to find out I have two things in left than a week? come on! THis is such a bad luck. I'm pretty sure its bacterial vaginosis, because of the smell. Unless hpv's side effects includes a fishy smell too? I have to go on wednesday to the gyno to pick up my result fromthe byopsy they gave me 2 weeks ago, but I don't want to wait until then to start the treatment! I'm young and healthy, so hopefully getting rid of this thing won't be that big of a deal. What do you girls think?
Btw, does any of you know of a cream I can buy over the counter, or of SOMETHING I can get to try to hide this smell or something? This is just depressing me so much, it's so not fair sad.gif damn you, ex boyfriend!

+Quote Post
arj75
post Oct 14 2007, 07:18 PM
Post #2720

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(virgin4life @ Oct 14 2007, 05:55 PM) *
Raise of hands:

Whose used Metronidazole??

Did it work??

Yes, I used it...it worked until I was finished with my period, or had sex.. and then the bv was back..I also used probiotics, various kinds.
So, I guess it is a matter a opinion..if you say it worked or not, I don't count it as "working" if you keep having to take it over and over to clear it up.

+Quote Post

271 Pages V  « < 134 135 136 137 138 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
7 User(s) are reading this topic (7 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: July 25, 2014 - 05:37 PM