The Lounge Guidelines Help Search Members Calendar Blogs

Welcome Guest [ Log In | Register ] ]

271 Pages V  « < 67 68 69 70 71 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Bacterial Vaginosis--or--embarrassing bad smell
heygirl
post Aug 10 2008, 01:30 PM
Post #1361

I'm new here and have had bv for the past 5 years and used to change my pantiliners every hour and have to wash up at worked all the time until the last 2 years. I now just take the vandazole twice a month. Yes this doesn't cure it but it stops the symptoms. I do it this way so I don't have to go to the doctors all the time. I ask my doctor for a refill rx and only go to the doctors once a year. Right now I use it when I get symptoms which are usually a week before I come on and then I use it again right on the last day I am coming off. I haven't had a smell since i have done it that way. I still hate that I have to use it every month but at least I don't smell anymore.

I was also looking on the fda website http://www.fda.gov/cder/consumerinfo/whatsrightforyou.htm and was wondering if we could start a petition to have vandazole (or another name is metrogel)as an over the counter drug because this seems to happen more than yeast infections.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mg86
post Aug 9 2008, 08:49 PM
Post #1362

BUSTie

ok girls,

I have a gross and embarrassing question, but I just have to ask. when you say you have an odor, how do you know? I mean is it coming through your clothes, smell it when you go to the bathroom, smell your underwear, or smelling the discharge directly?

I ask because there is a CHANCE I may be BV free. I still have discharge...but I think it may be normal. I'm not so sure. The way I look at my discharge is kind of wipe that area with my finger, then I check to see if it has an odor. This discharge seems a lot less thick than what I have before, but does have s light smell. There was itching for a little bit, but now it's gone. There is discharge on my underwear (which smells normal as far as I can tell), but that seems to look like what it did ever since I hit puberty. lol

I mean I used to get a sick odor if I shifted positions sitting down, like a rotting odor, that I no longer have. I know the obvious answer is go to a doctor to be sure, but I just moved and I don't have a regular gyno yet.

+Quote Post
greeneyyes
post Aug 9 2008, 12:47 PM
Post #1363

BUSTie

Hey,
I have not posted in a while but wanted to share my progess. I have suffered with bv for at least 10 years and I FINALLY found something that is working for me - I convinced my doctor to give me one last round of antibiotics since they tend to work for me for at least 3 days after I finish the prescription. I continued to take one fem-dolph once a day even though it did not work for me alone. I ordered bio-fem from the UK (kinda like aci-jel, I read about it here) and I use it after sex and I am free. Including shipping the bio-fem costs me around 37.00.
I just wanted to share what is working for me and I will be sure to update. Be strong ladies and find what will work for you

+Quote Post
bianca black
post Aug 8 2008, 01:37 AM
Post #1364

QUOTE(JJ27 @ Aug 6 2008, 02:41 PM) *
K my cultures came back and I have Gardenella which is aka BV. I took Clindesse and felt better but now I don't feel a 100% and took a diflucan just in case I'm baking bread (yeast LOL). I went back to femdophillus last week. Any suggestions cause my Gyno has no clue. No surprise there and I would like to guide him. I never took Flagyl. I will research it.

hey jj27-

I had recurrent bv for about a year. I tried many kinds of antibiotics, yogurt, acv, etc, etc. It would always come back. Then I got a sinus infection and was prescribed Avelox by my ear, nose and throat doc. It was very expensive (about $120 for seven pills, no generic available) and it made me nauseous as hell. At the end of the treatment, my sinus infection was cured and my bv was also gone, never to be seen again (it has been 7 months)!!! I told my gyno about this and he said he didn't know about Avelox, so go figure. I also did not take any preventative steps toward possible yeast infection, and Avelox did not give me one. Hope this info helps.

+Quote Post
JJ27
post Aug 6 2008, 02:41 PM
Post #1365

BUSTie

K my cultures came back and I have Gardenella which is aka BV. I took Clindesse and felt better but now I don't feel a 100% and took a diflucan just in case I'm baking bread (yeast LOL). I went back to femdophillus last week. Any suggestions cause my Gyno has no clue. No surprise there and I would like to guide him. I never took Flagyl. I will research it.

+Quote Post
damselindistress
post Aug 5 2008, 09:12 AM
Post #1366

BUSTie

QUOTE(sooo sad @ Aug 5 2008, 09:27 AM) *
aci-gel is a gel that maintains the vaginal enviroment at the right ph...i believe at 4.0-4.5.
when it is above that it invites bad bacteria to multiply fast!!! you can get it only with a prescription in the united states but i ordered it from united kingdom without a script and shipping is about 7-10 days. i've tried the tto thing and it did the same discharge to me that you described, i might do it again if this aci-gel doesn't work.

Thanks for the reply. I'm gonna let you be the guinea pig. Let me know how the aci-gel thing works out. It sounds like it might be a little less messy, but more expensive than my $4 bottle of TTO. Best of luck and keep me posted!

+Quote Post
sooo sad
post Aug 5 2008, 08:27 AM
Post #1367

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(damselindistress @ Aug 5 2008, 08:39 AM) *
Good luck to you too! Hey, what's aci-gel? I haven't heard of that one.

aci-gel is a gel that maintains the vaginal enviroment at the right ph...i believe at 4.0-4.5.
when it is above that it invites bad bacteria to multiply fast!!! you can get it only with a prescription in the united states but i ordered it from united kingdom without a script and shipping is about 7-10 days. i've tried the tto thing and it did the same discharge to me that you described, i might do it again if this aci-gel doesn't work.

+Quote Post
damselindistress
post Aug 5 2008, 07:39 AM
Post #1368

BUSTie

QUOTE(sooo sad @ Aug 4 2008, 12:35 PM) *
awww honnie!!!

i'm soooo happy for you! i hope i found my cure too. what i did was 20 days, YES 20 days of metrogel then i did a couple days of femdophilus vaginally and orally. i have been taking it orally everyday since april. discharge is alot less, but still there. not so much to the point that i have to wear a pantiliner. i also started aci-gel as a maintenance thing with femd vaginally. i just started my period and it's not as bad as before, like the smell and discharge. hopefully we beat this damn bv from hell!!!

keep us update sweetie!!! good luck!!

sooo sad

Good luck to you too! Hey, what's aci-gel? I haven't heard of that one.

+Quote Post
sooo sad
post Aug 4 2008, 11:35 AM
Post #1369

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(damselindistress @ Aug 4 2008, 09:23 AM) *
I'm telling you guys - the tea tree thing is working out. I was able to cancel an appt with dr this morning....symptoms gone. After the last period, the yucky stuff came. I used the tea tree for two days, then a probiotic tablet I found at the health food store, vaginally, for two days.....no more abnormal discharge. I'm so thrilled I just had to share. I may have found my miracle.

awww honnie!!!

i'm soooo happy for you! i hope i found my cure too. what i did was 20 days, YES 20 days of metrogel then i did a couple days of femdophilus vaginally and orally. i have been taking it orally everyday since april. discharge is alot less, but still there. not so much to the point that i have to wear a pantiliner. i also started aci-gel as a maintenance thing with femd vaginally. i just started my period and it's not as bad as before, like the smell and discharge. hopefully we beat this damn bv from hell!!!

keep us update sweetie!!! good luck!!

sooo sad

+Quote Post
damselindistress
post Aug 4 2008, 08:23 AM
Post #1370

BUSTie

I'm telling you guys - the tea tree thing is working out. I was able to cancel an appt with dr this morning....symptoms gone. After the last period, the yucky stuff came. I used the tea tree for two days, then a probiotic tablet I found at the health food store, vaginally, for two days.....no more abnormal discharge. I'm so thrilled I just had to share. I may have found my miracle.

+Quote Post
neverending
post Aug 3 2008, 01:49 PM
Post #1371

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(jewelscando @ Jul 19 2008, 03:23 AM) *
Well... You might ONLY be safer with BORIC ACID, if you are not ALERGIC TO IT!!! Once again, if you are alergice to the antibiotic "Bactrim" or any Sulfer/sulpher type products, DO NOT USE BORIC ACID. 1st off, boric acid has been proven by most ladies on this board, that it does not CURE BV. It only takes the symptoms away, just for them to return, in most cases.

I tried TTO, I can't even tell you, what, 6 months ago now??? Whens the last time I posted?? I've been suffering from BV for over 6yrs. And mine, is 100% gone. And I have not used a TTO suppository for close to 4-5 months. I can't even remember because it's been so long.

With Boric Acid, I broke out in a rash on my arms, forehead, and my legs. A rash so bad that the sores were bleeding. So, Just as we can warn everyone about all products, CHECK WITH YOUR DOCTOR FIRST. We found the Idea of the TTO Suppositories from a poster here, who's doctor prescribed it for her!

So, I am still going strong!! No BV for me, and it's all been thanks to the person who posted the TTO Supositories!!

I'm so happy to here the FemD is working for so many of you!! Congratulations!!

Also, I no longer lurk, and hardly post. And refuse to stress... I think those things have also helped with my recovery!!!

Good luck ladies!!!

Hey Jewels,

I'm glad to see you still here. I see a lot of new girls are here it's a good thing and t's a bad thing. Anyway, things are the same here but I'm sure it will get better one day. I'm not really concerned about anything. Anyway, I hope all is well ladies. Things will get better. smile.gif

+Quote Post
princesspoppy
post Jul 30 2008, 08:08 AM
Post #1372

QUOTE(lori @ Jul 30 2008, 01:53 AM) *
Thanks for sharing, princesspoppy.

Has your niece been taking any probiotics? A lot of ladies in here have gotten relief from Fem-dophilus. It might help, and couldn't hurt - it should be safe to use, even for children. (Of course, that should be confirmed with her doctor first.)

In any case, best of luck to your niece. You're a very nice aunt to keep track of her health like that! smile.gif

She hasn't been taking any probiotics inserted vaginally, due to the fact that her mom doesn't want to insert anything up there since she's only 10. But I will tell her to check with her dr. about the Fem-doph. She does take oral probiotics, but I know that's not the same type. We found out that with the duplicated system, it can cause constant dribbling of urine, which makes sense that the bacteria would just continue to grow. She is going in for a urinary ultrasound next week and then the urologist said he will want to do exploratory surgery with the option of surgical correction if he determines that one of the extra tubes is leaking. So, hopefully once he repairs it, her problems with BV and Strep A will go away. We can only hope, otherwise she is going to have a long miserable life with these problems, as many of you have had. I was looking duplicated systems on the net and found a case study of a 45 year old woman, who just all of a sudden developed problems with it. So any of you suffering from BV/Strep/or both should talk to your dr. about it, because it is possible that you could have this problem which may be contributing to your BV. They will probably poopoo the idea but don't let them nix it. Demand an appt. with a urologist and have an IVP done to find out for sure. It couldn't hurt. If they find nothing then atleast you'll know for sure. If they do find that you have a duplicated system, maybe they can surgically correct it which might help with your BV. I know I myself have had BV before, most of the time it went away on its own, maybe once or twice I had to get medication for it. I think with my niece, her vaginal flora is so messed up from the constant urine dribbling that the immune system of her vagina is just unable to do it's job and fight off the bacteria. It makes sense to me anyway!!! I'm just really hoping that this will resolve her problems. She is the only girl of triplets that took my brother and sis-in-law 16 years to have, so she's just a little special to us!!!! Not that any child would be less special!! My only other niece died at the age of 11 due to congenital heart disease back in 1989, so that makes her even more special to me having lost my only other niece. (that was back when they just started doing heart transplants and the survival rate wasn't as good as it is today) Anyway, kinda got off topic there, but thanks for listening. I pray for all of you that you will find your answers and finally get the help you so need. My heart goes out to you all, hang in there and don't give up. There has got to be an answer for you!!

+Quote Post
lori
post Jul 30 2008, 12:53 AM
Post #1373

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(princesspoppy @ Jul 28 2008, 08:49 AM) *
Apparently, whatever is going on with her urinary system is causing the bacteria to constantly grow, over and over again. I just felt so bad for all of you after reading your stories, that I just had to write and tell you's about this, just in case you might have the same problem as my niece. It's worth talking to your dr. about and don't let them tell you that you would have noticed it a long time ago.

Thanks for sharing, princesspoppy.

Has your niece been taking any probiotics? A lot of ladies in here have gotten relief from Fem-dophilus. It might help, and couldn't hurt - it should be safe to use, even for children. (Of course, that should be confirmed with her doctor first.)

In any case, best of luck to your niece. You're a very nice aunt to keep track of her health like that! smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
princesspoppy
post Jul 28 2008, 10:49 AM
Post #1374

I've been reading your posts as I am looking for help for my 10 year old niece who has been suffering with BV for 2 years now. Yes, 10 year old!! She also was just recently diagnosed with Vaginal Strep A (not strep cool.gif She has been suffering terribly for 2 years now, having been treated with Bactrim and Keflex for the strep. Well, just today, the doctor called with the results of an IVP, where they checked her anatomy for a duplicated system. Which is urological, like bladder, kidney, ureter, etc. She has duplicated kidneys and a duplicated collecting system and swollen kidneys. So, I was just thinking that it would probably be rare, but maybe some of you ladies that are having trouble with the BV also have a duplicated system?? The urologist said that even tho you are born with it, it may not cause problems ever, or may show up causing problems later in life. Also, my niece complained of being constantly wet down there, calling it "bubbles". She also has the usual BV discharge, horrible discharge. She has been miserable, but hopefully now if they can fix the duplicated system, maybe she'll stop having the BV and Strep A. Being as that she is only 10, they haven't given her any type of treatment that is inserted vaginally, as her hymen is still intact and they HAVE ruled out sexual abuse so, it's not being caused from sex, multiple partners or smoking to answer some of your questions. Apparently, whatever is going on with her urinary system is causing the bacteria to constantly grow, over and over again. I just felt so bad for all of you after reading your stories, that I just had to write and tell you's about this, just in case you might have the same problem as my niece. It's worth talking to your dr. about and don't let them tell you that you would have noticed it a long time ago. My niece didn't have any problems until she was 8. Some drs think that it would show up as a baby but hers didn't. Good luck to all of you, I will check in from time to time to see if this has helped any of you. I don't wish that any of you have a duplicated system, but atleast if that's what's causing your BV, you will finally have some kind of an answer. Take care and God Bless!!!

+Quote Post
mg86
post Jul 26 2008, 10:59 AM
Post #1375

BUSTie

just a little rant/vent session here:

Well like I said in my last post I had been treated with Flagyl orally twice a day for 10 days, and also Clindesse. I had a very weird discharge coming out, and at my follow up appointment my doc said it was still the Clindesse coming out. A week past and I thought there is NO way there is still that much cream in my body. It was completely different from BV with very intense itching. I was pretty certain it was a yeast infection. I was in the middle of a move and couldn't make it to the doctor, so I tried to get him to call in a prescription for Diflucan. THe nurse said she would talk to him, but it was never called in.

Once I moved to my new apartment (a week ago) I went out and bought Monistat day or night for yeast infection. This seemed to clear up the itching. A day or two later, I started my period. It was heavy for a day or two and now it is on the verge of ending. I don't know how your guys' periods are, but I always bleed heavy for a day or two, sort of light/regular for another day, and then I will go a day or two with nothing. Then out of nowhere comes a little more bleeding before it finally finishes.

I am SO nervous for my period to end. I had been taking FemD, but I accidentally left it behind during my move (ugh!). Right now since I am not actively bleeding I am obsessively checking and smelling. There is a little discharge and I think it might have a smell but I'm not sure. I am just SO frustrated because I really thought it was gone for good.

I wish you all luck!!! If it does come back I am making sure my new ob gyn knows what the hell they are talking about!!!!!!!!!!

+Quote Post
dirtyprettything
post Jul 25 2008, 09:42 AM
Post #1376

BUSTie

QUOTE(melis19750 @ Jul 23 2008, 12:01 PM) *
1) sometimes itching
2) pain/ burning off and on in the vagina (somewhat like a yeast infection)
3) lots of clear, yellow, or white discharge (the white discharge was thick like people describe BV to be like)
4) sometimes no symptoms at all.

Those are my exact symptoms. Hrm. I will definitely have to look into this.

+Quote Post
JJ27
post Jul 25 2008, 08:03 AM
Post #1377

BUSTie

Wow, thank you so much for your post!!!! I posted a long time ago that I never had the smell everyone was talking about but all other symptoms they mentioned. Last week I treated myself thinking it was a yeast infection because of the burning/itchy feeling (which I've never had before) and now this week I have BV symptoms. So I think... My symptoms are burning inside, itchy outside, a slight soupy white discharge, bloatedness, and when I go to the bathroom air comes out of my VAJJ (I call them p*ssy farts LOL). What do you guys think? I made an appt w/the Gyno for Monday and will tell him about this GPS. Thanks! tongue.gif

QUOTE(melis19750 @ Jul 23 2008, 11:01 AM) *
Group B Strep

Hi ladies
so I went to a new OBGYN
because I was frustrated with my old one.

My cultures- all of them came back in
I DON'T HAVE Bacterial Vaginosis. I never did!
she even specifically cultured me for it this time, and did 3 other cultures for yeast, GBS, a bacterial swab, etc;
and tested my pH

My pH was NORMAL

so got my results, it turns out I have Group B Strep over growth.

which is a normal bacteria found in many (about 40%) of healthy womens vagina's
I have dealt with GBS over growth on and off since 2002, so Im very aware of this.

PLEASE make sure to get cultured

especially if you have A) NO FISHY SMELL and cool.gif NORMAL pH RANGE
because usually with GBS you don't have those

Im never again going back to the old NP- she mis diagnosed me with "BV"
when I never had unbalanced pH and no fishy smell..
just "clue cells"

you ladies need to know "clue cells" are white blood cells. Which when there are too many WBC's
it indicates an "infection"
it does not always mean "BV"

so if you do not have a "fishy smell"
request several cultures

they now offer a culture for "Bacterial Vaginosis"
which I had done this time with the new OBGYN

my symtpoms of GBS vaginitis;

1) sometimes itching
2) pain/ burning off and on in the vagina (somewhat like a yeast infection)
3) lots of clear, yellow, or white discharge (the white discharge was thick like people describe BV to be like)
4) sometimes no symptoms at all.

+Quote Post
JJ27
post Jul 25 2008, 07:55 AM
Post #1378

BUSTie

Hi!

I know it's been a long time. I hope everyone is doing well. I had to respond because I have been smoke free for one year and seven months and I started getting BV after I quit!!! Silly me went off the Femdophillus and guess what? It's baaaaaaaack. My opinion is it's all about your vaginal flora your PH and keeping it neutral. Be well!

QUOTE(cmolaison @ Jul 23 2008, 04:38 PM) *
I would really like to know how many of you smoke cigarettes. Please respond and let me know. Keep reading and I will tell you why I am asking.

I suffered with BV for atleast 6 years. Notice I said suffered and not suffers. Meaning I no longer have BV. There is hope!

I was first diagnosed with BV about 6 or 7 years ago during a routine pap smear. The nurse called me a week or so later saying she was calling in a script of antibiotics(Flagyl) and that I needed to take 2 times a day for 7 days because I had Bacterial Vaginosis. I said "baterial who". I just knew my husband at the time had given me some kind of STD. She went on to explain that it was a ph imbalance in my vagina and you ladies know the rest of the story blah blah blah. I took the round of antibiotics and never got it again until about a year or so later. Ever since I had it the second time I was unable to get rid of it. Everytime I had sex with my husband or had my period that awful fissy smell was there. I have tried every home remedy I could find. I have tried every prescription drug and OTC drug and none cured me. A lot of them gave me false hope. Some worked for a little while others did not work at all. Below is a list of the treatments I tried:
Acidophillus, folic acid, hydrogen peroxide douche, vitamin c, garlic in vagina, boric acid, apple cidar vinegar baths, rePhresh, Flagyl, Clindesse, Metrogel and believe me many more.

I quit smoking cigarettes and I have not had BV one time since!!! I quit smoking cold turkey because my new gyno said that smoking cigarettes was probably my reason for it not going away. I told her all the things I had tried and she said quit smoking and see what happens. Of course it is hard to quit smoking but believe me it is well worth it. I have my sex life back and everytime I think about smoking a cigarette, I think about that awful fishing smell reeking out of my vagina.

Please respond and let me know how many of you smoke and if any of you quit smoking and still have it.

+Quote Post
melis19750
post Jul 24 2008, 08:15 PM
Post #1379

Hardcore BUSTie

[quote name='melis19750' date='Jul 23 2008, 11:01 AM' post='205631']
Group B Strep

so i have been doing some more research
this may help for those whom have GBS vaginitis... but check with your health care provider first

http://www.birthwithlove.com/categories/it...L+SKIN+CLEANSER

+Quote Post
lori
post Jul 24 2008, 07:50 PM
Post #1380

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(ladyheart @ Jul 24 2008, 04:33 PM) *
hey everyone...i was wondering if ANYONE could shed some light on exactly the symptoms they got. i have odor with my discharge and though the discharge is all white i know it isnt right. ive had sex with only my boyfriend for two years and no one before that. today i went for a yearly pap and she tested me for chlamydia. yikes! im just gunna be a nervous wreck till i get the results back...i hope hope hope itll be ok.
sad.gif

Hi ladyheart! Don't be nervous. It will be okay.

Chlamydia/gonorrhea tests are very routine. Everyone gets those tests. If the tests are positive, then ... you'll take some antibiotics. Just make sure to get treated, and ... have a chat with your boyfriend, who will need to be treated as well.

But don't worry. It's not the end of the world, either way. You'll be fine. Good for you for going in for an exam.

--------------------

+Quote Post

271 Pages V  « < 67 68 69 70 71 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: October 1, 2014 - 12:21 PM