The Lounge Guidelines Help Search Members Calendar Blogs

Welcome Guest [ Log In | Register ] ]

271 Pages V  « < 235 236 237 238 239 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Bacterial Vaginosis--or--embarrassing bad smell
i_hate_sports
post Oct 24 2006, 07:39 PM
Post #4721

Hi girls. New and wanting to catch up. Hope this isn't too personal. Please answer only what you are comfortable with. Sara

1. age?
2. how long have you been battling BV?
3. married/ LT relationship or sexually active with more than 1 partner or not sexually active or other
4. main symptoms?.
5. rate odor on scale 1-10 1-being no smell at all 10- horrific
6. rate discharge 1-10 1- being normal vaginal discharge 10- extreme- .
7. what have you tried to get rid of BV? What has your partner tried?
8. what do you think originally caused your BV? (if you think you know)
9. what birth control are you using, if any?
10. how many drs. have you been to regarding this problem and you experiences?
11. thongs or regular panties?

My answers:
1. I'm 25
2. battling about 6 months
3. married for 1.5 years same partner for 5 years
4. not a bad smell just a really bad thin grayish discharge
5. odor 2- regular vaginal smell
6. discharge 7 or 8 wet . panties, annoying, always there, always thinking about it
7. I've been on metronidazol twice (1 wk and 2wks) currently husband and I are on cleocin. Also tried vaginal yogurt injections
8. don't know cause, maybe nuvaring?
9. been on nuvaring for 2.5 years, just took it out last night for good.
10. doctor, okay, but not super understanding. Feel weird about really telling him about my problems. Don't feel like he really would understand if I told him about yogurt or another natural cure I wanted to try.
10. thongs for last 10 years

QUOTE(jewelscando @ Oct 24 2006, 09:25 PM) *

Finally went and had the blood work done today. So hopefully I'll know something in the next few days. Rash is still bad on my arms. And slightly better on the forehead. B.V. is very strong, but I haven't gone back on the boric yet. Was waiting until after the blood work. Anyways, just wanted to keep my girls posted!!

Thinking of you. Hope its okay. Keep us posted.

Sara
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
jewelscando
post Oct 24 2006, 07:08 PM
Post #4722

Hardcore BUSTie

Finally went and had the blood work done today. So hopefully I'll know something in the next few days. Rash is still bad on my arms. And slightly better on the forehead. B.V. is very strong, but I haven't gone back on the boric yet. Was waiting until after the blood work. Anyways, just wanted to keep my girls posted!!

+Quote Post
Aggravated
post Oct 23 2006, 04:43 PM
Post #4723

BUSTie

Thank you for the response mfc10. Thank you all for being here. I really thought I was the only one with this problem. I thought something was really wrong with me. I wish us all luck in finding the cure!

+Quote Post
i_hate_sports
post Oct 23 2006, 02:27 PM
Post #4724

Hey girls. Thanks for all the help and info. My doc called in cleocin for me and my husband today. I just took the first one and I am feeling hopeful.

My husband is in grad school and lives and hour and a half away (during the week). I wasn't going to see him until this weekend but I just decided to drive down there tonight to give him his half of the pills.

crossing my fingers,
Sara

+Quote Post
Eralc Alegna
post Oct 23 2006, 01:59 PM
Post #4725

BUSTie

vaginal odor no more

Heres the link, sign up to get the free "book" and a link will be sent in an e-mail. Good for those of us just starting the fight and who may not be as informed. If you've been plauged for years skip to page 17 for the remedies. the info may not be new to some of us but can't hurt to take a peek.

WARNING! There is a graphic pic of an infected vagina. Proceed with caution when reading if you would like to avoid this!

+Quote Post
Eralc Alegna
post Oct 23 2006, 01:35 PM
Post #4726

BUSTie

QUOTE(i_hate_sports @ Oct 22 2006, 05:59 PM) *

I have been on it for about 2 years and just started with the BV about 6 months ago. Do you guys think I should take it out and go back on the pill?
Has anyone had success with Cleocin cream? I am calling my doctor tomorrow to request it. I feel like he thinks I am a weirdo for still having this.
Thanks for any info on MetroGel.
Did it help with the discharge? I don't really have a bad smell but an outrageous amount of discharge.

Sara

If the ring caused no problems before I wouldn't worry about it. Hormones have an effect as neverending has proven but I'm assuming only in menopuase or imbalance cases. I would like to get mine checked.
I've done cleocin before when I first had BV. It was one of about 6 treatments I had in as many months. I don't think it did much. It was sandwiched between metronidazol treatments.
Metrogel worsens discharge during tratment, just because theres twice as much up there, but it's helping in theory so don't worry about it. it just gets lumpy and thick. "wet tissue paper" is how they describe it.
Boric has helped minimally with smell and discharge for me after about three weeks. I'm going to keep at it until i run out and if that fails go back to metrogel. I have about 3 boxes because my gyno put me on it for 6 weeks in the spring. it came back after a month though.
I found some online brochure about cheap home treatments for BV. I don't know how legit this is though. I'll post a link if it's worthwhile.
I'm going back to the doc tomorrow morning for the HPV Vaccine and a culture. I'm seeing my normal docs nurse so maybe she'll be more helpful and sympathetic. I hate the other guy but only as much as all the others. I'll tell about the boric and all...

Good luck to the newbies and welcome!

+Quote Post
mfc10
post Oct 23 2006, 01:16 PM
Post #4727

BUSTie

[quote name='Aggravated' date='Oct 22 2006, 08:05 PM' post='113979']

Again, can anyone tell me if the boric acid helps with discharge or just with the odor?
Thanks! [quote}

Dear Aggravated:

Yes, boric acid vaginal capsules will help with the discharge, since it wipes out the bacteria species causing the discharge & odor.

Maggie C.

+Quote Post
i_hate_sports
post Oct 23 2006, 06:42 AM
Post #4728

Aggravated

Hi, thanks for the info. I have taken the metronidazole twice, first for one week, then for two weeks. It didn't change anything for me either. I am calling today to try to get the Metrogel. I was totally freaking out last night after discovering this board. I didn't realize that there were so many other people who can't get rid of it and it really upset me. Its comforting, but its scary that I may have the bigger problem of always having it.

I called my mom and told her everything that's been going one and she just kind of didn't get it. She was nice, but was blaming the most random things. And acting like it was my fault because I wear thongs. I mean, maybe she is right but its just so weird because I have been wearing thong underwear for 10 years. I didn't change anything when this happened. I have the same diet, same underwear, same husband, same birth control, same hygiene habits. WHY ME? I did take out my nuvaring last night and I am praying to God maybe that was the cause and I will be able to get every thing back in check.

thanks again,
Sara

+Quote Post
Aggravated
post Oct 22 2006, 05:48 PM
Post #4729

BUSTie

i hate sports:
Sorry, I forgot to tell you, I didn't notice any discharge the first time I had BV. I just had the fishy smell the first time. The MetroGel took the smell away and I had no discharge. The only reason I knew the BV came back is because the discharge started (with no smell), and I went back to the doctor.
Again, can anyone tell me if the boric acid helps with discharge or just with the odor?
Thanks!

+Quote Post
Aggravated
post Oct 22 2006, 05:37 PM
Post #4730

BUSTie

i hate sports:
MetroGel is a gel containing metronidazole that is inserted vaginally. The tube of gel comes with 5 applicators and is taken once at bedtime for five days (but my doctor told me to wash out 2 of the applicators and use it for 7 days because there is enough gel in the tube for that). The first time I used it, the smell went away the first day (I had the fishy odor the first time, but not since) and the BV was gone for about 5 or 6 months. When the BV came back, I used the gel again...used another 3 tubes throughout the summer, but never had any success again. I just finished 2 weeks of the oral form of metrnidazole and had no success with that either. If you try it, I wish you luck!

+Quote Post
i_hate_sports
post Oct 22 2006, 04:42 PM
Post #4731

Hey girls. I'm new here and stumbled upon you while researching the hell of BV.

Help! I have had BV for several months and have been on antibiotics twice. Just finished them last week and its already back. I have tried putting yogurt in my vagina on a nightly basis but that hasn't helped either.

I am on Nuvaring for birth control. Its a plastic ring that you keep in your vagina for three weeks and it slowly releases an even low dose of hormones. I have been on it for about 2 years and just started with the BV about 6 months ago. Do you guys think I should take it out and go back on the pill?

Has anyone had success with Cleocin cream? I am calling my doctor tomorrow to request it. I feel like he thinks I am a weirdo for still having this.

Any thoughts are appreciated. I have read lots and lots of past posts that were very informative.

Thanks,
Sara

Hey, new here and still learning. What is MetroGel? I thankfully don't have the smell either just the discharge. Its so horrible though. Its a huge problem. I've had this for about 6 months and been on antibiotics twice. It helped for a couple of days and now its back. I would love for it to go away forever but 5 or 6 months would be great.

Thanks for any info on MetroGel.
Sara

Did it help with the discharge? I don't really have a bad smell but an outrageous amount of discharge.

Sara

+Quote Post
autumnbreeze
post Oct 22 2006, 04:20 PM
Post #4732

BUSTie

Hello Ladies...I am a newbie and I am so glad I found this forum!! I have been dealing with BV for the past 4 years. I think the vicious cycle began after I had a tooth pulled and was prescribed an antibiotic. I have been to 3 different GYN's and have taken the Metrogel & Flagyl but the BV comes back after a few days. I've tried rePHresh & it didn't work either. I thought something was wrong with me. It is a relief to know that other women have the same issues and I'm not some freak of nature! This thing is so personal and embarrassing, nobody talks about it. We suffer in silence, yet BV is more common than a yeast infection. Anyway, I've read thru the threads and made notes of various treatments that may temporarily keep the BV at bay. I got some tips from some other sites and a few days ago I've began my own regimen..I'm trying this for 14 days. I will definitely let you all know if this works. Thanks for sharing your experiences and PLEASE keep this thread going!

Pau D'arco & water douche (one time). I bought the bark from a health food store..only cost 80 cents per ounce
1 cup Pau D'arco tea (daily)
1 capsule (orally, each day) Ultimate Flora Critical Care w/50 billion "good" cultures per capsule $15
Hydrogen Peroxide douche (daily--at bedtime) 30 mL (about 6 teaspoons) I did not dilute it with water
Vitamin C 1000mg (orally) I didn't just start this, I've been taking Vit C for years
On one night, instead of the peroxide douche, I inserted an Ultimate Flora capsule, then resumed as usual the next day. So far, the smell is lighter and the discharge has changed from gray to a light tan color.
Wish me luck. If this doesn't work, I will try using 250mg Vitamin C vaginally.

+Quote Post
jewelscando
post Oct 22 2006, 11:06 AM
Post #4733

Hardcore BUSTie

I don't have a rash on or near my vagina. Only both arms from my elbow down to my hands, on the top of my arms, and all over my forehead down to my temples, and a little bit on my chest.

Have a massive head and chest cold today. I swear, if it's not one thing, it's another.

+Quote Post
chachaheels
post Oct 20 2006, 04:43 AM
Post #4734

Hardcore BUSTie

Jewels, the stiff neck with WNV comes from enlarged glands at the base of the skull--it's the back of the neck that feels stiff and is actually swollen. Whenever I feel those glands swell I think the infection is serious because it is so close to the brain in that location.

Also, if you have a rash around the vaginal area, you can check out the glands in the inguinal area to see if they're swollen too (these are the glands you'll find where the thighs join the trunk). Sometimes they feel painful if they're swollen.

I hope it isn't west nile.

--------------------
May suitable doses of guaranteed sensual pleasure and slow, long-lasting enjoyment preserve us from the contagion of the multitude who mistake frenzy for efficiency.

+Quote Post
neverending
post Oct 19 2006, 10:40 PM
Post #4735

Hardcore BUSTie

Aggravated: Welcome to the board!

+Quote Post
jewelscando
post Oct 19 2006, 07:04 PM
Post #4736

Hardcore BUSTie

FYI, a co worker of mine watched the news last night and there was a lady on there who developed a rash, which looked like mine. After 2 months of endless doctors visits of getting the same B.S. I did, (alergic to products, alergic to something) they finally ran some more tests and found out she had WEST NILE VIRUS. Right before I got this rash, I had been eaten alive by masquitos on my legs. Never put two and two together because I though you got deathly ill with West Nile. Obviously I was wrong. Another symptom is a stiff neck. Hence, my strangling feeling?? Anyways, I have a call in to the doctor, to be tested for West Nile. So, I will keep you all posted.

+Quote Post
Aggravated
post Oct 19 2006, 06:34 PM
Post #4737

BUSTie

I recently found this site. It's so nice to know that I'm not alone in this. I'm not a freak! I've been fighting BV for nearly a year now.
I've been on the same brand of birth control pills since I was 16 (I'm now 33), and I don't recall any change in my diet or my habits around the time this started. I don't know what caused it or why it won't go away. Before this I had had one yeast infection my entire life! Why did I get this?!?!
The MetroGel worked the first time I used it. The BV came back after 4 or 5 months and hasn't really gone away since. I just finished two weeks of Metronidazole pills with NO change.
My problem is a little different from most in that I have no bad smell (I did the first time, but not since). I mainly just have a problem with discharge. I've been reading the posts about boric acid and am thinking of giving it a try. Does it just work for the smell or does it make the discharge go away too?
Thanks for any help you can give me...newbie

+Quote Post
Eralc Alegna
post Oct 19 2006, 04:26 PM
Post #4738

BUSTie

QUOTE(klee @ Oct 18 2006, 04:33 PM) *

I was definitely on my way to a full blown infection after my period and after using a mild acv vaginal wash...not really a douche but did some yoga in my shower to get it in the kitty. I did this w/just salt water for two days which helped inflammation and yesterday w/salt and acv.

How do you make the ACV wash and the salt water wash? Meaning what are the measurements, and also how have you been administering them? For how long and how many times a day?

Let's get specific here people! Theres no risk of TMI on this thread and we're all willing to try ANYTHING!
I gave the potato a whirl yesterday. Theres a bit of improvement but that had started previously. I think the boric has helped a bit. There doesn't seem to be so much discharge and the smell isn't as pungent.

+Quote Post
latinrican
post Oct 19 2006, 03:11 PM
Post #4739

BUSTie

Fedup....

When I started using Boric Acid...It worked instantly. The smell was gone the next day.

+Quote Post
chachaheels
post Oct 19 2006, 01:09 PM
Post #4740

Hardcore BUSTie

fedup, have you had any kind of diagnostic tests done? Your symptoms may not be BV, as there are so many other ailments with similar symptoms. Also, boric acid treatments usually go at least 2 weeks, at 600g boric acid per suppository, usually one or two times a day. You might have to give it more time--but if you haven't ruled out other ailments, you may be using the boric acid in vain.

Neverending, Blood pressure should be taken at least 3 times in your doctor's office before you can get a "true" reading. Most patients experience some kind of anxiety (white coat syndrome) which causes the gauge to record a false blood pressure reading. I usually take it at the beginning, a few minutes later when we're talking about something else, and once again before we wrap up. To get a real idea of what someone's blood pressure is really doing, I ask people to monitor their blood pressure for 2 weeks straight, and record their numbers. Then we take an average. I hope yours isn't elevated for any reason other than the typical anxiety most people feel.

Boric acid is an antiseptic disinfectant. It stops fermentation and putrefaction. That is one reason why it works.

--------------------
May suitable doses of guaranteed sensual pleasure and slow, long-lasting enjoyment preserve us from the contagion of the multitude who mistake frenzy for efficiency.

+Quote Post

271 Pages V  « < 235 236 237 238 239 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
4 User(s) are reading this topic (4 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: July 31, 2014 - 12:02 AM