Welcome Guest [ Log In | Register ] ]

294 Pages V  « < 27 28 29 30 31 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> BustSecret: Ordinary Confessions from Extraordinary Busties
girltrouble
post Nov 18 2009, 03:26 AM
Post #561

new highs in personal lows daily!

if I don't pay attention to him...he does all the stuff he knows he's not supposed to do- chew the plants, chew the drawstring off the garbage bags, scratch the rug, threaten to jump on top of the bookcases- he's got a whole routine, and he won't quit until he gets what he wants.
He was constantly peeing on my mom's stuff. And he was FIXED ... He used to hide under furniture so he could swipe at her ankles.

...exactly the reason i don't like cats. if you haven't got a job, motherfucker, you had best not fuck with my shit. anytime i had a cat it would make a bee line to whatever i loved, and would lovingly destroy it the second i stepped out the door.

to my mind dogs are much less work:
no litter stinking up a whole room, no changing the litter box, no cleaning up around the litter box, no shooing them off of counters and tables. no hair in my food, no furballs and cat puke, no scratched furniture, no cat piss smell, no running around playing at 3am, waking me up, no waking me up when they need to be fed.

sorry, but... fuck that. all the stuff you talk about with cats telling you when they need something, dogs do that too, but without all the passive aggressive bullshit.

perhaps i've been lucky to pick the right breeds, but the dogs i've known have all been very low maintenance, with the exception of the puppy monster, but she had some pretty serious internal problems that we didn't know about until just before she was put down. even so, she was so smart. we thought she wanted to eat mr. t's chickens, tell we figured out, she wanted to herd them. we'd just say her name, nod in a direction and she'd herd. not a lick of training. dogs don't balk at being trained. give em some food, they get the message, and it's done. no fuss, no muss.

--------------------

"what a swell farewell party! we said goodbye to everything, including the lining in my stomach." - garvey, from the film, born bad

"That's one career all females have in common, whether we like it or not: being a woman. Sooner or later, we've got to work at it, no matter how many other careers we've had or wanted." --margo channing, all about eve
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
candycane_girl
post Nov 17 2009, 10:51 PM
Post #562

Hardcore BUSTie

My dog almost bit me once because I kind of interfered with him while he was trying to eat some cheese but it was really weird. I was upset but I think he also scared himself because he ran away from me and when I went near him he was shaking like a leaf. It hasn't happened since but I should have also known better.

I remember seeing in the summer that some dogs have the same intelligence as a human 3 year old and I think that is totally true. T definitely knows how to manipulate all of us. I remember I used to feed him once I came home from school in the afternoon. He would always jump up and bark and run down the stairs before I even had my shoes off because he was really hungry. So I would feed him and figure that's that. Then he started pulling the same "I'm so hungry" act when my mom would come home about an hour later. She usually figured that I had forgotten to feed him so she would feed him again! Eventually we caught on but it's still kind of funny to think that we got tricked by a dog.

Anyway, confession: I have an asshole professor and I think he has a complex because he doesn't have a PhD like all the other REAL professors. See the academia thread for more details. Blah.

+Quote Post
auralpoison
post Nov 17 2009, 10:50 PM
Post #563

Big Fat Bitch

Oh, & Monk? Was a fantastic judge of character. If he didn't like you? I should probably be rid of you. He was constantly peeing on my mom's stuff. And he was FIXED. But he couldn't stand her. He used to hide under furniture so he could swipe at her ankles.

And he had this way about him . . . sometimes I could see the frustration in his little face when he'd try to tell me something. He'd rear up on his hind quarters with a paw on my knee & he'd wave the other paw for emphasis, like, "For the love of Mike, woman, I'm trying to tell you something here! Will you just listen!" And like Albus, he'd lead me to whatever the issue was.

--------------------
"You're cute, like a velvet glove cast in iron. And like a gas chamber, a real fun gal."

+Quote Post
pollystyrene
post Nov 17 2009, 10:37 PM
Post #564

Too many mutha uckas, Uckin' with my shi-

QUOTE(auralpoison @ Nov 17 2009, 10:10 PM) *
I was wondering about that, too, KittenB!

I like both cats & dogs, but I'm more a cat person. But then, my cats were very special. When I came home, Monk immediately would come out of hiding to tell me about his day & get some love. Yoshimi was more subdued, but was also a very affectionate cat. They liked to be near me, but weren't all up in my face about it like dogs. They slept with me, they ate with me, Monk used to sit on the back of my office chair while I worked & I learned to type with Yoshimi in my lap. They were curious, but smart. It used to amaze & confound my neighbors the way they followed my commands just like dogs. They knew when I felt bad & would watch over me & take care of me.

Dogs just require too much. You have to let them out & fuck with them all the time. My mom's dog had gotten a hold of some foil that had potato bits in it & was trying to eat it, when I tried to take it away from him, he bit me. Not hard, but he BIT me. I didn't chastise him, I ignored him for about six hours. By the end of that six hours with no talk, no touch, no look? That dog was in a shambles. Never even thought about biting me again. And when I needed to leave town I'd have to find somebody to take care of him. The cats? Make sure they had food & water & fresh litter & they were good for at least five days of taking care of their own damned selves.

Agreed, aural. Albus does the same- greets me at the door, tells me about what I missed, smooches me up as soon as I sit down, follows me around, comes when I call him. And he's as smart as a dog, maybe moreso. When something's not right, he'll lead you to it. If he's out of food or water, he'll come in and "yell" at me, I'll say, "what's wrong, Albus?" and I'll follow him and he'll take me right to the empty bowl (or wherever it is.) Yeah, he's food-motivated and he still has his "cat moments", but at least he has figured out how to communicate. He's still the best cat I've ever had.

GT, I think you just haven't met the right cat.

Oh, Albus' other method of communication- if I don't pay attention to him when he's trying to tell me he needs something, he does all the stuff he knows he's not supposed to do- chew the plants, chew the drawstring off the garbage bags, scratch the rug, threaten to jump on top of the bookcases- he's got a whole routine, and he won't quit until he gets what he wants.

--------------------
You went to school where you were taught to fear and to obey, be cheerful, fit in, or someone might think you're weird.
Life can be perfect. People can be trusted. Someday, I will fall in love; a nice quiet home of my very own.
Free from all the pain. Happy and having fun all the time.
It never happened, did it?

+Quote Post
auralpoison
post Nov 17 2009, 10:10 PM
Post #565

Big Fat Bitch

I was wondering about that, too, KittenB!

I like both cats & dogs, but I'm more a cat person. But then, my cats were very special. When I came home, Monk immediately would come out of hiding to tell me about his day & get some love. Yoshimi was more subdued, but was also a very affectionate cat. They liked to be near me, but weren't all up in my face about it like dogs. They slept with me, they ate with me, Monk used to sit on the back of my office chair while I worked & I learned to type with Yoshimi in my lap. They were curious, but smart. It used to amaze & confound my neighbors the way they followed my commands just like dogs. They knew when I felt bad & would watch over me & take care of me.

Dogs just require too much. You have to let them out & fuck with them all the time. My mom's dog had gotten a hold of some foil that had potato bits in it & was trying to eat it, when I tried to take it away from him, he bit me. Not hard, but he BIT me. I didn't chastise him, I ignored him for about six hours. By the end of that six hours with no talk, no touch, no look? That dog was in a shambles. Never even thought about biting me again. And when I needed to leave town I'd have to find somebody to take care of him. The cats? Make sure they had food & water & fresh litter & they were good for at least five days of taking care of their own damned selves.

All that being said, I may have anew pup for the holidays, but it'll be a small one. And since I'll be getting it from my neighbor? Instant dogsitter.

--------------------
"You're cute, like a velvet glove cast in iron. And like a gas chamber, a real fun gal."

+Quote Post
girltrouble
post Nov 17 2009, 09:51 PM
Post #566

i think that's the difference between dog and cat people. dog people love the dogs burst of adoration, i never see it as neediness, since if i tell them to go lay down they do. cat people love cats' autonomy and fuck off glances. to me dogs aren't constantly needy, they are just lovely companions who get that they couldn't open a can of food w/o me. cats are ungrateful little beasts who think they are entitled to the canned food, as if the world owes them a daily fancy feast.

and i'm glad you liked my tender vittles line, cat lady. it cracked me up when i wrote it.

--------------------

"what a swell farewell party! we said goodbye to everything, including the lining in my stomach." - garvey, from the film, born bad

"That's one career all females have in common, whether we like it or not: being a woman. Sooner or later, we've got to work at it, no matter how many other careers we've had or wanted." --margo channing, all about eve

+Quote Post
kittenb
post Nov 17 2009, 09:30 PM
Post #567

There is nothing ironic about Show Choir!

I know that's dorky, but occassionally I do feel neurtering towards so many of you...

Really freckle? I've always thought you sounded like such a great mom but now I think I am a little afraid of you. wink.gif laugh.gif

--------------------
In times of destruction, create something.
MHK

+Quote Post
girl_logic
post Nov 17 2009, 07:48 PM
Post #568

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(girltrouble @ Nov 17 2009, 06:16 PM) *
where's my tender vittles, bitch?

ahahaha
well it's the eternal gratitude that I can't stand about dogs. It seems like having a permanent 3 year old in your house, and I feel guilty because of their neediness. Also for the record, my kitty is the lovingest, huggiest little carnivore on the BLOCK!

also for the record (and a confession) whenever I see a small child or a baby, the word "animal" flashes in my mind. Weird but true.

--------------------
There are years that ask questions and years that answer. - zora neale hurston

+Quote Post
candycane_girl
post Nov 17 2009, 06:58 PM
Post #569

Hardcore BUSTie

I'm with GT on this one. I love my dog because he just seems so grateful all the time. Now he doesn't follow me around all the time, in fact he's becoming more cat-like in that sometimes I'll pet him for a while and then he just gets up and walks away. But seriously, the frenzy that he goes into (barking, running around, barking some more) when I come home...well there is nothing else like it.

I don't know, with cats it's not just that they seem ungrateful but sometimes I swear they give you a look that says "I really, really hate you".

+Quote Post
crazyoldcatlady
post Nov 17 2009, 06:47 PM
Post #570

the moistiest

cats couldn't give a shit. where's my tender vittles, bitch? cats meh. they are fine, but they seem like (sorry cat people) snotty, ungrateful little asshole leaches

::catlady eyeing gt suspiciously... smile.gif ::

eta: also, i have a new tagline!

+Quote Post
girltrouble
post Nov 17 2009, 06:16 PM
Post #571

for me personally, it's unconditional love. if something seriously shitty happens, the dog wants to comfort you. cats couldn't give a shit. where's my tender vittles, bitch? cats meh. they are fine, but they seem like (sorry cat people) snotty, ungrateful little asshole leaches. they are more than happy to ruin things i happen to like a lot, and no dogs have ever done as much damage to my stuff as cats have. dogs, love appreciation, and give it back. they are all about affection. they like to please, and to my mind offer a much more rewarding relationship than cats. but i'm a dyed-in-the-wool dog person. but you can leave dogs alone if they are well trained. cats always seem like a lesser choice. but that said i'm not afraid of children/toddlers, etc. children like me, and i know how to talk their language. i've been known to talk children into sharing toys and being enthusiastic about it.

--------------------

+Quote Post
freckleface7
post Nov 17 2009, 06:11 PM
Post #572

beachcomber

rudder: re: dogs vs small children?
you can legally put dogs into crates . laugh.gif
I too am firmly antichild- minus of course frecklette who was a total delight as both infant & toddler. (seriously, she was. in fact I still want to shrink & re grow her but she keeps saying No.)
but if I had to choose? I'd go w/ infants bc they are less mobile & destructive, and they like to snuggle.
ankle biters are just that. nasty sticky little creatures...
I actually broke up w/ a friend last year bc once she started spawning, she had stompy footed brats that she made no effort to encourage to behave.
buh-bye now!

--------------------
I'm gonna let it shine

+Quote Post
freckleface7
post Nov 17 2009, 05:29 PM
Post #573

beachcomber

confession: I feel all warm n fuzzy when y'all refer to me as mama. I know that's dorky, but occassionally I do feel neurtering towards so many of you...
I am embarrassed to admit that. sleep.gif

I AM volunteering at the Salvation Army Soup Kitchen on Thanksgiving Day !! it's only 30 minutes but I hope it makes a difference.

confession: for reasons I can only logic to be that this is a sure Sign I am headed in the right direction, I feel absolutely Glorious (like w/ tummy giggles) about volunteering there, even though I haven't gone yet.
they need help weekends & evenings too so may start going sooner.

--------------------
I'm gonna let it shine

+Quote Post
sevenseconds
post Nov 17 2009, 02:22 PM
Post #574

Hardcore BUSTie

(((((AP))))) I'm sorry for your furbabies. And thank you!

((((rogue)))) good choice.

(((((gt))))) - always.

((((culture)))), my rock.

((((Freckle)))) - hope you're feeling safe and loved, mama.

Candy, you are so nice to me.

good luck, doodle!

ketto, hello sweet lady.

kitten, zoya, hi!

Thank you all SO MUCH for your kindness. I am touched and warmed. I'm doing alright, putting together a self, in a new language, under a new sky. The addict mind will always seek out ways to get a fix of darkness and intensity (which I don't terribly mind;), but my body is clean and strong, and I'm working to keep it that way. And all of you ladies are so so inspiring! wub.gif

--------------------
Every story is a cup so empty it can be drunk from again and again. - MJH

+Quote Post
girltrouble
post Nov 17 2009, 12:38 PM
Post #575

i miss my puppy monster too, aural. i think you're right about the person/furbaby thing. there's something very pure there. but you cracked me up with the baby talk. lol. oh, and listen to doodle. i like the idea of you up in this territory.

kitten, ugh. just ugh.

and seven? ditto what aural said. i'm glad you like it here. you are something else. wub.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
doodlebug
post Nov 17 2009, 11:59 AM
Post #576

I know it's only rock 'n' roll. But I like it.

(((AP)))

Psst, AP - my side project is gonna be an all-female band, I hope....if I can find the women who want to play. Why don'tcha move to Canada and play bass for me? wink.gif

--------------------
Check out my band's new demo online! You can DL my original....and please fan up if ya like it!

+Quote Post
ketto
post Nov 17 2009, 10:07 AM
Post #577

Hardcore BUSTie

(((seven)))

(((roque)))

Add me to the missing my furbaby bandwagon. I have to go back to my parents at least once a week just to hold my cat.

--------------------
Meow.

+Quote Post
candycane_girl
post Nov 17 2009, 08:26 AM
Post #578

Hardcore BUSTie

((((((AP))))))) I miss my furbaby too. I'm kind of a dork, I set up an album on Facebook of just his pictures. I look at it whenever I'm missing him.

As for those ads, I think that most normal people find them totally gut wrenching. They even made fun of how sad they are on SNL last week. But I wonder if they actually effect people who would be abusive toward animals in the first place. In my hometown we had some really horrific cases of people abusing dogs (one guy cut off his dog's ears!!!) and they all do the "what? I don't think I did anything wrong." Fucking bastards.

(((((kitten))))) that sucks

((((((7)))) you know we like having you around!

+Quote Post
culturehandy
post Nov 17 2009, 08:22 AM
Post #579

(o)(o)

(((((((7)))))))

(((((((AP))))))) I'm with you, I can't watch the commercials, they make me cry, and make me want to go and scoop up every last animal at a shelter.

Zoya, fart away, being gassy and constitently farty for one night isn't such a bad thing. I rather enjoy ass burping
myself.

((((kitten))))

--------------------
Hatred does not cease in this world by hating, but by not hating; this is an eternal truth. --- Buddah, The Dhammapada

+Quote Post
kittenb
post Nov 17 2009, 08:21 AM
Post #580

There is nothing ironic about Show Choir!

When planning Christmas gifts this year, I actually had to plan out what was least likely to be stolen by my step-sis' idiot bf. How is this my family?

--------------------
In times of destruction, create something.
MHK

+Quote Post

294 Pages V  « < 27 28 29 30 31 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: April 23, 2014 - 03:22 AM