Welcome Guest [ Log In | Register ] ]

271 Pages V  « < 239 240 241 242 243 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Bacterial Vaginosis--or--embarrassing bad smell
little_idiot
post Oct 6 2006, 03:22 PM
Post #4801

BUSTie

Sassy, did you tell the doc you were using boric acid? Are you relatively certain that's what's causing the problem you're having? I haven't tried it yet... The idea of putting that up my coochie but being careful not to get it on my hands does seem scary, but so many people have nothing but good to say about it and nothing I've read so far has said it's dangerous... Not sure what to think. unsure.gif
Good luck with the biopsy. I had one once and it wasn't as painful as I thought it would be.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
sassy
post Oct 6 2006, 02:52 PM
Post #4802

Hardcore BUSTie

I just wanted to let you guys know that I have to get a biopsy done on Tuesday on my cervix now. I really think I've fucked myself up with the boric acid. I think you guys need to be really careful with it.

+Quote Post
neverending
post Oct 6 2006, 10:32 AM
Post #4803

Hardcore BUSTie

Went to the doctor and I told him about wanting to try the Vag. Estrogen Cream.He told me my hormones might be out of whack but the estrogen cream is not good because of my age. So you know what he gave me?BIRTH CONTROL! Now I'm not a rocket scientist but If Birth control started my problems why would you give it to me again.I know it's supposed to help level hormones off but this is unreal.What am I supposed to do?Take the birth control and have my problems stop, only to have it come back when I stop again or should I just give up and live with it?This is crazy!

+Quote Post
sassy
post Oct 6 2006, 05:13 AM
Post #4804

Hardcore BUSTie

Fedup--I've tried antibiotics and the usual for my BV and my doctor even told me, "you can just ignore it, it won't hurt you to have BV all the time." So I started using boric acid for maintenance BUT...

...I have to call my doctor this morning because something was wrong with my pap smear. I don't know if it's related or not but it seems like it would be. I don't know if the constant infections messed up the test or if I irritated my vagina with the boric acid but I'm really nervous! I'm only 21 and I don't want to have to deal with this. sad.gif Doctors are useless on this problem, and I get depressed just thinking about it. If my test just shows irritation or something I guess I'll tell my doctor about the boric acid use. I know if I tell her, she'll give me a lecture about it. I've been looking at info all night though, and everyone online says it's safe to use so I don't see how it could have done anything to cause my pap smear to be messed up. I'm still worried, though, and I hope I didn't cause even more trouble for myself. I just want to be a normal young woman who can have sex with her fiancee and not worry about being self-conscious...I'm so upset.

+Quote Post
neverending
post Oct 5 2006, 08:40 PM
Post #4805

Hardcore BUSTie

Just Breath! INNNN........OUTTTTTTTTTT......INNNNNN........NOW OUTTTTTTTT! Calm down and don't get too worried. Everything will be fine.They probably just want to give you a prescription for the BV.

+Quote Post
sassy
post Oct 5 2006, 08:31 PM
Post #4806

Hardcore BUSTie

I'm freaking out...my phone is stupid and I just now received some messages that were left over the past couple of weeks. My gynecologist called me with 5 messages. I'm guessing this means only one thing--I had an abnormal pap smear. I'm freaking out. Do I have cancer? Did the boric acid cause this? Did I do this to myself? I don't know what to do.

+Quote Post
little_idiot
post Oct 5 2006, 09:42 AM
Post #4807

BUSTie

QUOTE(neverending @ Oct 4 2006, 10:49 PM) *

little_idiot:Did this musty smell start when you started/stopped or while you were on birth control?(I think that came out right) smile.gif

I am on the pill but have been for 3 years and I haven't been diagnosed with BV in that time (before that was when I had it, and was on Depo). I noticed the musty smell after my guy had finished going down on me, and, I took a sniff of the towel I shoved under myself after we were done (we don't use condoms) and the wetness on the towel smelled yucky too, musty I guess. Usually afterwards when I clean up in the bathroom I can only smell his cum which just smells like cum, nothing bad.
But--after douching yesterday morning it seems like things are back to normal. I didn't use the boric acid yet (did a lot of reading on it and decided to wait and see if I really needed to do it) and as of right now, I don't think I'll need to. I showered at 7am yesterday and by 9pm I still couldn't smell anything, no discharge, nothing, so... crossing my fingers!

The thing is, I second-guess myself every time I think something isn't right down below. Every little twinge or discharge I think is a yeast infection or BV and then I'm hypervigilant about it, "Is it getting better, is it getting worse? Is that an itch??" I think I'm just paranoid that something is wrong with my crotch all the time, even though probably most of the time it's fine... unsure.gif

+Quote Post
fedup
post Oct 5 2006, 08:50 AM
Post #4808

QUOTE(sassy @ Oct 4 2006, 09:08 PM) *

Fedup--My discharge is always sort of yellowish and slimy too. Ugh...that sounds so gross!!

Sassy, what have you tried, or done about your problem? I ordered some yeast arrest boric acid pills that you insert into the vagina. I contacted another doctor yesterday about informed him of my 12 year problem and this is what he had to say:

"I will be happy to see you but if this problem has been most of your adult life it is not likely that I will be able to do any better than your previous care providers."

What the hell is wrong with these doctors??? They dont think this is a big deal, they are always brushing us off. The bigger question is, can you pass this mess to your partner?

+Quote Post
neverending
post Oct 4 2006, 09:32 PM
Post #4809

Hardcore BUSTie

little_idiot:Did this musty smell start when you started/stopped or while you were on birth control?(I think that came out right) smile.gif

+Quote Post
girlievongirlie
post Oct 4 2006, 07:08 PM
Post #4810

hello- newbie here! Thank you all for the information! It is nice to know that I am not the only person in the world who goes through this! the first time I had an issue with the "smell" was 3 years ago- I gave up sex because I thought for sure something was really wrong with me....then after awhile, finally I met a nice guy and decided to go for it with him....well sure enough- the second time we have sex- all the signs come back again. I guess it is my phbalance being thrown off......can I fix that?

+Quote Post
sassy
post Oct 4 2006, 06:51 PM
Post #4811

Hardcore BUSTie

Fedup--My discharge is always sort of yellowish and slimy too. Ugh...that sounds so gross!!

+Quote Post
neverending
post Oct 4 2006, 05:13 PM
Post #4812

Hardcore BUSTie

I have a doctors appointment tomorrow and I can't believe my period is trying to come on.Ugh, If it's not one thing it's another.Now what am I going to do?This makes me so F@#$ing sick!

+Quote Post
little_idiot
post Oct 4 2006, 11:13 AM
Post #4813

BUSTie

(((((Fedup))))) I think everyone here can relate.

Umm, I think I jinxed myself with my post last night... Shortly after that, Mr. was going down on me and after that, I noticed the kitty smelling pretty foul. Not fishy, but more like musty. Ugh, and his breath was terrible and I felt just awful. I didn't think anything was up until then... But that smell is not normal. Since then, I've had some pinkish-orange discharge, no itching or irritation or anything but ugh, still. I used a vinegar and water douche this morning and I got some boric acid (after running ALL OVER town, only one pharmacy carries it) and 00 capsules, so I'll try that tonight. I'm not sure why boric acid is said to work for yeasties and BV... seems it should be one or the other but it's worth a try. The boric acid looks like scary stuff, I wonder who the hell thought of putting that up her coochie?!? I got the powder, hope that's right...

+Quote Post
fedup
post Oct 4 2006, 10:03 AM
Post #4814

I am a newbie to the board and named myself "fedup" because I truly am fed up with all the doctors, failed medications (antibiotics, metrogel, etc....). I have been living with this awful discharge and odor for about 12 years now and it's really driving me nuts. I can relate to everything you ladies are saying, especially "little_idiot" when she talks about getting frisky! I do the same thing with my boyfriend, I rush off and wash up really quick or take a shower because I know he will want to go down there and do his thing. I've been to 6, yes I said 6 doctors and none of them can make this thing go away. I've been told it's a yeast infection and BV by several of them. I'm so tired of the wet underwear feeling and wiping them out everytime I go to the bathroom. This is really horrible and putting a strain on my relationship. My boyfriend knows nothing about this, I am currently hiding it very well from him, because it's really embarrising.

QUOTE(little_idiot @ Oct 3 2006, 08:42 PM) *

This is kind of a weird subject, but...
I know I don't always taste/smell the same and I'm kind of neurotic/paranoid about it (as I'm sure you all are too), especially when Mr. Idiot wants to go down on me. When I know we're going to get frisky I *always* shower shortly before, which takes away a lot of the fun of spontaneity. I asked him once how I tasted and he said "sometimes better than other times, sometimes salty, sometimes like nothing." Argh! This drives me nuts! Sometimes after he's done his breath smells like onions and that really makes me paranoid and very self-conscious. Other times his mouth doesn't smell or taste like anything at all afterwards. I mean, he never complains, and a lot of times he wants to keep going after I'm good to go--but I can never shake the paranoia and obsession about how I smell and taste! I've had BV a couple of times in the past but haven't had chronic problems--I've had chronic problems with yeasties but it's gotten better with vigilance. Anyway I just wanted to share my thoughts about this I guess, I'm sure some of you can relate... rolleyes.gif

Oh one more thing... can you guys please share what your discharge looks like? Mine is SLIMY and yellowish and has an awful odor. Does anyone else's look this way?? HELP!!

+Quote Post
little_idiot
post Oct 3 2006, 06:25 PM
Post #4815

BUSTie

This is kind of a weird subject, but...
I know I don't always taste/smell the same and I'm kind of neurotic/paranoid about it (as I'm sure you all are too), especially when Mr. Idiot wants to go down on me. When I know we're going to get frisky I *always* shower shortly before, which takes away a lot of the fun of spontaneity. I asked him once how I tasted and he said "sometimes better than other times, sometimes salty, sometimes like nothing." Argh! This drives me nuts! Sometimes after he's done his breath smells like onions and that really makes me paranoid and very self-conscious. Other times his mouth doesn't smell or taste like anything at all afterwards. I mean, he never complains, and a lot of times he wants to keep going after I'm good to go--but I can never shake the paranoia and obsession about how I smell and taste! I've had BV a couple of times in the past but haven't had chronic problems--I've had chronic problems with yeasties but it's gotten better with vigilance. Anyway I just wanted to share my thoughts about this I guess, I'm sure some of you can relate... rolleyes.gif

+Quote Post
Eralc Alegna
post Oct 3 2006, 04:27 PM
Post #4816

BUSTie

QUOTE(pepper @ Oct 2 2006, 11:46 PM) *

eralc alegna, what? i don't think i understood that entirely, say again.

Sorry, worded it all ramble-y.

What the hell are yeast treatments going to do for those of us dealing with chronic BV?

+Quote Post
neverending
post Oct 3 2006, 12:22 PM
Post #4817

Hardcore BUSTie

What you eat also determines how it will smell. I use to eat a lot of garlic and it would have a garlic smell also.So it might be what you are eating.Also, I would'nt recommend douching when you don't have an infection.That might upset the kitty then you'll really have an infection and trust me when I say you don't want one!

+Quote Post
dylan44
post Oct 3 2006, 10:50 AM
Post #4818

I have had the worst problems down yonder lately. The new thing is a slight onion smell when I shower. I just started taking my acidophilus today but was wondering if this will help. I have been to the doctors almost every month this whole year and every culture, test, etc. is negative. I did think that I had a yeast infection last week because I had itching, etc. and did the whole 3 day treatment and I still don't feel 100%. So, needless to say I would love to take the homeopathic remedy road. Last night I took a sitz bath in water and vinegar and this morning I took an acidophilus. What is going on with me?

How long should I take the acidophilus? Does anyone recommend douching in a vinegar solution?

+Quote Post
neverending
post Oct 3 2006, 09:21 AM
Post #4819

Hardcore BUSTie

Pepper:Thanks! I never thought about that before. I will definitely keep that in mind.I have a doctors appointment thursday and I'm looking forward to trying an estrogen based cream but if that does'nt work i'm going to hunt down an acupuncture student smile.gif.

+Quote Post
pepper
post Oct 2 2006, 10:29 PM
Post #4820

neverending, a student clinic for acupuncture, acupressure, tcm etc is so much less money. they need patients to treat and they are fully supervised by a very experienced instructor. it takes longer but it's so worth it. check out the schools in your area, give them a call.

eralc alegna, what? i don't think i understood that entirely, say again.

+Quote Post

271 Pages V  « < 239 240 241 242 243 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: April 18, 2014 - 03:27 AM