The Lounge Guidelines Help Search Members Calendar Blogs

Welcome Guest [ Log In | Register ] ]

120 Pages V  « < 83 84 85 86 87 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Crimes of Fashion part Deux...this time, it's personal.
pherber
post Sep 18 2006, 02:00 PM
Post #1681

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(wombat @ Sep 18 2006, 02:58 PM) *

-- and the attitude that anyone who doesn't look like that is ugly.

I really love that sentence! cool.gif
Always tried to find words for that annoying affectation they always display.

misspissed, I think when it comes to homedecor, you'll probably never going to get two people to agree on something. I mean what's gross to someone might be "tres kitsch" and "oh so camp!" to someone else...

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
misspissed
post Sep 18 2006, 01:17 PM
Post #1682

Hardcore BUSTie

And the grey/silver/white ROOTS showing makes me think someone is a slob or just literally insane. I see a lot of women just walking down the street with it, dressed up, thinking it doesn't matter - but it's a lot worse than just dark roots in blonde hair

i wonder if that has anything to do with women trying to grow out their hair all white? if that's the case, it will look fugly for months until all the dye has grown out/been cut out.

agreeing that the attack of the jessica simpson clones are pretty much the worst fashion crime out there.

so, would this be the proper place to post a crime of home decor fashion? because i am gonna.
i live in a very ethnic neighborhood, and the people tend to be devout catholics. a lot of the houses round here have these white "lace" curtains up in the front windows, which while not my style, are pretty benign.

there is one house, though, which has this full collection of religious curtains -- including "praying hands and rosaries", with the showstopping "pope Benedict" style.

oh my.

+Quote Post
pollystyrene
post Sep 18 2006, 08:52 AM
Post #1683

Too many mutha uckas, Uckin' with my shi-

I got a new cell phone this week, one with a camera, and yesterday, I tried to take a picture of a COF, but I forgot that I have to "save" it, it doesn't do it automatically. This woman was about 40 or so, white trash bleach blond hair, decent body, but wearing these short-shorts, white with a red floral pattern and a matching halter top with lots of midriff exposed, and cheap red mule shoes with it. It was bad. She was attached to the arm of a sleazy looking guy, which made it worse.

--------------------
You went to school where you were taught to fear and to obey, be cheerful, fit in, or someone might think you're weird.
Life can be perfect. People can be trusted. Someday, I will fall in love; a nice quiet home of my very own.
Free from all the pain. Happy and having fun all the time.
It never happened, did it?

+Quote Post
wombat
post Sep 18 2006, 08:41 AM
Post #1684

Dragon Velocity

*Ack!!* to the Barbie look.
Fake tan, fake nails, or "french manicure" which LOOKS like fake nails, straightened and usually dyed-blonde hair (which is not as subtly done as they think it is) -- and the attitude that anyone who doesn't look like that is ugly.

And the grey/silver/white ROOTS showing makes me think someone is a slob or just literally insane. I see a lot of women just walking down the street with it, dressed up, thinking it doesn't matter - but it's a lot worse than just dark roots in blonde hair.

and, not being ageist, cause my own hair went gray at 28 -- it's just -- the horror of having really bright roots and also showing what you're trying to cover up that gives the *insane* willies. Like, wait, you spend a ton of time and effort not to show your gray hair, but you don't look in the mirror and just comb it or pin it differently when it's time for the hairdresser and you're going to go out in public? gads.

--------------------
Lion-hearted

+Quote Post
sybarite
post Sep 18 2006, 06:58 AM
Post #1685

it's cards on the table time

Agreeing on tunics-should-not-be-worn-as-dresses. I do like proper sweater dresses though, as long as they are long enough to be worn on their own. Does no-one teach people that you should practice sitting down when trying on a short dress?

I have a pair of skinny jeans too. I'm short-ish; those wide-legged things look wrong on me.

So uni has re-opened, admitting through its doors this year's crop of women with tans and straightened hair, with the 2006 addition of randomly worn leggings under aforementioned tunics or flippy skirts. I have more of a problem with the hair and fake tan than the clothes, tbh.

+Quote Post
pherber
post Sep 18 2006, 06:38 AM
Post #1686

Hardcore BUSTie

It's one of those trends, started by the anorexic glitterati.

Funny how in the 60s not even the heroin addled rock star girlfriends wore their tunics like that.

+Quote Post
bunnyb
post Sep 18 2006, 05:12 AM
Post #1687

The artist now known as I don't give a shit.

I agree: those dresses should be worn with jeans or leggings. If you really must show your legs then team it with a denim skirt or something but your ass on show makes a pretty dress look fugly.

--------------------
"Hey, did anyone ever think Sylvia Plath wasn't crazy, maybe she was just cold? " (Lorelai Gilmore)

+Quote Post
edna
post Sep 17 2006, 08:02 PM
Post #1688

Hardcore BUSTie

There are a lot of long, tunic sorts of tops right now (the just below the ass length like the dress lowredmoon described) which I thought were perhaps meant to be worn with skinny jeans or leggings or whatever, but I keep seeing girls wearing them as dresses. and not looking so great.

I just succumbed to a fashion trend and bought some skinny jeans. I am terrified of looking like a COF in them, so I'm just wearing them around the apartment. I recently saw Cat Power in concert, and she was wearing some, but kept saying, "don't believe the label on the skinny jeans; they call 'em skinny, but they make you look fat." Of course, she looked great and not fat in hers. Hrmph.

+Quote Post
prettynpink
post Sep 17 2006, 04:55 PM
Post #1689

Hardcore BUSTie

Quick sukouyant! Wish for Bush to get impeached!! If it worked on the hammer pants, it HAS to work on him...

--------------------
Whats brown and sticky? A STICK! bwuahahahahahahahahahaaaa

+Quote Post
doodlebug
post Sep 17 2006, 04:04 PM
Post #1690

I know it's only rock 'n' roll. But I like it.

On Friday morning I saw a guy in purple Hammer pants, walking down the street.

--------------------
Check out my band's new demo online! You can DL my original....and please fan up if ya like it!

+Quote Post
pherber
post Sep 17 2006, 03:20 PM
Post #1691

Hardcore BUSTie

Oh, I'll check that out!
I just consider the current shoe trend to be a CoF, that's why I had to rant here...

+Quote Post
pepper
post Sep 17 2006, 11:45 AM
Post #1692

there's a thread just for shoes chica bellas. i'd be shocked silly if you can't find a link to something that you absolutely love in there.

+Quote Post
hellotampon
post Sep 17 2006, 10:47 AM
Post #1693

Hardcore BUSTie

I love wedge heels. My favorite sandals have wedge heels. I'm short and my legs look so much better with a little elevation. I don't like the dressiness of straight-up heels (and I can't walk in them either), but wedges are a little more casual. I have SO many really cute flats that I've always wished had a bit of heel.

+Quote Post
pherber
post Sep 17 2006, 09:28 AM
Post #1694

Hardcore BUSTie

I've been trying to buy a pair of shoes for few weeks now, and I don't remember that has ever been so difficult.
Every single pair of shoe I saw has a wedge heel! I mean wtf, whatever happened to choice?

I don't even hate them, I just can't walk in wedge heels, they just feel so weird...

They can look really nice, in some summer/ plateau/ 70s retro chic, but that's not happening now.
All I see in the shops are native american style mocassins, or 20s style charleston shoes with cute round tip, then I turn them round to check the heel, and they all have wedge heels!
It's just so wrong.

+Quote Post
curioushair
post Sep 16 2006, 03:50 PM
Post #1695

Hardcore BUSTie

Woman in the supermarket, mid-fifties, long, gray Joni Mitchell hair (she looked quite a bit like Ms. Mitchell, in fact, even if she cut her hair pixie-short), tank, cropped jeans, jean jacket, hooker pumps. Now while that's not so bad, maybe a little "mutton dressed as lamb," what really stood out was the horrid, dried blood lipstick drawn waaaaay outside her lips.

--------------------
Standing in the middle of life with my pants behind me.

+Quote Post
Rockabetty
post Sep 16 2006, 01:47 AM
Post #1696

Woman sitting at the bus stop. Late 40's. Black dyed hair. WHITE roots. You think that's bad? It gets worse. Her hair was meticulously parted in the middle, right down the back. The whole look reeked of Skunk.

+Quote Post
lowredmoon
post Sep 15 2006, 09:24 AM
Post #1697

Hardcore BUSTie

there were many, many crimes of fashion in the city last week, but one has stuck with me so long that i need to report it, except that it's difficult to describe.

a dress. it was red, with some sort of a white print, except that the yoke was plain red. it had kimono sleeves. it was flowing. it sort of reminded me of a 70s caftan, except...it was short. like just-under-the-ass short. like a shift, maybe? her purse was pulling it dangerously high on one side. and with it she was wearing enough large, long gold chains to make mr. t blush.

--------------------
"Another belief of mine: that everyone else my age is an adult, whereas I am merely in disguise."
--Margaret Atwood

+Quote Post
chachaheels
post Sep 12 2006, 11:35 AM
Post #1698

Hardcore BUSTie

Me too. laugh.gif

--------------------
May suitable doses of guaranteed sensual pleasure and slow, long-lasting enjoyment preserve us from the contagion of the multitude who mistake frenzy for efficiency.

+Quote Post
bustygirl
post Sep 12 2006, 08:24 AM
Post #1699

Hardcore BUSTie

Wavy hair and vintage clothes sounds pretty cool to me. smile.gif

I love the ignore function. Love it, love it, love it.

+Quote Post
duplessix
post Sep 12 2006, 07:04 AM
Post #1700

BUSTie

I love watching people with an off-kilter fashion sense. Sometimes I can't tell if it looks great or grotesque but I have to admire them for trying to be a little different. I can't tell you how sick to death I am of the same straightened hair, big sunglasses, pink lips, and cute little dress with heels look. Or jeans with heels look. It's like most girls try to look like Jessica Simpson. I always feel so uncool when I'm around them (wavy brown hair and vintage clothes) that I appreciate someone else who risks a little in the sartorial world. Interesting street fashion is where it's at. (Not to say I don't comment when a woman's wearing a color-coordinated sweatsuit with matching scrunchy. That's just wrong unless you're a model, 14, and being totally ironic.)

--------------------
"Nothing I can do, a total eclipse of the heart..."

+Quote Post

120 Pages V  « < 83 84 85 86 87 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: July 24, 2014 - 02:12 PM