The Lounge Guidelines Help Search Members Calendar Blogs

Welcome Guest [ Log In | Register ] ]

120 Pages V  « < 72 73 74 75 76 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Crimes of Fashion part Deux...this time, it's personal.
mornington
post Dec 13 2006, 06:19 PM
Post #1461

now running on biodiesel and sacrificial blood

bun, does it cover your arse? if yes, then you're doing a better job than this lot.

besides... black tie...
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
bunnyb
post Dec 13 2006, 06:10 PM
Post #1462

The artist now known as I don't give a shit.

QUOTE(mornington @ Dec 13 2006, 11:02 PM) *

you do not wear leggings to a black-tie ball.

nooooooo! I have a beautiful satin tunic to wear for Christmas and I'm wearing it with 70denier black tights! this is not the season (weather and taste and etiquette wise) for leggings!

--------------------
"Hey, did anyone ever think Sylvia Plath wasn't crazy, maybe she was just cold? " (Lorelai Gilmore)

+Quote Post
mornington
post Dec 13 2006, 04:45 PM
Post #1463

this is more of a cob/observation.

i don't care if they're black and have lace around the bottom.
i don't care if you're wearing a satin tunic
high heeled strappy shoes that don't go with your top
and you an expression that declares you're all that and a bag of chips

you do not wear leggings to a black-tie ball.

+Quote Post
quietmadness
post Dec 9 2006, 11:09 PM
Post #1464

Hardcore BUSTie

blink.gif laugh.gif

At the AAA office Friday while paying my car insurance bill:

50-ish woman

Picture Dee Wallace in Cujo; Remember that seriously gathered 70's style top she had on that was tightly fitted around the waist and had the BIG poofy shoulders? Yeah. Well---ok the lady had that kind of top on. Exactly that top. LIME GREEN BASE COLOR.

That's not all. Her pants were black, synthetic-type (almost polyester but not quite---maybe bad rayon blend) and tapered at the ankle.

Open-toed shoes, high heel. FUCHIA.

AND------------The whole damned outfit was COVERED in 70's style polka dots. I'm not talkin' square-dancin' polkas, either. Not the big dime-sized ones. Oh no. I'm talkin' those tiny, pea-sized polka dots like disco style. IN FOUR NEON COLORS...BLUE, PINK, PURPLE AND RED.

I now need an eye exam and bleach. huh.gif sad.gif laugh.gif

+Quote Post
nickclick
post Dec 7 2006, 08:53 AM
Post #1465

Hardcore BUSTie

ooh that's hot, bustygirl....

+Quote Post
wombat
post Dec 6 2006, 08:21 PM
Post #1466

Dragon Velocity

Hah! Good one, busty girl.

As Lisa Carver said, men don't care what women are wearing. You gotta just wear something that makes you look good.

I can't imagine the man that would want to sleep with a woman because she had a thousand-dollar handbag.

--------------------
Lion-hearted

+Quote Post
bustygirl
post Dec 6 2006, 07:43 PM
Post #1467

Hardcore BUSTie

Ummmm. Spam alert.

Please don't shill for your useless website here. This is not the place.

Ironic that you'd place an ad for a designer rimjob site in--of all things--a thread devoted to nothing but poking fun at the very mouth-breathers that think a designer label = style. Bougie much?

By the way, my scoredrobe consists of bacon covered pasties, a paintball mask, panties made entirely out of beer tabs, and thigh high Wellingtons.

+Quote Post
cutecrazy
post Dec 6 2006, 03:16 PM
Post #1468

What's in your scoredrobe?

BarCode: Your Personal Pocket Decoder to the Modern Dating Scene
defines scoredrobe as the lucky shirt, shoes, skirt or dress you wear the guarantees results.

Mine is my Joe Jeans, Free People tunic and black boots. I am irresistible to the opposite sex in this outfit!

What's yours?

[url=http://barcodethebook.com/home.html]
BarCode: Your Personal Pocket Decoder for the Modern Dating Scene[/url]

+Quote Post
candycane_girl
post Dec 6 2006, 03:02 PM
Post #1469

Hardcore BUSTie

I don't know if this is really a CoF so much as just kind of amusing.

I was at the grocery store last week, waiting in line when I looked over and saw this incredibly old white man wearing a bright yellow jacket with Sean John in huge block letters across the back. I thought it was kind of cute cause he probably has no idea what kind of label it is but it seemed like he was at that old person stage of "I really don't care what I'm wearing as long as it's comfortable". It kind of reminded me of the time my grandfather showed up at church in a burgundy paisley tie paired with a dark plaid shirt. *shudder*

+Quote Post
wombat
post Dec 6 2006, 10:39 AM
Post #1470

Dragon Velocity

I've got cherry red ballet flats with ribbon and bow. Will wear with or without socks. I LURVE them. So comfortable. I will even wear them dancing.

--------------------
Lion-hearted

+Quote Post
bunnyb
post Dec 6 2006, 10:05 AM
Post #1471

The artist now known as I don't give a shit.

*delurks* polly and dusty are cracking me up.

I too own a pair of cherry red ballet flats -suede with glitter trim- that I adore and wear barefooted or with tights. we're all copying one another and are lemmings to fashion rolleyes.gif .

CoF witnessed over weekend on London tube:

pretty girl with tennis shoes, navy socks with anchors over grey chunky tights, under a torquoise frilly skirt with a different colour of blue tshirt (I think this may also have anchors on), a different colour jacket (who knows what colour, I was too much in shock at rest) and red knitted beret with pompom on head and a badly dressed boyfriend on her arm. ever heard of coordination? although, to be fair, she may have been colour-blind.

--------------------
"Hey, did anyone ever think Sylvia Plath wasn't crazy, maybe she was just cold? " (Lorelai Gilmore)

+Quote Post
polly_esther
post Dec 4 2006, 06:26 PM
Post #1472

BUSTie

awww shucks wink.gif

too bad CoF is about the only thread I regurally post in these days.

+Quote Post
maimy
post Dec 4 2006, 06:13 PM
Post #1473

Hardcore BUSTie

Polly, I need to start stalking you. Your posts always give me such a laugh, and actual thoughts even occur on occasion. It's nice.

I have been looking for some cute little black ballet flats. I don't wear enough clothing that would match cherry red, but they do sound fab (on the right woman, with the right fashion sense).

I also have to say, when kog3100 wears a mock turtle and tailored, inky-black pants, it is very attractive to me. He has a black one in cashmere-y thin knit, which accentuates his height and his wonderful lithe frame very nicely. I'm not actually sure what is so terrible about them ...

+Quote Post
mornington
post Dec 4 2006, 01:32 PM
Post #1474

aren't they where thongs rise above the waist of trousers?

orange and lime green tartan widelegged trousers. why? please pass the eyebleach someone.

(polly, you're copying me. tongue.gif cherry red flats... are everywhere. but i don't care 'cos they're cute. i wear mine with socks, however)

+Quote Post
dusty
post Dec 4 2006, 11:41 AM
Post #1475

Hardcore BUSTie

Ass antlers, apparently, is the literal translation of the German expression for a lower back tattoo.

+Quote Post
polly_esther
post Dec 4 2006, 11:04 AM
Post #1476

BUSTie

There is nothing more eye-rollingly annoying than college freshman hipster girls (rather, wannabe hipster).

Yesterday I was at DSW on the lookout for some cute cherry red flats. No particular reason other than I want them. So I’m poking along checking things out, trying on shoes. This girl shows up and she is dressed like she is straight out of the pages of some teeny-bopper magazine – little cloche hat, a haircut that looked like she had a bad run-in with a Flowbee (we’re talking the hipster mullet, but worse, cuz it looked like it was done at home, by a toddler, with scrapbooking scissors), some random screened tee that I’m pretty sure I saw at an Old Navy over the summer, skinny jeans with, and I kid you not, acid wash. This child was not even in-utero during the first go-around of acid wash, but still! That does not excuse acid wash. And… red patent leather peep toed flats and bare feet.
Cute shoes, don’t get me wrong, albeit a little too Blanche Deveraux for my blood. It was in the 20s yesterday, farenheit, with snow. I’m looking at this poor clueless child thinking “what an idiot!” I mean; going barefoot in peep-toed shoes barefoot in winter is stupid. Going barefoot in cold fucking patent leather is just sadistic. I mean, why not create more pain and use razor blades as insoles?
Anyway, so I’m browsing along. Let me remind you all that I was looking for red shoes before little miss-thinks-she’s hot-shit came by. She stood there watching me try on a pair of shoes with this this “oh no she di-int” face on and turns to her accomplice and states, rather loudly, “Gawd, I wish people would get their own style and quit trying to rip mine off”.

Haw-haw. Seriously, I did laugh. I desperately wanted to have a battle of wits with the precious little lemming, but decided that it was futile to fight with someone who was using their first big girl potty when I was graduating high school. The biggest laugh came when no sooner did she turn around than another fashion lemming walked past her- from the choppy haircut to the tight jeans and Sexy Miami Grandma sitcom character style shoes.

+Quote Post
nickclick
post Dec 4 2006, 09:21 AM
Post #1477

Hardcore BUSTie

kel, sometimes good people make bad choices, but funny that a mock turtleneck was his choice for looking nice on a date! for our first date my current bf was all business casual, so i thought he was much more mature than i soon realized. but he had on a funky watch and these cool black dress boots, and shoes and other accessories are usually the things i first notice about a guy.

redhead, 90210's 1st season is playing on the Soap Opera network right now, and my roommate and i have been watching every nite, commenting on all the bad fashion that admittedly i also fell victim to in the early 90s. scrunchy socks, ick!

+Quote Post
kelkello
post Dec 3 2006, 08:04 PM
Post #1478

The rest is gravy...

nickclick, my bf wore a mock turtlenect one day when we first started dating. I almost had to say something to him about it. I almost had to end the date. However, he was such a great guy in every other way, I stuck it out. Now that we have been together almost a year, I outlawed the dreaded mock turtleneck. If he wants to wear it, he'll have to do it on our nights off!

--------------------
The greatest instance of serendipity since penicillin.

+Quote Post
crinoline
post Dec 3 2006, 03:00 PM
Post #1479

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(dusty @ Nov 27 2006, 06:07 PM) *

I love the low waisted jeans, but I have a drawer full of french cut undies I can't wear, and I'm sick to death of seeing plumber's butt and ass antlers.

What in the world are "ass antlers"!?!?

I just have this mental image of low rise pants with antlers sticking out of the sides, perhaps holding scarves or a handbag...

--------------------
http://www.etsy.com/shop/crinolinecreations Handmade accessories for the SuperCute!

+Quote Post
lilacwine13
post Dec 2 2006, 01:48 PM
Post #1480

Ambassador from the Republic of Cocktailland

When Aaron Spelling died earlier this year Go Fug Yourself dedicated several posts to his shows, and one of them dissected the fashion taste of 90210. Rather hilarious (and kind of scary if you're old enough to remember that stuff being the height of fashion ohmy.gif ).

--------------------
All I know is that I don't know nothing.--Op Ivy

+Quote Post

120 Pages V  « < 72 73 74 75 76 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: October 24, 2014 - 07:38 AM