Welcome Guest [ Log In | Register ] ]

8 Pages V  « < 5 6 7 8 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The Girl With Bad Skin- All About Adult Acne
Moonpieluv
post Feb 14 2007, 03:40 PM
Post #121

Hardcore BUSTie

It would be funny had the face made like a horn sound or something. heehee.
The booty acne is embarrassing only when you got a guy checking it out in various situations. Though, I've found men don't really care essentially, but it would just make me/us feel more fly.
Thanks for the link... I'll give it a go!!
QUOTE(LoveMyPugs @ Feb 14 2007, 03:26 PM) *

Sorry I was misleading in my post. I put the smilie face cause Fantaz seemed embarrassed about having acne on her butt. I was trying to make light of it. I can see how my post was confusing. If you click on the link you'll see that its a product for body acne not face acne.

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
LoveMyPugs
post Feb 14 2007, 02:09 PM
Post #122

Sorry I was misleading in my post. I put the smilie face cause Fantaz seemed embarrassed about having acne on her butt. I was trying to make light of it. I can see how my post was confusing. If you click on the link you'll see that its a product for body acne not face acne.

+Quote Post
Moonpieluv
post Feb 14 2007, 12:33 PM
Post #123

Hardcore BUSTie

I take it the icon would be face only..... makes one wonder if it would work on me bum, as well.
QUOTE(LoveMyPugs @ Feb 14 2007, 11:50 AM) *

I know I'm pushing the Clinique line hard but it really does work. For the acne on your biggrin.gif you could try this.

+Quote Post
LoveMyPugs
post Feb 14 2007, 10:33 AM
Post #124

I know I'm pushing the Clinique line hard but it really does work. For the acne on your biggrin.gif you could try this.

+Quote Post
Moonpieluv
post Feb 14 2007, 09:13 AM
Post #125

Hardcore BUSTie

I hear ya, girl. You're not alone. I get them in the summer mostly or after workouts. I used to get them when I was dancing since 11 years old primarily because I was sweating profusely in tights and leotards. They've been a bit better lately, but I still get pimples from time to time, just worse in the summer. I've also tried a body scrub, but I'm afraid that would just spread the heat rash or whatever around. I've heard lavendar works to soothe and heal irritations, of course diluting it in it's essential form. I'll dig around and keep you posted cause I would like to combat this before summer arrives! Plan on visiting a doc., as well to pinpoint what it is so i may receive proper or suggestive treatment.
QUOTE(fantaz @ Dec 9 2006, 04:27 PM) *

I have a really embarrassing problem. No matter what time of year it is, I always seem to get pimples on my butt! I have no idea what to do to get rid of it! I have had this since I was 16, and I have never found an effective way of getting rid of it. All that harsh benzol peroxide stuff is was to harsh and it stains clothes! does anybody know of any effective ways of taking care of this! I am tired of being ashamed when Isee myself naked!

+Quote Post
LoveMyPugs
post Feb 13 2007, 07:21 AM
Post #126

Let me be clear that it didn't miraculously take me from bad skin to fabulous skin. It’s clearing up gradually but quickly in my opinion compared to other lines I’ve tried. Plus it makes my skin soft and more even. I have dark spots from old pimples that I picked at and I think the toner is really helping them to go away faster. You can go to their website and answer some questions and they’ll suggest which products are best for you. The first thing is to get into their three-step treatment. Cleanse, tone/exfoliate and then moisturize. When I do get pimples on this treatment regiment they are very small white heads. I pop them and the next day they are already drying up. My biggest problem area is my chin. I only do this regiment in the morning and I don’t wear makeup. I love this line. The acne soap isn’t drying but it does make your skin flake a little. Then the toner, which smells so good to me, you wipe over your face with a cotton ball. You can actually see on the cotton ball when you’re done what looks like dirt but is really just the flaky skin cells that the soap brought up that usually clog your pores. Then when the toner is dry you moisturize with the moisturizing gel, which is so light and soaks right in leaving your face so soft. Mr. Pug loves to touch my face afterwards cause it just makes it feel so soft and smooth. Mr. Pug shaves his head and face and sometimes he uses my moisturizing gel cause he says it so light and a little goes a long way. I bought him an after shaving lotion from Clinique’s men’s line and he uses it all the time which is great cause now he doesn’t use mine. My Mom is the epitome of “Your skin looks terrible. Stop picking. What are you using? You’re going to get scars.” Blah, blah, blah. She saw me on Saturday night and said, “God your skin looks great. What are you using?” She went to the mall to the Clinique counter the next day. She and I have very similar skin although she’s older and has different needs. I highly recommend it. My three step line is $44 but all the products last a long time. I'd say about three months or more.

+Quote Post
_octinoxate
post Feb 12 2007, 10:57 PM
Post #127

Hardcore BUSTie

Pugs mentioned in "cuss and discuss skin care items" that the clinique acne line got her skin in great shape. Anyone else have experience with it? Does it work? Is it super pricey? And so on...

+Quote Post
fantaz
post Feb 10 2007, 12:15 PM
Post #128

BUSTie

Thanks guys! I do sweat kind of a lot. I think that it might be due to heat as well. THe other day I was using a heating pad on my back, and then the next day I saw little red bumps were I had it. what do you guys think i should do about that?

also, what do you guys know about those pore vacumms? i had tried almost everything to get rid of the blackheads on my nose, and nothing works. pore strips only seem to make them come back with a vengence, and creams drie my skin out really bad, even if i use them occasionally (i have really sensitive skin).

+Quote Post
stargazer
post Dec 11 2006, 03:09 PM
Post #129

brown delicious

fantaz~do you sweat alot? i agree that you might want to check out a dermatologist. but, your body could be clearing out some toxins stored up in your body too.

--------------------
"I'm not impressed easily. Wow! A blue car!"-Homer Simpson

+Quote Post
_octinoxate
post Dec 9 2006, 04:01 PM
Post #130

Hardcore BUSTie

fantaz, first of all, welcome to bust. Now then, as far as your question goes: have you ever actually had a doc take a look and confirm that you're dealing with pimples? Sounds like it could be other things, like heat rash, folliculitis... that would explain why the usual acne treatments aren't working for you. I'd make an appointment and find out if you're even barking up the right tree.

+Quote Post
fantaz
post Dec 9 2006, 03:10 PM
Post #131

BUSTie

I have a really embarrassing problem. No matter what time of year it is, I always seem to get pimples on my butt! I have no idea what to do to get rid of it! I have had this since I was 16, and I have never found an effective way of getting rid of it. All that harsh benzol peroxide stuff is was to harsh and it stains clothes! does anybody know of any effective ways of taking care of this! I am tired of being ashamed when Isee myself naked!

+Quote Post
stargazer
post Dec 8 2006, 03:24 PM
Post #132

brown delicious

really ophelia? wow, i've never experienced burning. that's interesting. my ND said to view acne as a form of diabetes of the skin. i thought that was pretty cool. it is also the breakdown of sugars in other foods like wheat, chocolate, and other carbs...it almost becomes toxic for the skin. so it has no other place to go but your skin. hence, PMS breakouts. how many busties gorge on sweets and carbs during this time?

--------------------

+Quote Post
opheliathemuse
post Dec 7 2006, 11:51 PM
Post #133

Hardcore BUSTie

stargazer, what you said about your face showing you what you've eaten, particularly in sugar volume matches my experience. I can feel my skin burn and see flareups of sizes proprotionate to the amount of sugar I ate.

--------------------
There is a willow grows aslant a brook,
That shows his hoar leaves in the glassy stream.
There with fantastic garlands did she come...

+Quote Post
na_ncy
post Dec 7 2006, 05:01 AM
Post #134

I've suffered with pimples (not a level of serious acne) till I was 19. Now I'm 28 and almost free from that problem. After a long and exhausted journey with general skin care products, I’ve switched over to herbal products according to the suggestion of my co-worker. I’ve been using Gold Turmeric Cream with 24k Gold. At first I clean my face with cleansing milk and rinse with lukewarm water to remove extra oil. Then I gently apply Gold Turmeric Cream with 24k Gold on my face.

+Quote Post
stargazer
post Nov 22 2006, 11:38 AM
Post #135

brown delicious

thanks chacha for the link and other suggestions! i was thinking of you as i was posting yesterday. smile.gif

octinoxate~my ND is working with me on clearing the gastro-intenstinal system. the first part is discovering your sensitivities to certain foods. there is an elimination of these foods from your diet initially. (eventually, these foods will be slowly worked back in when your body is stronger.) then, there is a detox while following the rules to promote healthy digestion. i will get accupuncture to help promote waste removal in about 2 weeks. my ND discussed with me how dermatology prescribes antibiotics, which cause constipation in some patients. his take that the digestive system needs to be cleared and strengthen to promote and prevent clear skin. he was fairly confident that if i follow his rules and the detox that i would not see anymore flare ups. he said he has seen in his adolescent patients the results when they don't follow his rules--i.e. acne.

dermatology works for some people. it just didn't work for me. if you want to try a different approach and can afford it, then i encourage you to go to a ND. you will learn alot. it is common sense stuff, but it is information that will help you in the long run healthwise. i guess do whatever seems to work for you.

--------------------

+Quote Post
chachaheels
post Nov 22 2006, 04:34 AM
Post #136

Hardcore BUSTie

Here's a very good description, written as a post in a forum, on the Oil Cleansing Method.

You can use any oil with the castor oil. They suggest extra virgin olive oil, but you can use avocado, sesame, almond, or jojoba, which is a very stable oil (it won't go rancid like the other, more fragile, oils above--so you don't have to store it in a cool, dark place).

Making a castor oil pack (rubbing it into the skin over an area that is painful or inflamed) and covering it with a heated flannel also relieves a great deal of pain. Lots of people use this as a pain relief method for back pain, joint pain, and period cramps.

Whatever oil you use for your Oil Cleansing method routine, it really should be the purest and best quality--expeller/cold pressed, organic, with no bleaches, deodorizers, or hexane used in the processing. I can usually find the Palma Christie castor oil brand in most good health food stores or drug stores; same with the pure skin oils (I think Aubrey makes organic pure oils). Most high quality oils can be found for less than $20 a bottle, and they last a long time with this method of skin cleansing.

--------------------
May suitable doses of guaranteed sensual pleasure and slow, long-lasting enjoyment preserve us from the contagion of the multitude who mistake frenzy for efficiency.

+Quote Post
_octinoxate
post Nov 21 2006, 11:45 PM
Post #137

Hardcore BUSTie

Star, what is the oil cleansing method-? And what sorts of things does your ND do for acne? Is the primary thing dietary recommendations? Have you/the ND/anybody else heard of this "all natural" vitamin/supplement thing for acne? I think it's called something that sounds a lot like accutane, actually. (acnezine?)

God, accutane is very harsh on everything, I think: can give you joint problems, hearing problems, eyes too dry for contacts, cracked and bloody lips, reduced night vision...

I've been off the pill for a month now and apart from two ginormous zits this week, it's not so bad on my skin so far... It's common to break out right before your period anyway, right?

+Quote Post
stargazer
post Nov 21 2006, 10:56 PM
Post #138

brown delicious

accutane is very harsh on the liver (as well as litium). i was on accutane for 3 months at 19. it worked. but, at 31, thanks to my genetics...acne returned in a nice cystic form (insert sarcasm). i struggled with it for the past year. had all kinds of treatment...antibiotics, topical creams, injections, and laser surgery. still getting the cysts here and there. i stopped treatment in october. i did the oil cleansing method. um, it brought up the cystic acne full force all over my face at once. hard on my self esteem...but, i feel it is deep cleaning.

there used to be a cuss and discuss thread on skin care in the Lounge...alas, i think it got eaten up in the last shutdown of the Lounge. there was a great discussion about using a different approach to acne.

BP is terribly drying for the skin. it is still not regulating the production of oil. i stopped using BP products and other drying toners on my back...and rarely get breakouts. i was using the oil cleansing method for a short time on my upper back and noticed a difference.

i've gone to a ND to help with my acne. he said to think of acne as a form of diabetes of the skin. food is connected to acne. as much as dermatologists say it isn't. all of the sugar in your body has nowhere to go but get out through your face. think how when you get your period....you want sweets, chocolate, and load up on carbs...which result in PMS breakouts. plus, there is a connection between bacteria and your digestive system. so, if your digestive system is backed up, then you face will load up.

i thought i would just share this info. i wish i had a link. but, i'm kinda excited to see how it works. my skin is sensitive to all of these chemicals for the face. i build up a tolerance after awhile and my skin just dries out.

--------------------

+Quote Post
nodoubt714
post Nov 4 2006, 03:33 PM
Post #139

Hey everyone! I used to use Dove Essential Nutrients lotion, and it was pretty much the only lotion that has ever worked well on my skin. However, I am having a hard time trying to find it now. Is it discontinued?

+Quote Post
_octinoxate
post Oct 21 2006, 07:45 PM
Post #140

Hardcore BUSTie

And then of course, going on Accutane for the skin issues could exacerbate the mood issues... that's bad stuff.

Thanks for putting the warning out there, ace. I hadn't heard that about lithium.

+Quote Post

8 Pages V  « < 5 6 7 8 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: April 18, 2014 - 11:52 PM