Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Bacterial Vaginosis--or--embarrassing bad smell
glitzz
post Jan 4 2008, 11:46 PM
Post #2301

QUOTE(neverending @ Jan 2 2008, 04:31 PM) *
JUST SOMETHING INTERESTING!

http://www.celle.com/about.aspx

wow blink.gif that is just really insane , i mean if we should be able to keep anything private and to ourselves its definitely our periods wow !
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
jularee
post Jan 4 2008, 07:39 PM
Post #2302

BUSTie

Hi ladies! Hope everything has been going well for you guys. just wanted to give a quick update. I'm still doing really well after finishing the flagyl a few weeks ago. I had sex the other day so I decided to use a boric acid capsule (yeast arrest) coated with tea tree oil. So far so good. I've had a little more discharge lately but i think it's because of where i am with my cycle. No odor though. Woo hoo! smile.gif

+Quote Post
mg86
post Jan 4 2008, 01:37 PM
Post #2303

BUSTie

Hi everyone,

glitzz- Thanks for the boric acid info...I've read a lot of people have had success with it, so I'm going to give it a try, eventually (if a few other things don't work) smile.gif

Has anyone used Jarrow Fem-Dopholus? That is next on my list. If so, how long until you noticed results?

Thanks

+Quote Post
CanCan
post Jan 3 2008, 04:04 PM
Post #2304

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(neverending @ Jan 3 2008, 03:03 PM) *
WELCOME BACK CAJUNGIRL!

Has anyone tried L-THEANINE for depression/anxiety?

Ya, I take it whenever I am feeling stressed out. It's great.

+Quote Post
neverending
post Jan 3 2008, 01:46 PM
Post #2305

Hardcore BUSTie

WELCOME BACK CAJUNGIRL!

Has anyone tried L-THEANINE for depression/anxiety?

+Quote Post
cajungirl
post Jan 3 2008, 10:31 AM
Post #2306

hello Ladies, I haven't been on here for a while now (over a yr) and haven't read through the thousands of posts lately, so I'm not sure if anyone has recommended this yet...

I've been using part of Rockwell Nutrition's BV Protocol (http://www.rockwellnutrition.com/view_category.asp?cat=139). I was always concerned about whether 'homemade' Boric Acid capsules were safe, but Rockwell's products claim to be all natural, are even safe during pregnancy and actually work!

I get the Yeast Arrest Boric Acid suppositories and try to use them when needed, which ends up being every 2-3 days, then try to follow with a HLC CandaClear Suppository (I'm not very good about remembering, until it comes back--outta sight, outta mind, right?). I haven't tried to use the Yeast Arrest Boric Acid Suppository for more than two days in a row because the smell/discharge clears up and I don't continue until it comes back again. So, I'm sure it would work even better if I stayed on track as the protocol suggests. Though, everyone's different.

I believe not exercising and not eating healthy foods is also a HUGE factor. I will try to be better at exercising and eating right—I have a Pilates/Yoga routine that's only takes 20-30 mins, but don't do it as I should dry.gif

Regardless, this stuff works, as long as you keep up with it. So, if you haven't heard of it, I definitely recommend trying it. There are other products that are part of their protocol, which I haven't tried yet. I figure I'd stick to these two since they seem to do the trick.

I feel your pain ladies, so I hope this message finds you relief.

Happy New Year!!

+Quote Post
CanCan
post Jan 3 2008, 08:33 AM
Post #2307

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(Italianwife88 @ Dec 30 2007, 01:47 PM) *
CanCan, Yeah no more baths for me, what sucks though is the Husband and I are suppose to be going away for 2 days to some cabins in VA for 2 days. It has a jacuzzi and were going to bring our champaign and have lots of sex lol, but I dont want to get sick again. so what can I do? The doctor told me its the chemicals in the hot tubs and pools that do that, and its just the bath tub being dirty that does it. I want to have a good time there but i dont want to come home sick..again. And EVERY time I have a UTI its strickly kidneys. I find that odd.

Ya, the chemicals in a hot tub are really strong, so if the water get up there in your vagina, all your microbes will be wiped out. That is the purpose of the chemicals, to kill microbes! The thing is, because all of us are sensitive or have thin skin or thin mucous membranes vaginally, even a clean bath tub can hurt you. I know some of us on this forum have done sitz baths, or apple cider vinegar in a shallow bath.. but I could never do that because that for me would be like a big douche! And douching is what gave me BV in the first place. I would never even go into a jacuzzi again unless I was maybe wearing a tampon. To block the water from going up there.

+Quote Post
Bella10
post Jan 2 2008, 04:37 PM
Post #2308

BUSTie

Just an update I called my gyn today to get the results of my culture and she informed me that I still have BV even though I have a normal ph level, no odor and no discharge. This is so frustrating I can cry. So back to Flagyl and AVC cream to prevent a yeast infection from the Flagyl. I hate Flagyl it makes me nauseous and I am going away skiing next week and want to drink so I am starting the meds when I get back and then back to the gyn on the 29th. Fun fun.

+Quote Post
konphusion26
post Jan 2 2008, 02:30 PM
Post #2309

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(neverending @ Jan 2 2008, 03:31 PM) *

Thats kinda creepy to me. LOL You never know what they're doing with those cells when they're supposedly in "storage". Besides, I wouldnt pay anyone that much money to store my cells for future use. What happens if you die after you've gone through all that. What do they do with your "Cells" and money then??? Craziness.

--------------------
Faith is hoping for and believing in things you cannot see!

+Quote Post
neverending
post Jan 2 2008, 02:14 PM
Post #2310

Hardcore BUSTie

+Quote Post
quietmadness
post Jan 2 2008, 12:16 PM
Post #2311

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(jewelscando @ Jan 2 2008, 12:32 AM) *
Are the capsules already filled up? If so, just insert, 1 at night, for a few nights, right before you go to bed. If they are not filled, then take a Gel cap, use a dropper, and fill it up. Close the gel cap, then insert.

I did this for just a couple nights in a row, then now only the Next evening after sex. Seems to be working great for me!!

Thanks for the reply, Jewels!

I only got a bottle of the oil though, not the capsules. What I did was put a few drops on the end of a tampon and inserted that. I used one of the suppositories---boy was THAT a greasy mess! I think I could probably put some of the oil into a douche, too.

That stuff smells wonderful, though. Love the smell. Sure is a lot better than lobster bait!!

--Quiet--

+Quote Post
glitzz
post Jan 2 2008, 02:17 AM
Post #2312

QUOTE(mg86 @ Dec 29 2007, 08:45 PM) *
glitzz - thanks for your reply... I have read about others using the boric acid. How did you use it exactly? And how often?

konphusion26 - Flagyl is the worst! I always feel horribly nauseous when I take it...I can barely eat. It also gives your mouth a nasty taste. I hate Flagyl! LOL

i bought the pure boric acid from cvs it was in a white bottle that said boric acid on the front($5) and i went to gnc and bought some size 00 gelatin capsules ($3) the come in packs of a hundred, then i went home and filled about 30 capsules full of the boric so i would have some leftovers in case of emergency, then u insert one capsules before bed for a week some ppl say ten days but everyone is different i was completely symptom free after 3days but i used it for seven just to be on the safe side, the smell is gone after the first treatment or in like 12 hrs which was a blessing all in itself, but expect a lot of discharge which is clear and odorless but its alot i so a pantyliner is strongly suggested, i think its your bodies way of getting rid of the bad stuff but thats just my theory , but my symptoms haven't returned yet (knock on wood) and know i just use it after i have sex just to be on the safe side i hope it work for u if u try it and keep us posted!

+Quote Post
jewelscando
post Jan 1 2008, 11:15 PM
Post #2313

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(quietmadness @ Jan 1 2008, 11:06 PM) *
Anybody got pointers on what to do with the Tea Tree Oil?? I understand the supps, but not the oil. Douche?? Thanks, y'all...

--Quiet--

Are the capsules already filled up? If so, just insert, 1 at night, for a few nights, right before you go to bed. If they are not filled, then take a Gel cap, use a dropper, and fill it up. Close the gel cap, then insert.

I did this for just a couple nights in a row, then now only the Next evening after sex. Seems to be working great for me!!

+Quote Post
Bella10
post Jan 1 2008, 04:55 PM
Post #2314

BUSTie

QUOTE(yme30 @ Dec 30 2007, 10:44 PM) *
Hi Bella which birth control pill are u taking, I am on lovara?? and it makes me sick to my stomach still, many of times I had to leave work early because of the side effects. Being that I had BV since the age of 14 I really do think it could be hormone related because that was the same year of my period. Also are you 100% BV free, if so than I am so happy for you and tell me exactly what you did so I can do it too. Bye for now and thanks for responding to my earlier post.

I am on Loestrin. I haven't experienced any side effects on it and that was also the same pill I was on for 11 years. Yes I went to the Dr last week and she said she thinks I am BV free as I am not displaying any symptoms to be on the safe side she ran cultures which I have to call up and get the results of tomorrow but she really doesn't think I still have yet I am still terrified about making that call tomorrow just in case! I took 500mg of Flagyl two times a day for 7 days and a suppository of gynazol to counteract for a yeast infection. So far Flagyl has been the only medication that has helped me even though I get deathly nauseous. They aren't kidding when they say no alcohol they mean NO ALCOHOL not even Listerine. I gargled with Listerine and very shortly after it felt like I had stomach virus for 24 hours. It was horrible. Has your Dr ran any tests to determine your hormone levels?

+Quote Post
quietmadness
post Jan 1 2008, 04:49 PM
Post #2315

Hardcore BUSTie

Anybody got pointers on what to do with the Tea Tree Oil?? I understand the supps, but not the oil. Douche?? Thanks, y'all...

--Quiet--

+Quote Post
jularee
post Jan 1 2008, 11:55 AM
Post #2316

BUSTie

QUOTE(dcg123 @ Jan 1 2008, 12:15 PM) *
If you're like most Yeast Infection sufferers, the reason you're having such a hard time getting rid of your yeast infection is because you're using methods that couldn't possibly work, physiologically speaking. Not only that, you could be utterly destroying your delicate internal balance and your health and making your Yeast Infection worse in the process!

Yeast Infection starts from the inside and can only be treated and cured from the inside. If you continue to treat Yeast Infection externally by killing the Yeast Infection symptoms or by using antibiotics you are literally putting your health on the line and you will never get rid of your Yeast Infection. You see, most people who fail to treat their Yeast Infection are simply repeating the same mistakes over and over again.

Even the natural products that promise to kill the source of the infection (e.g. killing Candida Albicans) do not work because candida is a naturally occurring yeast that is found in everybody and the only way to get rid of it is to neutralize the environment that encourages its overgrowth, not by killing the yeast.

The key to your success is working with your body by stopping the internal cause of Yeast Infection while maintaining that inner natural balance where Yeast Infection ceases to exist.

Spamming trolls ARE NOT welcome on this board. Besides this is a BV forum not yeast. BE GONE TROLL!!

+Quote Post
yme30
post Jan 1 2008, 10:58 AM
Post #2317

BUSTie

Thats all I need is yet another on line infomercial product that doesn't deliver results but takes my hard earned money.

ps. this is the BV board.

+Quote Post
quietmadness
post Dec 31 2007, 07:45 PM
Post #2318

Hardcore BUSTie

I just received the TTO and the TTO suppositories today in the mail.

Now what?? mellow.gif

--Quiet--

+Quote Post
mfc10
post Dec 31 2007, 05:07 PM
Post #2319

BUSTie

QUOTE(yme30 @ Dec 31 2007, 05:14 PM) *
Hi Mfc10, I wanna thank you for the link you provided, it is always helpful when us ladies get together and share useful information with one another. I thank all the ladies here for being so helpful, friendly,and understanding. Mfc10 how often did you use the suppositories give me the complete 411. Thanks.

I mainly have used the suppositories as a maintenance/preventive method. (I got over repeat cycles of BV & yeast infections, finally, 18 months ago, after using boric acid at night for 2 weeks.) After things cleared up, I would take a tea tree oil suppository, break it in 1/2 and insert it in the morning. I usually wore a panty-liner, but it really didn't make a messy discharge like boric acid does. I did that for months. Then, when I was sure things were under control, I switched to using estrogen cream in the mornings 3 days per week and Sylk lubricant (pH=4.7) on alternate mornings. So far, so good!

Happy New Year,
Maggie

+Quote Post
jewelscando
post Dec 31 2007, 04:01 PM
Post #2320

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(chantelhugo @ Dec 31 2007, 07:34 PM) *
I inserted tea tree oil in a capsule 2 nights ago, and I think it gave me a yeast infection??
Jewels, did this happen to you after you used the tea tree? I am a big afraid to try it again...

No, did not get a yeast infection at all. But remember, I said, wouldn't use this if you are raw in any way. I don't think it would feel so good if you were raw!! But, no, in fact, my b.v. is gone again, so, I'm sure I'll have sex again tonight, and I will probably use it after that tonight. But, so far, so good on my end! rolleyes.gif

+Quote Post

271 Pages V  « < 114 115 116 117 118 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
4 User(s) are reading this topic (4 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: July 31, 2014 - 04:08 AM