The Lounge Guidelines Help Search Members Calendar Blogs

Welcome Guest [ Log In | Register ] ]

120 Pages V  « < 5 6 7 8 9 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Crimes of Fashion part Deux...this time, it's personal.
shibooya
post Jun 6 2009, 07:18 AM
Post #121

BUSTie

I don't know if anyone mentioned Crocs yet.

Those are definitely on my hate list. I mean they're plastic for cryin' out loud, or rubber, whatever. They're literally 5 cents each and UGLY and people pay 100,000 times that for nothing.

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
candycane_girl
post Jun 5 2009, 11:40 PM
Post #122

Hardcore BUSTie

Today at the grocery store (of all places) a young girl, probably high school or early college age basically in a punk rock school girl get up. White shirt, platformed black army boots but....a plaid skirt so fucking short that I could actually see the bottom of her ass. I don't care how great your body is I should not be able to see your ass hanging out of your teeny tiny skirt!

+Quote Post
stargazer
post Jun 5 2009, 11:24 PM
Post #123

brown delicious

QUOTE(auralpoison @ Jun 4 2009, 08:28 PM) *
At the risk of starting more drama, I gotta say: Big girls, that stuff looks shitty/ridiculous on a size four. What makes you think WE need to be wearing it, too? Listen to Johnny Mercer, accentuate the positive!

I've been biting my tongue for awhile on that one too, AP. I agree with you. I think leggings as part of an outfit looks good if you are under 25 and go by the name, Miley Cyrus. I have an hourglass figure and skintight jeans or leggings would make me look like I have stumps for legs that can barely hold my body weight up.

I remember when the whole skinny jean phase was starting and someone I knew (who is easily influenced by trends) thought she should buy a pair. I said, "Only if you are in a punk rock band." She is uber North face yuppie. She would've looked really odd.

--------------------
"I'm not impressed easily. Wow! A blue car!"-Homer Simpson

+Quote Post
girltrouble
post Jun 5 2009, 08:06 PM
Post #124

new highs in personal lows daily!

seriously immoral cof: flip flops, way, way, way too tight red sweats with a black and white stripe on the sides, and a metallic electric blue bikini top.

i really wish i had a fork. i really don't want eyes anymore.

--------------------

"what a swell farewell party! we said goodbye to everything, including the lining in my stomach." - garvey, from the film, born bad

"That's one career all females have in common, whether we like it or not: being a woman. Sooner or later, we've got to work at it, no matter how many other careers we've had or wanted." --margo channing, all about eve

+Quote Post
shibooya
post Jun 5 2009, 01:13 PM
Post #125

BUSTie

QUOTE(lowredmoon @ Jun 5 2009, 02:01 PM) *
Don't get me wrong, I like tights. And I don't really have a problem with leggings, provided the wearer of said leggings is wearing them under something else. Like a skirt, or a dress. The problem comes in when people do the leggings-as-pants thing, and wear them without any further coverage. The absolute worst comes when they do the same thing with tights.

Yeah that's true, I see that around college campuses a lot (I work at one). That's really annoying.

--------------------

+Quote Post
lowredmoon
post Jun 5 2009, 01:01 PM
Post #126

Hardcore BUSTie

Don't get me wrong, I like tights. And I don't really have a problem with leggings, provided the wearer of said leggings is wearing them under something else. Like a skirt, or a dress. The problem comes in when people do the leggings-as-pants thing, and wear them without any further coverage. The absolute worst comes when they do the same thing with tights.

--------------------
"Another belief of mine: that everyone else my age is an adult, whereas I am merely in disguise."
--Margaret Atwood

+Quote Post
culturehandy
post Jun 5 2009, 12:58 PM
Post #127

(o)(o)

EWWWWWWWWWWW. Stirrup pants!!! BLECH.

*vomits*

They stirrup the food I had for lunch.

--------------------
Hatred does not cease in this world by hating, but by not hating; this is an eternal truth. --- Buddah, The Dhammapada

+Quote Post
girltrouble
post Jun 5 2009, 12:33 PM
Post #128

new highs in personal lows daily!

those tights are so ugly it's a sin.

i really don't have a problem with leggings in general, tho. i don't own a pair, but i tend towards jeans and slacks. but i don't get the anti-thing. the way i figure it, it could be a LOT worse.

...they could be stirrup pants.

--------------------

"what a swell farewell party! we said goodbye to everything, including the lining in my stomach." - garvey, from the film, born bad

"That's one career all females have in common, whether we like it or not: being a woman. Sooner or later, we've got to work at it, no matter how many other careers we've had or wanted." --margo channing, all about eve

+Quote Post
culturehandy
post Jun 5 2009, 10:57 AM
Post #129

(o)(o)

Damn, them tights is ooglay.

--------------------
Hatred does not cease in this world by hating, but by not hating; this is an eternal truth. --- Buddah, The Dhammapada

+Quote Post
shibooya
post Jun 5 2009, 10:22 AM
Post #130

BUSTie

I dunno, I was actually anti-leggings and tights for a long time but now I think they're actually pretty tasteful for work. Especially since I work in a really cold office - as long as I dress it up and make it look less Laguna Beach, I think it still works. I think it depends who can pull it off and make it look different instead of another Lohan or Conrad clone.

--------------------

+Quote Post
lowredmoon
post Jun 4 2009, 08:48 PM
Post #131

Hardcore BUSTie

AP, you're totally right. There is NO ONE who can get away with leggings. And I don't need everyone else in the world privy to every dimple on my ass. Nor do I need to advertise my wide ass with words written across my ass. Torrid has been doing some terrible things to big girls in the last couple of years, which is why I'm spending time in the big girls' clothing threads, looking for suitable replacements.

I've been meaning to post about leggings, actually. I teach freshman comp at a big state school, so you can imagine how many horrific fashion crimes I witness on a daily basis. But there was a girl in my first class of fall semester. Let's call her Little Miss No Pants. She came in one day wearing a tunic top (it was NOT a dress) and a pair of what I thought at first were leggings, and a pair of giant stiletto sandals. It was fugly on its own. Then she proceeded to slouch all up in her desk, with her legs wide open, showing the cotton crotch of her tights. That's right--they weren't leggings. They were plain old opaque black tights. And that tunic top was most definitely not a dress.

She's in my summer course...I can't wait to see what she wears next.

--------------------
"Another belief of mine: that everyone else my age is an adult, whereas I am merely in disguise."
--Margaret Atwood

+Quote Post
auralpoison
post Jun 4 2009, 08:28 PM
Post #132

Big Fat Bitch

QUOTE(prettynpink @ Jun 4 2009, 08:30 PM) *

At the risk of starting more drama, I gotta say: Big girls, that stuff looks shitty/ridiculous on a size four. What makes you think WE need to be wearing it, too? Listen to Johnny Mercer, accentuate the positive!

I was looking for a new pair of lightweight summer big girl jeans & saw these at Macy's. I gots a great big, flat ass. It does not need to be highlighted by some cheesy Ed Hardy jeans. I might as well put on a pair of jeans that say "wide load" on the back as wear those.

I am personally fascinated by the whole Ed Hardy/Von Dutch thing. How is it that something so heavily saturated has such cache amongst the douchbags of the world?

--------------------
"You're cute, like a velvet glove cast in iron. And like a gas chamber, a real fun gal."

+Quote Post
Christine Nectar...
post Jun 4 2009, 08:14 PM
Post #133

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(prettynpink @ Jun 4 2009, 08:30 PM) *

wow. scary just to think of what people might do with those!

+Quote Post
prettynpink
post Jun 4 2009, 07:30 PM
Post #134

Hardcore BUSTie

NO.

--------------------
Whats brown and sticky? A STICK! bwuahahahahahahahahahaaaa

+Quote Post
MsKissyStarfish
post Jun 1 2009, 06:50 PM
Post #135

BUSTie

"I saw a lot of tights and black leggings. It is May 31, and warm get rid of the tights and leggings"

Ditto on this topic. At the same time neither is a triangle bikini top (two sizes at least too small!) and a pair of cut-offs, and ratty old flip-flops do not an outfit make. Especially at the local Fred Meyer on May 31 many miles from anything that could be considered beachy. It was nasty. =I Summer wear does not have to have a gross out factor.

--------------------
"What's past is prologue."
~William Shakespeare

The Tempest

+Quote Post
missladyj
post Jun 1 2009, 04:28 PM
Post #136

Hardcore BUSTie

It was a lovely day in chi-town yesterday that plus a street fair = COF's

If you are gonna wear a maxi dress that I can see your underwear through, please invest in a slip.

I saw a lot of tights and black leggings. It is May 31, and warm get rid of the tights and leggings

Your velor jacket is not appropriate for this time of year. Also your runny coke nose is never fashionable

+Quote Post
girl_logic
post May 27 2009, 11:47 AM
Post #137

Hardcore BUSTie

Visible thong, okay! Visible ass-crack, please, no!

--------------------
There are years that ask questions and years that answer. - zora neale hurston

+Quote Post
pollystyrene
post May 27 2009, 11:45 AM
Post #138

Too many mutha uckas, Uckin' with my shi-

Aw, PiP, your link's not working- did you use the "For Public Viewing" link at the bottom of the picture? Otherwise the privacy settings on FB kick in.

--------------------
You went to school where you were taught to fear and to obey, be cheerful, fit in, or someone might think you're weird.
Life can be perfect. People can be trusted. Someday, I will fall in love; a nice quiet home of my very own.
Free from all the pain. Happy and having fun all the time.
It never happened, did it?

+Quote Post
Christine Nectar...
post May 27 2009, 07:09 AM
Post #139

Hardcore BUSTie

Spotted: COF waiting for the bus on a blustery day (yesterday). Short cropped pink wool jacket, nice on its own, but not with tapered navy work pants and cheap pink flip flops! and I’m sure she can afford real shoes, since her hot pink mani/pedi looked fresh and professionally done.

+Quote Post
futura
post May 27 2009, 02:14 AM
Post #140

Hardcore BUSTie

Star, WORD!

--------------------
"It was when I found out I could make mistakes that I knew I was on to something"- Ornette Coleman

+Quote Post

120 Pages V  « < 5 6 7 8 9 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: August 20, 2014 - 10:41 AM