The Lounge Guidelines Help Search Members Calendar Blogs

Welcome Guest [ Log In | Register ] ]

120 Pages V  « < 105 106 107 108 109 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Crimes of Fashion part Deux...this time, it's personal.
ginger_kitty
post Jun 23 2006, 01:35 PM
Post #2121

Hardcore BUSTie

I don't have a Cof to report, but I was reading this crazy article in my local newspaper yesterday, entitled what to wear to look slimmer. The article said women should not wear shorts(they make your legs look thick), capris(even supermodel look shorter and wider in them), tank tops(they don't flatter our bodies), shirts w/ scoop necks(draws to much attenion to the round breast area),skirts(can make you seem short), and becareful of which dress you choose(several reasons were listed).

I wanted to kill the journalist that had the nerve to write it. But since she ruled out most summer clothing and didn't mention nudity as being unflatteringly, I'm tempted to spend my summer in my birthday suit!

--------------------
-We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different.

-What we think, we become.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
kittenbonanza
post Jun 23 2006, 07:17 AM
Post #2122

This thread reminds me of a girl I saw at the carnival last year. She looked good and everything, but her t-shirt proudly proclaimed her to be a "Midnight Cowgirl". I really wanted to go up to her and say, "You do know that means you're a hooker, right?"

+Quote Post
smurfin
post Jun 18 2006, 02:44 PM
Post #2123

BUSTie

I think this is my first time in the CoF thread. So, hi all, I'm Smurfin, and I am a CoF spotter.

Anyway, I was sitting in the park today. Today being one of the only hot days we'll likely get around here, so everybody had this kind of 'get your summer while you can' spirit. Now, nothing wrong with that. It was pretty much the reason I was out there. But oh my god. The CoFs! These were my particular favourites:

Two ladies, obviously friends, maybe more. Late fifties. One was wearing LEGGINGS that only went down to her calf and let me tell you: I don't know if anyone has the figure for leggings, but this lady *certainly* didn't. She looked vacuum-wrapped. Seriously.

The horrible thing was, I was torn between this lady's pants and her friend's when it comes to ultimate CoFs. Her friend was wearing flared trousers (ok, fair enough), with massive jungle print (well...) which almost WENT UP TO HER ARMPITS. The stragly I-haven't-cut-my-hair-since-the-seventies-hair-and-now-it's-dead really finished the ensemble.

Still, I'm not sure if these people were the worst or if the man wearing red-white-blue striped (the Dutch flag) shorts that SPELLED OUT HIS ASS CRACK gets the medal. Seriously, I don't.

+Quote Post
miss_jane
post Jun 16 2006, 02:31 AM
Post #2124

BUSTie

It was pretty horrific, especially since it stood out in the crowds of non-ironic 80's fashion, people head to toe in leather (on a roasting hot day) and people who's skin vaguely resembled the colours of the lounge.

+Quote Post
maimy
post Jun 15 2006, 04:03 PM
Post #2125

Hardcore BUSTie

Mornington, THAT is a mindpic and a half ... (Or maybe just one, splitting in half!)

Miss Jane, that may have to go in a CoF hall of fame of some sort.

+Quote Post
msgoofball
post Jun 15 2006, 11:01 AM
Post #2126

Hardcore BUSTie

yesterday, i was driving to the beauty supply when a pedestrian needed to cross in front of me. I let her and then proceeded to gasp in horror...imagine...a stickly over-tanned so that she's wrinkly, 50 something in wedges, short cuffed shorts (in white), a white tight tank top, and then big poofy grandma hair on top, new jersy style. complete with the huge sunglasses and funky purse. eww...cover up those wrinkle legs and funky wobble knees...bleh. the outfit would have looked great on a 21 year old.

+Quote Post
herculesgirl
post Jun 14 2006, 03:29 PM
Post #2127

Hardcore BUSTie

Miss Jane...what the HELL?!?!?!?!

+Quote Post
miss_jane
post Jun 14 2006, 02:35 PM
Post #2128

BUSTie

I went to a metal festival weekend and dude, those are some bad fashion choices. I now hail metallers as CoF gods. There are too many to mention but this one stuck in my mind.

Girl, 16-18, probably a black vest top (de riguer) and she was wearing jeans but had obviously overheated and decided to turn them into shorts. Fine. But girl, if you're going to do that, don't cut them while still wearing them and then leave the leg parts on your legs. So tight they stay up. Leaving about 2 inches of flesh between the shorts and the bizarre denim thigh high legwarmers.

+Quote Post
citrussss
post Jun 14 2006, 09:25 AM
Post #2129

BUSTie

I must work in the most fashion-clueless neighborhood. On my way in this morning, I saw a woman wearing a royal blue 80's ladies suit jacket style shirt complete with those gross oversized shoulder pads, matching dress shorts and a terrible blond teased-bang perm.

All I can ask is, What did my eyes ever do to her?

I laughed when I read mornington's post. All I can say is why???

+Quote Post
mornington
post Jun 14 2006, 06:06 AM
Post #2130

now running on biodiesel and sacrificial blood

they replicate like amoebas and bacteria... they just split in half once they reach a certain size.

I keep seeing this poster for Cliff Richard on the tube and all I can think is "mom jeans"

+Quote Post
tyger
post Jun 13 2006, 06:15 PM
Post #2131

Hardcore BUSTie

maimy, you made me snort! now, how would this work... they gestate in the mom-man jeans and pop out fully grown wearing their own?

+Quote Post
maimy
post Jun 13 2006, 05:58 PM
Post #2132

Hardcore BUSTie

The million dollar question is, who're they breeding with? ... Each other ... ?

+Quote Post
epinephrine
post Jun 13 2006, 05:19 PM
Post #2133

Hardcore BUSTie

my friend saw a man in mom jeans at his work the other day. they must be breeding. god help us.

--------------------
To be free one must give up a little part of oneself.

+Quote Post
doodlebug
post Jun 13 2006, 04:17 PM
Post #2134

I know it's only rock 'n' roll. But I like it.

I swear to god I saw a man wearing mom jeans today.

--------------------
Check out my band's new demo online! You can DL my original....and please fan up if ya like it!

+Quote Post
brett
post Jun 13 2006, 06:50 AM
Post #2135

Hardcore BUSTie

large bald spot and a faded NSYNC t-shirt.

on a co-worker.

--------------------
there's more to life than making jam and having kids-damien hirst

+Quote Post
mornington
post Jun 12 2006, 11:55 AM
Post #2136

now running on biodiesel and sacrificial blood

Camden, how do I love thee? People-watching this afternoon... older lady, dyed blonde hair and permatan (whyyyyyy do they do that? is it hormonal?) Didn't notice the trousers, suspect capri pants. No, what caught my eye was the heading-south breasts, contained in a strapless, padded, underwired bra. Over this was a jersey halterneck, but her bra didn't fit (it too was headed pavementward) and it was tucking into the top of her bra. It made her poor boobies look flatter and saggier than anything.

I was also amused by the young lady walking round in her bra, except she had her t-shirt over her head and one arm.

all I'm thinking when I read citrussss' post is "wtf? eh?"

+Quote Post
citrussss
post Jun 12 2006, 11:23 AM
Post #2137

BUSTie

I just stepped out for lunch and walking down the street, what do I spy?

Middle aged woman dragging her heels down the street wearing an oversized white man's long sleeved polo shirt, a skinny grey full length skirt that was made out of men's dress pant sort of fabric with a full thigh high slit up the side. Thick black cotton leggings (the full length "dance-pants" kind) that were a size too big and bunching up around her knees. Brown suede sneakers and white soccer tube socks complete with red stripes at the top, all scrunched down around her ankles. Just gross.

On a happier note, when I walked back to the office I saw a woman wearing a shirt that said "I like good sax", with a little picture of a sax player.

+Quote Post
llamas
post Jun 12 2006, 09:16 AM
Post #2138

Hardcore BUSTie

I attended my sis-in-law's college graduation yesterday, and aside from the expected CoFs (gauchos, unflattering shrugs, etc.) I noticed a rather disturbing new trend--wearing blatantly formal, metallic and/or rhinestoned stilettos with otherwise fairly casual outfits. Yes, you may love your gold homecoming-dance shoes, but that doesn't mean you ought to wear them at noon with a cotton sundress.

+Quote Post
bklynhermit
post Jun 11 2006, 05:52 PM
Post #2139

Hardcore BUSTie

wait, mom #1 is wearing both jelly sandals AND cowboy boots? how's that?

and i have to say i can't think of anything more awful than wearing close toed shoes and socks on a day hot enough to go swimming.

+Quote Post
quietmadness
post Jun 11 2006, 05:34 PM
Post #2140

Hardcore BUSTie

MMM...

Yeah. So I'm waiting in the car for the boy-child to come out of the store with sun lotion. I'm taking him swimming.

And what do I spy?

Two obvious house-marms/soccer-moms coming out of their minivan with four children in tow. Everybody's holding hands, I'm guessing to insure their mutual "safety."

So Mom #1 has to weigh 250 pounds at about 6 feet tall, and she's got on a terry cloth sundress, red, with a STRAW COWBOY HAT, bangle earrings, square sunglasses, jelly sandals...and...I SWAR---

brown cowboy boots. worn out.

Mom #2 has on a RED terry cloth sundress, a pink baseball cap (complete with pony-tail pulled through) and...and...

black reeboks with black ankle socks. yeah...

+Quote Post

120 Pages V  « < 105 106 107 108 109 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: April 20, 2014 - 05:14 PM