The Lounge Guidelines Help Search Members Calendar Blogs

Welcome Guest [ Log In | Register ] ]

10 Pages V  « < 6 7 8 9 10 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Plus size girls are there any cool clothes out there for us ?
prophecy_grrl
post Jun 23 2008, 12:51 PM
Post #141

Hardcore BUSTie

Old Navy's plus size selections (only online now) are nice too - the bathing suits are all pretty basic, but they're on sale now so you can get some good deals. They have a lot of other cute summer stuff, too.

thanks, kitten - I always forget about Torrid. I really like the length of the shorts on the tankinis.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
kittenb
post Jun 23 2008, 07:01 AM
Post #142

There is nothing ironic about Show Choir!

If anyone else is looking for a new bathing suit, I just got a cute one at Torrid. It is a two piece that is long enough to cover my stomach (I didn't raise my arms when I tried it on) and provides some bust support.

--------------------
In times of destruction, create something.
MHK

+Quote Post
auralpoison
post Jun 22 2008, 05:16 PM
Post #143

Big Fat Bitch

*bump*

--------------------
"You're cute, like a velvet glove cast in iron. And like a gas chamber, a real fun gal."

+Quote Post
damona
post Mar 30 2008, 12:48 PM
Post #144

can i go to bed now?

thanks aural!

eta: i am wearing my all-time favourite skirt today. it's ankle length, full and swingy denim and i got it at lane bryant last summer. i wear it at least once a week. love it!

--------------------
"give me life, give me pain, give me myself again" - tori amos

+Quote Post
auralpoison
post Mar 29 2008, 02:47 PM
Post #145

Big Fat Bitch

Damona, hon, I bumped the large breast group in Our Bodies for ya. Boulder-holder info galore!

--------------------
"You're cute, like a velvet glove cast in iron. And like a gas chamber, a real fun gal."

+Quote Post
damona
post Mar 29 2008, 02:34 PM
Post #146

can i go to bed now?

hey ladies, i am looking for a decent bra that doesn't dig in or ride up. i wear a 38C and i'm pretty sure it's the right size, but maybe i should go up to a 40C? i tried 38D and my poor boobs were lost in the cups. i must have a longer length from my shoulders to my chest than most women do, or something, cuz i always have either the straps gouging my shoulders or the band works it's way up and drives me crazy. and let's not even talk about the underwires digging holes in my flesh... help!

--------------------
"give me life, give me pain, give me myself again" - tori amos

+Quote Post
crinoline
post Feb 29 2008, 01:13 PM
Post #147

Hardcore BUSTie

*pokes head in and waves*
Hi ya'll! I'm not actually plus size myself, but my best friend and most of the women in my family are, so I'm very familiar with the frustrations of shopping. I can't count how many times we've gone from store to store in a futile search for cute clothes. Here are some online resources where we've found cute, contemporary stuff:
Cherished - cute and contemporary
Kiyonna - a little bit "career dress" oriented, like Layne Bryant, but cuter (IMO)
Fashion Overdose - cute casual "alternative/indie" style clothes
Monif C. - pricey, but gorgeous dresses
And, if you're into vintage fashion like I am, Ballyhoo is an excellent resource

happy shopping, ladies! And if any of you have any good petite (aka short) resources, send 'em back at me!

--------------------
http://www.etsy.com/shop/crinolinecreations Handmade accessories for the SuperCute!

+Quote Post
sexysandee
post Feb 29 2008, 09:58 AM
Post #148

Hardcore BUSTie

I like funkier looking clothes also.... I find cute tops at Macy's... they sell Plus size Junior clothes...brands like Eyeshadow and a couple of other one's that I can't remember right now. INC has cute plus sizes also.

I enjoyed Alight... I may have to order some of those cute tops.

I heart shopping wink.gif

--------------------

"This could be the very minute
I'm aware I'm alive
All these places feel like home"

+Quote Post
auralpoison
post Feb 29 2008, 07:45 AM
Post #149

Big Fat Bitch

See, now, I'm a little more edgy than most of those places. I like to do the things big girls aren't supposed to. You should really check out Alight, LMP. I particularly like the Blue Plate brand.

It's weird. I keep getting my mom's catalogues for ugly big girl clothes. Roamann's & the Lane Bryant for women that dress ugly. I suppose most of their clientele is over fifty or blind.

--------------------

+Quote Post
LoveMyPugs
post Feb 29 2008, 07:32 AM
Post #150

My favorite places:

Old Navy
Avenue Plus
Catherines
Fashion Bug
Just My Size
Kohl's (only go up to size 24)

+Quote Post
auralpoison
post Feb 28 2008, 02:24 PM
Post #151

Big Fat Bitch

I don't like their trousers, either. There is a weird crotch thing going on. I think for most big bottom/skinny waist girls the pants are the hardest. I really liked the ONplus Flirts, but the Diva seems more popular. I keep saying I'm gonna try the customs from Target (If they still do that.).

Tops-wise I like B&Lu & Alight.

--------------------

+Quote Post
sexysandee
post Feb 28 2008, 02:04 PM
Post #152

Hardcore BUSTie

Lane Bryant has really nice tops, but the bottoms have wierd crotches... I know that sounds strange, but they are too long or something strange.

--------------------

I'm aware I'm alive

+Quote Post
auralpoison
post Feb 28 2008, 10:46 AM
Post #153

Big Fat Bitch

Since all my clothes are in storage, I've been hitting the Old Navy.com, too. I've found a few really cute things there. A couple striped things & some really colorful shirts. I tend to let my accessories speak for me. Today it is a serious pair of Fluevog boots, a geometric print scarf, some really rectangular two-tone specs, & some funky vintage jewlry.

--------------------

+Quote Post
candycane_girl
post Feb 28 2008, 10:41 AM
Post #154

Hardcore BUSTie

I shop at Old Navy a lot because it's the only store that carries my size. But there clothes can be pretty boring!

+Quote Post
sexysandee
post Feb 28 2008, 09:55 AM
Post #155

Hardcore BUSTie

I wear a 18 or 20 in Jeans. The only jeans that really fit me well, are from Old Navy.com
They have the cutest women's clothes and shipping is only 5 dollars.

I'm 5'8" and the average length is perfect on me

Wow, I sound like a commercial wink.gif

--------------------

I'm aware I'm alive

+Quote Post
candycane_girl
post Feb 27 2008, 11:07 PM
Post #156

Hardcore BUSTie

Clothes shopping gets to me too. There's a guy in my life who is always telling me that I have the perfect body. I love him but he is skinny and he doesn't know what it's like to try shopping in normal stores and not be able to fit in any of the clothes! And here in Canada we don't even have Torrid! Also I think it's stupid that Torrid carries size 12, that's not even plus size!

I do need to lose weight and get back down to my healthy size but in the meantime would it kill us to have some more stores that cater to plus size women?

+Quote Post
jami
post Feb 23 2008, 01:46 PM
Post #157

Hardcore BUSTie

LMP - I lerved your rant. I know how you feel.
and usually we just slump off. but not LMP!!!! you're the greatest

--------------------
You will travel through the valley of rejection.
You will reside in the land of morning mists.
And you will find your home.
Though it will not be to where you left it.

+Quote Post
nickclick
post Feb 23 2008, 11:07 AM
Post #158

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(Divala @ Dec 7 2006, 04:04 PM) *
Go for a Wacoal. They're pricy ($50-60), but I'm a 42DD and I swear by them. They're good for minimizers and non-minimizers (I prefer the latter - not looking to hide my boobs, just give 'em a little lift). Or if you can find them, Lunaire is pretty good. Nordstrom carries them, but their variety has been dwindling.

Wacoal is great. check TJ Maxx and Marshall's and Filene's and stores like that. i've found one or two there for half the price.

+Quote Post
LoveMyPugs
post Feb 23 2008, 10:57 AM
Post #159

mad.gif Warning!! mad.gif Warning!! mad.gif

Rant ahead:

I went to Kohl's today and I wanted a pair of Gloria Vanderbilt jeans in a size 24 SHORT. No, no, no!! They only have them in Average. They are like 3-4 inches too fucking long in average. I went to two stores and only found one fucking pair. I hate shopping for clothes. Mostly pants because I can find tops out the ass that are very cute but pants are the worst. Nothing makes me want to blow up a clothing store more then when they don't have my size. I never have a problem with my body until I have to go buy fucking clothes. It's the worst. I hate shopping. I can't wait to go to the grocery store. At least there they have things I want.

+Quote Post
postiemuse2
post Dec 11 2006, 01:52 PM
Post #160

BUSTie

UK good for bras Bravissimo shops in Leeds, london and Glasgow or John Lewis but more choice of pretty bras in Bravissimo

+Quote Post

10 Pages V  « < 6 7 8 9 10 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: July 29, 2014 - 06:09 AM