The Lounge Guidelines Help Search Members Calendar Blogs

Welcome Guest [ Log In | Register ] ]

10 Pages V  « < 7 8 9 10 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Plus size girls are there any cool clothes out there for us ?
LoveMyPugs
post Feb 23 2008, 10:57 AM
Post #161

mad.gif Warning!! mad.gif Warning!! mad.gif

Rant ahead:

I went to Kohl's today and I wanted a pair of Gloria Vanderbilt jeans in a size 24 SHORT. No, no, no!! They only have them in Average. They are like 3-4 inches too fucking long in average. I went to two stores and only found one fucking pair. I hate shopping for clothes. Mostly pants because I can find tops out the ass that are very cute but pants are the worst. Nothing makes me want to blow up a clothing store more then when they don't have my size. I never have a problem with my body until I have to go buy fucking clothes. It's the worst. I hate shopping. I can't wait to go to the grocery store. At least there they have things I want.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
postiemuse2
post Dec 11 2006, 01:52 PM
Post #162

BUSTie

UK good for bras Bravissimo shops in Leeds, london and Glasgow or John Lewis but more choice of pretty bras in Bravissimo

+Quote Post
stephanie_erin
post Dec 10 2006, 05:52 PM
Post #163

BUSTie

torrid.

--------------------
i've got a strong urge to fly,
but i've got nowhere to fly to.
-- pink floyd

+Quote Post
Divala
post Dec 7 2006, 02:47 PM
Post #164

Hardcore BUSTie

Go for a Wacoal. They're pricy ($50-60), but I'm a 42DD and I swear by them. They're good for minimizers and non-minimizers (I prefer the latter - not looking to hide my boobs, just give 'em a little lift). Or if you can find them, Lunaire is pretty good. Nordstrom carries them, but their variety has been dwindling.

--------------------
"After all those hours of concentrated effort, I come home pure as the driven snow." -Gidget

+Quote Post
lunia666
post Dec 7 2006, 11:39 AM
Post #165

Hardcore BUSTie

Hi
Am looking for a really good bra I wear a 44 DD . I need something with lots of lift but no padding any ideas?
Thanks smile.gif

+Quote Post
postiemuse2
post Oct 9 2006, 03:35 PM
Post #166

BUSTie

uk Busties might find Boden worth looking at www.boden.co.uk goes up to size twenty. I've got two great appliqued skirts. Some of the stuff is a bit sloney and its pricyish but good quality

+Quote Post
LoveMyPugs
post Sep 25 2006, 04:13 AM
Post #167

Two of my favorites

www.justmysize.com
www.herroom.com

+Quote Post
toastybean
post Sep 24 2006, 08:51 PM
Post #168

Hardcore BUSTie

lol yeah i did that too. you gotta love it when ya put on the skinny pants and you look so dang top heavy that it seems as if someone could push you with a finger and you'd topple over.....damn those skinny pants.

+Quote Post
lowredmoon
post Sep 21 2006, 08:24 AM
Post #169

Hardcore BUSTie

i tried on some of those "skinny" pants at old navy, just for the hell of it. i looked ridiculous! i admit that on certain people, they look good. but not me, and i'm sick of not being able to find things that look good on me, simply because they aren't "in style" right now. good fit and flattering clothes should never go out of style, dammit! incidentally, i ordered something from alight.com a couple weeks ago, in what i was fairly sure was my size. i looked like a pregnant tent. i'd advise y'all to try ordering a size down on the tops... smile.gif

--------------------
"Another belief of mine: that everyone else my age is an adult, whereas I am merely in disguise."
--Margaret Atwood

+Quote Post
toastybean
post Sep 20 2006, 11:00 AM
Post #170

Hardcore BUSTie

oh i hear you about the pencil skirts lowredmoon....whats the big deal with the "skinny" clothes/pants that are all the rage this season. i got enough of a problem buying pants...hell, my burly calves wont even fit into boot cut pants! but on a happy note...finally found that one magic brand of jeans that fits...jeanstar jeans....for those of us with a little extra booty in the pants smile.gif

+Quote Post
edingirl
post Sep 9 2006, 06:29 AM
Post #171

BUSTie

Hi, new to this thread but for large bras and a great selection of well fitting supportive swimming costumes and even some clothes try Bravissimo, they are on the web at www.bravissimo.com (I don't work for them honest!). They are in Britain but if you buy a lot... and get together with some others I think you'll find the postage is worth it... I'm an American size 18 (gotta love those American sizes - I'm a British size 20!).

+Quote Post
lowredmoon
post Aug 26 2006, 04:55 PM
Post #172

Hardcore BUSTie

i feel the need to resurrect this thread.

one more website tries to sell me elastic-waisted pleat front mom pants and imma kill them. and why is it that the only skirts available for this season appear to be pencil skirts?

--------------------
"Another belief of mine: that everyone else my age is an adult, whereas I am merely in disguise."
--Margaret Atwood

+Quote Post
elizabethan
post Jun 30 2006, 03:06 PM
Post #173

BUSTie

Hi out there--First time poster in this thread but I have great hopes that you all will be able to help. I am looking for fun, cool excersize clothes. Not skin tight stretch anything. Skinny women get neat capri pants in colorful "outdoor" fabric that are great for casual wear or a hike or something.

I am a size 16 and can't get anything fun. I used to be able to do pretty well at Target for straight up excersize pants but I am not shopping there anymore. Does anyone have ideas?

For general clothes I am currently really enjoying the Boden catalog--they go up to a 20 (I think) and the clothes are in that in between price range--j crewish--but pretty fun. I got a good dress for a summer wedding from them.

thanks!

+Quote Post
service_woman
post Jun 23 2006, 08:36 PM
Post #174

Okay, here's the kicker. I'm 19. I'm 6'2". I'm not fat, but pleasantly plump would probably be right on. I'm a 16-ish waist. I weigh 220 pounds. None of this really bothers me anymore; it really did in high school, but I've accepted that I'm just a big person. I have, however, been trying to lose weight, and this year I found out why I'm having so much trouble. I have polycystic ovarian disease, which apparently accounts for weight gain and the inability to work it off. Now that I know, i'm actually able to cater around the issue, and I've gone down a belt loop since May. Buying clothing is still just as tough. There are stores out there like TallGirl, which is mostly business and really expensive, and there are stores like AdditionElle, which sometimes has some funky stuff, except that it's mostly things my mother would wear. Not that I'm insulting her style, mine's just different. So I have found the best ways of buying clother are the following:
-Need pants that are long enough? Guy's low rise (especially from the Gap) come is 36-37 inseams. Dreams do come true.
-Go see your local Thrift store; it's a tresure chest waiting to be opened.
-Try making your own clothing!
-Don't be afraid to buy extra large sizes. Especially of lots of different styles. Layer them.
-Use patches to your advantage.
-Buy shirts that material can be added to. Cut the seams up the sides and add a different colour, maybe a patch of sorts at the bottom. Add material to the bottom so it's longer.
-Confidence makes everything better. You're beautiful. Fat is a tool to make you more noticeable than the stickly girls. Use it to your advantage.

+Quote Post
pinkmartyr
post Jun 22 2006, 03:41 PM
Post #175

Hardcore BUSTie

so you guys were pleased with the quality of the stuff you bought, and felt like it was worth the money?

+Quote Post
gluelita
post Jun 22 2006, 01:41 PM
Post #176

BUSTie

yheah no kidding. kiyonna is awesome. and so kind of them to size me as a 10-12! :P

+Quote Post
crazyoldcatlady
post Jun 20 2006, 05:23 PM
Post #177

the moistiest

pinkmartyr- kiyonna has some hot shit :-)

+Quote Post
pinkmartyr
post Jun 20 2006, 03:37 PM
Post #178

Hardcore BUSTie

if anyone is looking for a wedding gown, kiyonna.com now has them, as does lanebryant.com
there are some lovely vintagey ones at kiyonna. has anyone ever ordered from them?

+Quote Post
taligator
post Jun 10 2006, 10:30 PM
Post #179

Hardcore BUSTie

I recently found Levi's Relaxed 550 Boot Cut jeans at Sears and these jeans fit quite nicely.

Like all plus size pants they have a large waist that doesn't "fit" but aside from that these are probably my favorite jeans I've ever worn.

I thought I'd pass that along if you've never checked out Sears for the more casual clothes. They carry Land's End brand there so if you like those clothes you can buy them there. They don't have a huge selection but ...

+Quote Post
taligator
post Jun 10 2006, 10:23 PM
Post #180

Hardcore BUSTie

beanigirl - Torrid has some lovely suits that fit well. Target also has some two piece sets (buy the pieces separately in your correct size).

You might also check Land's End, Eddie Bauer, and Travel Smith (they've got some gorgeous swimsuits).

+Quote Post

10 Pages V  « < 7 8 9 10 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: August 30, 2014 - 06:20 AM