The Lounge Guidelines Help Search Members Calendar Blogs

Welcome Guest [ Log In | Register ] ]

10 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Don't Underestimate Drugs' Excellence
Vega
post Jun 17 2010, 01:52 PM
Post #1

I always fib a little on the forms because I don't want my insurance to deny me because I had one cigarette or whatever in the last 12 months. I'll reveal what prescriptions I'm on just so if they prescribe a new medicine they will be able to tell me whether they will react badly with each other. I also say I drink but not as much as I really do. I know some medicines may interact with alcohol consumption.

--------------------
Allie Vega, Private Health Insurance Advisor
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
enfermera
post May 24 2010, 09:46 AM
Post #2

Hardcore BUSTie

i would say to not worry about it unless it's something that happened either recently enough to still be in your system, where it may possibly interact with a medication, or regularly enough to have an effect on a certain health issue. i've had very few patients who actually said yes to the question, although there's been a small handful. i'm sure many more partake now and then than will admit it upfront. that being said, while it might get you a little lecture, depending on the doctor, it probably won't make a bit of difference, and of course, your info is confidential.

+Quote Post
ketto
post May 24 2010, 08:48 AM
Post #3

Hardcore BUSTie

Even though I know I'm seeing a doctor and they can't share my info with anyone, I usually lie on the forms and say no to that question. But I do a lot more than twice a year so I would say you can probably say no to that question, depending on what you're answering for.

--------------------
Meow.

+Quote Post
pollystyrene
post May 24 2010, 08:17 AM
Post #4

Too many mutha uckas, Uckin' with my shi-

So, do you think having "magic baked goods" twice in the last year is significant enough to answer "yes" to the "Do you use recreational drugs?" question on a medical history form for a doctor?

--------------------
You went to school where you were taught to fear and to obey, be cheerful, fit in, or someone might think you're weird.
Life can be perfect. People can be trusted. Someday, I will fall in love; a nice quiet home of my very own.
Free from all the pain. Happy and having fun all the time.
It never happened, did it?

+Quote Post
auralpoison
post Apr 26 2010, 04:10 AM
Post #5

Big Fat Bitch

Aw, dang. I was hoping to live vicariously with a good weed story. I hope you feel better today, Epi!

--------------------
"You're cute, like a velvet glove cast in iron. And like a gas chamber, a real fun gal."

+Quote Post
epinephrine
post Apr 25 2010, 11:58 PM
Post #6

Hardcore BUSTie

Had an awful experience with pot brownies last night. Took too much, spent the night throwing up and thinking I was dying. My whole world seemed to collapse around me. I'm still really shaky.

--------------------
To be free one must give up a little part of oneself.

+Quote Post
candycane_girl
post Jan 5 2010, 09:59 PM
Post #7

Hardcore BUSTie

Yeah, I think I'll just leave it alone. Part of me feels like if she doesn't want to come right out and ask me then I'm not going to come right out and tell her.

It's weird cause she always laughs at pot humor in movies and stuff but I think that's as far as it goes. She barely even drinks (seriously, one drink on New Year's and she sipped it for 3 hours) so I think she's pretty anti-drug. I think she would only be okay if it was for a medical reason and even then she probably wouldn't be totally comfortable with it.

I think the other issue is that my dad is an alcoholic so my mom doesn't want to see me engage in similar behaviour. I think I may cut down anyway because I want to lose weight and I think I've been using pot as an excuse to overeat.

+Quote Post
ketto
post Jan 5 2010, 02:19 PM
Post #8

Hardcore BUSTie

Candy, given your fears about how your mom would think of you (although I doubt she would) I agree with jade, maybe just leave it alone.

As an interesting side note, I also have a few friends who smoke with their parents every couple of months. Oddly, those people are probably the happiest, most well adjusted folks I know. My dad is dying to try weed, he doesn't say so but he drops hints. I told him I'd make him a brownie or something next time I'm cooking some up. My brother thinks it would be way too weird to smoke with my dad but I think it would be funny. I doubt it will ever happen.

--------------------
Meow.

+Quote Post
jade
post Jan 5 2010, 01:16 PM
Post #9

Hardcore BUSTie

i think its best left alone. i dont want to smoke pot with my parents and wouldnt want to smoke pot with my kids. a beer is different. pot still has too many taboos/rituals, even though medical marijuana is now legal here and spreading very fast!!

--------------------
Its a fine mess you've gotten us into this time Stanley(G. W.?)

+Quote Post
ketto
post Jan 5 2010, 11:51 AM
Post #10

Hardcore BUSTie

Candy, I think it REALLY depends on who your mom is and what kind of relationship you have with her. Both my parents know I smoke regularly (but they probably don't know how often) and we talk and joke about it often (neither of them has ever smoked it). I think to them it's like, well, I live a successful life, I'm a hard worker, and most people would never guess I'm a huge stoner. Most of my friends would never be that honest with their folks about it, but if you feel comfortable enough then why not?

--------------------
Meow.

+Quote Post
candycane_girl
post Jan 4 2010, 05:56 PM
Post #11

Hardcore BUSTie

Okay, so this may not be the right thread to post this but I need some advice!

I smoke pot pretty regularly (like once or twice a week) as a way to unwind at the end of the week. I don't think it's a big deal since we all know that it is fairly harmless.

Anyway, I was home for the holidays and I was with my mom in the car when I pulled out my Lip Smackers and put it on and my mom goes, "That lip gloss smells like weed!" I had no idea what to say except for, "That's strange". Basically I find that every once in a while (like really rarely) my mom will say that something on me smells "funny" or "like weed" (one time it was my wool coat that she smelled and it was two weeks after I had smoked).

So yeah, my mom has a nose like one of those trained police dogs. The thing is, she has never outright asked me if I smoke weed. I feel almost like we have some kind of understanding like I know that she knows I smoke weed but we don't really discuss it. Should I bring it out in the open or should I just leave it at this? I'm usually totally honest with my mom but I feel like she will see me as a failure/irresponsible person/loser if I tell her that I enjoy weed occasionally.

Also, how the hell could my mom smell weed on my lip gloss?!

+Quote Post
auralpoison
post Oct 28 2009, 11:03 PM
Post #12

Big Fat Bitch

This pot I have is surprisingly good. It is making me waaaaay high. I like.

--------------------
"You're cute, like a velvet glove cast in iron. And like a gas chamber, a real fun gal."

+Quote Post
auralpoison
post Oct 13 2009, 03:01 PM
Post #13

Big Fat Bitch

QUOTE(humanist77 @ Oct 3 2009, 10:49 PM) *
Also found a 4-piece, aluminum, magnetic grinder on ebay for $10-I couldn't find them for less than $25 on other sites.

Y'know what is MAD cheap & works just as well as a grinder (If you don't mind a little elbow grease!)? A small wire sieve. That's how my parents always did it, so that's how I do it. Back when I still smoked a lot, I even converted my dealer to it & he in turn got all his people to do it, too.

Since CO is all about he medical marijauna now, dispensaries have popped up all over the place. A friend of a friend is starting an organic gourmet ganja bakery operation. I'm gonna spend a day helping "test" various recipes. Woohoo! Wonder how the TSA feels about flying with weed brownies?

--------------------

+Quote Post
epinephrine
post Oct 5 2009, 09:42 AM
Post #14

Hardcore BUSTie

Aww, looking at those pretty pipes makes me wish I still smoked weed. I still have two, one of them barely used. They're too pretty to get rid of. I'll just have to give them to a very special stoner one day.

Looking forward to some psychedelic experiences in the near future, though. I haven't done any drugs in years. I just haven't been able to find a decent trip buddy. May take a trip with my little bro someday, though. I think that would be really nice and safe.

--------------------
To be free one must give up a little part of oneself.

+Quote Post
koffeewitch
post Oct 5 2009, 09:16 AM
Post #15

Hardcore BUSTie

Here's a shout out to all you lucky busties getting high today.
And here's to dreading the day my kids get old enough to ask me about all the drugs I did...

I'll leave you with some words of wisdom from uncle Johnny Cash..."Leave that cocaine and whisky alone"...

--------------------
"The U.S. is the only nation on Earth to pass from barbarism into decadence without once passing through an era of civilization."

+Quote Post
culturehandy
post Oct 4 2009, 06:14 AM
Post #16

(o)(o)

humanist, that is a great pipe!!!!!

--------------------
Hatred does not cease in this world by hating, but by not hating; this is an eternal truth. --- Buddah, The Dhammapada

+Quote Post
humanist77
post Oct 3 2009, 09:49 PM
Post #17

belligerently lazy

Bought my first pipe! Cute huh? smile.gif

You can get them so much cheaper online than in a headshop. Also found a 4-piece, aluminum, magnetic grinder on ebay for $10-I couldn't find them for less than $25 on other sites. Ahh, at least I don't drink much~

--------------------
I pledge allegiance to and wrap myself in the flag of the United States Against Anything Un-American and to the Republicans for which it stands, two nations, under Jesus, rich against poor, with curtailed liberty and justice for all except blacks, homosexuals, women who want abortions, Communists, welfare queens, treehuggers, feminazis, illegal immigrants, children of illegal immigrants, and you if you don't watch your step.
-Matt Groening, Life in Hell

+Quote Post
auralpoison
post Aug 13 2009, 07:54 PM
Post #18

Big Fat Bitch

I? Still <3 weed!

What is up with the genital shaped smoking para? I've alway thought that was weird. A friend of a friend of a friend had a penis bong. I swear he bought it just to make people uncomfortable. He always had GREAT pot, though, so we would, uh, suck it up & smoke from the thing. Closest a lady's lips have ever been to his peen was him "helping" you by lighting the damned thing.

--------------------

+Quote Post
girltrouble
post Jul 30 2009, 04:32 AM
Post #19

new highs in personal lows daily!

i posted something in the bustie knowledge base, but god, it makes me want to take acid again.... *sigh* i miss it. mr. t and i hung out today and she had some medical pot cookies. she gave me one. i felt not a thing.

damn.

--------------------

"what a swell farewell party! we said goodbye to everything, including the lining in my stomach." - garvey, from the film, born bad

"That's one career all females have in common, whether we like it or not: being a woman. Sooner or later, we've got to work at it, no matter how many other careers we've had or wanted." --margo channing, all about eve

+Quote Post
candycane_girl
post Jul 29 2009, 11:13 AM
Post #20

Hardcore BUSTie

Hey kitten, I've never done acid but my brother has. He told me about one experience when he took acid before seeing the movie The Haunting. It's a scary movie and in part of it it's like there are ghosts that are making the ceiling move. My bro said that when he saw that part it was like the movie was in 3D and everything that was happening in the movie happened an inch away from his face.

He also said later on that he went to the bathroom and he thought there were other people there but later realized that it was all in his head. Like, he imagined an entire conversation between two other people.

I'm sure he could tell me more but I don't know if I'll be seeing him today.

+Quote Post

10 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: April 17, 2014 - 06:37 PM