Welcome Guest [ Log In | Register ] ]

8 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The Girl With Bad Skin- All About Adult Acne
dayglowpink
post Jun 12 2008, 03:01 PM
Post #61

Hardcore BUSTie

I tried Proactiv, and it didn't do much for me. Also I accidentally somehow got signed up for a recurring shipment every month when I ordered it online, and it was really annoying to get it cancelled.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
candycane_girl
post Jun 8 2008, 01:57 PM
Post #62

Hardcore BUSTie

That's what I kept hearing about pro activ with a lot of people. It would work wonders and then just stop working. I'm a big fan of Lush but their Fresh Farmacy made my skin break out like crazy. However, if the pro activ stops working then maybe I'll try using Coalface.

+Quote Post
octobersky
post Jun 8 2008, 10:49 AM
Post #63

Hardcore BUSTie

Yeah I have used ProActiv - it worked really well for about six months and then stopped working for me. I noticed a difference within about two weeks when I first started.

I now flip back and forth using Neutrogena, Boots and Biore. Seems to work really well when I keep changing things up on my skin. I also use Lush's Ultralight moisturizer morning and night. My skin looks really good now, even during PMS week.

The other thing I changed that seems to have made a HUGE difference is my foundation makeup. I always had little bumps and blackheads and whiteheads and such but now I started using that Bare Escentuals make up and wow! No more bumps and my pores look waaaaayyy smaller. Good stuff, I tried the cheaper drugstore brands mineral make up but they have so many fillers and alot of them use talc which can stretch your pores so I think it's worth the money to buy the better stuff.

+Quote Post
candycane_girl
post Jun 8 2008, 10:20 AM
Post #64

Hardcore BUSTie

Have any of you ladies ever tried Pro Activ? I bought it just under a month ago and I'm not seeing that much of a difference but I've heard so many different opinions of it (from it being the best stuff in the world to incredibly evil and ineffective). I just don't know what to believe or how long it will take before I see results.

+Quote Post
dayglowpink
post Jun 7 2008, 07:24 PM
Post #65

Hardcore BUSTie

So I finally broke down several months ago and started taking doxycyline (oral antibiotic) for my acne. I hate taking it every day, and I think it's messing up my immune system, but I have to admit, I'm so happy with the results on my face. My skin looks better than it ever has, I think. I still have red marks and scars that will hopefully fade, and I still get a zit here and there, but it's such an amazing change. I'm enjoying not feeling self-conscious about people looking at my face. I looked at pics of myself from before I was taking it, and I was shocked at the difference. I'm also using Duac and Finacea creams. I really wish I could do everything naturally and not have to use the prescriptions, but that has just never worked for me.

+Quote Post
p_176
post Jun 5 2008, 02:28 PM
Post #66

Hardcore BUSTie

peroxide is good for cleaning, it's not harmful and it's less stringent than rubbing alcohol. i'd say use it AFTER cleaning your face. i believe cocoa butter is better for scars. i imagine you can get these items in a regular drugstore; they're not specialty items.

+Quote Post
asima
post Jun 5 2008, 11:32 AM
Post #67

how and when are rubbing alcholol , benzoyl peroxide and hydrogen peroxide used ?

so far wateva ive read has just confused me
>>>>one place it said to use rubbing alcohol or benzoyl peroxide after removing blackheads/whiteheads to keep pores free of bacteria
>>>while on a different site it said to use benzoyl peroxide before taking the steam and removing the blackheads
so which one is right ??

and one place it said to use hydrogen peroxide every nite after washing yur face it is good for treating acne and acne scars ?
is it true ??? it wont be harmful rite ?

and can i find all these 3 in a regular drug store ? (i live in india)

unsure.gif

+Quote Post
LoveMyPugs
post Jun 5 2008, 10:24 AM
Post #68

I recommend Clinique Body Treatment Spray for back acne. It's part of their acne line that I've been using for years. My skin has never looked better. The bottle even sprays upside down so you can get hard to reach places like the back. It works wonders for me. I also recommended it to a guy I used to work with and he had great results as well.

+Quote Post
hellotampon
post Jun 5 2008, 09:48 AM
Post #69

Hardcore BUSTie

If you have acne on your back it could be from your shampoo.

Personally suave gives me bacne. As soon as i stop using it there's not a zit in sight.

My face, on the other hand... I've got spots on my chin- not pimples, just red dots. And blackheads on my nose. And a very oily forehead that I've tried EVERYTHING with and nothing works.

+Quote Post
asima
post Jun 5 2008, 08:06 AM
Post #70

hey guys im 18
and just very recently ive been having skin issues
after looking up on derm sites i am very sure i have closed comedo
it is not very severe tho like in some pictures
my dermatologist has prescribed Isotroin ( which is accutane i think)
i have just been on it for the past 8 days
and reading a lot of post here accutane sounds like something with a lot of risk
ill continue till i go see the doctor later this month
but does anyone know how to get rid of closed comedos ??
please help

+Quote Post
konphusion26
post Dec 13 2007, 08:04 PM
Post #71

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(beck @ Dec 13 2007, 03:20 PM) *
konphusion mine is the same, mainly on my back and chest. the pill helped but i came off it to try and get knocked up and it returned with a vengeance. the main thing that seems to work is showering twice a day every day (obviously I do take showers, just not always at night too).

I know I'm lucky to have mostly clear skin on my face, but I would so love to be able to wear lower-cut stuff (nothing slutty, just something other than rollnecks) and to show some back now and again.

i quite like those mud masks for sucking out all the pore grossness.

Yeah, I feel your pain on wearing low cut and backless clothing. Thats been my dream since puberty LOL the bumps and spots on my chest have pretty much gone away- the back is awful though. I'd never be caught dead with a backless or v-back shirt. It disgusts me. When I was dating my hubby, I wouldnt let him stand behind me or see my back if I didnt have a shirt on. Now I don't care, but I'd never go out in public like that. Bathing suits??? HA!! If its not a tank top with the back covered, I ain't wearin it.

I'll have to try the mud masks, sounds cool! smile.gif thanks girlie!

--------------------
Faith is hoping for and believing in things you cannot see!

+Quote Post
beck
post Dec 13 2007, 02:03 PM
Post #72

Hardcore BUSTie

konphusion mine is the same, mainly on my back and chest. the pill helped but i came off it to try and get knocked up and it returned with a vengeance. the main thing that seems to work is showering twice a day every day (obviously I do take showers, just not always at night too).

I know I'm lucky to have mostly clear skin on my face, but I would so love to be able to wear lower-cut stuff (nothing slutty, just something other than rollnecks) and to show some back now and again.

i quite like those mud masks for sucking out all the pore grossness.

+Quote Post
konphusion26
post Dec 13 2007, 07:06 AM
Post #73

Hardcore BUSTie

My hormones are jacked! I still get acne, but mostly under my chin, my back, my chest. The Yaz birth control i was on really cleared up my face, but the rest of my body is still breaking out every now and then. Been cleaning my face with Palmer's Skin success soap and a cotton ball of alcohol and peroxide. It dries me out, but I just moisturize later. It kinda keeps the zits at bay.

My dilemma now is trying to find something to unclog and shrink the pores on my nose and my cheeks (on either side of my nose).... you gals have any ideas??? It's driving me nuts.

--------------------
Faith is hoping for and believing in things you cannot see!

+Quote Post
dayglowpink
post Dec 7 2007, 02:41 PM
Post #74

Hardcore BUSTie

bump

Has anyone had any experience with the new blue light treatment thingee? My dermatologist has it, and I'm going to start getting the treatments in a couple of weeks. Just curious if anyone else had tried it.

+Quote Post
LoveMyPugs
post Aug 1 2007, 07:15 AM
Post #75

I had a very large, hard, painful pimple the other day on my chin. I was using sea salt water on my nipple piercings and I thought, hey i wonder what this would do for this zit. I soaked a large cotton ball in an 8 oz water to 1/4 teaspoon of sea salt solution and just let it sit on the pimple for a minute or two. It significantly helped with the soreness. Has anyone ever tried this before? I think I'm going to do this from now on for the really large, hard painful pimples I get.

+Quote Post
mouse
post Jul 31 2007, 08:49 PM
Post #76

Most Likely Procrastinating

so i have mild acne, i guess. i have never been to a dermatologist but in the past year or two i've noticed a lot more stuff happening along my jawline, which i've heard is the normal pattern for adult acne (teen acne being more on the cheeks, forehead, etc). it's not really noticeable and i'm able to keep it under control but it fucking ITCHES like crazy! it doesn't hurt unless i get a huge one (which is rare) but the smaller ones are just these majorly itchy bumps under my skin all along my jaw and back by my ears and neck. it's really annoying and i don't know what to do. any suggestions?

--------------------
jam out with your clam out

+Quote Post
J'adore Biscuit
post May 31 2007, 08:49 PM
Post #77

My skin isn't terrible, but I have acne lightly allover my back and chest. I wish it was at least just kept off my face. It doesn't help that my peers all have perfect skin. mad.gif

+Quote Post
fantaz
post May 30 2007, 09:40 PM
Post #78

BUSTie

Ok, every now and then I get these cystic zits, but the older I get (and the better I eat), the less I have a problem with them. However, I have had horrible blackheads on my nose since I was in the eighth grade, and they have never gotten better. I have tried so much, and nothing helps. I've tried those blackhead strips, and although they do pull out some, the blackheads come back with a vengeance the next day.
Also, my skin is very sensitive, so I can't use anything to harsh!
I wish I could go without makeup and not have giant potholes on my face!
Does anyone have any advice?

+Quote Post
Arcadia
post May 29 2007, 08:48 PM
Post #79

Hardcore BUSTie

My face looks like a fucking war zone right now and I have no idea why. It's been so good for a while but it's quickly going to hell.

It might have to do with moving back to my Dad's and having to use well water. I don't know if that makes a difference but we'll see. Moving back to the city in about a week so here's to hoping it's just the shitty hard water out here.

*sighs*

--------------------
"Humans are the only animals that have children on purpose - with the exception of guppies, who like to eat theirs."
- P.J. O'Rourke

+Quote Post
candycane_girl
post May 19 2007, 08:01 AM
Post #80

Hardcore BUSTie

I thought that I posted in here but apparently I didn't.

First off, my dad is terrible when it comes to just randomly pointing out my acne. He would stare at me for like 5 minutes and then come right up to my face and say "You have a really big pimple right here! You should eat an orange and rub the peel on your face."
Thanks, dad.

Anyway, I finally saw my dermatologist. He didn't put me on Accutane because I have a "history of depression" and there's that terrible side effect of possibly feeling suicidal. So he gave me some pill called Minocin and two gels. The one for night time is called Differin and the one for the morning is called Clindoxyl, which really makes me feel like my face is slowly being burned off with chemicals. I've actually just started using it every other day because daily was too much for me. It hasn't been two weeks yet but I think I'm starting to see improvement.

+Quote Post

8 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: July 29, 2014 - 07:57 PM