The Lounge Guidelines Help Search Members Calendar Blogs

Welcome Guest [ Log In | Register ] ]

13 Pages V  « < 10 11 12 13 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Yeast infection--experienced advice, anyone?
chachaheels
post Jul 2 2006, 09:06 AM
Post #221

Hardcore BUSTie

It's usually part of a protocol known as "Yeast Busters". You do a daily routine of psyllium, bentonite clay, and caprylic acid doses for a series of months while altering your diet drastically.

It's pricey and (from what I've seen) rarely effective, simply because compliance is very hard to maintain for most people. Years ago I went on this regime for about 6 months (that was as much as I could stand) and saw no results, even though I really did stick to the protocol.

Lately, I've seen caprylic acid added to capsules used to kill off fungus, taken internally (usually mixed with other anti-fungals, such as Pao D'Arco, grapefruit seed extract, chlorella, what have you). I suspect many will respond to it, but it must be accompanied with dietary restriction and daily dosing schedules. If it gets very complicated and it takes a long time to see results, people simply stop following the treatment protocol and it fails to work.

--------------------
May suitable doses of guaranteed sensual pleasure and slow, long-lasting enjoyment preserve us from the contagion of the multitude who mistake frenzy for efficiency.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
neverending
post Jul 1 2006, 01:32 PM
Post #222

Hardcore BUSTie

Has any of you tried Caprylic Acid?

+Quote Post
chachaheels
post Jun 28 2006, 08:09 PM
Post #223

Hardcore BUSTie

Well, actually midgemcgrath, not all fungi act as parasites. Candida albicans, howevever, (the fungus you talk about when you talk about yeast infections), actually does act as a parasite in the body.

Hence the effectiveness, in advanced cases of candida albicans, of medications that eliminate parasites, such as the black walnut.

Shaving the hair off simply eliminates the creation and maintenance of optimum conditions for candida overgrowth. If you remove the hair that actually insulates the vagina, the area is much more apt to stay cool and dry--which means candida is far less likely to thrive. And you're less likely to itch uncomfortably from its overgrowth as a result.

The emotional reasons for susceptibility to candida are legion. Lots of people have sex with no strings attached and never suffer from candida--if this is exactly what they want. However, if they feel they are "used" in a relationship, or that they can't trust their partner, or that there is some unaddressed unfairness or sense that they are never fulfilled by a partner who seems uninterested in their needs...for example...they could become susceptible. These are just a few examples of emotional issues that create susceptibility to illness--they are by no means a full illustration.

--------------------
May suitable doses of guaranteed sensual pleasure and slow, long-lasting enjoyment preserve us from the contagion of the multitude who mistake frenzy for efficiency.

+Quote Post
humanist77
post Jun 28 2006, 04:14 PM
Post #224

belligerently lazy

oh wait-it is latex compatible~

--------------------
I pledge allegiance to and wrap myself in the flag of the United States Against Anything Un-American and to the Republicans for which it stands, two nations, under Jesus, rich against poor, with curtailed liberty and justice for all except blacks, homosexuals, women who want abortions, Communists, welfare queens, treehuggers, feminazis, illegal immigrants, children of illegal immigrants, and you if you don't watch your step.
-Matt Groening, Life in Hell

+Quote Post
humanist77
post Jun 28 2006, 03:31 PM
Post #225

belligerently lazy

Thanks everyone for the tips!

Has anyone ever tried Firefly? From the makers of Nude lube-it's expensive, but worth it if I can avoid getting an infection everytime. Not to mention that it doesn't need reapplication every 5 minutes. Although it is oil based so of course it's not to be used with condoms. I'm ordering some!

--------------------
I pledge allegiance to and wrap myself in the flag of the United States Against Anything Un-American and to the Republicans for which it stands, two nations, under Jesus, rich against poor, with curtailed liberty and justice for all except blacks, homosexuals, women who want abortions, Communists, welfare queens, treehuggers, feminazis, illegal immigrants, children of illegal immigrants, and you if you don't watch your step.

+Quote Post
tatina
post Jun 28 2006, 05:38 AM
Post #226

PS: With heavy pharmaceuticals I mean Flagyl, which can cause heavy side effects and is still prescribed by some doctors without informing you about the dangers. Most vaginal infections, including Trichomoniasis can be cured with herbal remedies. Educate yourself, do not accept any prescription without checking what you are taking. Most of all, listen to your body. Often the right mantra for all kinds of vaginal infections is: "Not tonight, Darling. And not tomorrow." I feel that many women are so eager to get back into sex without really listening to what their pussy needs - which is most of the time a break and rest. Any vaginal infection is a message...

+Quote Post
tatina
post Jun 28 2006, 04:40 AM
Post #227

Hope I am not repeating myself, didn't check the entire thread. What has cured yeast infections my entire life is:
a) a raw piece of garlic in the vagina over night (make sure that you peel carefully and do not cut into the garlic - this would be too much for your pussy). Repeat this for three nights. Garlic is an excellent disinfectant and it will not irritate your vagina.
b) organic yoghurt or acidopholus pills in the vagina to support a healthy environment.
c) emotionally most yeast infections are connected with sex that did not feel 100% good - your body is basically fighting against sperm - avoid any careless or unemotional sex!
Do not use teatree oil for yeast infections - it's way too heavy and can kill off "good" bacterias you will need!
If you don't have a yeast infection but trichos, you can still heal this condition with alot of patience and Chinese herbs without going on heavy pharmaceuticals. It will take more time and patience. But the treatment is an entirely different one - make sure that you don't mix the conditions up, LOVE, Tatina

+Quote Post
midgemcgrath
post Jun 28 2006, 12:45 AM
Post #228

Hardcore BUSTie

...um, candida is a fungus though, not a parasite...

i'll have to look into all these oils and whatnot, but there's no way any shaving/waxing is going on. just not my style, and not into the itchiness...it's not usually a hot and humid place where i live, we're just having some record breaking weather!

+Quote Post
chachaheels
post Jun 27 2006, 08:00 PM
Post #229

Hardcore BUSTie

Black Walnut is also used as a vermifuge--it's an anti-parasitic herbal (and candida is definitely a parasite). It works best if used sparingly.

Other beneficial over the counter treatments:

1. Shave/wax/whatever you have to do all the hair off the pubic area--especially if you're in hot, humid places where the weather and your body heat will conspire to aggravate your condition.

2. Everyone talks about applying tea tree oil topically to control the fungal overgrowth--but the truth is you can use other essential oils to treat the skin around the vagina more gently (and still address the fungal overgrowth). Lavender essential oil is very pleasant to use (never stings or burns the skin as tea tree oil can) and yet it has very effective active ingredients which can help keep things in check. It's especially soothing used in a bath with sea salt, too.

3. Oregano oil, taken internally, is a good anti-fungal treatment too. Don't apply it topically, as it really does irritate the skin. Two or three drops, under the tongue, daily, will help you eliminate the yeast overgrowth from the inside out.

Carvacrol's the active ingredient in the oregano oil, but the fact is other essential oils have just as much of this active ingredient but don't present the same irritation (thyme oil, for example).

--------------------

+Quote Post
sukouyant
post Jun 27 2006, 06:58 PM
Post #230

Hardcore BUSTie

I've found Black Walnut extract, a few (like, 10-15) drops in water, keeps the yeasties under manners. Whenever I feel the hint of a tingle I have some of that, and I start eating some garlic. The tingle reminds me that my insides need cleaning- which is what the Black Walnut is good for. It's a very effective antifungal and antibacterial extract. It also creates an acidic environment in the body.

+Quote Post
midgemcgrath
post Jun 27 2006, 03:34 PM
Post #231

Hardcore BUSTie

just when i thought i had the yeast under control, it has been so hot and humid and sweaty, that even changing my undies 3 times a day, it is just too moist down there, and the yeast is having a party! and yes, they're cotton undies, but at this point, it's not making any difference! arg.

+Quote Post
bella_coola
post Jun 27 2006, 09:42 AM
Post #232

Hey all, I'm new to Bust. But I am not new to yi's.. has anyone in here heard of a condition called 'Candidiasis'? It's an overgrowth of Candida Albicans, which are the micro-organisms that cause yeast infections. Modern medicine is fairly adament that it only occurs in people with compromised immune systems, but the realm of holistic medicine begs to differ. All I know is that when I started following the eating plan and taking the supplements that my naturopath gave me, I saw a whole world of difference in the way I feel - far beyond ridding myself of the ugly yeast monster that dwells in the nether-regions. There's loads of books and other resources out there, with solutions quite similar to chachaheels' post from April 29th. Eating lots of garlic definetly, definetly helps - kills off the candida albicans but leaves the beneficial bacteria (such as acidophilus) alone. Anyway - not sure if the thread goes further back than I can see, hope I'm not giving you a bunch of 'same old' information. Best of luck to y'all!

+Quote Post
littleidiot
post Jun 17 2006, 11:41 AM
Post #233

Yes, I use Azo Yeast. I have had less problems with recurring infections since I started taking one a day (I also take acidophilus daily) and if I get an infection, I take 3 a day (although I don't know that they really do much good for getting rid of an infection once you have one).

I have a question too... I just finished treated a beasty with a Monistat 3-day deal... how long should I wait to have sex? I used the last suppository on Thursday night. Is a couple days enough? Or should I wait like a week?

+Quote Post
koala
post Jun 13 2006, 07:18 PM
Post #234

BUSTie

Has anyone used AZO to prevent or treat the beasties?

+Quote Post
chachaheels
post Jun 8 2006, 07:33 AM
Post #235

Hardcore BUSTie

I apologize in advance for what happens to be a really really long post on Boric Acid and exactly what boric acid does in the body:

Historically: Boric acid has been largely used as an anti-septic dressing for wounds, as a lotion for the eyes and for whitlow (an inflammation around the toe or finger, usually deeply inflamed and supporative). It is much less irritating than carbolic acid, but it also has produced skin eruptions.

Edema (swelling) is an effect of boric acid.

In homeopathic provings (this is the empirical and clinical data collected by homeopaths about the medicine, which gives you an idea about what homeopaths might treat with boric acid, if the remedy fits the patient properly), boric acid has an effect on the skin which causes exfoliative dermatitis (so it might be used to treat poison ivy, eczema, skin symptoms involving sensitivity and peeling). Pain in region of ureters, with a frequent urging to urinate (it might be a good remedy for someone's bladder infection or cystitis), and as an anti-septic disinfectant (so it could be used to help heal wounds, say, from trauma or post surgery).

It stops fermentation and putrefaction on contact (which is why, naturopathically, it is so often used to treat yeasty discharges and the itching, burning symptoms people experience with them).

Homeopathically it could be used to treat fermentation and putrefaction anywhere that it occurs in the body. It isn't one of the most often employed remedies for "yeasty" discharges--there are many others more suitable and more effective than potentized boric acid; but you can't prescribe homeopathically for any chronic conditions without getting a lot more information than what's presented here. You can, however, use it naturopathically for a lot of yeast cases because prescribing that way is a lot less demanding--you can give medicine A for disease A, in most cases, and get predictable if limited results. It will relieve your local symptoms, and it may actually help your body to overcome the disease systemically, but it isn't likely to completely cure your yeast infection on its own. It is, however, a superior approach to using the prescription and over the counter anti-biotic drugs currently prescribed conventionally.

Homeopathic provings also include (if the medical documents were available at the time) "poisoning" reports--records kept by hospitals of what would happen to people who were somehow exposed to too much of any given substance. Here are some poisoning reports for Boric Acid:

Poisonings and provings with Boric Acid have caused: headache; vertigo; noises in the ears; prostration; cold saliva; vomiting of tough, greenish "stuff"; uncontrollable vomiting; hiccough; pasty stool; pain in the region of ureters or increased urine and increased call to urinate; albuminuria, erythematous eruption on face, body, and thighs followed by "pearly" vesicles on face and neck.

Three cases of poisoning have been reported from packing the vagina with the dry acid, kept in by tampons until liquefaction took place. Symptoms were:

Formication of hands and feet, later of face. Sad spirits, great nervous depression. Burning skin, it became swollen and charred and all motions were painful. One case went into collapse, temperature subnormmal, sighing and weeping by turns. The patients were cold, vagina felt "cold as if packed with ice". Coldness is a prominent feature, as cold saliva.

SO: if you've experienced any of these above symptoms while using the boric acid, then you can safely make the cause and effect connection there. Stop using the boric acid as you are, as we say, "proving" it.

My source for this information is clinical data gathered over a hundred years ago , when medicines were used in massive doses (much like the way the three "poisoning" cases using boric acid in the vagina, described above, indicate). In modern conventional medicine, things have calmed down somewhat (so the amounts and doses of something like boric acid would be much, much less than was used in the records above). Still, these bits of information are really useful to us because we can see exactly how the substance effects the body on every level, particularly from too much exposure to the substance. What's "too much?" Well, the "poisonings" reflect what individuals experienced from exposure--what is a lot to some is very little to others, it's very subjective. The point is, the substance has these specific effects on the human body--perhaps not everyone gets all the effects, but these effects can and do occur in the body as a result of the substance.

Naturopathically, Boric acid suppositories should be used on a short term basis only, and the amount used should be precisely measured (specific dose suppositories used for a limited amount of time, usually about 2 weeks). If they have a curative effect, great--you won't need to use them again. If they don't, they shouldn't be used again either. There is no point in using a substance that is having no effect--it's never wise to just continue or increase the use of the suppositories hoping they'll "kick in" soon. Even if the suppositories do relieve the symptoms in the vagina, yeast has to be treated systemically and holistically in order to be cured--all the boric acid stuff does is get you out of discomfort from some of the yeast symptoms.

That being said, when I look at the above proving and clinical information about boric acid, bleeding isn't listed among the symptoms associated with "too much boric acid". I think there are a few reported cases where the medical books I'm using as a source here refer to its use in "menopausal flushings"...extremely thick mucus (this is unfortunately not specified in my books, the term is an historical one and I'm basing my understanding of it on what is considered "typical" phenomena that might become symptomatology during menopause). But bleeding doesn't appear to be one of the symptoms this substance causes.

So...in these cases where people are experiencing bleeding, it's very possible that what appears to be a yeast infection is not just yeast (that's why a physical exam to rule out other ailments is very necessary before starting any treatment). It's also very possible that the presenting symptoms will not respond to the current treatment and that whatever is going on involves the symptoms of bleeding as well (it could be weakened tissues, it could be cervical bleeding, it could be that the yeast infection goes beyond typical symptoms and is actually causing tissue damage, which it does do for some people). The bleeding could also, in some cases, turn out to be a sign that the body is actually moving toward the direction of cure--and that would depend on your past health history and other symptoms you've had before. There is no way to tell on your own and without working with a health care practitioner, and if you're using more than one drug (for anything...not just yeast) along with the boric acid, there's no way for you to tell what's affecting what. The best thing to do is to stop using ALL treatments for yeast and make renewed efforts to see what actually takes place as a result--so that symptoms can present clearly. You really need to keep track of what happens and you should talk to a doctor/naturopath/homeopath/herbalist/whoever you are working with to treat your conditions about what you're experiencing as well.

--------------------

+Quote Post
humanist77
post Jun 7 2006, 09:41 PM
Post #236

belligerently lazy

Thanks Billygoat!

Someone posted a great recipe for a douche awhile back, it had tea tree oil, acidophilus, and aloe in it. I wrote it down and lost the paper-does anyone know what the measurements were, or have one similar to it? Thanks for any information!

--------------------

+Quote Post
billygoat
post Jun 3 2006, 12:27 PM
Post #237

Ladies,

I posted this on the BV thread, but I thought I'd share here too. I struggled with Yeasties and BV for YEARS! Miserable woman I was. But I've been about 4 months without one and I'm happily back on track in the bedroom with hubby.

I was diagnosed as having some pretty bad food allergies. Things I'm allergic to: gluten (a protein in wheat, barley, rye); dairy; sulphites. This has been a drastic change in my diet. No wheat, barley, or rye bread, pastas, cakes, cookies, etc. I only eat carbs made of rice flour now. (I shop a LOT at Whole Foods!) No dairy, which includes milk, butter, creamer, cheese, etc. I use lots of olive oil on breads now. No sulphites, which includes most packaged foods and wine. Out of all of this, I think I miss my red wine the most. So now I drink Amaretto and pretty expensive potato vodka.

I realize some of you may not want to make such a drastic change in your diet. But then again, some of you may be at your wit's end like I was. All I can say is that I tried an elimination diet and I've been Yeastie-free for months now. It may be worth the shot to see how you feel after a month or so. I eat tons of lean meat, fresh and steamed veggies, artisan rice breads, and rice flour desserts (try Pamela's products!). There are alternatives out there to make yourself healthier.

Just remember - you are what you eat! ;-)

B

+Quote Post
cinamun
post May 31 2006, 03:48 PM
Post #238

juland-
I have heard that boric acid may be irritating to some, but when I had a severe yeast infection it was irritating around the opening of my vagina and not so much of the inside. The brand I used was Yeast Arrest. It was very sandy/grainy-like texture, so I think that was the reason it irritated me a bit. I wonder if that could be the reason I am bleeding-maybe there is some sort of friction going on when I use those pills and causing the cervix to bleed??? I've also experienced some slight lower back pain and cramping when I'm on it-during the bleeding. I am going to stop using the boric acid because I am afraid it may lead to something worse or it's causing cuts inside and I wouldn't want it to seep into my bloodstream, after all, it is toxic...

+Quote Post
juland
post May 30 2006, 08:41 PM
Post #239

cinamun -
That is such a coincidence, because I have been taking boric acid for about two weeks, and have experienced bleeding as well. Mine comes after intercourse usually. The doctor said I have a friable cervix, maybe due to having a chronic yeast infection. I wonder if the boric acid is irritating to some people, causing the cervix to become irritated and to begin bleeding? I'm not totally sure.

+Quote Post
cinamun
post May 30 2006, 06:09 PM
Post #240

I have been using boric acid suppositories for candida infection for about 2 months (on and off). Two weeks ago, after using the suppositories for 3 to 4 days, I experienced irregular light bleeding (did not have to use a pantyliner) for a week. I have secondary amennorhea (missed periods), so it could not have been my period. I stopped for about a week and a half. Three days ago, I started using the boric acid again. I just started lightly bleeding again today. Could this be a side effect of using boric acid? Why is it making me bleed? Has anyone experienced the same thing?

+Quote Post

13 Pages V  « < 10 11 12 13 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: August 30, 2014 - 08:22 AM