Welcome Guest [ Log In | Register ] ]

24 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Body Piercings
culturehandy
post Nov 24 2009, 08:22 AM
Post #1

(o)(o)

If I knew the second one would be so easy, then I would have done it sooner. I seriously can't believe how much it did not hurt.

--------------------
Hatred does not cease in this world by hating, but by not hating; this is an eternal truth. --- Buddah, The Dhammapada
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
angie_21
post Nov 23 2009, 11:04 PM
Post #2

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(culturehandy @ Nov 23 2009, 07:34 AM) *
I'm not going to lie, my first nipple hurt like a mother fucked. I've never had anything like before or after. never.

oooh me too. It was something else. But worth it. and kinda fun.

jsmith, I just thought I would answer your question, my nipple piercing always swells up and weeps when I catch a cold. Sometimes also right around my period. And it's been... 4 years now, I think. I also had a sports bra that made it irritated and after a while I realized it was probably bacteria hiding in the bra. And if they are swelling up but not weeping, maybe you are having a problem with drainage? definitely salt soaks, and maybe switching jewerly might help.

+Quote Post
culturehandy
post Nov 23 2009, 09:34 AM
Post #3

(o)(o)

Seven, I don't have my navel done I don't have the desire to do it. So I can't tell you how it is. I'm not going to lie, my first nipple hurt like a mother fucked. I've never had anything like before or after. never.

But my second boobie was a walk in the park. My nipples weren't sensitive before, but they are now, which is nice.

The newest is doing well, it's healing, crusting like it's supposed to. All's well with the boobie so far.

--------------------
Hatred does not cease in this world by hating, but by not hating; this is an eternal truth. --- Buddah, The Dhammapada

+Quote Post
sevenseconds
post Nov 19 2009, 02:42 PM
Post #4

Hardcore BUSTie

Culture,
ooooh, I love piercings too.
I have my bellybutton pierced ( above it, the normal way, I don't know how you call that one) and it hurt so bad, I was curled in fetal for 48 hours barely breathing, every breath pulled on it so i was trying to do little shallow breaths... It was bad. Which is strange as tattooing doesn't hurt me at all, it's more like tickling. And I generally pride myself in having a good natural anesthesia - my body releases its magic quite well, and fast. Does nipple hurt more or less than belly, if you have done both?
I'd love to do it, but I am a little chicken. How is yours doing?
PS: And, my nips are super sensitive, almost like what the small boobs were talking about recently, but not quite there.

--------------------
Every story is a cup so empty it can be drunk from again and again. - MJH

+Quote Post
culturehandy
post Nov 19 2009, 08:23 AM
Post #5

(o)(o)

7, I think you should get it done!!!!

There's something about pierced people, a fascination, I don't know why, but I get a lot of questions about mine, which I'm happy to answer. It's interesting.

--------------------

+Quote Post
sevenseconds
post Nov 17 2009, 04:05 PM
Post #6

Hardcore BUSTie

Happy new piercing, Culture! Hope it heals in no time.
Funny thing, I was just thinking of doing the same to, um, celebrate myself, and I opened Bust and saw you had just gotten it. So I was instantly relieved: Culture did it, I don't have to. Heh.

We are all part of the same great boob!

--------------------
Every story is a cup so empty it can be drunk from again and again. - MJH

+Quote Post
jsmith
post Nov 17 2009, 02:54 PM
Post #7

It's Calamity Jenn

It is getting to be a pain in the ass, dealing with them. But I really do like them, so I'm going to try to stick it out, whether or not they like it biggrin.gif

Summerbabe, the right one has this persistent scab, and sometimes it just swells up (it actually looks like a keloid, but I know it isn't because the swelling will go down pretty quickly). There is never any weeping though.

I've been trying to go by the LITHA philosophy, but I guess that just isn't going to cut it.
I guess it could be the way I'm sleeping. I tend to favor my left side.
I know the metal isn't causing problems, and it's the right length.

Do any of you have trouble with your piercings when you're sick? I'm wondering if that has something to do with the right one acting up. But you would think that the tissue would be completely healed up after 2 years. Unless I'm getting little microtears in the tissue, and bacteria is getting in.
Maybe my bra is harboring bacteria? I try to wash them regularly, but maybe I should pay closer attention to how often I'm actually doing it.

I guess I'll start up with seasalt soaks again, and see if that helps. Thanks gals.

--------------------
Shake off all the fears of servile prejudices, under which weak minds are serviley crouched. Fix reason firmly in her seat, and call on her tribunal for every fact, every opinion. Question with boldness even the existence of a God, because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blind faith. Thomas Jefferson

+Quote Post
girltrouble
post Nov 17 2009, 12:25 PM
Post #8

new highs in personal lows daily!

i had mine pierced jsmith, i just got sick of dealing with them. they were never happy, and i was never happy with them.

--------------------

"what a swell farewell party! we said goodbye to everything, including the lining in my stomach." - garvey, from the film, born bad

"That's one career all females have in common, whether we like it or not: being a woman. Sooner or later, we've got to work at it, no matter how many other careers we've had or wanted." --margo channing, all about eve

+Quote Post
culturehandy
post Nov 17 2009, 08:13 AM
Post #9

(o)(o)

One of my friends is having an issue with one of her boobeh piercings, and she talked about it with the woman who pierced me.

It could be a few things;

1. It could be the jewellery isn't the right size, so you might want to check out getting new barbells put in (my other nipple crusted up, and I changed it last week, now nothing at all).

2. It could be too far back or too far forward in the nipple

3. It could need to be cleaned. Do a soak in 1 cup warm water and a quarter teaspoon of salt, soak twice a day for 10 minutes at a time.

4. it could just be the nipple, it may not like the piercing (unfortunately).

5. Are you getting it caught on anything? It could also be the way you sleep, are you putting more pressure on that side or are you squishing your boobie when you sleep?

If all else fails, go see a piercer and see what they have to say.

My boobie is doing well today, doesn't hurt that much and I was able to go for a run yesterday, so this one is much better than the other one. I was thinking about it, and the person whom I was dating at the time wasn't too keen on me getting it done so there was some tension there. perhaps that added to it.

--------------------

+Quote Post
summerbabe
post Nov 16 2009, 09:32 PM
Post #10

BUSTie

What kind of problems are you having, jsmith? I had my nipples pierced 6 years ago, I totally love them! Soaking them in salt water is really good for them, if you're having infections or discharge. Maybe you're sensitive to the type of metal your jewelry is made of?

+Quote Post
jsmith
post Nov 16 2009, 08:54 PM
Post #11

It's Calamity Jenn

Good goddammit, I got my kneepoles pierced 2 years ago and they're still giving me problems. Especially the left one. It's been misbehaving the entire time it's been there. The right one behaves for the most part, but lately it's been pissy. I mean damn, it's not like I'm subjecting them to any sort of trauma. I keep them clean for chrissakes. Am I the only one who has a problem with her nipple piercings? And you know, I'll be damned if I'm going to take them out. I paid $60 to have them done, by jove.

--------------------
Shake off all the fears of servile prejudices, under which weak minds are serviley crouched. Fix reason firmly in her seat, and call on her tribunal for every fact, every opinion. Question with boldness even the existence of a God, because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blind faith. Thomas Jefferson

+Quote Post
rogue
post Nov 16 2009, 08:34 PM
Post #12

Hardcore BUSTie

CH, I think that's a really good way of looking at piercings - no appointment. I think I would back out if I booked a time to get something done. Of course, I'm a weirdo that gets anxious over everything.

And also - you are badass. ♥

--------------------
Vixi liber et moriar.

+Quote Post
girltrouble
post Nov 16 2009, 07:57 PM
Post #13

new highs in personal lows daily!

yay! congrats, baby goose! wub.gif

--------------------

"what a swell farewell party! we said goodbye to everything, including the lining in my stomach." - garvey, from the film, born bad

"That's one career all females have in common, whether we like it or not: being a woman. Sooner or later, we've got to work at it, no matter how many other careers we've had or wanted." --margo channing, all about eve

+Quote Post
culturehandy
post Nov 16 2009, 03:41 PM
Post #14

(o)(o)

yes ma'am. I cannot make appointments for piercings for the life I me. I get to worked up, the anticipation is too much and they end up hurting way more than walk ins. With a walk in, you don't have time to think about it.

--------------------

+Quote Post
ketto
post Nov 16 2009, 03:17 PM
Post #15

Hardcore BUSTie

Wow, that was fast. Weren't you just mentioning that you were thinking about it this morning in the okayer thread? tongue.gif I've always had a bit of a desire to get that done, but I think I might be threw with piercings.

--------------------
Meow.

+Quote Post
culturehandy
post Nov 16 2009, 01:01 PM
Post #16

(o)(o)

well, I went off and got my right nipple pierced. it was nothing compared to my left. It's a touch tender right now, but really, I'm surprised at how well it went. When the needle first went in, it was unpleasant, but I found my conch to be more painful than my right nipple.

--------------------

+Quote Post
ketto
post Oct 5 2009, 09:47 AM
Post #17

Hardcore BUSTie

I also agree with culture, but if you're able to go ahead and get a screw, I would order online from mspiercing.com. It's cheap cheap cheap. I just ordered myself 4 retainers and one screw for $15, including shipping.

--------------------
Meow.

+Quote Post
mumblestutter
post Oct 4 2009, 06:49 PM
Post #18

Hardcore BUSTie

hey freckle - i totally second culture handy. piercers know the ups & downs of various jewelry. if they don't quite have what you want, i'm sure they'd know where to order it from. plus, i'm sure it'd be nice as a piercer to see people who are happy with their piercing, healing coming along nicely smile.gif

nips are healing very nicely. total random lymphing from one nipple after 3 weeks. i woke up & it was all gooey & was terrified it was pus. but all was well. it just decided that it was going to spit scab material for a day. other than the pain of the initial piercing, that nipple has been totally pain free.

the other one is happily healing too. but has been "the painful one." nothing awful just little random twinges of pain not associated with anything. like the nipple's totally painless when i do an intense upper body work out or go running, but will hurt for a tiny instant when i'm sitting around doing nothing.

I am defiantly intrigued by the healing process & the fact that my body is restoring itself. even on the same body, there are differences in the healing process for each piercing.

and @ zoey. the whole breast-feeding thing isn't an issue b/c decided i don't want to have kids ever. that said i haven't researched the subject much, but the only think i've heard is that you have to take your jewelry( out to breast feed. (jewelry = small parts = choking hazard). women have many milk ducts in their nipples, so if a few don't work, there are still a bunch of other ones.

+Quote Post
culturehandy
post Oct 3 2009, 11:50 AM
Post #19

(o)(o)

Freck, go to a shop, that's the best thing to do when you're changing your jewelry at all.

--------------------

+Quote Post
freckleface7
post Oct 2 2009, 08:14 PM
Post #20

beachcomber

so, I think my nose stud has healed enough that I can change it out now.
but-- what's the best place to find new studs at? I have a simple post stud in right now that the piercer used, but really want something set in gold, either a tiny diamond or zirconia- so long as it's sparkly in an understated doesn't blind people when I turn my head kinda way.
also- is it going to be traumatic if I go from the stud style I have now to say- the screw kind?

mumble: how goes the nip's now that they've had some time to start healing?

--------------------
I'm gonna let it shine

+Quote Post

24 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: July 30, 2014 - 09:08 PM