28 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> why can't I just stay unemployed? the job hunting hell
sassygrrl
post Oct 2 2009, 11:58 AM
Post #41

sassygrrl

QUOTE(anna k @ Oct 2 2009, 03:08 AM) *
I got a call back for a second interview. The agency hasn't set up the interview yet, so I don't know when it is. I'm nervous and excited, and hoping that if I get it, I can work the temp job and do my part-time job on the weekends, since I've been there for nearly two years.

(((sassy)))) searching for good jobs and trying to get them is really frustrating and annoying.

Hey everyone, I've been searching for jobs. But no so luck yet.I'm looking for part time work right now.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
anna k
post Oct 1 2009, 10:08 PM
Post #42

Hardcore BUSTie

I got a call back for a second interview. The agency hasn't set up the interview yet, so I don't know when it is. I'm nervous and excited, and hoping that if I get it, I can work the temp job and do my part-time job on the weekends, since I've been there for nearly two years.

(((sassy)))) searching for good jobs and trying to get them is really frustrating and annoying.

+Quote Post
strgtgrlwrkpos
post Sep 30 2009, 11:19 AM
Post #43

sassygrrl: have you applied to any other jobs? I really do wish I could just stay unemployed...

+Quote Post
sassygrrl
post Sep 30 2009, 09:00 AM
Post #44

sassygrrl

annak, I second strgtrlwkpos. It seemed you did well, now comes the waiting... which I always feel is the worst part.

I'm over feeling sad. I just seemed to get really excited over a job that didn't happen. The fact is is that I need money. I don't want to keep relaying on Mcgeek for $. Yet, I don't want to go back to a shitty Mcjob either. Ergh!!!

+Quote Post
strgtgrlwrkpos
post Sep 30 2009, 07:06 AM
Post #45

anna k: sounds like it went well overall. Don't stress over every detail, it's done now and you'll know soon enough. I stress over every detail too and know it's hard not to do, but try not to smile.gif

+Quote Post
anna k
post Sep 29 2009, 01:22 PM
Post #46

Hardcore BUSTie

((((sassygrrl))) I'm sorry.

I had a job interview yesterday for a temp position with a major book publisher. I felt really confident, and felt professional and relaxed during the interview, but now I'm worried that I didn't make enough eye contact. I did while speaking, but would sometimes look down to gather my thoughts while speaking, and I'm nervous that it ruined my chances. They really liked my resume and background and enthusiasm, but I'm feeling like I did something wrong and wouldn't get it. And even though it's a temp job, it pays a lot more than my current job and would give me more access into the industry I want to be in, plus I'd get health benefits from the temp agency, but I would hate to be unemployed afterwards and feel like I screwed myself.

+Quote Post
sassygrrl
post Sep 25 2009, 01:23 PM
Post #47

sassygrrl

Fuck. Didn't get the job.

+Quote Post
sassygrrl
post Sep 19 2009, 08:46 AM
Post #48

sassygrrl

Crap, I killed the thread?

+Quote Post
sassygrrl
post Sep 17 2009, 03:52 PM
Post #49

sassygrrl

Dude... I don't get the point of another interview (that lasted only 8 minutes) where a different woman asks the exact same questions as the woman yesterday. WTF????I hope I did well. I did ask her questions which I think freaked her out a little. But they were pertaining to the job. It wasn't the best day for interview considering today we have to put doggy in hospital.

Ergh.

+Quote Post
sassygrrl
post Sep 16 2009, 02:19 PM
Post #50

sassygrrl

I have second interview tomorrow!
It was a phone interview, and I forgot to ask them many questions. However, I must have done well.
It's with Americorps, but thru a school for a development assistant job. I'd be working with the development director.
I also got a part-time job for a peer/grant reviewer position as well.

I hope I get the job. I need to get the heck out of the house. It's not a lot of money, but I'd get an educational reward at the end of the year.

+Quote Post
sassygrrl
post Sep 16 2009, 02:18 PM
Post #51

sassygrrl

I have second interview tomorrow!
It was a phone interview, and I forgot to ask them many questions. However, I must have done well.
It's with Americorps, but thru a school for a development assistant job. I'd be working with the development director.
I also got a part-time job for a peer/grant reviewer position as well.

I hope I get the job. I need to get the heck out of the house. It's not a lot of money, but I'd get an educational reward at the end of the year.

+Quote Post
anna k
post Sep 15 2009, 09:46 PM
Post #52

Hardcore BUSTie

Good luck sassygrrl!!!

+Quote Post
sassygrrl
post Sep 15 2009, 08:19 PM
Post #53

sassygrrl

jobbie interviewy vibes for tomorrow afternoon if anyone can give them!!!

+Quote Post
sassygrrl
post Sep 10 2009, 01:10 PM
Post #54

sassygrrl

Awesome!

+Quote Post
candycane_girl
post Sep 10 2009, 12:37 PM
Post #55

Hardcore BUSTie

Well, in a funny twist of fate, after what having what I thought was my worst interview ever I was offered the job! They called me today and I start filling out paperwork on Tuesday!

+Quote Post
sassygrrl
post Sep 10 2009, 09:18 AM
Post #56

sassygrrl

((ccg))) I hate weird questions on interviews.

I'm in the running for a peer/grant reviewer for Americorps. However, I still don't know if it's paid. I've been unemployed for over a year now, and I'm getting sick of volunteering. Yes, it's helping me get out of the house. I'm happy about that. I'm just sick of not working. I can't even find part-time work!! May I get vibes? I have a deadline of Sept 14th, and then I'll probably know by the end of the month.

+Quote Post
candycane_girl
post Sep 9 2009, 11:54 AM
Post #57

Hardcore BUSTie

Ugh, I'm feeling like a big fat failure. Just got a rejection letter about one of the jobs I interviewed for. And the interview I had yesterday for another job didn't go so well. One of the questions was about how the feminist group could have a campaign in conjunction with the drop fees campaign. How the hell am I supposed to relate women's rights to student debt?!

+Quote Post
anna k
post Sep 3 2009, 02:11 PM
Post #58

Hardcore BUSTie

deleted.

+Quote Post
candycane_girl
post Aug 24 2009, 06:39 AM
Post #59

Hardcore BUSTie

Arghhhhh! For the one job that I really really wanted they already gave someone a conditional offer. What I don't understand is why they post the jobs before we can even fill out the work study application to see if we are eligible to work at school (they deny it if your tuition and book fees aren't high enough).

+Quote Post
anna k
post Aug 23 2009, 02:41 PM
Post #60

Hardcore BUSTie

I hate it too, ccgirl. I keep re-writing cover letters, but always worry that I made some mistake and will get passed over, or haven't accomplished enough tasks to sound great enough. I try to play up my strengths and interests, and play to whatever business I'm really interested in working for, but it can be frustrating and I get annoyed and hard on myself.

While I do have a job, I need one that is better-paying and if it has health benefits, great.

+Quote Post

28 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: October 2, 2014 - 04:35 AM