Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The BUST Community Forum
girltrouble
post Nov 21 2009, 08:58 PM
Post #121

new highs in personal lows daily!

koffee=31 flavors of awesome.

--------------------

"what a swell farewell party! we said goodbye to everything, including the lining in my stomach." - garvey, from the film, born bad

"That's one career all females have in common, whether we like it or not: being a woman. Sooner or later, we've got to work at it, no matter how many other careers we've had or wanted." --margo channing, all about eve
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
koffeewitch
post Nov 21 2009, 01:51 PM
Post #122

Hardcore BUSTie

Okay, Hip Mammas, let's start using/promoting the H.M thread in the sex forum and see what happens.
AP, to answer your question about the number of Bustie mamas, I think that because I am more interested in the subject I am just more likely to notice a passing comment about breastfeeding, kids, etc. and remember the Bustie who made the comment. just like with vegetarianism or other things I'm into...but I can never remember other things (who is married, single, straight, gay, etc.) I've actually been pleasantly surprised at the number of busties who BF since it has such a low rate of occurance in the U.S. and England. (Not sure about Canada). The percentage of busties who continue BFing into the toddler years strikes me as higher than in our overall population of U.S. women.

But for the record, I come to the Lounge to reclaim and celebrate the me BEFORE I was Mommy. I come here for grown-up talk and politics, too. I think a lot of Bustie Mamas feel this way, so it is not always evident from their posts that they do have kids. I still like a thread to gripe about clueless pediatricians and feeling like the only feminist (freaky punk rock chick) at the park playgroup.

--------------------
"The U.S. is the only nation on Earth to pass from barbarism into decadence without once passing through an era of civilization."

+Quote Post
auralpoison
post Nov 20 2009, 10:42 PM
Post #123

Big Fat Bitch

QUOTE(koffeewitch @ Nov 20 2009, 10:49 AM) *
I noticed an icon on the board meaning that a thread has been moved, so I figured it's possible to move it to a better place.

It may be possible, but that doesn't mean it ever happens, KW. TPTB don't have much to do with the Lounge outside of the interns cleaning up the troll messes. Once in a blue moon they will close somebody's account (Zora, Musicfit, LMP) if requested, but it's usually two-three months after the request has been made. Outside of those two things, TPTB pretty much leave us to ourselves around here, which is why such tsuris is involved in starting a new thread.

. . . have noticed a LOT of Busties mentioning breastfeeding and kids so I think we do have some very hip progressive mamas here in the Lounge.

I do not deny that our mommies are hip/progressive, but where are you seeing so many of them? I count five, maybe six people actively interested in breastfeeding/parenthood. Five is less than one percent of one percent of regularly active Busties. Numbers-wise, we mostly seem to have a handful of tween/teen mommies & a handful of new/toddler mommies. At most, all vocal mommies combined, I'd wager maybe twenty people & that's a pretty small percentage.

I know I'm the one who brought up a new thread, but if people know about Hip Mama and start using it other's will see it on the Forum board (that's how I found out about it), and hopefully use it, too. I vote to wait it out for now and see it we can promote Hip Mamma somehow.

This is likely the best tack to take & I agree 100%.

QUOTE(eyelet @ Nov 20 2009, 03:57 PM) *
It sounds like several long standing Busties have no problem with a new thread being started in Friends and Family.

My initial post was thumbs down on the new thread for the aformentioned reasons & I am afraid I've gone back to my former position. There really aren't enough people to support a whole new thread, especially when a thread already exists. Again, it's 104 pages & has a 2000 post history. If there are enough mommies to keep it thriving, it'll always be at the top of LTAS. As long as the mommies keep it hopping, then new mommies are bound to see it or they can come in here & ask about it & be pointed in the right direction, yes?

--------------------
"You're cute, like a velvet glove cast in iron. And like a gas chamber, a real fun gal."

+Quote Post
eyelet
post Nov 20 2009, 03:57 PM
Post #124

Hardcore BUSTie

It sounds like several long standing Busties have no problem with a new thread being started in Friends and Family.

For what it's worth, I was on these boards frequently for a few years prior to getting pregnant (I changed my ID for a fresh start). I came back when I got knocked up because I'm not a typical new mom--I'm 43, and my partner and I don't live together, and I wanted to have a community to talk with about parenting that would be able to understand that. I haven't been disappointed.

+Quote Post
koffeewitch
post Nov 20 2009, 10:49 AM
Post #125

Hardcore BUSTie

Wow, I'm stuck off-line and this conversation goes off like a wild-fire. Personally, I love the Hip Mama thread..but I never knew it was there for the longest time and I was even looking for something like it. I noticed an icon on the board meaning that a thread has been moved, so I figured it's possible to move it to a better place. You guys know more about this... is it really such a big deal for the office to just move the thread? I do hate to start a new thread or lose an old one...I have noticed a LOT of Busties mentioning breastfeeding and kids so I think we do have some very hip progressive mamas here in the Lounge. If the thread cannot be moved, is there a way to post the name of the thread under Friends and Family and direct seekers to find it under "Sex" or is that idea just too cumbersome altogether?

I know I'm the one who brought up a new thread, but if people know about Hip Mama and start using it other's will see it on the Forum board (that's how I found out about it), and hopefully use it, too. I vote to wait it out for now and see it we can promote Hip Mamma somehow.

--------------------
"The U.S. is the only nation on Earth to pass from barbarism into decadence without once passing through an era of civilization."

+Quote Post
girltrouble
post Nov 19 2009, 03:26 PM
Post #126

i suspect that debbie would not look to kindly on that sort of "tampering," but meh.... never hurts to ask.

--------------------

"what a swell farewell party! we said goodbye to everything, including the lining in my stomach." - garvey, from the film, born bad

"That's one career all females have in common, whether we like it or not: being a woman. Sooner or later, we've got to work at it, no matter how many other careers we've had or wanted." --margo channing, all about eve

+Quote Post
pollystyrene
post Nov 19 2009, 01:06 PM
Post #127

Too many mutha uckas, Uckin' with my shi-

My recollection is that it was started as a "being a mom and still having an active sex life" thread, but that it evolved into mostly being about being a mom, with some sex every now and then (in the thread...not necessarily in the participant's lives tongue.gif).

Personally, I think it exists already, it has served its purpose there just fine, why start another thread? No one who comes to Bust is too delicate to have to see the thread titles, "Fun With Floggers" and "Fantasy Fucking Thread" just to find the mom thread, even if it seems like a weird location for it.

However, that mod/lackey who cleaned up the most recent toxic spill seemed nice and helpful- maybe she can move the thread if we ask nicely?

My bust clock used to be about an hour and 20 minutes off, now it's only about 20 minutes off- maybe because of daylight savings? Whatever; like aural said, I can deal with the clock being off.

--------------------
You went to school where you were taught to fear and to obey, be cheerful, fit in, or someone might think you're weird.
Life can be perfect. People can be trusted. Someday, I will fall in love; a nice quiet home of my very own.
Free from all the pain. Happy and having fun all the time.
It never happened, did it?

+Quote Post
raisingirl
post Nov 19 2009, 10:50 AM
Post #128

PANTIES! ew.

I agree it doesn't make sense, either. Maybe it was a mistake that --surprise-- never got fixed here.

My clocks are jacked up and out all over the place. My alarm clock is a couple minutes slow and my car's clock is always fast. It gets jacked up on its own.

+Quote Post
auralpoison
post Nov 19 2009, 10:46 AM
Post #129

Big Fat Bitch

I just wondered why the hell they put it in LTAS, Raisin. I mean, that makes no sense. I know Bustygirl didn't start it, but for 104 pages & 2000 posts it was good enough that the mommies kept coming back for more regardless of where it was located.

The clock has been that way for a looooong time now. Months. Who the fuck knows? As long as Steve is taken care of, I will tamp down my OCD & live with a jacked up clock.

--------------------
"You're cute, like a velvet glove cast in iron. And like a gas chamber, a real fun gal."

+Quote Post
raisingirl
post Nov 19 2009, 10:39 AM
Post #130

PANTIES! ew.

Right, AP, but I think it changed owners or something. A while ago.

ETA: What's with the Bust clock being 16 minutes off?

+Quote Post
auralpoison
post Nov 19 2009, 10:34 AM
Post #131

Big Fat Bitch

I dunno, Hip Mama seems to be around on the web still.

--------------------

+Quote Post
raisingirl
post Nov 19 2009, 10:24 AM
Post #132

PANTIES! ew.

Don't ask me how I remember this, but deep in the cobwebs of my mind, I seem to remember the Hip Mama thread being started ages ago because the magazine of the same name had temporarily folded or something.

+Quote Post
auralpoison
post Nov 19 2009, 05:59 AM
Post #133

Big Fat Bitch

Oh, jeezly crow, if it bugs ya'll so much that the Hip Mama thread is in LTAS (Which really doesn't get much play compared to the other forums. It's like nil. People read & perv, but mostly don't post. Ya'll have given it more action lately than the sexy people! LOL!) just start the parenthood thread already! It may not get much play, but at least ya'll will have a space where you are more comfortable, despite that fact that there is a pre-existing thread. I NEVER say this, but in this RARE instance, what's one more thread? Nobody visits LTAS anyways, so it'll drop to the bottom like a kick in the balls.

Ahem, I really don't miss Numbnuts & his shenanigans.

It does make me wonder . . . as mostly vagina Americans (And Canadians & whatnot.) . . . why aren't there more Bustie moms? I know there are Bustie moms & pregnant Busties . . . but the child-centric thread that gets the most action is the CBCers thread. Is that the issue?

I don't think our atmosphere is TOTALLY anti-kid or kid-hostile, I mean, I like hearing about Frecklette & the various Bustie wee 'uns. I appreciate & applaud their growing-up achievements in this topsy-turvy world. But we've had the Hip Mama & the Bustie mom's o' toddler threads for a good long time with VERY little activity. That is why I suggested folks might want to find a hip mommy site as the majority in the Lounge seems to be without child or are at least not talking about them.

So are people holding back? Or are we all just women of mostly 18-45 years without kids?

--------------------

+Quote Post
pinkmartyr
post Nov 17 2009, 07:06 PM
Post #134

Hardcore BUSTie

just wanted to share my support for a parenthood thread in a category that makes more sense than "sex." i love the idea of it just being "parenthood," because that term is more inclusive than just "breastfeeding" or "babies." it strikes me as a thread where i could ask a breastfeeding question, but could also chat with folks about how they find more time for their partners while being parents, or about my major anxiety regarding the visit of my step children.

eyelet, i really like what you said about the same person in the baby thread could be the same person in a bdsm or other thread. bust is a special place, and i haven't found a parenting community on the web that is as open or supportive. plus, i'd like to stick around here. its really fun that several of us supported eachother during our pregnancies and can continue to connect here as moms.

+Quote Post
girltrouble
post Nov 17 2009, 06:07 PM
Post #135

if memory serves it could IF, we had a bustie as a mod. unfortunately, we don't, and our chances of getting one are nil. the only way to do it would be to ignore the old one and start a new one.

--------------------

+Quote Post
eyelet
post Nov 17 2009, 04:19 PM
Post #136

Hardcore BUSTie

I have yet to find any other US-based websites where one can talk about parenting without having to endure a whole lot of drivel and strange insider jargon. The women who post in Hip Mommas or Pregnancy thread are the same people who on another day might stop by a thread about music or media or bdsm. We sometimes want to talk about "all things baby" with other progressive women. It's true that these forums aren't bursting at the seams with new parents, but there would probably be more new ones joining the conversation if the topic appeared in a more predictable category.

Can Hip Mommas just be moved to friends and family?

+Quote Post
girltrouble
post Nov 17 2009, 12:28 PM
Post #137

it's not like it's my thread, hell i don't think i've ever been in it, but do weigh the posts that are there. i know i would hate for, say the bdsm thread to be moved because of all the stuff that's been posted. there is a whole lot of "thread memory" that will be lost. i'm agnostic on the question, but i just think killing threads even by fading is something that should not be taken lightly.

--------------------

+Quote Post
kittenb
post Nov 17 2009, 08:18 AM
Post #138

There is nothing ironic about Show Choir!

Well, the Hip Mama thread on the sex board could be let to fade off and a new Hip Mama thread started under Friends & Families of the health board. Normally we try to get at least 2 approving comments for starting a new thread and I think you have it.

--------------------
In times of destruction, create something.
MHK

+Quote Post
ananke
post Nov 17 2009, 02:49 AM
Post #139

Hardcore BUSTie

Yeah, the hip mama thread being in sex just doesn't really work. I'm all for either a breastfeeding thread or a motherhood thread somewhere that makes sense.

+Quote Post
auralpoison
post Nov 16 2009, 08:47 PM
Post #140

Big Fat Bitch

Hip Mama already exists, you may as well repurpose it instead of starting a whole new thread. If it's quiet in there then start some chatter, the only way to keep a thread hopping is to be proactive & post in it. And if there are enough people interested in talking about new parenting/breast feeding, then it would likely stay near the top, no?

The Lounge isn't exactly bursting at the seams with new parents, if you're really wanting that kind of conversation, you might do just as well to try to find a cool mommy site & join up with them to talk all things baby.

--------------------

+Quote Post

150 Pages V  « < 5 6 7 8 9 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: July 28, 2014 - 10:18 AM