The Lounge Guidelines Help Search Members Calendar Blogs

Welcome Guest [ Log In | Register ] ]

> let your fingers do the walking...the masturbation thread.
tatiana
post May 31 2006, 02:59 PM
Post #1

BUSTie

Actually, now that you mention it treehugger, I had a bowl that was sitting on the counter waiting to be washed explode for no reason. I wasn't in the room at the time (thankfully!), but I was around the corner in the living room. It didn't fall, the base was still sitting on the counter top but the rest of it was all over the kitchen.

I can't remember what kind of glass it was though, and it was probably quite old (second-hand) so I don't know its history.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
treehugger
post May 31 2006, 09:49 AM
Post #2

cryostat bitch

auralpoison and misspissed,

I had a pyrex coffee cup spontaneously explode. I shit you not. I drink a cup of coffee, sometimes I forget to put it in the dishwasher and leave it on the table.

Came home after work and it was shattered on my table. Sitting in exactly the spot where I had left the cup, so my cat didn't do it. And, no, it wouldn't have been hot. It had sat almost an hour before I left. Spooky!

I even sent an email to the folks that make Pyrex, haven't gotten a response back. Although my junk mail filter is set WAY high so it's possible their response went in the junk.

I even took a pic of the shrapnel, if you're interested. Coffee Cup Shrapnel

(sorry to derail the thread...but there's NO WAY I'd get a pyrex dildo after seeing that!)

It was maybe fifteen years old or so..could that have been what did it?

--------------------
To block Steve's latest incarnation, Click Here.

+Quote Post
fificupcake
post May 31 2006, 08:55 AM
Post #3

ok..sorry for crashing the thread but i need some advice if poss...?
i'm a virgin and only just 16. i have been masturbating since i was 14 and i've orgasmed courtesy of my shower-head (that was really ill-phrased).
the time before my period is getting unbearable as i am so horny but i'm bored with my normal clit rubbing etc...
and i'm too nervous and embarrassed to buy a vibe/dildo plus i live with my folks....suggestions??

+Quote Post
pepper
post May 28 2006, 06:22 PM
Post #4

girls, glass ware that you eat and drink off of is regulated in terms of manufacture, glass sex toys are not. it's a relatively new thang you know, and no one is watching these glass artists or testing their work (well, the consumer is i suppose), who knows who made it and how?
i have seen what looked like perfectly sturdy pieces of work snap right in half in the studio because of an almost invisible air bubble or other flaw or simply because it wasn't annealed properly or for long enough. it's over a day in the kiln for an object the size of a sex toy, that's a lot of kiln time and a lot of electricity that a lot of artists can't be bothered with.
like i said, anyone who chooses to use those things can go right ahead, it's just not something that i would do myself. maybe after i have a few years of experience under my belt and i make my own but before that? NO way. i'd like to believe that everyone making glass dildos and such has the same high standards that i do but i'm not going to test that theory with my pussy. can you see my point here?

+Quote Post
misselectro
post May 28 2006, 05:58 PM
Post #5

I received a Hitachi Magic Wand as a gift yesterday and sistahs, GET ONE!
It is by far the best vibe on the market (though not for use internally!)

A full 120v of vibe action is HEAVEN!

+Quote Post
auralpoison
post May 28 2006, 03:01 PM
Post #6

Big Fat Bitch

WORD, Misspissed. It's all about the physics. If glass were so horribly unstable why would we eat off of it/drink out of it or fill our windows with it? I wouldn't want to be at a dinner table & have my bowl explode because it had hot soup/ice cream in it. I keep my martini glasses in the freezer & don't feel like I'm taking a risk drinking out of them. Most every day glass isn't made out of borosilicate/isn't as thick as the glass used to make toys. I grew up surrounded by Depression & even older glass. Only once in thirty years did something spontaneously rupture & that was only because it already had a HUGE crack in it when she bought it, but my mom loved it so much she refused to let it go. It was a lovely piece, but I knew it's days were numbered.

--------------------
"You're cute, like a velvet glove cast in iron. And like a gas chamber, a real fun gal."

+Quote Post
jamie
post May 27 2006, 06:15 AM
Post #7

what is masturbate and how do you do it?

+Quote Post
misspissed
post May 24 2006, 06:02 PM
Post #8

Hardcore BUSTie

i hafta agree that while glass is a brittle substance and will shatter when exposed to extreme temperatures or dropped on a hard surface, the chances are very very low that a glass dildo will shatter spontaneously with normal use.
all about the physics, ladies...

From Wikipedia:
Since glass is strong and unreactive, it is a very useful material. Many household objects are made of glass. Drinking glasses, bowls, and bottles are often made of glass, as are light bulbs, mirrors, the picture tubes of computer monitors and televisions, and windows. In laboratories doing research in chemistry, biology, physics and many other fields, flasks, test tubes, lenses and other laboratory equipment are often made of glass. For these applications, borosilicate glass (such as Pyrex) is usually used for its strength and low coefficient of thermal expansion, which gives greater resistance to thermal shock and allows for greater accuracy in laboratory measurements when heating and cooling experiments. For the most demanding applications, quartz glass is used, although it is very difficult to work. Most such glass is mass-produced using various industrial processes, but most large laboratories need so much custom glassware that they keep a glassblower on staff. Volcanic glasses, such as obsidian, have long been used to make stone tools, and flint knapping techniques can easily be adapted to mass-produced glass.

the only reason i refrained from buying the archer wand or transfer was a financial one. i don't have a whole lot of disposable income that i can spend on sex toys (wish i did!). so i tend to go for a cheaper version of something first, try it out and upgrade if i really like it.

for instance, i got a more basic model of the rabbit, and i am glad i did -- while i enjoy it, it is NOT my favorite vibe. i rarely use it, and if i had spent $80 on it, i would have regretted it.
anyway, my heartbreaker is goodtimes. i like it, although it isn't the all time best G-spot vibe.
i LOVE the texture and the way the control is set up, it is very easy to use.

uh..in fact i am gonna go use it now... :-O

+Quote Post
auralpoison
post May 24 2006, 11:58 AM
Post #9

Big Fat Bitch

Um, I'm perfectly calm. Nor am I freaky. *Nor* do I require your validation. You may do whatever you wish. I was just making a perfectly valid point. You dated somebody. You didn't have first hand experience blowing/working with glass. You observed & accrued. I dated a butcher; doesn't mean I can cut a perfect loin. I've dealt with glass one on one; you watched somebody else deal with it. I've actually worked with the medium; you've merely watched your boy/his partners work with it. Watching/doing are two different things. Yeah, you can learn, but it's not the same thing. I wasn't trying to be insulting. I just resent the impossibly simple idea that glass is "just going to shatter" on it's own accord. Glass is quite stable. As a collector, I have many items that are older than my great-great-great-grandparents. The Tiffany people weren't stupid & that's why their shit sells for scads of cash. You may not stick a LCT lamp up your snatch or in the oven, but it's still a quality, well-made artform that will last you years & years to come. I imagine my two will at outlast me to my children's children's children in their perfection.

I did a eight inch by eight inch installation of glass on aluminum a year ago that hasn't spontaneously shattered & hung in a local museum. I've worked with glass & if you know what you're doing, it's not gonna just burst in somebody's hands/vag. It's now hanging in somebody's home, so I guess they can't complain about the instability of glass unless they're sticking it in their greatly stretched openings.

--------------------
"You're cute, like a velvet glove cast in iron. And like a gas chamber, a real fun gal."

+Quote Post
pepper
post May 24 2006, 11:13 AM
Post #10

girl, calm down already. i have acknowledged your right to do whatever you want, kindly show me the same courtesy. i don't think glass is safe, i'm not obligated to do so to validate you. you are welcome to it, as i said. there is no need to be so insulting in your own defense. "Just 'cause you fucked somebody doesn't make you an expert." huh, i lived with him, we had an in-home glass studio, i spent time in his shop watching and learning from him and his partners. my views on the safety of glass are based on research and my own observation. you are welcome to differ in opinion, no need to get all freaky about it though.

+Quote Post
auralpoison
post May 24 2006, 10:28 AM
Post #11

Big Fat Bitch

How did I know that your post would start with that paranoid Womynsware post? Yeah, yeah, yeah, "dated a glass artist." Just 'cause you fucked somebody doesn't make you an expert. I dated an accountant, doesn't mean I can do your taxes properly. I'm a glass artist myself & I don't use anything that's going to *tragically* burst into flames or shards in my pussy. I've done SEVERAL HEATED exhibits that created stuff that proposed no danger to pussy enthusiasts. My shit is pretty, decorative, & safe. This idea that glass is merely an unstable liquid that can just burst into shards is a fallacy. Is YOUR pussy high heated? You got an ABOVE five hundred degree snatch? I have no fear that my shit is gonna spontaneously burst inside me because my puss is so flamingly hot. I run rather cool, actually, a 91-93F. I'm sorry, but cooch doesn't get that crazy hot. Yeah, you DROP it or otherwise fuck it it up, it isn't gonna be stable, but who is waving their glass sex toys about? It's not just gonna spontaneously burst up south. Have you ever drank off of a glass that burst into your mouth? No. Heat of your mouth vs. the cool of the ice water. No. Filling an iced pitcher with boiling water, yes, it will shatter, but it's a matter of extremes. Shatter city. Extremes.

--------------------

+Quote Post
pepper
post May 24 2006, 09:16 AM
Post #12

misspissed, that heartbreaker looks just like the green dino thing, the curve is good? you've tried it, you like it? that's good news if you have. i went by womyn's ware last time i was in Van and checked out the things i liked, their vibe and texture and stuff, but i just couldn't decide at the time. thought i'd order later and here it is later. maybe another trip to the store is in order. sigh, it's only an 8 hour drive away.
ap, thanks for your reply. i did pm you a while ago with my old name, thought for sure you'd remember what a dirty girl i am ;o) and that my house is full of toys. i don't regret the dough i put out, that last boy and i had a kinda fun we never coulda had without my collection. it's just that i wouldn't mind something else for some quick solo fun. that tiny vibe of mine can't have cost more than $25 and it sees more action that anything else, but it's a utilitarian kind of thing. since i'm single now i guess i don't mind spending a little more time on myself now and then.
as for the glass, i posted this (scroll down, it's under the heading of health hazzards) before. i know there are LOTS of glass lovers who don't agree but i dated a glass artist and i think i know a bit or two about the stress points of glass. it doesn't take heat or dropping to make glass shatter, in fact it can take NOTHING at all. more power to anyone else who wants to use it but i just can't consider it safe for myself.

+Quote Post
auralpoison
post May 24 2006, 02:40 AM
Post #13

Big Fat Bitch

Pepper, I'm not Kreskin. I didn't know what you had or didn't have, nor can I read minds. I didn't wish to make assumptions, so I played it safe in my reply. Some people come to toys in life & don't really know whether they are going to like vibes or not. I have several friends that are down with dildos & butt plugs, but find vibes irritating/numbing/not so stimulating. I bought my first one when I was about eighteen & I couldn't afford to be dropping eighty bucks on a sex toy. Also, it took time & experimentation to find out what I liked in a vibe. Frankly, my two favourite vibes (Ten years later.) cost me less than twenty bucks apiece. Once I got the hang of the RH, it was great, but I still get off quicker with an old school, fifteen dollar Slimline. Yeah, I have to replace it once a year, but it's quiet, cheap, & does the quick trick. It's also why I don't have six hundred bucks worth of useless junk in my toy bins. Classics are classics for a good reason & the Slimlines are classic & come in fun patterns/colours. Growing up my mom had one, even though it was a hideous nude colour. If you check in at Working Girls, the vibe thread, theredhead agrees with me on costs for newbies & she works at a women friendly toy store. I figure she knows her shit & her first timer cap is $25. Like I said, I don't know you or what lurks under your bed. I didn't know how experienced you were & responded in what I thought was accordingly.

On the glass thing *again*, I don't care who you're dating, my Archer Wand doesn't see as much action as my pyrex. Am I sticking it into a hot oven a couple times a week? No. As hot as I fancy myself, I do not have a four hundred degree ginch. Am I slinging my AW around the kitchen? No. If I drop it, it's on my bed or in the bath sink four feet from my bedroom. I've never knicked, dropped, or treated my AW with anything but respect & if I saw any flaw in it, I'd throw it out & buy a new one. Frankly, I find phtalate filled toys much more disturbing than glass. Glass is non-porous, easy to clean, weightier than acrylic, & retains heat. But that's just my opinion.

--------------------

+Quote Post
misspissed
post May 23 2006, 08:38 PM
Post #14

Hardcore BUSTie

i have been addicted to both the pleasure curve - scroll down a bit and the heartbreaker...again, scroll a bit.

both are totally worth it...now all i need is a new butt plug. have my eye on the tristan---yeah, scroll it.

i love sex toys. not just buying and playing with them, but learning about them. i wish i could work for Blowfish!

+Quote Post
pepper
post May 22 2006, 07:42 PM
Post #15

first, PPPFFFTTT!!! ha. oh, that is funny.
i have at least $600 worth of junk that i never touch in my drawer girl.
i'd rather spend $70 than $20 anytime. executive cock, right? even if it is one that i OWN, heh.
i know you love that glass thing but i just can't get my head around putting a glass implement into my cootch. love the curve on it though. that's why i asked 'bout the wee green dino, his curve is not so curvey as all that. don't want to waste my time on yet another expensive thing for the never utilitzed collection. sigh. they only see the light of day if a lover is in an adventurous mood. the rest of the time i'm too dang tired. i've perfected the two minute orgasm with my tiny vibe and even still, sometimes i wake up with the thing in my hand 'cause i've fallen asleep before i even got a chance to use it. so sad.

+Quote Post
auralpoison
post May 22 2006, 04:23 PM
Post #16

Big Fat Bitch

I don't think it would be useless at all, if used correctly. It is seventy bucks, though. Do you own other, uh, implements of pleasure? If not, I'd say go with something cheaper. A person's first vibe should cost no more than $20. That being said, after a bit of experimentation the RH was worth every penny.

--------------------

+Quote Post
pepper
post May 22 2006, 10:51 AM
Post #17

how useless do you think this would be for the g? is it a waste of my money? seems like the angle might not be near enough to do any real damage. it's so freaking cute though, ha ha.

+Quote Post
demoness
post May 17 2006, 12:29 PM
Post #18

BUSTie

There's the pillow/ furniture technique where you rub against a pillow or furniture (eg. chair, table etc...)

Thinking dirty always helps.(hey, if men can do it, we could do better!)

One thing ive found to be very helpful is a brazilian wax, or completely shaving that area. It becomes alot more sensitive and receptive to touch. Another thing i personally like doing is sucking and licking my dildo while masturbating(the one that feels real). Listening to yourself moan wont hurt either. Thats all ive got for now. Keep it coming. Id like to know if any of you have any other good techniques i could possibly use.

+Quote Post
chani
post May 14 2006, 10:43 AM
Post #19

Hardcore BUSTie

Rock Chick - mine came in the mail this week, but so did my period. Anyone used it? Got a fav technique? I'll post my review in a few days.

+Quote Post
faerietails
post Apr 28 2006, 10:42 PM
Post #1

donut-lovin' heathen

I'm so sad...I was working my way up to an orgasm with my trusty vibe, then my laptop battery dies (and with it, my mood music). Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! I wanted to scream. And not in the good way. :-(

+Quote Post
36 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Start new topic

36 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: October 2, 2014 - 02:07 AM