The Lounge Guidelines Help Search Members Calendar Blogs

Welcome Guest [ Log In | Register ] ]

47 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> House Of The Gods! Well, actually, it is just my lil' apartment...(the home decorating thread)
doodlebug
post Jan 20 2010, 05:30 PM
Post #21

I know it's only rock 'n' roll. But I like it.

I'm back! I'm decorating again! I figured it out - when I started smoking again, I stopped decorating. As soon as I quit, I started buying paint.

I'm going to paint my bedroom this weekend - lime green and turquoise. And all the furniture (bookcase, 2 nightstands, headboard) is going to be white. biggrin.gif I even asked my boss for Monday and Tuesday off so I can get it done right. tongue.gif

--------------------
Check out my band's new demo online! You can DL my original....and please fan up if ya like it!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
lananans
post Oct 4 2009, 07:50 AM
Post #22

Hardcore BUSTie

Ooooh CCL - that's so pretty! It looks so cozy.

+Quote Post
kari
post Oct 1 2009, 07:24 AM
Post #23

Hardcore BUSTie

That looks nice, COCL! I like it!

+Quote Post
crazyoldcatlady
post Sep 27 2009, 03:13 PM
Post #24

the moistiest

star, i have no idea about mattresses. bought one a while back; i just went to a warehouse, slept around, and bought the one that felt the nicest. still love it.

i have an apt with a window that opens to a hallway/entryway that i share with another tenant; up until this weekend all i had over it was blinds, and now:

stained glass

(btw star, i have furniture now!)

+Quote Post
stargazer
post Sep 20 2009, 02:51 PM
Post #25

brown delicious

not so much home decorating advice, but, i may look for a new mattress soon. (if this mattress could talk!) any advice on good ones. i'm personally a fan of firm mattresses. i remember sleeping on a heavenly bed one time and having the worse sleep ever. i've heard temper-pedic mattresses are the best. Thanks!

--------------------
"I'm not impressed easily. Wow! A blue car!"-Homer Simpson

+Quote Post
crazyoldcatlady
post Aug 16 2009, 02:31 PM
Post #26

the moistiest

i love how the amp is in the fireplace!

and nice blue walls!

+Quote Post
foryoursplendor
post Aug 16 2009, 12:45 PM
Post #27

Hardcore BUSTie

I rearranged my living room recently, it was pretty fun. Here are some pics:

http://foryoursplendor.livejournal.com/113314.html#cutid1

+Quote Post
auralpoison
post Aug 13 2009, 01:59 PM
Post #28

Big Fat Bitch

QUOTE(whatagirlwants @ Jul 10 2009, 12:06 PM) *
Aural Poison, that was evil thing you did..lol are you seriously did that? well, hopefully he didn't know that you are the one who did it... but yeah, some tenant take liberties in apt buildings/public areas like that is their own home.

Anyway, if you preferred the laundromat, have you ever heard about Purex Complete 3-in-1 Laundry Sheet? it's new stuff that can make doing laundry easier, so you don't need to carry those heavy bulky bottles to the mat anymore. I have tried it myself...

Um, I have . . . issues. OCD. When I used to go to the 'mat, I measured out exactly how much detergent powder (When I used it.) into a plastic baggie & I used dryer sheets & those were small. When I switched to Dr. Bronners all I needed was one small, convenient bottle & the dryer sheets.

When I moved out of my old place, I downsized like crazy. I purged a lot of crap. I was pretty proud of myself. I kept shoes/clothes, books, music, instruments, kitchen stuff, photos/art, furniture, etc. Everything else was up for grabs.

Now I am back on the crap wagon. I throw out at least two bags of useless crap a day. I seriously scratch my head about some of this stuff. Who SAVES every seed & stem from every bag of pot they smoked for thirty years? I swear, I could play Little Jennie Potseed & this whole town would burst forth with cannabis goodness.

--------------------
"You're cute, like a velvet glove cast in iron. And like a gas chamber, a real fun gal."

+Quote Post
indiechick
post Aug 13 2009, 12:18 PM
Post #29

Hardcore BUSTie

hi treehugger,

i just found this article on apartment therapy and thought of your question. might be helpful. smile.gif

+Quote Post
designermedusa
post Aug 13 2009, 06:43 AM
Post #30

Hardcore BUSTie

treehugger, good luck with the downsizing. I have started over many times in my life, I have donated so much furniture over the years that I've probably wasted too much money. I just don't have an emotional connection to stuff, and I like helping others if I have no need for certain items. Right now I live in a small apartment (less than 600 square feet), and I don't feel like I need anything bigger. Everyone is different, but I'd rather have a smaller space, but live where I want. I think the downtown condo would be cool, and say go for it if it's in your heart. Good luck.

+Quote Post
stargazer
post Aug 12 2009, 11:34 AM
Post #31

brown delicious

OoO, how exciting! It sounds like you are ready for a change. I've moved alot since I was a kid. But, I will say that in the past 2 years I done a big cleansing of items. With my last move, I sold alot of my stuff to family and friends, had a garage sale, and gave what I couldn't sell and didn't want to keep to Goodwill or other charitable secondhand stores.

Good luck with the downsizing!

--------------------
"I'm not impressed easily. Wow! A blue car!"-Homer Simpson

+Quote Post
treehugger
post Aug 12 2009, 03:18 AM
Post #32

cryostat bitch

Sooo, I don't know if I should be putting this in the money thread or here, but I might be putting my condo up for sale. The thing is, I'm looking at moving closer to downtown, but in my price range, what I can afford downtown (and be in a decent neighborhood with a non junky space), all I can afford is about 800 square feet. My current place is 1750 square feet plus a balcony. So I'm a little conflicted.

I actually love, love, love my condo, I have it decorated really nice, thanks to my aunt, and I get tons of compliments when people come over, and it's great for entertaining. All my friends ooh and aah when they walk in.

But, I hate the neighborhood where I live! And the building...I don't fit in very well. It's mostly really elderly, retired people here. Not that there's anything wrong with elderly, retired people, but I don't have much in common with them. Downtown would be so much nicer, and I found a really nice quality place in a really hip, funky neighborhood. And it almost feels fateful~because they current owner is getting married and doesn't want to leave till November. Which gives me time to try to sell.

Realtor is coming over on Saturday to do a market analysis and I'm decluttering and packing excess junk away. Freecycling a lot. It's kind of nice being CBC because I don't feel like I have to hold on to family heirlooms for a potential child. I'm seeking out cousins with children to pass this stuff down. figure if I'm gonna move downtown I'm going to have to get rid of a lot of stuff.

Right?

Has anybody downsized like this before? I'm going to have to be ruthless....

--------------------
To block Steve's latest incarnation, Click Here.

+Quote Post
whatagirlwants
post Jul 10 2009, 11:06 AM
Post #33

BUSTie

Aural Poison, that was evil thing you did..lol are you seriously did that? well, hopefully he didn't know that you are the one who did it... but yeah, some tenant take liberties in apt buildings/public areas like that is their own home.

Anyway, if you preferred the laundromat, have you ever heard about Purex Complete 3-in-1 Laundry Sheet? it's new stuff that can make doing laundry easier, so you don't need to carry those heavy bulky bottles to the mat anymore. I have tried it myself...

--------------------
LOVE TO LIVE. LIVE TO LOVE.

+Quote Post
PixiePink
post Jul 9 2009, 10:35 AM
Post #34

BUSTie

i just moved into my own apartment with my boyfriend (wish me luck) lol. Anywho, so far I like it. We still need a few more things to decorate it and I found out that Big Lots has great things for the home, I would've never thought. I've been spending a lot of time in target walking down each aisle day dreaming wanting to buy all the cute things they have in the home section.

+Quote Post
auralpoison
post Jul 8 2009, 12:47 PM
Post #35

Big Fat Bitch

QUOTE(whatagirlwants @ Jul 8 2009, 12:01 PM) *
Well.. I finally have my own apartment after my sis and her husband kicked me out from their house LOL.. I'm such a trouble maker, but I love it and I'm happy for my self. One thing I don't like about living in apartment is to do laundry.. oh my god I have so many to be done and my apt building only have one washer one dryer lol.. have to go to laundromat then.. sad.gif do you feel me guys???

Even though my old building had five washers & five dryers, I preferred the 'mat. People take liberties in apt buildings that they won't take elsewhere. Like, I don't like somebody manhandling my underthings & tossing them on the folding table because I was *two* minutes late on getting to the laundry room. FYI, I went back when that guy's stuff had just been put in the dryer & opened the door to stop his dryer. He was out a dollar & his stuff was still wet.

--------------------
"You're cute, like a velvet glove cast in iron. And like a gas chamber, a real fun gal."

+Quote Post
whatagirlwants
post Jul 8 2009, 11:01 AM
Post #36

BUSTie

Well.. I finally have my own apartment after my sis and her husband kicked me out from their house LOL.. I'm such a trouble maker, but I love it and I'm happy for my self. One thing I don't like about living in apartment is to do laundry.. oh my god I have so many to be done and my apt building only have one washer one dryer lol.. have to go to laundromat then.. sad.gif do you feel me guys???

--------------------
LOVE TO LIVE. LIVE TO LOVE.

+Quote Post
Allison-Shine
post Jul 2 2009, 12:21 PM
Post #37

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(pollystyrene @ Jun 6 2009, 12:21 AM) *
Cross-posting in the general knowledge thread:

Does anyone know if/where I can download a template to hang photos like this? I want to buy the frames myself but want something to help me hang them in that sort of clean square. I don't have $350 to spend on it, so if I can just get a template that would be great. And it doesn't have to be 10 frames or that layout.

To kind of answer your question I would suggest Michael's for buying picture frames. Great selection, good quality and their prices and weekly coupons are a great deal.

+Quote Post
pollystyrene
post Jun 8 2009, 10:32 AM
Post #38

Too many mutha uckas, Uckin' with my shi-

Yeah, that's what I'm thinking, rose. We want to hang some pictures I took of the crabapple blossoms outside. We're still working on getting frames right now, and picking out which ones we like the best. I'll post pictures when I'm done with this little project.

--------------------
You went to school where you were taught to fear and to obey, be cheerful, fit in, or someone might think you're weird.
Life can be perfect. People can be trusted. Someday, I will fall in love; a nice quiet home of my very own.
Free from all the pain. Happy and having fun all the time.
It never happened, did it?

+Quote Post
roseviolet
post Jun 8 2009, 09:47 AM
Post #39

Pacifism kicks ass!

Polly, I hear that the cheapest, best thing you can do to get that look involves a big piece of paper, a ruler, and a pencil. Just roll out the big piece of paper, lay out the frames on the paper in a design you like and use the ruler to make sure the spacing is even. Then draw around the frames with your pencil. Set the frames aside, then tape the big piece of paper on the wall. Using the pencil tracings as your guide, hammer the nails through the paper into the right places for each frame (Measure the back of the frames to be sure where the nail should go). Then rip down the paper and hang your frames.

Note that I have not done this myself, but I've seen others do it.

+Quote Post
pollystyrene
post Jun 5 2009, 11:21 PM
Post #40

Too many mutha uckas, Uckin' with my shi-

Cross-posting in the general knowledge thread:

Does anyone know if/where I can download a template to hang photos like this? I want to buy the frames myself but want something to help me hang them in that sort of clean square. I don't have $350 to spend on it, so if I can just get a template that would be great. And it doesn't have to be 10 frames or that layout.

--------------------
You went to school where you were taught to fear and to obey, be cheerful, fit in, or someone might think you're weird.
Life can be perfect. People can be trusted. Someday, I will fall in love; a nice quiet home of my very own.
Free from all the pain. Happy and having fun all the time.
It never happened, did it?

+Quote Post

47 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: October 20, 2014 - 05:21 AM