The Lounge Guidelines Help Search Members Calendar Blogs

Welcome Guest [ Log In | Register ] ]

962 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Okay...where's the "Okay...well, what about THIS?" thread?
ketto
post Jan 19 2010, 09:17 AM
Post #41

Hardcore BUSTie

Weird...I totally made a really long post in here last night and it's gone. sad.gif

--------------------
Meow.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
culturehandy
post Jan 19 2010, 09:11 AM
Post #42

(o)(o)

Good Morning!

(((((Jami))))) What's going on??

Hey Kari, Ketto and Turbo!!

It's been pretty much the same as always for me, just peppered with more boys. I'm growing a little tired of it to tell you the truth.

--------------------
Hatred does not cease in this world by hating, but by not hating; this is an eternal truth. --- Buddah, The Dhammapada

+Quote Post
jami
post Jan 18 2010, 09:44 PM
Post #43

Hardcore BUSTie

greetings ladies.
just wanted to stop in and say hi

hi

hope all is well with everyone.

ok... as well as well can be.

right?

--------------------
You will travel through the valley of rejection.
You will reside in the land of morning mists.
And you will find your home.
Though it will not be to where you left it.

+Quote Post
turbojenn
post Jan 7 2010, 08:14 PM
Post #44

Hardcore BUSTie

OMG, ketto - your partay food sounds amazing. I've been craving vietnamese spring rolls, and now I think I'm going to have to go to the asian market tomorrow to go get the stuff to make them. YUM. Hope you've had some time to relax this week after all your visitors.

I wasn't too sad to return to work on Monday, but the 5am wake up was a little rough. And MRG is in town and I've had some pretty awful cramps, so that's made me extra crabby this week. But, tomorrow's friday, and that's a very good thing. We've got a holiday gathering with friends tomorrow, and I'm going to see a fluffy girly movie with a friend on Sunday, and aside from that, I've got to come up with some new stuff to cook, so I have something to write about next week. Turbomann's dad also gave us his old Canon Rebel Digital SLR, so I've been playing with that all week - it is sweet. And, it works with the lenses for my old film camera - woot!

Kari - I hope the career counselor helps...I've been thinking about getting some coaching or something too. I don't know what I want to do next, but thinking about the next move helps me deal with the stupid shit at work. I'm in the super-even-crazier-than-usual season, and it's not much fun between now and June.

+Quote Post
ketto
post Jan 4 2010, 11:20 AM
Post #45

Hardcore BUSTie

Happy new year everyone!

Seems like everyone is in decent spirits.

My week off was heavenly. I wouldn't be sad to be back at work if I wasn't totally exhausted. Paperboy and I both had friends in from out of town so it was a busy break. On the 27th we did christmas dinner at paperboy's families - fun but I was burnt out already. On the 28th I had a secret santa exchange with my 3 best lady friends and we all got out our old journals from 10-15 years ago and read out some hilarious entries. On the 30th I had friends over to go skating and have snacks since the river is partially skate-able.

On NYE we ended up having an impromptu par-tay. I made bacon wrapped water chestnuts, salad rolls, non-fried spring rolls, chocolate fondue and homemade potato chips - unfortunately I sliced off a chunk of my thumb with the mandolyn slicer. It was gushing and I wrapped it in a paper towel and almost passed out getting paperboy to bandage it. Now that's it had a few days to heal its really not bad but a whole clean slice of my thumb is missing and paperboy had to throw it out. Gross. New year's day we did dinner at my folks, Saturday we went to a party at my friends, and last night paperboy had his out of town friends over. I was so sick of being around people that I went skating by myself on the river instead - i felt bad but paperboy understood i needed some alone time.

All the out of towners leave tomorrow and I'm relieved. We both were hoping for a little more rest time. I start my counselling training tonight but I hope we get out early because it's the first day. I'm already planning to work from home tomorrow just to play catch up on sleep, work, and time alone.

--------------------
Meow.

+Quote Post
kari
post Jan 4 2010, 08:34 AM
Post #46

Hardcore BUSTie

Happy New Year, Okayers!!!!!

I hope it is the start of a great year for everyone!

Jenn, that's great that your mom made a feast you could eat!! yay! How did it go getting up this AM? I had a difficult time.

Hey Jami! Glad you & your love got to spend NYE together. smile.gif

Hey Ketto! How was your break from work?

Hey CH! How goes it?

Things with me are good. Had a nice weekend. Saw some movies, hung w/ some family. Ate tons of food. Oops! I am actually not too upset to be back @ work and in the regular schedule. Got a regular work week this week, no PT work, nice! Mr K is still out of school. He is going to Memphis on wed-thurs for his first pharmacy school interview. blink.gif I hope it goes well! Though I am also hoping he scores one at the school here, b/c I don't want to move. I am going to be utilizing the services of a career counselor this month. She was highly recommended to me. Hoping she can help me find some direction. We're doing a small bit of career exploration, but mostly will focus on networking skills, resume overhaul, interviewing skills, etc. Looking foward to it!

+Quote Post
culturehandy
post Jan 4 2010, 08:03 AM
Post #47

(o)(o)

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!

--------------------
Hatred does not cease in this world by hating, but by not hating; this is an eternal truth. --- Buddah, The Dhammapada

+Quote Post
turbojenn
post Jan 2 2010, 01:55 PM
Post #48

Hardcore BUSTie

Happy New Year, everyBustie!! Hope y'all had good celebrations, and a little time away from work.

We had a good Christmas in MI, and it seems that writing on my blog that my Christmas Wish was to survive a visit home without getting glutened made something in my mother *click* and she finally thought of me as she was making Christmas dinner, and I was able to eat everything - Huzzah! And now we've been home livin' the life in our PJs all week (or out of them, as the case may be, heh wink.gif), and it has truly been bliss. Monday is going to be harsh when the 5:30am wakeup rolls around. Ah well, such is life.

Jami - sounds like a perfect NYE!

Hi Tree!

+Quote Post
treehugger
post Jan 1 2010, 04:52 AM
Post #49

cryostat bitch

nice, way to start the year Jami! wub.gif

Happy New Year to the Okayers-hope 2010 is a great one!!

--------------------
To block Steve's latest incarnation, Click Here.

+Quote Post
jami
post Jan 1 2010, 01:47 AM
Post #50

Hardcore BUSTie

Happy New Year
to you and yours

its midnight
mylove and I went outside just as the fireworks started
and kissed under the full moon

--------------------

+Quote Post
ketto
post Dec 28 2009, 11:40 AM
Post #51

Hardcore BUSTie

(((jami)))
(((kari)))
(((diva)))
(((jenn)))
(((ch)))
(((star)))

Happy belated holidays!

Jenn, those cookbooks look great! What a great idea. So great that you were able to enjoy the meal with everyone else. Yesterday we did paperboy's families christmas and his aunt made these candied sweet potatoes at thanksgiving that had a bit of flour in the topping. She made them without this year and his cousin made the stuffing outside of the turkey so I could eat that too. It was really nice of them and they made sure to let me know. I brought my own stuffing but otherwise I was able to have almost everything they put out.

On Christmas eve paperboy and I went skating in the evening and it was beautiful. We had a good christmas morning breakfast and opened our stuff, then went to his moms to open things, then my parents for dinner at 4. It was a great day.

Now I have a week off from work and it's soo needed. I'm really happy I slept in until 11 today and I have nothing really do to either than what I want to. January 4th is when I head back to the real world and it's going to be a busy few months. I start my counselling training which will keep me occupied two evenings a week, plus my regular work week, plus I'm getting accredited in a workshop, I'm presenting a workshop to a Uni Womyn's centre (which I still have to do an outline for), and I have to finish yet another grant proposal for my job. I'm really looking forward to it though. I prefer to be a little too busy (and have my weekends) then have nothing to do and stay in and munch out.

Time to go for a run!

--------------------
Meow.

+Quote Post
kari
post Dec 27 2009, 12:04 PM
Post #52

Hardcore BUSTie

Hey!

Jenn, power on through that visit! You on your way back today? I definitely hear you on being exhausted. It's partly my fault, since it was my choice to take a second job, but man. This is the first day I've had w/ nothing to do or nobody to see. I did have to attend church with Mr K's family this Am, but begged off of lunch. They are great people, but I had to have some down time or it wasn't gonna be pretty. Mr K is working, so I think I deserve kudos for meeting them all at church by myself.

Now I'm @ home, sitting in a sunny corner in an armchair. Perfect. Going to do whatever I please today. Meeting up with my sis tonight, she's here from Seattle.

Hey ch!
Hey Ketto!
Hey Jami!

+Quote Post
stargazer
post Dec 26 2009, 09:02 AM
Post #53

brown delicious

**delurking**

Congrats turbojenn on the book! Very proud of you! I posted it to my FB wall. Hope you get some sales! smile.gif

**relurking**

--------------------
"I'm not impressed easily. Wow! A blue car!"-Homer Simpson

+Quote Post
turbojenn
post Dec 26 2009, 08:53 AM
Post #54

Hardcore BUSTie

Hey y'all! Merry Happy Festivus to all, hope everyone has had a good one. We're on day 3 in MI with our families, and it's going okay - we're pretty exhausted at this point, from bouncing back and forth between our families and obligations, and I'm just about hitting the momma claustrophobia as she wants to know my every plan, and get as much Jenntime as possible. I know she misses me, and my brother hasn't been to MI in 3 years, so it's all on me, but gah - I am looking forward to peace and quiet when we get home. That aside, it's been a nice visit home - all the little kids are growing up so fast, it's crazy. They're all like REAL little people now - even the littlest tots are walking talking independant little peeps. Pretty fun.

Kari - hope you're milking that discount this week!

((((((Diva and fam)))))) Sorry to hear of your grandpa's passing - I hope the funeral went okay, and that you heard and shared good stories of his life.

I have definitely eaten WAY too much so far this vacation...turbomann's family has gone above an beyond in making the entire Christmas feast gluten-free, his sister made bread, three kinds of cookies, fudge, and dad's new wife made brownies and gluten-free swedish meatballs...and I'm eating it all - scale be damned. I'll work it all off when we get home. wink.gif My mom even managed to think about my needs for the first time, and I was able to eat everything on the table last night - WOOT!

Oh, and my cookbooks went over VERY well with the family - here's the link where you can preview some of the book and buy it - all of the content is from the blog, so there's really no "exclusive" content, but I'm thrilled with how they turned out - the printing is gorgeous and all the photos look great.

+Quote Post
culturehandy
post Dec 23 2009, 10:50 AM
Post #55

(o)(o)

Good Morning!!

(((((kari)))) I'm sorry to hear about the friend. How is everyone holding up??

((((Diva))))) I am so sorry to hear about your loss.

(((((jami)))) Ugh on middle son. but cookies!!!

((((ketto))))) and (((((turbo))))) just cause!!!

I don't have much going on. Things are wrapping up at work, only a bit longer then I'm off. that's really it.

--------------------

+Quote Post
kari
post Dec 23 2009, 08:45 AM
Post #56

Hardcore BUSTie

Mornin'.

Hope all is well with everyone. I am feeling better today by virtue of 2 things: got some sleep last night & am working @ home today.

Have a chiro appt @ 11 and then think I'm going to do a lunchtime workout @ the gym. I haven't worked out in almost a week and am def feeling it.

What's up with everyone else?

+Quote Post
kari
post Dec 22 2009, 08:27 AM
Post #57

Hardcore BUSTie

Good Morning.

((Diva and family)) I'm really sorry to hear about your grandfather's passing. sad.gif
On the good news side though - that's really exciting that you guys looked at rings!! NICE!!! I love antique rings. Sorry to hear about your job being so shitty. ~~~~~~~promotion vibes!~~~~~~ Oh - W-S discount is 40%. I'm going to try to stock up on stuff before I stop working there.

Hey Ketto! Glad you & paper boy got some time this weekend! yeah! I got some with Mr K, not enough, but it'll have to do.

Hey Jami! Don't feel bad when you lurk. We all do it. Sometimes you just can't get up the energy to post. Sounds like you have a lot of holiday plans! Good times. So middle son doesn't get on with your man? Tension like that is really rough. I have some in my family, though of a different variety. Grrrr on your insurance! They had better not do you wrong. mad.gif On the upside, I hope you get some relief. Ears ringing must be miserable.

Things here this AM are eh. I had to work @ WS last night til f-ing midnight. And I think a misunderstanding with the manager occurred upon my leaving. But I'm not sure. But it's left me feeling like a loser.

I'm just trying to make it through this workday. Have book club party tonight! yay!

+Quote Post
jami
post Dec 21 2009, 06:35 PM
Post #58

Hardcore BUSTie

greetings ladies.

yep, jami's baaak. I lurk sometimes. feel bad when I don't post.
seems like it's kinda slow here. things are getting fast outside, isn't it.

kari, are you feeling better? I sure hope so.
turbo, well, you tried with the gluten free cookbooks and all. at least you have a safe haven at the nephew's house.
diva, yay on the news upcoming. how cool. good thoughts your way for the promotion, btw.
CH, how ya doin' girl? you're a strong one.

lets see. Day before Christmas dinner at middle boy's house, to introduce me to in-laws to be. Christmas dinner with dad and mylove here at our house. Day after Christmas is dinner here at our house for sons and their girlfriends, but mylove will be gone 'cause middle son won't come if he's here. (he'll stay at my dad's house) sheesh, wish son'd grow up and just leave us to be happy. I hate all this well, will you come, or do I go, or how do we get together. grrr.
my dad stopped by yesterday and gave us 6 dozen cookies!!! all different varieties. major yum. dinner? what dinner? we had dessert! smile.gif
I went to the doctors 'cause my ears were ringing for 5 weeks, then hearing stopped in one ear. dr said it was fluid in the ear canal. and the bright lights that was in one eye was due to a migrane (but no headache). so now insurance company (blue cross) sent me a 'respond in 10 days' thing demanding to know all doctors I've seen in 5 years, all lab work, all everything. egads. it was diagnosed!! now I'm afraid they'll cancel me. the labwork said low thyroid, so I'm on meds and being retested every two months.
I did entrance exams and was accepted to the local community college. starting over. scared witless, but it's forward.
hugs,
jami out

--------------------

+Quote Post
ketto
post Dec 21 2009, 11:51 AM
Post #59

Hardcore BUSTie

Hey everyone!

Jenn, did you get in some good QT with turboman? It's been so busy but paperboy and I got in some time and I feel much more refreshed this week. Just trying to get through the next three days and then I'm off until Jan 4th. That sucks about bringing your own food - my mom switched to mostly GF when I did and was amazed at how much better she felt. She has a lot of food allergies already (cheese, dairy, certain grains, etc) so she's happy to switch it up. My dad doesn't cook so he just goes along with whatever she's doing.

Diva, it's crazy when you about someone who's killed themselves - it seems like the first thing you always here is that no one suspected anything was wrong. Sad stuff.

Good luck for the promotion application! That's exciting about the rings and that, keep us posted.

So sorry to hear about your grandpa. It sounded like you were really at peace with it already and that he went surrounded by family. What more can you ask for than a long and happy life? (((diva)))

--------------------
Meow.

+Quote Post
Divala
post Dec 18 2009, 12:15 PM
Post #60

Hardcore BUSTie

Hi, peeps.

((((((((Mr. K's friend's family))))))))) What a horrible thing to have happen, especially around the holidays. Is it just me, or do we hear about suicides a lot more lately, like in the last couple of years?

There was a guy who worked in my building that committed suicide a few months ago. He came into work, went out to lunch with a friend, hid behind a bunch of boxes on a deserted floor of the building, and stabbed himself to death. They didn't find him for 9 days, and it doesn't seem anyone suspected anything.

Ketto, that's sweet that you guys got a tree in your first place. I've never had my own tree, and the giant and probably won't until we have a kid to enjoy it with. It seems like you're adjusting well to the gluten-free lifestyle. I don't know how you do it.

Kari, what is the employee discount for employees at W-S? I'd love to shop there more, but I can't afford anything more than the occasional gadget or cookbook, though I do buy myself a jar of the peppermint snaps every year. I'm decorating truffles with them, and now that flavor is selling faster than it ever has. Plus, they taste good. I'll probably get another jar next time I stop by. They're addictive.

I hear you about feeling on the brink of sick. I've been there for the last month, with the occasional scratchy throat and fatigue, but never anything full-blown enough to keep me from my shows. I had my last one of 5 this year last Friday, and I'm so relieved they're over. It seems like my body wants to wait until I can slow down before I can get sick. Oh, well.

Jenn, your cookbook idea sounds awesome! You should sell them through your blog, too, I know I'd definitely like to have one. I'm sure it's beautiful, too, with all your skillz. Sorry about your family not caring enough to try to understand your celiac condition. That has to be frustrating after all these years.

Hi, CH!

Today is the end of an eternal week marked with plenty of suck. I still really hate my job, and got to bitch about it to my supervisor and one of the directors this morning, who are doing not a damn thing about it. But I'm putting in my application for a promotion today, so hopefully in a couple months I'll either have something like my old job back or I'll have a totally new job. I got all my Xmas shopping done by Monday, which was good, and didn't spend as much as I usually do, because I was pretty firm with the giant about making him buy all the gifts from us for his family and I'll do the same for mine.

We looked at engagement rings last weekend, and I found a couple I really liked. One was antique-style with side stones and 2 larger ones on either side of the main diamond, and it had some up the sides on the top, so it was really cool from every angle. Plus, it was part of a set, so I don't have to worry about finding a band that'll work with it. The other ring was pretty similar, just with a more modern feel. It was nice to finally go out and try some on. I asked the giant to wait until well after Xmas, because my cousin just got engaged and I don't want to steal her thunder. So probably within the next couple months I'll have some good news to report.

On the downside, my grandpa died this morning. I guess he was in a hospital and had stopped eating a couple days ago, and he died in his sleep. I'm still here at work. I figured, since I'm already here and am taking next Monday and Tuesday off, and probably also Wednesday, I should just try to stick it out. There's nothing I can do, and it's not exactly tragic, so I'm moving on. But it's sure going to suck having to go to my grandpa's funeral 2 days before Xmas. I'm really curious to see how things shake out with his estate, since it looks like everyone wants to keep the house in the family, which is what I hope happens. It's on such a beautiful piece of land. It'd be ideal if my uncle and cousin from Egypt moved back to the states and lived in it.

Well, such as life. You've got good days and bad days. This is kind of a bad one.

--------------------
"After all those hours of concentrated effort, I come home pure as the driven snow." -Gidget

+Quote Post

962 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: April 16, 2014 - 07:33 PM