The Lounge Guidelines Help Search Members Calendar Blogs

Welcome Guest [ Log In | Register ] ]

22 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> How do you know a guy is a "good" one...
humanist77
post Jan 12 2010, 07:30 PM
Post #1

belligerently lazy

i offer my deep apologies in advance for this avalanche :P

he's patient with me
he'll eat anything i give him and tell me it's awesome
he knows how to cook and sew and shares these equally with me
he hand-makes most of his gifts to people for any occasion-always art-related : )
he has great credit, even on a tight budget
he has close queer friends
he's comfortable hanging out in a group of my female friends
he's comfortable with romance
he's polite and moralistic but still a hot bad-boy :D
he's very passionate and lives by it everyday.
he comes from a close-knit family of musicians
he talks to each one of his out-of-state immediate family members frequently on the phone and
he gains people's trust easily and genuinely
he's not afraid of emotional sex
he interacts naturally and comfortably with people of all ages
he keeps a to-do list everyday.
he likes cuddling throughout the night
he pays attention to the music I play
he's gotten me back into creating artwork, often collaborating together, after 5 years of no inspiration with my ex
he brushes, flosses, and uses mouth wash twice a day
he doesn't mind if my legs are hairy
he has an unabridged, leather bound collection of Poe-and has read it~
he knows I rarely drink coffee, but I do like it occasionally, and so almost every morning he asks if I'd like some.

sigh...quite literally my better half~

--------------------
I pledge allegiance to and wrap myself in the flag of the United States Against Anything Un-American and to the Republicans for which it stands, two nations, under Jesus, rich against poor, with curtailed liberty and justice for all except blacks, homosexuals, women who want abortions, Communists, welfare queens, treehuggers, feminazis, illegal immigrants, children of illegal immigrants, and you if you don't watch your step.
-Matt Groening, Life in Hell
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
flanker_ji
post Dec 14 2009, 10:46 PM
Post #2

Hardcore BUSTie

My co-workers and I are a tight-knit group, full of out there, in-your-face personalities (school bus drivers). At our Christmas party, my boyfriend was a great sport about being teased by a few and really impressed all the "mothers" of the bunch, and even though he wasn't into dancing that night, he suprised me by grabbing me for a couple slow dances, complete with a little dance floor kissing, then spent time helping to clean up and move tables afterward... he really is a sweetheart. *sigh*

--------------------
"Patience is a virtue, but I don't have the time..."

+Quote Post
humanist77
post Nov 28 2009, 02:57 PM
Post #3

belligerently lazy

he stopped at a fancy grocery store on his way home from work today and got me not one, but two pints of the best chocolate sorbet EVER. Just because.

when I sliced open my finger and bled everywhere whilst cutting onions last week, instead of griping at me like my ex would for not being careful enough, he calmly made me a small, functional bandage. We just moved so the bandaids were MIA.

--------------------
I pledge allegiance to and wrap myself in the flag of the United States Against Anything Un-American and to the Republicans for which it stands, two nations, under Jesus, rich against poor, with curtailed liberty and justice for all except blacks, homosexuals, women who want abortions, Communists, welfare queens, treehuggers, feminazis, illegal immigrants, children of illegal immigrants, and you if you don't watch your step.

+Quote Post
ketto
post Nov 9 2009, 09:48 AM
Post #4

Hardcore BUSTie

Because I'm having a bad, stressed out day, and he refuses to leave to get his coffee and instead holds me for half hour until I feel better and stop crying.

--------------------
Meow.

+Quote Post
girltrouble
post Nov 9 2009, 01:08 AM
Post #5

new highs in personal lows daily!

serious. y'all are sesi too. nothing is hotter than a couple that shares a passion.

--------------------

"what a swell farewell party! we said goodbye to everything, including the lining in my stomach." - garvey, from the film, born bad

"That's one career all females have in common, whether we like it or not: being a woman. Sooner or later, we've got to work at it, no matter how many other careers we've had or wanted." --margo channing, all about eve

+Quote Post
auralpoison
post Nov 8 2009, 02:34 PM
Post #6

Big Fat Bitch

The bass is sexy enough, but add the Doodle powers & I'm surprised the man is still standing!

--------------------
"You're cute, like a velvet glove cast in iron. And like a gas chamber, a real fun gal."

+Quote Post
doodlebug
post Nov 2 2009, 03:54 PM
Post #7

I know it's only rock 'n' roll. But I like it.

He made me an annotated six-string fretboard chart out of a gigantic piece of cardboard, which folds like a sandwich board so I can prop it up anywhere in the house. wub.gif

He thinks it's sexy when I play the electric bass.

--------------------
Check out my band's new demo online! You can DL my original....and please fan up if ya like it!

+Quote Post
auralpoison
post Oct 30 2009, 12:34 PM
Post #8

Big Fat Bitch

Three words: Omaha. Steak. Combo.

--------------------
"You're cute, like a velvet glove cast in iron. And like a gas chamber, a real fun gal."

+Quote Post
nickclick
post Oct 28 2009, 01:22 PM
Post #9

Hardcore BUSTie

flowers, every time he goes to the farmer's market, which is once a week.

+Quote Post
auralpoison
post Oct 26 2009, 01:41 PM
Post #10

Big Fat Bitch

Because the post messed up & you are beginning thirty-five days of thirty-five birthday presents a day early.

--------------------

+Quote Post
snow white
post Oct 14 2009, 07:34 PM
Post #11

Hardcore BUSTie

kudos for the accidental farts one, lol.

when he covers my eyes during the scary parts in horror movies b/c he knows i hate them, lol. i just think it's cute.

b/c we both say "i love you" to each other a million times a day and he never gets sick of it.

b/c he still opens doors for me.

b/c he hangs out in bookstores w/ me even though he could care less (sometimes he even orders a latte, like me smile.gif ) lol

b/c he always cleans my car off in the winter.

b/c he dances with me in public (and not to just slow songs).

b/c he lets me be silly.

b/c he's my partner in crime

i miss my man sad.gif (i'm half way across the country w/out him right now and ready to go home)

--------------------
I'm not loaded, I'm just tired of being nice

+Quote Post
humanist77
post Oct 14 2009, 01:15 AM
Post #12

belligerently lazy

when he rubs my back and then lays for almost an hour with me curled on top of him, passed out after a long day. He's like a warm, bony, breathing body pillow~

when he continues to spoon me throughout the night, even while I've got a hacking cough every 5 minutes.

when he makes a genuine effort to show that he cares. He's not afraid to face difficult situations between us and wants to help them.

--------------------

+Quote Post
lapis
post Oct 13 2009, 10:42 PM
Post #13

Hardcore BUSTie

When he brings over a notebook for your date so you can organize your lives.

+Quote Post
Emmy E
post Oct 13 2009, 09:54 PM
Post #14

If he tells the truth.

--------------------
[size="6"][/size] Emmy E.

+Quote Post
vermilionkiss
post Oct 8 2009, 10:37 PM
Post #15

BUSTie

... when he is outside in the cold, dangling over a wall to get reception, without a shower for 3 weeks, in a warzone... and he still asks about your day, about the kids and the dog. I love my man. smile.gif

+Quote Post
roseviolet
post Sep 30 2009, 10:29 AM
Post #16

Pacifism kicks ass!

When you're curled up in a ball on the couch crying and he moves a pillow so he can sit next to you and hold you. And as he holds you, he reminds you softly that the sky isn't falling & that we can tackle this problem together. Then he goes out & buys your favorite tacos for dinner. Then he stays with you an holds you while you watch nature shows together even though he would probably rather play video games.

+Quote Post
auralpoison
post Sep 29 2009, 07:38 PM
Post #17

Big Fat Bitch

When you call him & act all retarded because the talk in the gen relationship reminds you of how lucky you are to have him & you can actually hear him blush on the phone.

--------------------

+Quote Post
candycane_girl
post Sep 14 2009, 07:58 PM
Post #18

Hardcore BUSTie

When he always emails you after a date to tell you what a great time he had. He keeps sending me these sweet little emails and all I can do is smile.

+Quote Post
humanist77
post Sep 6 2009, 02:41 PM
Post #19

belligerently lazy

when i've heard about all the pretty girls he's dated before me, but ended it because they pressured him for sex he wasn't ready for (with them, specifically). But we shagged on the first date : ) He said it just never felt right with them, but it was completely right with me. Not that he was a virgin before me, but he turned down a lot. What?! I have no reason to doubt him.

when my parents tell me they think he's a real mensch.

when he opens up to me, bares his soul..about..everything. It's a good thing. He's not scared of his feelings.

when I often ask "what would D do?" in moral situations. He makes me a better person.

--------------------

+Quote Post
echolalia
post Sep 5 2009, 02:06 AM
Post #20

Content redacted due to sobriety. But he's still a good one.

+Quote Post

22 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: July 31, 2014 - 06:19 AM