Welcome Guest [ Log In | Register ] ]

24 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> ~*How do YOU wear you Hair*~
epinephrine
post Aug 21 2010, 01:42 AM
Post #1

Hardcore BUSTie

Thanks, sybarite! No, it's not my natural colour - my natural colour is a very boring, mousey, dirty blonde. I went brunette last year and never looked back. It suits me way better than blonde. I think I'd recently dyed my hair in those pics and it came out way darker than I wanted, but after many washes and lots of sun exposure it's faded to a nice chestnut colour. My favourite dye so far is Pecan by Garnier. The box describes it as a "dark ash mahogany brown," and it's really nice and rich and natural-looking. I'll be dying it again this week.

I'm also due for another haircut and I'm debating whether or not to get the blunt bangs again or to grow them back out into swoop bangs. I'm leaning toward the swoop bangs becasue they were lower maintenance, but I have grown to quite like the blunt bangs. I got tons of compliments on this cut, too, which always helps! I guess I'll just show my hairstylist a bunch of pics of cuts I liked and let her use her discretion. She's got good taste, she always does a great job.

--------------------
To be free one must give up a little part of oneself.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
sybarite
post Aug 20 2010, 09:13 AM
Post #2

it's cards on the table time

Totally Louise Brooks! That's a great cut on you epinephrine; it is severe but I think it works well with your face--and the red lipstick! Is that your natural colour?

+Quote Post
epinephrine
post Aug 19 2010, 09:17 PM
Post #3

Hardcore BUSTie

I suck and I haven't got any pics of the bob to post yet. I've forgotten the password to my photobucket account, which uses an old email address I've also forgotten the password to, and I don't really like posting pics on FB or linking them to sites which are available to the general public. I should just get a new account on Flickr or Photobucket. Oh well.

In the meantime, my bob's grown out a bit and I've recently procured a tiny little curling iron, so I can make an adorable curly bob! I've never curled my hair in my life so I'm a bit anxious about it. Just found this great tutorial. I shall report on the results!

ETA: I finally created that new Photobucket account, so here's a front and profile shot of my new bob as of nearly two months ago. Looking considerably less sharp now, but still not bad. I kinda felt like it made my features look a little harsh, though - I had a really hard time taking a pic that didn't make me look like I was frowning. The bangs really accentuated my brows.

--------------------

+Quote Post
epinephrine
post Jun 23 2010, 12:21 PM
Post #4

Hardcore BUSTie

Got my hair cut into a proper bob yesterday, nice and curved in the back, angled slightly down, with blunt bangs to just above my eyebrows. I'll post pics when I get the chance. I'm a little ambivalent about the bangs - they're quite bold and finicky to style. They don't stand up too well to wind and wear - they get crooked easily and look really weird when they separate. It's pretty cute when it behaves, though. Maybe I'm just a little freaked by the change - I haven't had bangs since I was a little kid.

--------------------

+Quote Post
mandolyn
post Jun 2 2010, 11:51 AM
Post #5

Hardcore BUSTie

omg, how could i have not known about mopshots?! best.site.eva! thank you!

my hair's inbetween a pixie and a bob ... sort of louise brooks-y. but the "chemo curls" are driving me insane. my sister styled it for me effortlessly, and it looked decent ... but i try, and it's a horror story. seriously, every curl curls UP no matter what i do. (think bozo the clown.) i'm tempted to go really short again, but i know if i can just make it past this awkward stage, the curls will become more weighed down and might someday look purdy. (or at least, not horrific.)

so i'm obsessing and trying every straightening product i can find. i also just sucked it up and bought a sedu flat iron. but it's only june 2nd and it's already HUMID. gawd, how i loathe humidity.

--------------------
"... what i want is what i've not got
and what i need is all around me."

+Quote Post
epinephrine
post May 31 2010, 02:24 PM
Post #6

Hardcore BUSTie

I don't have any first-hand experience with either henna (as a hair dye, anyway) or grey hair, but I do know from friends who've used it that henna is extremely stubborn and once it's in, it's in. It can't be bleached out or dyed over. And the colour is wonderfully rich and natural. I think I'll try it myself next time I need to dye my hair.

I'm due for a cut soon, and I've been surfing Mopshots for inspiration. I've got a very round face, and I've discovered that the best way to flatter it is actually to play it up with a cute bob. Here are a few cuts I liked:

This one is basically a cleaned-up blunt version of what I've got now, which evolved out of a cut similar to this pixie. I can really rock the swoop bangs, but I'm wondering if it's time to try out blunt bangs for a change. I'm contemplating the Louise Brooks look, maybe angled/layered downward from the back (kind of like this) for a bit of a modern edge and a little more versatility.

Dig the heart-shaped bangs in this one, and the peek-a-boo highlights in this one.

This curly pixie-bob is so damn cute I just wanna grab this girl and squeeze her. My hair is naturally straight, though, and I'm strictly low-maintenance, so I doubt it shall ever come to pass. Maybe for a special occasion.

Rihanna is rocking some pretty sweet hair these days, too. There's even a blog about her hairstyles, with all her cute pixies and bobs. That girl has style.

--------------------

+Quote Post
jsmith
post Jan 26 2010, 09:20 PM
Post #7

It's Calamity Jenn

I don't have any experience with dye resistant hair and synthetic dyes.. but you might try clarifying your hair really well before you put the dye on.
I have a few silvers, but I use henna to color my hair. What color do you dye your hair?

--------------------
Shake off all the fears of servile prejudices, under which weak minds are serviley crouched. Fix reason firmly in her seat, and call on her tribunal for every fact, every opinion. Question with boldness even the existence of a God, because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blind faith. Thomas Jefferson

+Quote Post
zoya
post Jan 26 2010, 02:59 PM
Post #8

uh huh.

Help!!! I have had grey hair since I was 22 - no big deal, just kept dyeing the roots (my hair grows like a weed, so I have to do it like every 2 weeks, but no biggie) all of a sudden, in the last couple months, my grey hairs have become completely resistant to color. they look ok when they're first dyed, but it's like the color is just depositing on them and not sticking. With the first shampoo, it just comes right off. I've gone to my friend who is a hair stylist, and she's not helping. She's done the exact same thing that I've done at home - use a bit darker color, leave it on longer (like over an hour), use heat on it... so of course nothing works, and I don't want to bitch about it to her, since she's my friend. Does anyone have any experience with dye resistant hair? What did you do to get the color to stick? Don't even suggest just letting the grey come in. I am WAY too young to have grey hair, and i have no desire to have silver streaks in it, no matter how trendy platinum blonde is right now. ARGH!!!!! it's horrible!!

+Quote Post
foryoursplendor
post Dec 7 2009, 10:58 PM
Post #9

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(MadameHooch @ Oct 20 2009, 12:07 AM) *
Red hair with dark brown eyes and fair skin: can it work?

I'm a natural red head, with fair skin and dark brown eyes (though I wear green contacts) and its pretty fabulous.

Errmm, so I'm in the process of growing out my bangs... which is never fun. Any suggestions on what to do to help this awkward stage in hair growth would be much appreciated. I feel like I look like a lhasa apso.

+Quote Post
jsmith
post Nov 27 2009, 01:02 PM
Post #10

It's Calamity Jenn

QUOTE(MadameHooch @ Oct 19 2009, 10:07 PM) *
I feel like channeling my inner red-head, but am wary.

Henna is good for making your hair red, if it's light to begin with, and if you want something per.ma.nent.
I've seen some redheads with fair skin and dark brown eyes (fair skin goes good no matter what - I have fair skin and green eyes), and it looks just fine to me.

--------------------
Shake off all the fears of servile prejudices, under which weak minds are serviley crouched. Fix reason firmly in her seat, and call on her tribunal for every fact, every opinion. Question with boldness even the existence of a God, because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blind faith. Thomas Jefferson

+Quote Post
treehugger
post Oct 29 2009, 12:40 AM
Post #11

cryostat bitch

So, I love, love, love my new haircut! I emailed my stylist and gave her a heads up about three days ago that I was thinking of a drastic change-going quite a bit shorter. (wanted to give her a couple days to think about what would work.) I trust her implicitly, so I told her to just do what she wanted and to have fun.

OMG. It's sooo cute and it's going to be so easy to take care of.

I wub.gif Julie.

--------------------
To block Steve's latest incarnation, Click Here.

+Quote Post
treehugger
post Oct 20 2009, 05:39 PM
Post #12

cryostat bitch

QUOTE(MadameHooch @ Oct 19 2009, 11:07 PM) *

I had fire engine red hair with fair skin and dark brown eyes. I think it looked pretty good, though. It got to be hard to maintain, so I let it pretty much fade out, but will be going back to the red hair at the end of the month.

--------------------

+Quote Post
MissB
post Oct 20 2009, 12:22 AM
Post #13

BUSTie

My biggest hair-style dream is finally achieved, I have a very cute pixie cut going on but knowing that product goes flat in my hair very fast, I leave it as it dries. But luckily my hair in the back is layered and stacked, it manages to create volume back there. And on the day i got cut I was lucky enough to get 20 % off a coloring job, I got deep red velvet low lights.

--------------------
"When she lowers her eyes she seems to hold all the beauty in the world between her eyelids; when she raises them I see only myself in her gaze." - Natalie Clifford Barney

"I love you for being weak and caressing in my arms..." - Renee Vivien

+Quote Post
MadameHooch
post Oct 19 2009, 11:07 PM
Post #14

BUSTie

+Quote Post
treehugger
post Oct 14 2009, 02:57 AM
Post #15

cryostat bitch

I've actually been thinking about getting a pixie cut lately too, but like you I'm not sure if I'll actually go through with it. My hair just seems to be getting so unruly lately. Styling products just make it worse-it honestly looks best with nothing in it, which means it doesn't stay in place very long. Blah.

--------------------

+Quote Post
bottleblack
post Oct 14 2009, 01:54 AM
Post #16

BUSTie

Does anyone have/had a pixie cut?? I have been dreaming of them the last month or so but doubt I would ever have the guts or gusto to go through with it. I love the short look ala winona ryder in Girl Interrupted.

+Quote Post
freckleface7
post Oct 7 2009, 04:32 PM
Post #17

beachcomber

LOVE my hair. wub.gif

it's a slight above chin round swingy bob, in light copper & blond .
my stylist & I had a few crossing words,but in the end the results, while not remotely natural, are fabulous!!

I feel tre's sexi wink.gif

--------------------
I'm gonna let it shine

+Quote Post
circledot
post Oct 7 2009, 12:37 AM
Post #18

QUOTE(kari @ Aug 31 2009, 08:26 AM) *
Hi, ladies!

I am considering coloring my hair @ home for the first time. Any words of wisdom?

This is pretty basic advice, but:
Don't wear anything or use any towel that cannot get stained, because, inevitably, a drop or two goes astray. That includes bathroom rugs.
Also, if you have thick hair like me, make sure that you really saturate your hair with the dye. The first time I did it I didn't use enough and you could tell. Now (I have longish hair), I use the entire bottle. Other than that I find the directions in the box to be pretty thorough.
Are you trying a new color or something close to what you already have? smile.gif

+Quote Post
freckleface7
post Oct 6 2009, 06:23 PM
Post #19

beachcomber

tree-
have you tried googling "sexy red haircuts" yet?
I saw quite a few when I was looking for styles, but nothing that jumps out in my head right now.
- maybe a sexy boy cut pixie? w/ wispy sideburns & fringey bangs? looove that cut!

the perm is a no go as my Mom (while she was here) veto'd it as disasterous on my straight & resistant hair and she's right; I'd have been there til midnight & still have a spot or 2 that doesn't take curl. so, tom I am hoping to re gain my lovely light copper color that rocks my pale freckly skintone, but I'm also highly thinking of some sort of crazi platinum high lites as well.
.. I just really feel like doing something rather extreme as I am bored bored bored w/ my hair.

good luck tree!

--------------------
I'm gonna let it shine

+Quote Post
treehugger
post Oct 6 2009, 05:51 PM
Post #20

cryostat bitch

sooo, I'm ready for a change. I have weird hair, the top layer of it is pretty curly, but everything lower is fairly straight. I'm thinking about cutting it pretty short (I have sort of layered shoulder length and it's just kind of unruly and gets windblown and since the top layer is curly, it always looks like there's a fine frizz layer over the top. I want something a little less unruly, but still sexy and feminine. I have an oval face, so no weird face shape issues. Going to go back to the fire engine red, and wondering if anybody knows any SHORT, by short, I mean, quite short, over the ears short, cut that would work????

Oh, and I want to look sizzling HOT, too.

Like this one.

or this one

this one's cute...

But my dang curly hair keeps throwing a wrench in the works-I don't want to spend an hour on my hair every morning. sad.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

24 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: September 23, 2014 - 02:04 PM