Welcome Guest [ Log In | Register ] ]

24 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Don't hate me because I'm beautiful
auralpoison
post Nov 23 2009, 01:20 AM
Post #61

Big Fat Bitch

No problem, I'm all about sharing the wealth! Cod knows I've learned a lot from all of you!

Y'know, I don't subscribe to day/night lips. While the colour of my own natural mouth is a nice blush (I get asked what lipstick I'm wearing frequently), I prefer bold colour even during the day. I wouldn't go with a smoky eye or anything Beth Ditto during the day, but a strong red lip is classic to me at all times. Go for it, Raisin!

--------------------
"You're cute, like a velvet glove cast in iron. And like a gas chamber, a real fun gal."
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
raisingirl
post Nov 22 2009, 06:39 PM
Post #62

PANTIES! ew.

AP, massively huge thanks to you (I read back a few pages in the archives) for the CG lipstain recommendation, and to RV backing you up. I tried that wild berry one and it is the puuuuuuuuuuuuuurfect shade of red for my olive-y skin. I had to hold myself back from smooching the mirror, srsly. I never would have tried it in the store just from the looks of it, so thanks a million for the rec. It might be too much for me to wear every day during the day, but fuck it, I might just go with the inappropriateness of it and make it my signature lipcolor because I love it that much. hee!

+Quote Post
auralpoison
post Nov 22 2009, 09:36 AM
Post #63

Big Fat Bitch

Y'know, that's one of the handful of legit tricks I ever learned from standard lady magazines. Most lash brushes take on too much mascara so it applies clumpy. Of course, this means that you're wasting money because you're wiping away half the damn product, but what are ya gonna do?

--------------------
"You're cute, like a velvet glove cast in iron. And like a gas chamber, a real fun gal."

+Quote Post
spot-on
post Nov 21 2009, 12:36 PM
Post #64

Hardcore BUSTie

AP thanks! That worked a treat! Musta just been the brush gunk, seems fine now smile.gif Never had to do that before, odd

+Quote Post
spot-on
post Nov 19 2009, 02:03 PM
Post #65

Hardcore BUSTie

I'll try that AP. I mean I didn't expect miracles for $1 so no biggie

+Quote Post
auralpoison
post Nov 18 2009, 01:07 AM
Post #66

Big Fat Bitch

Did ya squeegee the e.l.f. mascara? Once I gave it a de-clumpifying once over with a papertowel (I do this with all mascaras, I don't have particularly lush lashes & tend towards clumpiness.) I found it suitable. Not great, but okay.

--------------------

+Quote Post
spot-on
post Nov 18 2009, 12:29 AM
Post #67

Hardcore BUSTie

Well I found ELF at Target and bought a mascara for $1 to try. Not allergic to it (YAY) but the mascara itself is absolutely crap. Very clumpy and not good at all. Wouldn't recommend it. I did get a liquid eyeliner and that was fine though.

Actually found a list of companies that Peta approves and was glad to see Clinique on there. I used to use their stuff YEARS ago and LOVE their mascara. Might see what they have on offer over the holidays smile.gif

+Quote Post
spot-on
post Nov 9 2009, 03:05 PM
Post #68

Hardcore BUSTie

Oooh good to know! We have a Seph in the local mall so I will check them out when I am there next (maybe Dec) Thanks AP!

QUOTE(auralpoison @ Nov 8 2009, 04:58 PM) *
Duh. I'm such a goon to have forgotten this, but Sephora does tag all of it's natural cosmetics. You should check them out on your search, Spot-on.

+Quote Post
auralpoison
post Nov 8 2009, 07:58 PM
Post #69

Big Fat Bitch

Duh. I'm such a goon to have forgotten this, but Sephora does tag all of it's natural cosmetics. You should check them out on your search, Spot-on.

--------------------

+Quote Post
evadestruction
post Nov 2 2009, 09:23 PM
Post #70

these are all the people that do great make-up tutorials on youtube i subscribe to them all. each of them are fab in their own unique way. for the love of everything holy go check them out.
panacea81
petrilude
xxsgtigressxx
geisha1254
monroemisfitmakeup

+Quote Post
spot-on
post Nov 1 2009, 03:50 PM
Post #71

Hardcore BUSTie

good to know! thanks AP!

+Quote Post
auralpoison
post Oct 31 2009, 07:16 PM
Post #72

Big Fat Bitch

If you're gonna buy e.l.f., buy it from Target or Drugstore.com, do not buy from their website. They are fuckwits. The lip products are good, the mascara & the kohl liner, too. Everything else is shite, especially the eyeshadows.

--------------------

+Quote Post
spot-on
post Oct 31 2009, 10:48 AM
Post #73

Hardcore BUSTie

Has anyone tried ELF cosmetics? Friend of mine said she bought some from Target, the site and literature says they don't test on animals or contain animal ingredients. The site says they are hypoallergenic etc. BUT they are only $1 a piece, and I wonder about the quality.

+Quote Post
culturehandy
post Oct 28 2009, 09:27 AM
Post #74

(o)(o)

I bought myself some Biotherm foundation. Shit is awesome!!! I'm not a foundation wearer, but I do use tinted moisturizer by Clarins. Well, both products are the same consistency, and the foundation did not wear off, by the end of the day, it looked like I had just put my make up on.

And it's pretty reasonably priced, too. definately a product I'll be purchasing again.

--------------------
Hatred does not cease in this world by hating, but by not hating; this is an eternal truth. --- Buddah, The Dhammapada

+Quote Post
auralpoison
post Oct 20 2009, 07:18 PM
Post #75

Big Fat Bitch

I got a sample of Bare Escentuals Buxom Lips lipgloss today. Not bad. Weirdly tingly. Not tacky. I'd say it's a win so far.

--------------------

+Quote Post
spot-on
post Oct 17 2009, 12:06 PM
Post #76

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(auralpoison @ Oct 17 2009, 04:44 AM) *
Lush promo: Enter promo code E09GIFTS10 at checkout and save 10% off your wrapped gift purchases. Orders must be placed by 11:59 pm (Pacific Time) November 1st, 2009 to qualify for discount.

I think I bought the Ecco & the Zuzu at my local Whole Foods back home, the BE at their shop, & I ordered the Medusa online.

Lush has a really great vegan makeup line, but it's only available in the UK, Japan, & Austria. Bastards.

Urban Decay isn't 100% vegan, but they can provide you with a list of which products they do carry are.

Ooooh we have a whole foods in the next city over, maybe next time I'm over there I'll pop in and see what they have. The only 'natural' place we have here is the body shop. Since they got bought out by L'oreal I've been reluctant to go since L'oreal products have always made my skin break out into a dry horrible red raw mess. I dunno if they've changed ingredients or anything since the buy out, but I just don't like L'oreal since they used to test on animals. Thanks for the info!

+Quote Post
auralpoison
post Oct 17 2009, 06:44 AM
Post #77

Big Fat Bitch

Lush promo: Enter promo code E09GIFTS10 at checkout and save 10% off your wrapped gift purchases. Orders must be placed by 11:59 pm (Pacific Time) November 1st, 2009 to qualify for discount.

I think I bought the Ecco & the Zuzu at my local Whole Foods back home, the BE at their shop, & I ordered the Medusa online.

Lush has a really great vegan makeup line, but it's only available in the UK, Japan, & Austria. Bastards.

Urban Decay isn't 100% vegan, but they can provide you with a list of which products they do carry are.

--------------------

+Quote Post
spot-on
post Oct 16 2009, 12:49 PM
Post #78

Hardcore BUSTie

yep auralpoison that's been the problem, not having them local. And like you I have sensitive eyes, esp to mascara. I'm looking mostly for eye makeup and lipglosses. My other issue is they have to be hard wearing and not slide off, which has been an issue with some brands

+Quote Post
auralpoison
post Oct 15 2009, 06:07 PM
Post #79

Big Fat Bitch

I've tried products from Medusa (PETA approved!), Ecco Bella, Zuzu Luxe, & Bare Escentuals & I think all four meet your criteria. I've only used their eye stuff (shadows, liquid liners, mascara, Medusa eye dust=AWESOME), though cos my eyes can be sensitive. It all seemed pretty non-irritating, but I found the mascara lacking. The main downside is that the stuff is expensive as hell & isn't available at your local store.

--------------------

+Quote Post
spot-on
post Oct 14 2009, 06:50 PM
Post #80

Hardcore BUSTie

Can anyone recommend a good brand of cosmetics? I need something hypoallergenic (esp near eyes) and definitely something containing no animal ingredients or tested on animals. Personal recommendations/experiences preferred otherwise I'd just google smile.gif

+Quote Post

24 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: October 24, 2014 - 10:07 AM