Welcome Guest [ Log In | Register ] ]

25 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Buffyverse - all things buffy, angel-y and whedon-y
sybarite
post Dec 11 2009, 06:15 AM
Post #1

it's cards on the table time

OMG, the new episode is amazing! Actually worth waiting a month for: we're back to a long-term story and away from silly engagement scenarios. Great developments and some growing questions around Adele's loyalty. Also: Summer Glau, with bells on. She's the female Topher and it is awesome (if scary).
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
crazyoldcatlady
post Nov 13 2009, 05:56 PM
Post #2

the moistiest

yeaaaaaaaaaaaah... not unexpected. well, at least we have some summer glau to look forward to...

+Quote Post
kittenb
post Nov 13 2009, 02:00 PM
Post #3

There is nothing ironic about Show Choir!

Yup, I heard. wacko.gif So annoying but the raytings were abysmal this year.

--------------------
In times of destruction, create something.
MHK

+Quote Post
auralpoison
post Nov 12 2009, 05:17 PM
Post #4

Big Fat Bitch

For anybody that doesn't know, Dollhouse has gotten the axe. They are shooting the eleventh episode right now, it looks like Fox is going to let them complete the thirteen run cycle & *will* air the remaining eps.

--------------------
"You're cute, like a velvet glove cast in iron. And like a gas chamber, a real fun gal."

+Quote Post
crazyoldcatlady
post Oct 25 2009, 11:26 AM
Post #5

the moistiest

ah, finally watched ep. 4.

DAMMIT! why do i have to sit through 3 terrible episodes for the fucking awesome ones? that was right on. sierra really got to shine. the whole cast, actually, continues to amaze me. (except eliza, and the dude who plays ballard is getting old fast, too).

ratio for dollhouse success = 10:1 ratio of whole cast to eliza screen time.

okay, i'll stop shitting on her now, but star, i think it's eliza's lack of range as opposed to her not getting good material to show off her chops. every doll she's played has had zero nuance. hell, she's the best when she's NOT an active, and just mindlessly roaming the dollhouse...

random side note: holy hell, topher has a BODY. did you see that shit in the last few scenes where he was wearing a tight shirt? who knew?!

+Quote Post
girltrouble
post Oct 24 2009, 07:07 PM
Post #6

new highs in personal lows daily!

i'm with you, cat lady. i was crushing on her from day one. curvy=awesome.

--------------------

"what a swell farewell party! we said goodbye to everything, including the lining in my stomach." - garvey, from the film, born bad

"That's one career all females have in common, whether we like it or not: being a woman. Sooner or later, we've got to work at it, no matter how many other careers we've had or wanted." --margo channing, all about eve

+Quote Post
crazyoldcatlady
post Oct 24 2009, 05:54 PM
Post #7

the moistiest

i was a few ep's behind and finally caught up online the other day (yay for hulu).

two random thoughts:

1. has anyone ever seen a female handler??

2. glad mellie came back around. since they took her out of those dowdy clothes you can really see what a great curvy figure she has. and i'm not talking beyonce-size-six curvy. honest to goodness va va voom. :::silently prays mellie will snap eliza and take over:::

i'll be back when i watch ep 4...

+Quote Post
sybarite
post Oct 24 2009, 03:11 PM
Post #8

Episode 4 and we're back to the awesomeness of S01 at its best. Best episode since the apocalyptic one.

I feel like the show is working on two levels: the individual engagements (and whatever wardrobe opportunities they give Dushku) and the larger plot movement to what we saw in the 2019 epi. Certainly this epi provided another bit of exposition towards that scenario.

Argh! Once again I can't seem to get the spoiler function to work! I'll just say this was quite an emotional episode and well as kicking ass.

+Quote Post
stargazer
post Oct 11 2009, 10:08 AM
Post #9

brown delicious

Syb, I agree that this season seems to improve with each epi. I wish Ballard didn't become her handler so soon. I wish they would've kept her Echo's original handler for part of this season (I forget the character's name). I would like to see more tension built up between Echo and Ballard. Like you, it just seems like Ballard's obsessed with Echo at this point.

I mentioned to my mom (we watch the show together) about cocl's disappointment with Dushku's acting...we both agree that she is a doll and her characters are pretty one dimensional. Not sure how much is her or the character. I'm looking forward to see how Sierra became a doll in next week's epi.

I did love the scene where Victor was in the club and the doll character of Kiki took over him. Funniest scene of the season so far! I didn't know he had it in him to dance like that! tongue.gif

--------------------
"I'm not impressed easily. Wow! A blue car!"-Homer Simpson

+Quote Post
sybarite
post Oct 11 2009, 07:18 AM
Post #10

I am enjoying the second season of DH so far, although I too watch it for everyone except Eliza Dushku. I had such a crush on her as Faith but she just can't carry a show, even when she's the producer. I am curious to see if they will explain further why Paul is drawn to Caroline, although by the time they do I may have stopped caring...

I am very curious about how they're going to bring back Claire.

I am bemused to see Whedon ransacking the BSG universe for cast members. Col. Tigh shows up in epi 3.

...and I've just tried to use the Spoiler option and, yet again, the lounge won't let me. Wtf? Anyone else getting this?

+Quote Post
crazyoldcatlady
post Sep 27 2009, 03:22 PM
Post #11

the moistiest

...of course acker/topher was the highlight smile.gif

i suppose i *was* expecting something better, since the unreleased episode was balls out. but this one visually just looked like the show was on a budget, the plot was a whole stew of WTF, and jesus god, someone get eliza dushku some acting lessons. i've come to accept that i watch the show for everyone BUT her, and alas, she had the most screen time.

it was fun watching it the context of the the unreleased episode, especially boyd and whiskey/claire....

+Quote Post
girltrouble
post Sep 26 2009, 07:55 PM
Post #12

new highs in personal lows daily!

whew! i came in here to ask how many eps of dollhouse i'd missed when i stumbled across the last 10 minutes last night. thanks busties!!

--------------------

"what a swell farewell party! we said goodbye to everything, including the lining in my stomach." - garvey, from the film, born bad

"That's one career all females have in common, whether we like it or not: being a woman. Sooner or later, we've got to work at it, no matter how many other careers we've had or wanted." --margo channing, all about eve

+Quote Post
sybarite
post Sep 26 2009, 02:48 PM
Post #13

I liked the premiere (especially Jamie Bamber as a london wide boy arms dealer--nice). I liked the way they showed not just the unravelling of poor Dr Saunders, but of Echo, and even the beginnings in Topher, as well. To me it foregrounded a lot of the behaviour in E13, and the press conference introduces some good content to come too.

I think Saunders/Whiskey will be back; she's getting more interesting.
I thought it set up the season well, and was far much less of a compromise to Fox than, say, the first 4-5 epis of season 1.

+Quote Post
stargazer
post Sep 26 2009, 10:35 AM
Post #14

brown delicious

QUOTE(crazyoldcatlady @ Sep 26 2009, 05:34 AM) *
and also, the episode sucked balls.

Well aren't we rather cranky. wink.gif

I think I told myself not to expect an exciting episode. I was remembering last season and how people said that Whedon has a tendency to pick up after a couple of episodes. I did like how they explained Saunders being made into a doctor. Amy Acker did a spectacular job of portraying her as this unraveling, scared woman. So, when they showed her driving, was she just able to step away or was she leaving Dollhouse for good?

--------------------
"I'm not impressed easily. Wow! A blue car!"-Homer Simpson

+Quote Post
crazyoldcatlady
post Sep 26 2009, 05:34 AM
Post #15

the moistiest

anyone watch the dollhouse season premiere?

dewitt's new hair has to go.

and also, the episode sucked balls.

+Quote Post
kittenb
post Sep 2 2009, 09:56 PM
Post #16

There is nothing ironic about Show Choir!

The Geek and I decided that the unoffical title for the 13th episode is Dollhouse: WTF Dude?

I can't see to get the spoiler box activated so I am going to write in white for my spoilers: I do not think that season 2 has to be influenced by the unaired epsiode as much as the next seasons have to indicate that that horrible reality is a possible result of Dollhouse tech. As people said a few times, "Fantasy is the Dollhouse's business but it is not their mission." Clearly the mission was to allow rich people to steal young and healthy bodies. We have already seen signs of that possibility. And the tech could destroy civilization as we know it. Again, this is mentioned in the first season when Adelle says something about how she does not see herself leading to the fall of society.
I don't think the furture is set in the Dollhouse-verse. However, I do think that shades of this impending evil should keep popping up.
Another point, Topher blew me away in the 13th episode!!! Loved him and Adelle when they were in the pod while he had his break down. Great writing and acting and it showed a sign of Adelle that we didn't always get to see.

Good stuff!

--------------------
In times of destruction, create something.
MHK

+Quote Post
sybarite
post Sep 2 2009, 12:07 PM
Post #17

Oh, me too!

+Quote Post
Persiflager
post Sep 1 2009, 01:49 PM
Post #18

Hardcore BUSTie

I'm a dappy romantic, and want to believe that Sierra and Victor will fall in love, and their love will triumph over all! rolleyes.gif

--------------------
“Logic is the art of going wrong with confidence.”
Morris Kline (mathematician, author) 1908-1992

+Quote Post
sybarite
post Sep 1 2009, 01:23 PM
Post #19

It could certainly be argued that epi13 isn't integral to season 1 for several reasons (its timeline for starters). I think the assumption (by Fox/US TV)will be that most people watching season 2 haven't seen epi 13. At the same time, JW is hugely conscious of his fanbase and fan behaviours, so in developing the storyline for S2 he could slip in the odd reference or hint.

I think I agree that JW will work with the probabilities of that scenario occurring rather than anything more overt. I think I'll see S2 as more pedestrian compared to E13 though, at least at first...

+Quote Post
sassygrrl
post Sep 1 2009, 11:01 AM
Post #20

sassygrrl

I wore my first Serenity/Firefly shirt this weekend that was a Wash reference to dinosaurs. I thought it was appropriate considering we were heading to a science museum with a dinosaur exhibit. It's from the pilot episode when he says "Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal" and it's a t-rex and stegosaurus. smile.gif I had fun explaining the show.

Still need to rent Dollhouse, as I haven't seen more than the first episode. Oh, The Guild is coming back on tonight online. I'm just stoked about Dragoncon's Browncoat meetup.

+Quote Post

25 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: September 16, 2014 - 11:55 AM