Welcome Guest [ Log In | Register ] ]

75 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> !@#$%&* Annoying Ads
auralpoison
post Aug 4 2010, 04:31 PM
Post #1

Big Fat Bitch

I don't know what the ad is for, insurance or something, but it's a lady & a kid & a pig in a minivan. The pig is hanging half out the front passenger window clutching pinwheels in his little cloven hooves & he is squealing, "Wheeeee! Wheee wheee wheeeee!" all the way home. The lady & the kid look like they want to shove the pig out of the window. I do not know why, but the pig strikes me as being strangely amusing, as does the lady's exasperation with said pig. Huh.

--------------------
"You're cute, like a velvet glove cast in iron. And like a gas chamber, a real fun gal."
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
snow white
post Jul 14 2010, 10:54 AM
Post #2

Hardcore BUSTie

ditto on the hamster ads, the song is annoying and the hamsters are stupid.

lately i've been seeing this psa type commercial for whooping cough and it's about thirty seconds of non-stop baby coughing. REALLLLY ANNOYING, though i suppose informative...

but i love the stella artois (sp?) commercial where the guy turns on the radio and it narrarates what the glass is doing, i think it's so cute.

--------------------
I'm not loaded, I'm just tired of being nice

+Quote Post
vibrator
post Jul 10 2010, 07:30 AM
Post #3

BUSTie

Adds for losing weight I can't stand, half of those ads are just designed to get your money and add no real value for most people.

--------------------

+Quote Post
auralpoison
post Jun 22 2010, 09:12 PM
Post #4

Big Fat Bitch

Three women are in a man's office with a laptop while he is out of the room. His wife calls & leaves a message on his answering machine about the Trojan vibrator blahblahblah, so the women look it up on line to see if the vibe really has the goods. Of course, the oldest lady touts the finger massager while the others tut tut like, "Oh, you sly old girl!" The guy comes back into his office & the ladies titter.

First, this is a corporate environment. WHY does the guy have a regular old school phone with an answering machine? He'd more likely have something like a Nortel business phone & VM. Second, why is his wife leaving that kind of personal message at work? Innappropriate! Third, WHY IS IT THAT WOMEN ARE ALMOST ALWAYS PORTRAYED AS BEING INCAPABLE/UNEDUCATED IN THE WAYS OF SEXUAL ELECTRONICS? Yeah, I know plenty of women that are creeped out by sex shops, but isn't that why they invented the web? But, no, they learn about the Trojan vibratpr by "snooping" in a man's office. And why are the two women sort of shaming the other for having some knowledge?

--------------------
"You're cute, like a velvet glove cast in iron. And like a gas chamber, a real fun gal."

+Quote Post
auralpoison
post Jun 6 2010, 05:44 AM
Post #5

Big Fat Bitch

"Urban" Hamsters performing the Black Sheep in some kind of car ad. "You can get with this or you can get with that". You are glorified rats. Stay away from the Black Sheep.

--------------------

+Quote Post
auralpoison
post May 27 2010, 10:51 AM
Post #6

Big Fat Bitch

I am completely creeped out by the CocoRosie ad on Bust. Women with facial hair don't creep me out per se, but the one on the right's "facial hair" looks more like she hurled blue candyfloss & some stuck to her face.

--------------------

+Quote Post
kittenb
post May 19 2010, 03:50 PM
Post #7

There is nothing ironic about Show Choir!

My questions: the tp isn't that far away, why doesn't he get it himself? And who doesn't keep at least a roll or two of tp in the head?

That was exactly what I said when i saw that ad.

--------------------
In times of destruction, create something.
MHK

+Quote Post
epinephrine
post May 15 2010, 11:16 AM
Post #8

Hardcore BUSTie

That ad for Ensure nutritional shake drives me absolutely up the wall. It's like playing that game where you repeat a word over and over again till it loses all meaning, only with smarmy ad-people smiling at you the whole time. That ad could be used for psychological torture, like the Sesame Street song at Guantanamo Bay.

--------------------
To be free one must give up a little part of oneself.

+Quote Post
auralpoison
post May 14 2010, 07:41 PM
Post #9

Big Fat Bitch

Some ad for toilet paper, Cottonelle, I think. Man leans out of bathroom & asks somebody off camera to toss him some tp, it gets hucked at him & shaves part of his hair off because it's too rough. Man again leans out of bathroom & asks somebody off camera to toss him some tp, it gets hucked at him & it blows up because it's too . . . explosive, apparently. Man again leans out of bathroom & asks somebody off camera to toss him some tp, it gets hucked at him & it's okay because it's the brand in the commercial & it's juuuuust riiiiight. My questions: the tp isn't that far away, why doesn't he get it himself? And who doesn't keep at least a roll or two of tp in the head? I keep mine discretely on top of the cabinet, you don't even see it unless you look for it.

--------------------

+Quote Post
auralpoison
post Apr 18 2010, 08:07 AM
Post #10

Big Fat Bitch

Um, yeah. I totally think that anybody that isn't a hipster douchebag is supposed to hate those parents.

--------------------

+Quote Post
missladyj
post Apr 18 2010, 05:44 AM
Post #11

Hardcore BUSTie

the Toyota sienna ads suck. Am I supposed to hate those parents. Because I do.

+Quote Post
jsmith
post Apr 17 2010, 10:11 PM
Post #12

It's Calamity Jenn

I don't like those Zappos puppet commercials. They're creepy.

--------------------
Shake off all the fears of servile prejudices, under which weak minds are serviley crouched. Fix reason firmly in her seat, and call on her tribunal for every fact, every opinion. Question with boldness even the existence of a God, because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blind faith. Thomas Jefferson

+Quote Post
hellotampon
post Apr 17 2010, 04:40 PM
Post #13

Hardcore BUSTie

Does Walmart really expect us to believe that the reason their shit is so cheap is because they pack their trucks tightly? Come on.

+Quote Post
LuLu*Gazoo
post Apr 11 2010, 07:32 PM
Post #14

BUSTie

two words... Booty Pop (for those who aren't familiar rejoice http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d4EvVErNhVE ) Hollywoods hottest trade secret? what did you trade in order to get this? If you want your ass to look like if has mumps , do we have a product for you! ... (we need a facepalm smiley)

+Quote Post
auralpoison
post Feb 21 2010, 07:24 PM
Post #15

Big Fat Bitch

Y'know what really pisses me off about the yogurt ad? That the disbelieving tailor is played by Margo Martindale. She's one of the best character actors out there today. Dexter, The Riches, Million Dollar Baby, Iron Jawed Angels, etc, etc. It always bums me out when somebody awesome is in some shitty-ass commercial.

--------------------

+Quote Post
hellotampon
post Feb 21 2010, 06:24 PM
Post #16

Hardcore BUSTie

Woman eats all kinds of *delicious* yogurt, loses weight, and needs her clothes altered. Then proceeds to be super-condescending to the tailor who doesn't understand that when she says "boston creme pie" she really means yogurt packed with aspartame and artificial flavoring the only vaguely tastes like a creme pie. How is that supposed to make me want yogurt?

And what's with the ad for the cereal where the chocolate ice cream talks dirty to the woman who opens the freezer?

+Quote Post
jsmith
post Feb 12 2010, 01:25 PM
Post #17

It's Calamity Jenn

I know, when I saw that ad I was thinking "HONEY, you're too talented for that!"

I'm sickened by godaddy ads. It's really too bad that they continue to play the masseuse one now that the superbowl is over.

--------------------
Shake off all the fears of servile prejudices, under which weak minds are serviley crouched. Fix reason firmly in her seat, and call on her tribunal for every fact, every opinion. Question with boldness even the existence of a God, because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blind faith. Thomas Jefferson

+Quote Post
auralpoison
post Feb 11 2010, 01:13 AM
Post #18

Big Fat Bitch

I am embarrassed for Megan Mullally for being in that awful "Turn the Tub Around" disco margarine ad. I mean, I know she's been guesting on lots of tv shows & doing theatre, but damn. Are financials so tight that she has to do that kind of hokey shit? Her husband is on Parks & Recreation & I know she's working . . . just damn.

--------------------

+Quote Post
auralpoison
post Feb 3 2010, 08:25 PM
Post #19

Big Fat Bitch

Kia Superbowl commercial teaser. I hope it makes it onto Youtube quickly after the game as it intrigues me.

--------------------

+Quote Post
jsmith
post Feb 1 2010, 06:53 PM
Post #20

It's Calamity Jenn

Wow... those guys are purdy...

LOL, I had to go back and look. Then I saw the, uh... hard part. I was so distracted by their faces the first time I looked.

--------------------

+Quote Post

75 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: August 20, 2014 - 02:39 PM