Welcome Guest [ Log In | Register ] ]

75 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> !@#$%&* Annoying Ads
jsmith
post Dec 30 2009, 05:21 PM
Post #41

It's Calamity Jenn

Yeah, you aren't kidding. Nothing can make my eyes well up like an ASPCA commercial. Not even those commercials with starving children who have no parents.
Yes, I do wonder if I'm something of a misanthrope.

QUOTE(xexyz @ Dec 30 2009, 07:47 AM) *
It's for a good cause and all, but every ASPCA commercial is depressing as hell.

--------------------
Shake off all the fears of servile prejudices, under which weak minds are serviley crouched. Fix reason firmly in her seat, and call on her tribunal for every fact, every opinion. Question with boldness even the existence of a God, because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blind faith. Thomas Jefferson
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
xexyz
post Dec 30 2009, 08:47 AM
Post #42

BUSTie

It's for a good cause and all, but every ASPCA commercial is depressing as hell.

+Quote Post
sassygrrl
post Dec 29 2009, 08:50 AM
Post #43

sassygrrl

Yes that Bliss commerical makes me very annoyed. Mcgeek's always saying "Do you have an orgasm when you eat Herseys....?" It's not even good chocolate or truffles or a anything!!!

+Quote Post
snow white
post Dec 28 2009, 10:10 AM
Post #44

Hardcore BUSTie

i luv that commercial too, i can totally imagine most of the smokers i know doing that, lol.

anyone else seen those Rapsody commercials??? omg i hate them so much. that guy talking about "Heavymetal" who works behind the cash, uh, the cashregister, i really want to bone "Heavymetal", i mean play this for him. wtf? where did they find these dweebs? and why didn't they film more than one take, it's a fucking commercal for your product not a homemovie about closetted dorks (or is it??). i just really hate that commercial.

--------------------
I'm not loaded, I'm just tired of being nice

+Quote Post
jsmith
post Dec 20 2009, 07:37 PM
Post #45

It's Calamity Jenn

I love that "Become an Ex" commercial where the guy jacks a delivery truck so he can smoke a ciggy laugh.gif

--------------------
Shake off all the fears of servile prejudices, under which weak minds are serviley crouched. Fix reason firmly in her seat, and call on her tribunal for every fact, every opinion. Question with boldness even the existence of a God, because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blind faith. Thomas Jefferson

+Quote Post
hellotampon
post Dec 20 2009, 04:06 PM
Post #46

Hardcore BUSTie

The voice in the Hershey's bliss chocolates makes the hair on the back of my neck stand up. Blecch.

And I'm sorry but eating crappy hershey's chocolate is not the sensual experience they act like it is. I'm when most people eat it they are clothed, and not being molested by brown satin ribbons.

+Quote Post
kittenb
post Dec 20 2009, 09:26 AM
Post #47

There is nothing ironic about Show Choir!

Ha! I frequently (enough) will say, "If it comes from Jared, the answer is 'No!'"

I did see a jewlery ad that made me laugh the other day. This guy is reading a poem that he wrote for his woman, all about why he loves her, what he feels when she is around, etc. Then the VO said, "Because you're not that guy, [insert name of jewlery company] is here." The company was Heltzberg or something like that.

--------------------
In times of destruction, create something.
MHK

+Quote Post
sassygrrl
post Dec 18 2009, 05:02 PM
Post #48

sassygrrl

Yeah Kay, Jared, and Tom Shane companies are all forbidden in my house....

I'm so frigging sick of the damn lash ad with Brooke Shields. Doesn't she have enough $$$ shelling toothpaste?

I'm also over the whole AT&T/Verizon ads. I like Luke Wilson, but I'm just sick of these stupid "map" fights and all.

+Quote Post
Divala
post Dec 18 2009, 04:48 PM
Post #49

Hardcore BUSTie

It's because of that ad, and their dumb little "every kiss begins with K" jingle, that I have forbidden my boyfriend from shopping for rings from there - and Jared.

--------------------
"After all those hours of concentrated effort, I come home pure as the driven snow." -Gidget

+Quote Post
auntilulu
post Dec 18 2009, 08:32 AM
Post #50

BUSTie

Are you kidding? I was going to post about that a few days ago but I couldn't remember who it was for! The cherry on top is that that little pendant is supposed to look like a hug, and they're hugging . . . gag!!!!!

+Quote Post
kittenb
post Dec 17 2009, 11:16 PM
Post #51

There is nothing ironic about Show Choir!

I know that it is almost pointless to bitch about jewelry ads BUT! the Kay ad where the woman is scared of the thunderstorm makes me absolutely STABBY! "I'm right here. And I always will be." Pardon me. I have to vomit now.

--------------------
In times of destruction, create something.
MHK

+Quote Post
jsmith
post Dec 17 2009, 09:26 PM
Post #52

It's Calamity Jenn

Yeah, those commercials actually creep me out

--------------------

+Quote Post
pollystyrene
post Dec 17 2009, 09:13 PM
Post #53

Too many mutha uckas, Uckin' with my shi-

cross-post, enfermera!

--------------------
You went to school where you were taught to fear and to obey, be cheerful, fit in, or someone might think you're weird.
Life can be perfect. People can be trusted. Someday, I will fall in love; a nice quiet home of my very own.
Free from all the pain. Happy and having fun all the time.
It never happened, did it?

+Quote Post
enfermera
post Dec 17 2009, 09:03 PM
Post #54

Hardcore BUSTie

anyone seen those cell phone commercials where the girl puts the phone down, and her mouth comes off of her face to stay by the phone and keep talking? grosses me the freak out.

+Quote Post
pollystyrene
post Dec 17 2009, 09:03 PM
Post #55

Too many mutha uckas, Uckin' with my shi-

I hate that commercial, I think it's for U.S. Cellular, where they have people saying what they want in a cell phone company and the woman with the mannequin arm and leg in her hands says, "I want one that doesn't cost me one of these and one of these"...[holds up the arm and leg]..."an arm and a leg".

Um, yeah. I get it. All you needed to do was make the visual joke and you totally killed what little cleverness there was in it by being completely redundant and treating the viewers like we're idiots that needed to have it explained to us.

I think cell phone companies have made it their mission to sell things to us through annoyance. Those commercials over the summer with the thumbs with the faces (or maybe just mouths) and the one above and the other ones they're playing now where someone's talking on the phone and they take the phones away from their face and their lips go with it, so they can set the phone down somewhere with just the lips and they continue talking and the mouthless person (so far I've only seen women in the commercials- hmmmm dry.gif ) walks off somewhere else.

--------------------
You went to school where you were taught to fear and to obey, be cheerful, fit in, or someone might think you're weird.
Life can be perfect. People can be trusted. Someday, I will fall in love; a nice quiet home of my very own.
Free from all the pain. Happy and having fun all the time.
It never happened, did it?

+Quote Post
jsmith
post Dec 17 2009, 08:07 PM
Post #56

It's Calamity Jenn

Dammit, Bailey's is doing those blasted singing-lips-up-close commercials again.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Babsalicious
post Dec 16 2009, 07:18 PM
Post #57

BUSTie

The ad for Flirty Girl Fitness. I mean effing really? Ugh

Also that dumbass ad for Light and Fit yogurt where the girl rips off the tab and sucks it down in the middle of the aisle. Annoying.

+Quote Post
hellotampon
post Dec 15 2009, 07:32 PM
Post #58

Hardcore BUSTie

HEY GUYS DID YOU KNOW THAT MIRACLE WHIP IS LIKE THE CHUCK NORRIS OF CONDIMENTS OMFG!!!!!!!!!

Those cool hipster people are Miracle Whip, and they will not back down.

wtf?

+Quote Post
nickclick
post Dec 10 2009, 09:53 AM
Post #59

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(hellotampon @ Dec 9 2009, 08:17 PM) *
And I'm also hating the seasonal jewelry ads. Enough already. And by the way, the jewelry is always really uggo.

seriously... every *barf* begins with Kay.

+Quote Post
enfermera
post Dec 10 2009, 07:24 AM
Post #60

Hardcore BUSTie

ditto on those FREAKIN gap ads. they get immediately muted. cheerleaders, really? and hateful little bratty privileged girls? sign me up, PLEASE.

the one i noticed to be particularly annoying yesterday was brooke shields (again) shilling toothpaste. "i like to eat healthy foods [sticks a stalk of celery in her mouth], but i heard some foods are acidic and can be hard on your teeth!" and it shows a big bowl, like a punch bowl, of sliced citrus fruits. you eat THAT much citrus, brooke? and really, you "heard" that. i don't know. it just strikes me as horribly, horribly stupid. it makes her look like such an airhead...

+Quote Post

75 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: July 26, 2014 - 03:13 AM