Welcome Guest [ Log In | Register ] ]

19 Pages V  « < 14 15 16 17 18 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> caught by the fuzz: to shave or not to shave
annelise
post Sep 26 2006, 05:00 PM
Post #301

Hardcore BUSTie

i trim my pubes, and shave my underarms and legs regularly. i didn't start trimming regularly until i started dating my bf, who prefers it (he does lots of trimming/shaving himself). i've really gotten to like being neatly trimmed.

and if i get my bf to do it for me it seems to lead to oral sex more often than not. smile.gif

i've heard that threading is wonderful...
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
pepper
post Sep 24 2006, 02:37 PM
Post #302

i've found that threading is a bit less painful and leaves a cleaner line for the brows.
i don't even look when i'm using the clippers down there. i know where it all is, i just stick my hand over bits and feel around with that wee buzzy thing. so far so good! i don't look when i'm shaving it either, i mean, obviously the sides i do but the part i can't see? i just do it without looking.

+Quote Post
LoveMyPugs
post Sep 23 2006, 10:11 PM
Post #303

SHAVING SUCKS ASS!

I hate shaving my legs, pubic area and underarms. I shave my legs and underarms occasionally when I feel like it. MAYBE every three months. I don't have much now that I don't shave often. Just keeps growing back thinner and thinner. My man just doesn't care about leg hair. Occasionally, he might joke about my underarms or my legs but RARELY notices. I do trim my pubic area with a lady's trimmer (similar to beard trimmer for guy). I should do it more often but it's uncomfortable sitting in front of a mirror. Not cause I'm ashamed of my body; I think my hootie hoo is pretty; I just don't like trying to reach all the little areas to keep it well trimmed. I REALLY HATE GETTING MY EYEBROWS WAXED. I’d rather shoot bamboo up my fingernails. I prefer to pluck (which I confess I don’t do enough). When they rip that shit off, it feels like they are pulling my eye out of the socket. Are there any other options by the way for the eyebrow area, other then waxing or plucking?

+Quote Post
pepper
post Sep 22 2006, 09:35 PM
Post #304

lilac, i use a beard trimmer for the cootch and underarms if need be. it makes it really easy to do a good job without hurting one's self.

i'm the same about my legs. i don't want to show them all hairy in public but i also have nearly zero interest in shaving them.
luckily for me, the ex i'm potentially re-hooking up with LOVES body hair, particularly leg hair. likes a trim muff but fluffy armpits and legs make him honry. heh.

+Quote Post
lilacwine13
post Sep 22 2006, 09:24 PM
Post #305

Ambassador from the Republic of Cocktailland

Hee, AZ Guy sometimes expects the same reaction when he shaves them too. He's always done that (shaving, not trying to get girls to react to his shorn scrotum), and kept everything else trimmed and shaved down there too. I think it's for his asthetics more than for me, mainly because he's rather self-concious about his looks and he would be concerned about his package looking small. I can't see him giving it up because we aren't together.

A part of me could care less about how someone's crotch is, but at the same time I like it because I don't like getting hair in my mouth. So far that's the only part of him, besides his face, that he shaves, and he is much better at it than I am. Usually I end up getting him to help me trim my pubic hair because the last few times I have tried to do it myself I have cut myself. And yes, that does hurt really bad.

As for myself, I don't shave my armpits unless I absolutely have to, which means I have shaved them twice this decade (Halloween one year and a wedding). That is a skill I have never mastered, and I would rather have hairy armpits than itchy stubble any day. I keep my crotch trimmed unless I'm single, then I don't do anything to it, and I shave my legs about twice a week, less if I know nobody is going to see that I have leg hair, that's about the only part of my body that I'm rather self-concious about hair-wise.

--------------------
All I know is that I don't know nothing.--Op Ivy

+Quote Post
maddy29
post Sep 21 2006, 12:45 PM
Post #306

Hardcore BUSTie

lol lol lol! i love that hellotampon smile.gif like wow, good job honey! very smooth! wow! impressive! and he's all proud of himself.

+Quote Post
hellotampon
post Sep 20 2006, 07:01 PM
Post #307

Hardcore BUSTie

Yeah that's pretty much my reaction! The same thing you would do to a child who walks up to your and tries to show you a dead caterpillar or something. Everyone leaves happy.

+Quote Post
pepper
post Sep 20 2006, 06:17 PM
Post #308

oh shit girl, you have me laughing like crazy over here...

"mmm, yes honey, i see. such nice smooth balls, lovely"..
oh, killing myself.

+Quote Post
hellotampon
post Sep 20 2006, 04:43 PM
Post #309

Hardcore BUSTie

No, it's not really a treat for me, Pepper. I don't care about the hair (or lack thereof) at all so I have to make a conscious effort to *notice* when he shaves. Usually he'll tell me right away and I'll be like, "Oh wow, they're so smooth!" or something.

+Quote Post
martoocha
post Sep 20 2006, 03:26 PM
Post #310

BUSTie

i get my bikini (brazilian, but have kept a landing strip on top) area lasered. in btwn lasering sessions, i shave. depends on my mood and what time of month it is...the lasering has REALLY worked for me, so i don't need to shave very often. even when 2 weeks go by its still not bad.

i also ended up getting my underarms lasered. i shave there at least once a week.

i get my eyebrows threaded once every 2 weeks, unless i have a special occassion then i get it done after a week to clean it up a bit.

i shave my legs, but not as often as I'd like to, just get lazy. I tend to shave more in the summer time versus winter time. although, i do like the silkyness of my freshly shaved legs under pants in the winter.

mr. martoocha shaves his balls and keeps it overall neat and trimmed, but doesn't shave everything completely. i'm all for men primping themselves in the nether region...esp if the woman does also...its just cleaner, i feel and i too don't like getting hairs in my mouth.

+Quote Post
ginger_kitty
post Sep 20 2006, 02:41 PM
Post #311

Hardcore BUSTie

Kalevra, I am sorry but that nipple comment made me laugh out loud!

My hubby shaves his pubic area balls and all. It's kinda nice! I like his chest though, I am glad he leaves that. Guys with out chest hair always look a bit odd to me.

I am so glad tank top season is ending, I don't think I'll shave my underarms again until spring.

--------------------
-We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different.

-What we think, we become.

+Quote Post
little_idiot
post Sep 20 2006, 12:34 PM
Post #312

BUSTie

I shave most everything down below but leave a little triangle. I usually shave about every-other day except during my period, then I don't bother. I'm kind of maniacal about shaving, I shave my armpits and legs year-round, every day or every-other day.

As for guys, my current one has been experimenting with shaving more and more of his nether regions and I think he likes it. But he doesn't shave it smooth, just really really short, and IMO, it'd be better to leave it a little longer, cuz those little pokey hairs can really irritate my bare skin! I've had a guy or two in the past who shaved their balls, and one guy who shaved EVERYTHING off, said it made his junk look bigger. I don't really care if a guy does or doesn't shave, except I don't like getting hairs in my mouth, but shaving isn't necessary to prevent that--just tug on the hair a little bit (not too hard!) first so any loose ones come out beforehand.

+Quote Post
maddy29
post Sep 20 2006, 08:14 AM
Post #313

Hardcore BUSTie

wow, thanks for the responses! this is really so interesting and weird how we all have our ways of grooming smile.gif heh.

omg i can't imagine getting all of my pubes lasered, it HURTS on the bikini line, I can't imagine doing the whole thing. Dang.

I can't wait to show my supervisor these responses-keep 'em coming!

+Quote Post
Kalevra
post Sep 20 2006, 06:55 AM
Post #314

Hardcore BUSTie

Right, time for me to contribute here..... biggrin.gif

Trimming pubes is important, shaving not so much but iI do it from time to time.....sometimes out of boredom, sometimes cus i just plain feel like it.
Normally keep the trim the same all over, but sometimes the testes get the razor, feels weird after you have done it too......one thing, if you have balls, you DO NOT want to nick them with the razor. VERY umcomfortable feeling.

In the summer months, the chest hair gets removed too, for some reason I sweat a lot less with no chest hair. Have to do it once a week which can be a bit of a drag...but it is a fine art now, so no biggie. SOME MORE RAZOR ADVICE. NEVER, EVER nick a nipple. Bleeds like half a dog, and anything rubbing against it until healed, .....an unnerving displeasure.

There! I said it!

My ex had all the fluff removed via laser treatment, bikini line and the top part, the rest used to get the razor. I used to wince watching her do it.....*whisk whisk whisk* with that damn blade....hardly even looking at what she was doing....never ever saw her cut herself...skillz, she had SKILLS.

--------------------
I like to keep a bottle of drink handy in case I see a snake, which I also keep handy - W.C. Fields

+Quote Post
sybarite
post Sep 20 2006, 04:31 AM
Post #315

it's cards on the table time

I only ever had one bf who shaved his balls. No other guy I've known has ever done anything, trimming-wise.

I shave under my arms weekly-ish, unless I have an exercise class, in which case I shave the morning of. I shave my legs maybe about once every 3 weeks, more in summer. The hair there is very fine and takes a little while to grow back.

I get my bikini line waxed about 4 times a year, usually before I'm about to go away to somewhere with a beach or swimming pool. I also trim as needed. My wax is pretty basic though; I always say to the waxer, 'no need to do anything, you know, extreme.' I try to mimimalise the pain. My bf says it's barbaric to go through the pain of a wax but I think he prefers it aethestically all the same.

+Quote Post
pepper
post Sep 19 2006, 09:00 PM
Post #316

ha ha, and Is it? a treat for you i mean.

personally, i want him to have some hair on his stuff. and the rest of his body for that matter. i like to feel like i'm making it with a grown up and not someone that my kid bro would be hanging out with. icky.

i trim, i like him trim too. nothing so unpleasant as coughing out a hair mid whatever. a beard trimmer is only about $20 and works great. i trim under my arms but don't shave because i think naked underarm flesh is just about the most unattractive thing ever. ugh. pig flesh. and i like the idea that i visually have those two extra sexual areas (pussies!) under my arms. boys who are into it are very, Very into it indeed! yow!
i shave my bikini line when i feel like it and some of my lower labia but i leave a triangle and then some. and i shave my legs when i feel like it in the hot months but give that up as soon as skirts are out. i have soft leg hair when it grows in. it's darkish and not really all that sparse either but i don't give a fig. i am so not putting up with the bother and expense of shaving and the horrible ingrown hairs i get. when i can afford the lazer i will but until then, i am wearing those leg sweaters all winter long my friend. i haven't had a lot of negative reaction from men since i started sleeping with grown ups either. go figure.

+Quote Post
hellotampon
post Sep 19 2006, 03:01 PM
Post #317

Hardcore BUSTie

I trim all my pubic hair really short. I have fun doing it in the same way that picking at blackheads is fun. I don't like shaving it- The idea of putting a razor near my inner labia scares me, plus it seems tedious. Once in a great while I'll clean up my bikini line by shaving, and afterwards I'll feel neat and pretty.

My boyfriend shaves his balls periodically. He thinks it's a treat for me.

+Quote Post
maddy29
post Sep 19 2006, 12:44 PM
Post #318

Hardcore BUSTie

Hey, my supervisor (who's mid 40's) just came in and asked me about people shaving their pubes. She has a new man who apparently shaves his balls, etc, and his chest, and he was surprised that she doesn't shave or trim her pubic hair at all. She was asking me if it's normal or not. I said I thought it was much more normal and common now, but that I had no idea so many people did it until I met my boyfriend.

I told her I"d do a poll on here to see who shaves what, and when and wht they started.

I'll go first smile.gif I trim a bit, starting a f ew months after i started having sex with my boyfriend. I'd never heard of anyone really doing that other than on sex and the city. I decided to just try it and see how it felt, and i liked not having long hairs down there getting all twisted up and stuff.

Next?

+Quote Post
little_idiot
post Sep 14 2006, 02:47 PM
Post #319

BUSTie

I bought an epilator (a Braun Silk-Epil) a couple of years ago, thinking it would be the solution I wanted. I loved the long-lasting smoothness of waxing but I hated having to let the hair grow out so long between waxings. Your hair doesn't have to be very long to use the epilator--a lot shorter than with waxing. It doesn't feel good, though--it bothered me more than waxing because with waxing it's just a quick really bad pain, but the epilator does take a long time, so it's this milder but much longer, lingering pain. I wouldn't do my legs with it--maybe the armpits since it's a smaller area but man, I don't know, that shit would hurt. An epilator is basically just a roller with lots of little tweezers on it, so if you can pluck all the hair out of your armpits without giving up, I'd say an epliator might work for you. They're not cheap, though--I def. regret buying mine because I never use it! Oh, and if you're prone to ingrown hairs, beware--you'll get 'em just as bad as with waxing.

+Quote Post
annelise
post Sep 14 2006, 02:35 PM
Post #320

Hardcore BUSTie

i was wondering about general leg-shaving and underarm-shaving and such--does anyone use an epilator?

i've heard that it's painful, but that you get used to it. the review on one that i was looking at said it took forever just to do one leg, but it may have just been that one brand.

i wouldn't much mind the pain if i could have smooth legs for weeks on end! i just don't want to buy one and then have it turn out to be a massive and involved annoyance to use, or less effective than expected.

any thoughts? recommendations for brands/models?

thanks!

+Quote Post

19 Pages V  « < 14 15 16 17 18 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: October 1, 2014 - 08:09 PM