The Lounge Guidelines Help Search Members Calendar Blogs

Welcome Guest [ Log In | Register ] ]

271 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Bacterial Vaginosis--or--embarrassing bad smell
lotran
post Yesterday, 05:31 PM
Post #-19

Hello Ladies. I've been reading on this forum for awhile and decided to join. I've been suffering from chronic BV for over two years now and have tried mostly everything to cure it without antibiotics. Unfortunately I can't seem to kick it this time and I've done everything except boric acid, which I have coming any day now. My concern is that this particular round of BV has left my vag itchy and burning, and I think the burning may be due to a tear or something. Should I hold off on the boric acid until the burning stops? I don't want to end up poisoning myself. Uuughh. I can't wait until they find a real cure for this shit.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
craveforeric
post Feb 21 2014, 04:22 AM
Post #-18

BUSTie

this is news to me. all along I thought it was the girl I was dating then but now I just read that what was causing the foul smell of her vagina was actually what came out of me. I am really learning a lot from this forum. at least now I am getting a clearer grasp of what is really happening. thanks a lot for the new info

--------------------
eat..live..love

+Quote Post
Annajones
post Feb 18 2014, 11:49 PM
Post #-17

So in college I was told by a OBGYb to get capsule and powdered boric acid-- and to use those to insert inside me. They take care of any odor better than anything else I've tried. I was douching, using OTC yeast creams... To no avail. I have been doing this for years now and there seems no better remedy. For some reason when my hubby cums inside of me it creates a god awful smell if I don't insert a boric acid capsule. I would highly recommend it-- it's cheap- I buy the boric acid and the capsules on amazon. Or you can look for a compounding pharmacy.

+Quote Post
MNmomwife99
post Sep 24 2013, 07:11 AM
Post #-16

I've had BV in the past and been free of it finally for a few months now. There are many different ways to clear up the infection as stated in all the previous posts. Hydrogen peroxide soaked tampon worked the best for me to zap the bacteria. Then I supplemented with RepHresh Pro-B capsules combined with 8 billion Acidophilus & Bifidus refrigerated capsules for about 2 weeks or so to replenish the flora.

Note: I tried changing my diet and taking all sorts of crazy pills that did nothing but cost me money and unwanted stress. The only thing that really worked well was what I stated above.

After finally clearing up, you will need to get to the ROOT of the cause. For me, I wasn't keeping my rear end clean enough after #2. Ladies, you have to keep that very, very clean. I wasn't wiping enough and had no idea there was some residue behind. So wipe, wipe, wipe!!! until that toilet paper is CLEAN. Flush three times if you have to after #2. Better yet, buy some butt wipes. I would not wear thong underwear ever again. You are asking for trouble. Also, this might sound silly too, but don't toot when you are sitting. Not gonna explain, hopefully you get the idea. When you shower, use bar soap down there for your entire crack. Don't skip any folds. I use Lever 2000 or whatever is on sale with no problem.

Hopefully this helps some of you out there! I used to be in your shoes, looking for answers that doctors could not give me, so I pray I give someone some relief.

+Quote Post
Snoogins
post Sep 19 2013, 01:43 PM
Post #-15

Hello all!

I hope you are all doing well today! I came across this thread and thought I would share my experience as well. Starting in 2009 I began having BV problems when I had my new IUD put in. I had also lost a lot of weight and was eating very poorly as well and wasn't sure what could have caused this issue to occur. Unfortunately, I had lost my insurance shortly thereafter IUD insertion and had no idea what I was dealing with at first. I suspected it to be a yeast infection so I bought monistat; Which burned and itched it worse at first and came back right before my next period. I tried everything I could find online to get rid of this embarrassing and mysterious infection I had going on down there, for instance:

*Yogurt (Vaginally and orally)
*Completely changing diet and cutting sugars and processed foods completely out
*Metro gel
*Iodine (Douche)
*Clindamycin
*Boric Acid suppositories
*Garlic (Orally and Vaginally)
*Removal of IUD
*Folic acid
*Probiotics
*Hydrogen Peroxide(Douche)
*Apple Cider Vinegar(Douche)
*Over-The-Counter RePHresh vaginal gel
*Daily Multivitamin
*Refraining from using soaps in the vaginal area

I can tell you that it ALWAYS came back! The metro gel was expensive and it ALWAYS came back!!I became so tired of fighting the infection year after year and being so angry that the doctors couldn't even try to find the underlying ROOT cause of why this was happening!! For years, I had perfected a regimen that I performed every 3 days and it goes like this:

*Ingesting 6-8 cloves of roasted garlic(It helps rid the body of yeast overgrowth and was phenomenal at preventing BV from creeping up...you can take the pills if you do not like garlic)
*Hydrogen Peroxide(Douche- Half water/ Half Peroxide)
*Apple Cider Vinegar(Douche- Half Water/half vinegar)
Let the solution remain in vagina for 10-15 minutes and expel, Afterwards:

* Insert dose of RePHresh gel into Vagina

This worked swimmingly and I had become so accustomed to the BV I actually worked my schedule around it this way! I mean, When you have this issue and nothing... I repeat... NOTHING or NO ONE can help! For the past 2 months my BV has been missing in action (Same exact time I started taking the prenatal vitamins which , coincidentally, Improved my energy level as well; I couldn't be happier!)
I started taking the prenatal vitmans simply to promote hair and nail growth and for some reason my BV never returned at the three day mark for my regimen to begin! one time I thought that i smelled the faint smell of the of BV coming about to come on(Smells faintly foul with a tinge of copper pennies) so i did my regimen just to make sure it wasn't trying set up camp down there again!

Finally, I had my bloodwork drawn last week and it turns out I am anemic! I have probably been like this the whole time! I think this contributed to my BV hence why the Prenatal was helping with the problem! My VItamin D levels are low too(Which has been linked to BV as well)

I have been taking the Iron supplements and i show no symptoms of BV yet(Only been two days but I just got off my period and this is BV-palooza usually) My best advice would be to have your doctor run bloodwork on you and see if deficiencies could be an issue. Yeast overgrowth in the body seems to be a factor for me as well as hormone imbalance.

I wanted to post this in hopes that if it helps at least one person to have a better quality of life then I am satisfied! i spent years googling and searching and experimenting and crying from getting my hopes up everytime so I hope someone can benefit from my uphill battle with the BV struggle!

Much love! And GOOD LUCK in overcoming this horrendous ailment!!!

+Quote Post
arj75
post Aug 6 2013, 07:04 PM
Post #-14

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(Morphia @ Jul 28 2013, 08:34 PM) *
http://florafemme.com

http://www.amazon.com/FloraFemme-Probiotic...ords=florafemme

Has anyone here tried the product mentioned in the above links?

I used to post here years ago. My BV has gotten better since then but has not gone away completely. I've suffered with a chronic, 24/7 case now for almost 9 years. Sigh.

So, anyway, I was researching BV treatments yet again and came across the Florafemme. The reviews on Amazon either seem promising or suspicious. I can't really tell. But I do see that quite a few of the 5 star reviews are probably legitimate.

It's the one star reviews that make me hesitant. I'm not too keen on intense burning in my kiwi! Sorry if this has already been mentioned or tried before but as I'm sure you can all understand this is a massive thread!

I have not tried it. Most of the reading I have done regarding probiotics to improve/cure BV have not been very promising. I have seen a lot of new clinical trails for new treatments. I still use boric acid to keep it under control. Please let us know if it helps you.

+Quote Post
Morphia
post Jul 28 2013, 07:34 PM
Post #-13

Hardcore BUSTie

http://florafemme.com

http://www.amazon.com/FloraFemme-Probiotic...ords=florafemme

Has anyone here tried the product mentioned in the above links?

I used to post here years ago. My BV has gotten better since then but has not gone away completely. I've suffered with a chronic, 24/7 case now for almost 9 years. Sigh.

So, anyway, I was researching BV treatments yet again and came across the Florafemme. The reviews on Amazon either seem promising or suspicious. I can't really tell. But I do see that quite a few of the 5 star reviews are probably legitimate.

It's the one star reviews that make me hesitant. I'm not too keen on intense burning in my kiwi! Sorry if this has already been mentioned or tried before but as I'm sure you can all understand this is a massive thread!

+Quote Post
kinkyJen
post Mar 18 2013, 01:33 PM
Post #-12

BUSTie

QUOTE(swt simplicity @ Mar 18 2013, 12:27 PM) *
How long ago did you have your daughter? Did you mention it to your OB/GYN? Do you have any other symptoms besides the itch? Maybe a rash? Stinging or burning?

After browsing through some mommy blogs and forums, it seems like a postpartum vaginal itch is pretty common for one reason or another. Some of them had skin disorders, others had itching due to stitches, some had UTI's etc.

You can still try using soothing remedies to reduce the itch such as witch hazel compresses, cold compresses, anti-itch creams, colloidal oatmeal and sitz baths.

If none of that works, then it's probably something more serious that requires medical intervention.
smile.gif

Thank you so much for that wonderful info. I had my daughter 10 months ago so it's been going on for a bit. I haven't gone to my ob because each time I say I'm going to go the itchiness goes away. There doesn't seem to be a rash but there is stinging and burning after the scratching. sad.gif. If none of those suggestions provide relief then yup, I better go get that vajean checked. biggrin.gif. I didn't have this when I had my son but then again the body changes, right? I really appreciate your help. Thanks! Xoxo

--------------------
"It's better to rise than fade away"

+Quote Post
swt simplicity
post Mar 18 2013, 12:27 PM
Post #-11

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(kinkyJen @ Mar 18 2013, 02:30 AM) *
I've had crazy itching, to the point of bleeding a little if I scratch too hard. I know it's a huge no no but I can't help it sometimes, the itch is so unbearable. It seems to go away for a week but then come back with a fury for about 2-3 weeks. This is every month now and I'm wondering if it could be a crazy yeast infection or BV. After I had my daughter it seems like something went terribly wrong down there. ohmy.gif(

How long ago did you have your daughter? Did you mention it to your OB/GYN? Do you have any other symptoms besides the itch? Maybe a rash? Stinging or burning?

After browsing through some mommy blogs and forums, it seems like a postpartum vaginal itch is pretty common for one reason or another. Some of them had skin disorders, others had itching due to stitches, some had UTI's etc.

You can still try using soothing remedies to reduce the itch such as witch hazel compresses, cold compresses, anti-itch creams, colloidal oatmeal and sitz baths.

If none of that works, then it's probably something more serious that requires medical intervention.
smile.gif

--------------------
You can save $10 on your first purchase at iHerb if you use my referral code LUN601. Great selection of feminine hygiene products, candida/fungal/yeast products, and probiotics.

+Quote Post
kinkyJen
post Mar 18 2013, 01:30 AM
Post #-10

BUSTie

I've had crazy itching, to the point of bleeding a little if I scratch too hard. I know it's a huge no no but I can't help it sometimes, the itch is so unbearable. It seems to go away for a week but then come back with a fury for about 2-3 weeks. This is every month now and I'm wondering if it could be a crazy yeast infection or BV. After I had my daughter it seems like something went terribly wrong down there. ohmy.gif(

--------------------
"It's better to rise than fade away"

+Quote Post
swt simplicity
post Mar 15 2013, 09:47 AM
Post #-9

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(kaylan80 @ Mar 4 2013, 09:21 PM) *
Hey Ladies,

Ive posted before, usually just to vent about BV issues. I've had a lot of trouble with gardnella but not until recently had I had any burning/itching symptoms. So for the last month or two I've had really bad itching on my whole bottom basically, (vulva all the way back). This is REALLY embarrassing because often it gets unbearable during very awkward times.. sigh

I don't thinnk its yeast because I've tried monistat 7 cream and no improvement. Ive also tried a hydrocortisone anti itch cream which didn't help either. no other symptoms other than the itch. I do still have BV, but I don;t think it is related

Does anyone whose had this issue have any idea about what I can do?

Hi Kaylan,

Your itching sounds like it is caused by an irritant. In Chapter 7 "The Most Bothersome Symptoms" of The V Book, it states over the counter antiyeast creams will usually work if the itching is caused by a yeast infection. If it doesn't then, the itching is probably caused by something else such as:
  1. Clothing: Not letting the vagina breath due to multiple layers of clothing, including panty liners.
  2. Bathing: Using drying, fragrant soaps, cleaning abrasively with hot water
  3. Toiletries: Fragrant feminine products that may contain dyes which can cause allergic reactions. Repeated exposure to these products causes reactions later on even after the product is not being used.
  4. Allergy: Could be allergic to semen etc.
  5. Skin Disorder: Eczema, psoriasis, lichen planus etc.
  6. Low Estrogen: Low estrogen causes a dry and itchy sensation.
  7. Vulvular Skin Cancer & Precancer: Itching with bumps
  8. Pinworms: Usually results in anal itching, but may also cause itching around the vagina

Dr. Stewart provides a list of itch relief do's and don'ts, but I'll just list the do's.

Recommended:
  • Clothes: Loose fitting underwear that do not bind the groin (knee highs and thigh highs), going without underwear at home, fragrance free [laundry] detergents
  • Bathing: [fragrance free] Dove bar soap, Basis, Neutrogena
  • Toiletries: No toiletries on the vulva; use soft white unscented toilet paper
  • Menstrual Products: Natural fiber pads, tampon use as recommended by manufacturer
  • Exercise Gear: Wear loose baggy sweatpants.

Then there is a list of irritants and allergens:

Irritants
:
  • Soap, bubble bath, fragrant laundry detergent and fabric softener
  • Pads, adhesive on pads
  • Nylon underwear
  • Secretions, sweat, urine
  • Tampon strings
  • 5-FU cream, other HPV medications
  • Fragrances, natural oils
  • Douches, yogurt, deodorant hygiene products, alcohols

Allergens:
  • Benzocaine
  • Neomycin
  • Chlorhexidine in K-Y jelly
  • Ethylene diamine in neomycin
  • Fragrances
  • Propylene glycol, preservatives (in products can also be irritants)
  • Nickel
  • Tea tree oil

If your symptoms are really troublesome and nothing is working, you should probably see a gynecologist just to be on the safe side.

I suggest doing a soak with Aveeno Active Naturals Soothing Bath Treatment. Its only ingredient is 100% Colloidal Oatmealwhich is the only FDA approved and regulated natural over the counter treatment for relieving topical itch and irritation (source).

But ...

Since you have anal itching as well, I'm wondering if you may be infected with pin-worms. But the soak is totally safe and shouldn't be harmful in anyway. Try not to get the colloidal oatmeal inside of your vagina, only the vulva. Another option is Calamine Lotion and Witch Hazel on the most itchy spots. But you should check with a pharmacist to know if those a safe to use on the perianal area.

smile.gif

--------------------
You can save $10 on your first purchase at iHerb if you use my referral code LUN601. Great selection of feminine hygiene products, candida/fungal/yeast products, and probiotics.

+Quote Post
kaylan80
post Mar 4 2013, 08:21 PM
Post #-8

Hey Ladies,

Ive posted before, usually just to vent about BV issues. I've had a lot of trouble with gardnella but not until recently had I had any burning/itching symptoms. So for the last month or two I've had really bad itching on my whole bottom basically, (vulva all the way back). This is REALLY embarrassing because often it gets unbearable during very awkward times.. sigh

I don't thinnk its yeast because I've tried monistat 7 cream and no improvement. Ive also tried a hydrocortisone anti itch cream which didn't help either. no other symptoms other than the itch. I do still have BV, but I don;t think it is related

Does anyone whose had this issue have any idea about what I can do?

+Quote Post
Hadenoughnow
post Feb 24 2013, 08:44 AM
Post #-7

Hi everyone I also have BV. It started just before Christmas with a sore burning and then the horrible yellow watery discharge. My discharge does not smell fishy it smells of amonia of old pee! Antibiotics have not worked I am about to start 10 days of metro gel in desperation. I sould like to start the natural route of health supplements and probiotics. Has anyone had a definite success with anything. This is so depressing gahhhhhhh xx

+Quote Post
swt simplicity
post Feb 7 2013, 03:17 PM
Post #-6

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(yme30 @ Jan 21 2013, 10:11 PM) *
Haven't been here a while but here goes, I am still having problems with this BV. I just recently had some blood work done and I got a call back saying I was slightly anemic. I am taking iron pills but I hope there is a correlation between the two.

Also I notice when I eat anything sweet or carby, my BV has volcano like episodes, it just annoying blink.gif

I cant eat anything good with out having aggravating results, so not fair!!!

I try the peroxide wash and it helps for about five minutes. I just cant figure out what happened to my body and why when I take antibiotics they don't work at all.

I guess I am going to have to do a disciplined diet along with a detox and try vitamins yet again, wish me luck.

ps. This board use to be pretty steady and now its so dead, I hope we can revamp it this year, I don't know maybe people don't have BV anymore ohmy.gif

It’s good that your getting your iron stores up. Red blood cells serve such an important role in the health of your body that it should definitely help you in a number of ways; maybe it will help your body heal faster. There are a few clinical studies, (such as this one), that link bacterial vaginosis to anemia, but those research studies need to be assessed carefully since they could be flawed.

A number of women have issues with carbohydrates and sweets, specifically refined carbohydrates. It would be a good idea to skip refined carbohydrates altogether. I’m actually reading a book by Gary Taubes titled, Good Calories Bad Calories, and he compiled so much research pertaining to public health claims about diseases of civilization. I’m pleasantly surprised to see that he makes the connection that “diseases of civilization” are linked to the consumption of refined carbohydrates. People did not evolve eating refined carbohydrates. It isn’t a coincidence that western civilizations are plagued by hundreds of diseases meanwhile, third world countries or people living in isolated tribes are not faced with those same diseases, no atherosclerosis, diabetes, obesity, high blood pressure, cancer etc. Yet once certain populations become westernized, they are faced with those same “diseases of civilization”.

If you plan on going on any diet, you might want to check out the GAPS diet protocol. As I mentioned previously about "diseases of civilization", this also extends to psychological disorders that are becoming more prevalent such as schizophrenia, A.D.H.D, autism ect. The GAPS diet protocol (which stands for Gut & Psychology Syndrome) was born because the author, who is Dr. Natasha Campbell-McBride's son suffered from autism and she recognized the dietary connection. Through her research in neuroscience and doing lots of research in Russia, she realized there is a huge connection between guy health and overall health. Much of the immune system is in the gut. Through all of this, the GAPS diet was born. While it is named the Gut and Psychology Syndome, it extends to any disorder or syndrome that manifests through poor gut health. I don't want to go on and on about the diet and make my post any longer than it already is, but I will post some links below of the website, the Amazon reviews, and the Youtube interview (which is very long, but you can watch it in parts - it's VERY worth listening to). There are probably many practitioners in your area that can assist you while you’re on the diet. You can do a search while you’re on the website. It helps heal the gut lining. Your gut flora is probably very imbalanced from being on antibiotics for so long. If you don't want to try the protocol, you can just try removing all refined carbohydrates for a few months and see if that helps, then proceed from there.

(Youtube Interview) Dr. Mercola Interviews Dr. Natasha Campbell-McBride About Immunity and Gut Flora
(Website) Gaps.me
(Amazon) GAPS Book Reviews
(Find a Practitioner) GAPS Practitioners by Country & State

QUOTE(princessmombi @ Feb 2 2013, 12:37 PM) *
I think there is something to this as I noticed it as well. Maybe we build up a tolerance to it, something similar to how your body can build up a tolerance to antibiotics?? What if the bad bacteria learns how to fight the good bacteria that we are taking?? One proB no longer works for me, and now I am taking two a day plus 3 acidophilus for intestinal bacteria. I notice an improvement but not a complete change. This is really frustrating!!

On another note, I was curious as to whether anyone else gets an ammonia-like smell?? Mine gets so bad that my underwear smells like cat urine dry.gif sad.gif unsure.gif wacko.gif ..... Over the past 13 years of having this problem the smell has manifested itself in different ways, I'm not sure if hormones or diet have anything to do with it.

I used to experience an ammonia smelling discharge. All of those smells are caused by bad bacteria giving off odors as they feed, grow, etc. For me, diet was a huge factor. The odor dialed down by 70% when I stopped eating added sugars, and went down by another 10% when I cut out white flour. There is plenty of research that documents the health implications of eating refined carbohydrates. I also mentioned in my response to yme30 about refined carbohydrates and its link to "diseases of civilization". And in my personal experience, those refined carbohydrates helped facilitate the proliferation and growth of unhealthy bacteria regardless of the probiotics I was taking at the time. Some people actually have to completely stop eating carbohydrates all together because their bodies seem to not process them very well, but that is only for a certain group of individuals.

And there are also a number of other factors varying from, smoking, vitamin D deficiency, feminine hygiene products, clothing, the soap your using to wash yourself, sex (and oral sex), antibiotic use, etc.

--------------------

+Quote Post
princessmombi
post Feb 2 2013, 11:37 AM
Post #-5

QUOTE(swt simplicity @ Jan 18 2013, 02:57 PM) *
I think my body was getting too used to the RepHresh Pro-B since I've been taking it for years.

swt simplicity

I think there is something to this as I noticed it as well. Maybe we build up a tolerance to it, something similar to how your body can build up a tolerance to antibiotics?? What if the bad bacteria learns how to fight the good bacteria that we are taking?? One proB no longer works for me, and now I am taking two a day plus 3 acidophilus for intestinal bacteria. I notice an improvement but not a complete change. This is really frustrating!!

On another note, I was curious as to whether anyone else gets an ammonia-like smell?? Mine gets so bad that my underwear smells like cat urine dry.gif sad.gif unsure.gif wacko.gif ..... Over the past 13 years of having this problem the smell has manifested itself in different ways, I'm not sure if hormones or diet have anything to do with it.

+Quote Post
yme30
post Jan 28 2013, 12:04 AM
Post #-4

BUSTie

QUOTE(amyb33 @ Jan 24 2013, 06:52 PM) *
Looking for help and hopefully provide a little!

I have suffered from yeast and bv infections for several years. Medicines work, but you know the story - They always come back. I do find that Rephresh gets rid of any odor and discharge that comes with BV - But the tissue discharge that accompanies it for a week after, isnt ideal.

But about 6 months ago, I cut yeast out of my diet completely for other health reasons (constant headaches, nausea, upset stomach, etc.) and I believe this has had 100% postive effects on me, for the reasons I mentioned and I have also noticed that my "day-to-day" infections (Ones I seem to have all the time even with no intimacy) have cleared up. I also watch the carbs I eat as these turn to sugars in the body and feed the yeast that is naturally occurring. Since I haven't been eating bread, drinking beer (Hardest one!), eating anything like cakes, cookies, etc. - I have lost a little weight/fat content and feel better because processed foods and baked goods aren't good for us anyway. I have also been taking the probiotic Acidophilus as recommended by my gyno. So this may be a good idea for some to try.

I still get thrown off balance by intimacy of any kind, whether it be oral sex or intercourse (We use condoms so there is no semen that can throw off my PH so I know it's not that). So I am about to start trying low doses of boric adid suppositories to try to maintain things - Even when I don't have an infection per say. So my question to anyone out there is while using boric acid - Do you have to wait a certain amount of time before intercourse and/or oral sex? I know it is toxic if taken orally but since I don't have an infection currently and dont need to wait for anything to clear up, how long would I have to wait before my partner could go down there (Bless him, he loves to)? More or less any input on use and recommendations would be great!

I tried boric acid a couple of times, it can really get messy. I'd hold off on the sex for a while until it completely clears up depending on how often you use it. Good luck

+Quote Post
arj75
post Jan 25 2013, 08:18 PM
Post #-3

Hardcore BUSTie

New clinical trial to start.
www.Clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT01762670
It's a copper intravaginal device...?!!

+Quote Post
amyb33
post Jan 24 2013, 05:52 PM
Post #-2

Looking for help and hopefully provide a little!

I have suffered from yeast and bv infections for several years. Medicines work, but you know the story - They always come back. I do find that Rephresh gets rid of any odor and discharge that comes with BV - But the tissue discharge that accompanies it for a week after, isnt ideal.

But about 6 months ago, I cut yeast out of my diet completely for other health reasons (constant headaches, nausea, upset stomach, etc.) and I believe this has had 100% postive effects on me, for the reasons I mentioned and I have also noticed that my "day-to-day" infections (Ones I seem to have all the time even with no intimacy) have cleared up. I also watch the carbs I eat as these turn to sugars in the body and feed the yeast that is naturally occurring. Since I haven't been eating bread, drinking beer (Hardest one!), eating anything like cakes, cookies, etc. - I have lost a little weight/fat content and feel better because processed foods and baked goods aren't good for us anyway. I have also been taking the probiotic Acidophilus as recommended by my gyno. So this may be a good idea for some to try.

I still get thrown off balance by intimacy of any kind, whether it be oral sex or intercourse (We use condoms so there is no semen that can throw off my PH so I know it's not that). So I am about to start trying low doses of boric adid suppositories to try to maintain things - Even when I don't have an infection per say. So my question to anyone out there is while using boric acid - Do you have to wait a certain amount of time before intercourse and/or oral sex? I know it is toxic if taken orally but since I don't have an infection currently and dont need to wait for anything to clear up, how long would I have to wait before my partner could go down there (Bless him, he loves to)? More or less any input on use and recommendations would be great!

+Quote Post
deb302
post Jan 22 2013, 06:20 PM
Post #-1

BUSTie

QUOTE(swt simplicity @ Jan 18 2013, 02:57 PM) *
I'm sure things will get better at some point. I never knew an EKG result could effect laproscopic procedures. Can you get the procedure done later when your EKG results are normal?

You could try taking the Renew Life Ultimate Flora Women's Care after your RepHresh Pro-B or Fem-Dophilus runs out. I started taking it about a month ago because I wanted a more broad spectrum probiotic versus one that only targets vaginal health since a bacterial imbalance starts in the intestinal flora and then descends and affects the vaginal flora. I think the diversity and high amount of probiotic bacteria is helping me so far (it contains 25 billion CFU's and 12 different types of bacteria), especially since I notice less digestive distress. My vaginal secretions look consistent and not as thick compared to when I was taking the RepHresh Pro-B. It has to be stored at less than 71 degrees fahrenheit, so its not entirely shelf stable which I don't like. And it's cheaper than RepHresh Pro-B which I'm especially happy about! I think my body was getting too used to the RepHresh Pro-B since I've been taking it for years.

swt simplicity

sounds like a good vitamin to try. so far, no more smell. and the bleeding has stopped. went to pcp yesterday to get ekg evaluated and the dumb gyn never sent it. They just sent them a form for a hysterectomy. i am so done with that doctor, I'm looking for another one. just too many things gone wrong with them.

Haven't been here a while but here goes, I am still having problems with this BV. I just recently had some blood work done and I got a call back saying I was slightly anemic. I am taking iron pills but I hope there is a correlation between the two.

Also I notice when I eat anything sweet or carby, my BV has volcano like episodes, it just annoying blink.gif

I try the peroxide wash and it helps for about five minutes. I just cant figure out what happened to my body and why when I take antibiotics they don't work at all.

I guess I am going to have to do a disciplined diet along with a detox and try vitamins yet again, wish me luck.

ps. This board use to be pretty steady and now its so dead, I hope we can revamp it this year, I don't know maybe people don't have BV anymore ohmy.gif

What helped for me was the Vitamin D3. Also the fem-dophilus.

+Quote Post
yme30
post Jan 21 2013, 09:11 PM
Post #0

BUSTie

+Quote Post

271 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
5 User(s) are reading this topic (5 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: July 29, 2014 - 11:30 PM