http://howtostop-bingeeating.com
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
deb302
post Jan 12 2013, 01:52 PM
Post #22

BUSTie

QUOTE(deb302 @ Jan 10 2013, 04:59 PM) *
Nope. I asked about hormones, but he's hell bent on the ablation, so I guess I'm stuck with that.

also, now I can't even have the ablation because the ekg was abnormal and he won't do surgery now.
isn't this great?

+Quote Post
deb302
post Jan 10 2013, 04:59 PM
Post #23

BUSTie

QUOTE(swt simplicity @ Jan 10 2013, 02:51 PM) *
I'm sorry to hear that. I doubt taking supplements would cause those symptoms. Have you tried going on hormonal contraceptives to control the excessive bleeding?

Nope. I asked about hormones, but he's hell bent on the ablation, so I guess I'm stuck with that.

+Quote Post
swt simplicity
post Jan 10 2013, 02:51 PM
Post #24

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(deb302 @ Jan 8 2013, 12:40 PM) *
Well, that was short lived. Woke up yesterday to bleeding. Which got progressively worse as the day went on. soaking thru pads in 10 minutes, clots the size of the pad, sorry if thats tmi

not sure if its from all the supplements or just my f'd up insides.

Got a prescription for some Lysteda, which so far isn't helping. And an ablation and colposcopy scheduled for the 24th, if I make it that long. Hopefully I will still have a job and insurance by then...

I'm sorry to hear that. I doubt taking supplements would cause those symptoms. Have you tried going on hormonal contraceptives to control the excessive bleeding?

--------------------
You can save $10 on your first purchase at iHerb if you use my referral code LUN601. Great selection of feminine hygiene products, candida/fungal/yeast products, and probiotics.

+Quote Post
deb302
post Jan 8 2013, 11:40 AM
Post #25

BUSTie

QUOTE(swt simplicity @ Jan 7 2013, 09:38 PM) *
That's wonderful news! I'm glad to know your getting relief. Do you think the other things you were doing contributed to your improvement?

swt simplicity

Well, that was short lived. Woke up yesterday to bleeding. Which got progressively worse as the day went on. soaking thru pads in 10 minutes, clots the size of the pad, sorry if thats tmi

not sure if its from all the supplements or just my f'd up insides.

Got a prescription for some Lysteda, which so far isn't helping. And an ablation and colposcopy scheduled for the 24th, if I make it that long. Hopefully I will still have a job and insurance by then...

+Quote Post
swt simplicity
post Jan 7 2013, 09:38 PM
Post #26

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(deb302 @ Jan 5 2013, 08:00 PM) *
Thank you for that info. I added Vitamin D3, 1000 IU and THE SMELL IS GONE!!!
Hopefully, the infection is also gone and that it lasts. But it is definately an improvement

That's wonderful news! I'm glad to know your getting relief. Do you think the other things you were doing contributed to your improvement?

swt simplicity

--------------------
You can save $10 on your first purchase at iHerb if you use my referral code LUN601. Great selection of feminine hygiene products, candida/fungal/yeast products, and probiotics.

+Quote Post
deb302
post Jan 5 2013, 07:00 PM
Post #27

BUSTie

At your next appointment, you should have your vitamin D levels checked. Low levels are linked to bacterial vaginosis. I actually found some interesting research on Vitamin D from the vitamin D Council. It states "To counter bacterial vaginosis, vitamin D produces cathelicidin and defensins. These proteins fight bacterial and yeast infections. They may also neutralize bacterial toxins. According to several studies, there are increased concentrations of defensins in vaginal fluids during BV", "Cathelicidin is a family of antimicrobial polypeptides that serve a critical role in mammalian innate immune system defense against invasive bacterial infection" (source). The council also recommends taking vitamin D along with antibiotics to prevent a recurrence of bacterial vaginosis. The tolerable upper intake for vitamin D for people 9 years and older is 4,000 IU (source). Anything over that may increase the risk of adverse effects.

Thank you for that info. I added Vitamin D3, 1000 IU and THE SMELL IS GONE!!!
Hopefully, the infection is also gone and that it lasts. But it is definately an improvement

+Quote Post
swt simplicity
post Jan 2 2013, 06:40 PM
Post #28

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(deb302 @ Dec 30 2012, 10:24 AM) *
They called in a prescription of cleosin cream on thursday, but I have not picked it up because when I looked it up online, it says that it can cause colitis and not to use it if you have intestinal problems, which I do suffer from symptoms of ibs. They also were supposed to call and schedule my surgery last week, but they called and said my pap was abnormal and he wants to do another colposcopy, so I will be back on the 7th for that.

The risk of the cleocin causing colitis is very small. For example, the cleocin warning says, "Bloody diarrheahttp://www.bust.com/lounge/style_images/bust/folder_editor_images/rte-link-button.png and colitis (including pseudomembranous colitis) have been reported rarely with topical clindamycin. In general, these cases involved extemporaneously prepared solutions of clindamycin hydrochloride" (source). Clindamycin hypochlorite and clindamycin phosphate (which is the clindamycin in the vaginal cream) are different. Since the clindamycin hypochlorite was prepared quickly, (perhaps with little precision) then that explains the risk factor, although I'm wondering why they would add that part since those are two different active ingredients. That's tantamount to comparing sodium with sodium phosphate.

I can understand why you wouldn't want to use it but the warning was not in regards to people with irritable bowel syndrome. It states: "Cleocin Vaginal Cream 2%, is contraindicated in individuals with a history of hypersensitivity to clindamycin, lincomycin, or any of the components of this vaginal cream. Cleocin Vaginal Cream 2%, is also contraindicated in individuals with a history of regional enteritis, ulcerative colitis, or a history of "antibiotic-associated" colitis." (source). Since irritable bowel syndrome does not involve inflammation, then it doesn't apply to any of those risk factors.

Thank you, I will look into Vitamin D. Since reading this forum, I have cut back on sugar and breads, tried to eat more vegetables. I am now taking a general probiotic as well as a woman's multi vitamin, folic acid, and B6 supplements. And Represh Pro B. Doesn't really seem to help alot, but there is some small improvement on some days. I bought some Balance Activ online, but have been afraid to use it since it says not to if there is bleeding.

It's good to know that there might be slight improvements. You should definitely notice a difference within a couple of months of sticking with your regime, particularly with the probiotic and eating more whole foods. The low-FODMAP approach should help control your IBS like symptoms. There is even clinical research about the diet as well that proves its effectiveness. You should also think about getting your iron levels checked at your next appointment. It seems like you could be deficient in iron from the constant bleeding you've been dealing with. You need higher levels of it in order to build up your iron stores. The iron in a multivitamin may not be enough.

swt simplicity

--------------------

+Quote Post
deb302
post Dec 30 2012, 09:24 AM
Post #29

BUSTie

Were you taking probiotics before, during and after you started your antibiotics?

No I was not taking probiotics. I wasn't aware to until after this became a constant issue in August and finding this forum...

If youíre absolutely sure that your hormones are the issue, then tell your OB/GYN to check your hormones. Having an immediate family history of this is generally reason enough to do so.

I am not absolutely sure, but I thought it could be an issue and the doctor has stated that is probably the issue

In that case, I personally wouldn't bother going through with the D&C unless I've had everything else checked out.

That's my point. Aside from one sonogram and a colposcopy, I have had no other tests.

Your OB/GYN should have done a follow up exam before giving you another prescription (that was always the case for me). You can definitely request to be checked for STDs. Make sure you ask specifically what tests are available. Some tests are more sensitive than others. They typically test common STDs and STIs like gonorrhea, syphilis, genital herpes, chlamydia, HIV, genital warts, and HPV. Anything else has to be specifically requested. I don't think trichomoniasis is routinely checked for everywhere, but make sure you ask specifically what will be checked.

Whoever is working in the lab should be able to identify what bacterium has overgrown. I requested to know what non-albican yeast I was dealing with, only to know it didnít make that much of a difference anyway. There wasn't much research on the yeast I was dealing with.

I did manage to get one appointment, doctor said there was an odor and it was either bv or trich and not to worry because same medicine cures both. Next 2 times I called, they just sent scripts in.

At your next appointment, you should have your vitamin D levels checked. Low levels are linked to bacterial vaginosis. I actually found some interesting research on Vitamin D from the vitamin D Council. It states "To counter bacterial vaginosis, vitamin D produces cathelicidin and defensins. These proteins fight bacterial and yeast infections. They may also neutralize bacterial toxins. According to several studies, there are increased concentrations of defensins in vaginal fluids during BV", "Cathelicidin is a family of antimicrobial polypeptides that serve a critical role in mammalian innate immune system defense against invasive bacterial infection" (source). The council also recommends taking vitamin D along with antibiotics to prevent a recurrence of bacterial vaginosis. The tolerable upper intake for vitamin D for people 9 years and older is 4,000 IU (source). Anything over that may increase the risk of adverse effects.

Thank you, I will look into Vitamin D. Since reading this forum, I have cut back on sugar and breads, tried to eat more vegetables. I am now taking a general probiotic as well as a woman's multi vitamin, folic acid, and B6 supplements. And Represh Pro B. Doesn't really seem to help alot, but there is some small improvement on some days. I bought some Balance Activ online, but have been afraid to use it since it says not to if there is bleeding.

They called in a prescription of cleosin cream on thursday, but I have not picked it up because when I looked it up online, it says that it can cause colitis and not to use it if you have intestinal problems, which I do suffer from symptoms of ibs. They also were supposed to call and schedule my surgery last week, but they called and said my pap was abnormal and he wants to do another colposcopy, so I will be back on the 7th for that.

+Quote Post
patriciahunt
post Dec 30 2012, 05:04 AM
Post #30

The information given above regarding yeast infection is really awesome. There is also an herbal remedy named Calendula Pessaries it also works rapidly on yeast infection and it is totally safe for you.

Pessaries

+Quote Post
swt simplicity
post Dec 29 2012, 07:55 PM
Post #31

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(deb302 @ Dec 28 2012, 11:22 PM) *
Complications
By Mayo Clinic staff
Generally, bacterial vaginosis doesn't cause complications. But under certain circumstances, having bacterial vaginosis may lead to:
Preterm birth. In pregnant women, bacterial vaginosis is linked to premature deliveries and low birth weight babies.
Sexually transmitted infections. Having bacterial vaginosis makes women more susceptible to sexually transmitted infections, such as HIV, herpes simplex virus, chlamydia or gonorrhea. If you have HIV, bacterial vaginosis increases the odds that you'll pass the virus on to your partner.
Infection risk after gynecologic surgery. Having bacterial vaginosis may be associated with a greater chance of developing a post-surgical infection after procedures such as hysterectomy or dilation and curettage (D and C).
http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/bacterial...N=complications

Thank you for providing this article. It definitely makes sense, but after reading the complications of a D&C, I noticed there will always be a risk of infection regardless of bacterial vaginosis because a dilated cervix means bacteria is easily able to enter the uterus. But since it doesn't seem absolutely necessary for you to do the procedure, then there isn't a point of taking that risk with an active infection.
The HPV and BV were both found on a routine pap smear. I had no symptoms of BV until after the first round of flagyl

Sometimes women with bacterial vaginosis present "no symptoms at all" (CDC), roughly 85% according to MedicineNet (source). The Flagyl may have exacerbated the bacterial imbalance. Were you taking probiotics before, during and after you started your antibiotics?
I am almost 50 years old, my mother had gone thru menopause in her 40's. The doctor himself told me its hormonal.

If youíre absolutely sure that your hormones are the issue, then tell your OB/GYN to check your hormones. Having an immediate family history of this is generally reason enough to do so.
No fibroids or polyps were found during a transvaginal sonogram. The doctor states that there MIGHT be a polyp that wasn't seen.

In that case, I personally wouldn't bother going through with the D&C unless I've had everything else checked out.
I would like to be tested for things instead of just assuming I need another prescription. I would like to see exactly what bacteria are in there (good and bad), have my hormonal levels tested, even tested for std's. The doctor said it's either BV or Trich, but the same medicine is used for either. But never tested for anything. I could have HIV for all I know!
I call and explain things and they say they will call back. Then they call back to say they have sent a prescription!!! UGH

Your OB/GYN should have done a follow up exam before giving you another prescription (that was always the case for me). You can definitely request to be checked for STDs. Make sure you ask specifically what tests are available. Some tests are more sensitive than others. They typically test common STDs and STIs like gonorrhea, syphilis, genital herpes, chlamydia, HIV, genital warts, and HPV. Anything else has to be specifically requested. I don't think trichomoniasis is routinely checked for everywhere, but make sure you ask specifically what will be checked.

Whoever is working in the lab should be able to identify what bacterium has overgrown. I requested to know what non-albican yeast I was dealing with, only to know it didnít make that much of a difference anyway. There wasn't much research on the yeast I was dealing with.

It's unfortunate that the medical staff isn't very helpful. It can be very frustrating on top of what your going through, but the best you can do is try to communicate with them as clearly and effectively as you can. That tends to work out for the most part.

Hope all goes well for you,
swt simplicity

--------------------

+Quote Post
deb302
post Dec 28 2012, 10:22 PM
Post #32

BUSTie

Complications
By Mayo Clinic staff

Generally, bacterial vaginosis doesn't cause complications. But under certain circumstances, having bacterial vaginosis may lead to:

Preterm birth. In pregnant women, bacterial vaginosis is linked to premature deliveries and low birth weight babies.
Sexually transmitted infections. Having bacterial vaginosis makes women more susceptible to sexually transmitted infections, such as HIV, herpes simplex virus, chlamydia or gonorrhea. If you have HIV, bacterial vaginosis increases the odds that you'll pass the virus on to your partner.
Infection risk after gynecologic surgery. Having bacterial vaginosis may be associated with a greater chance of developing a post-surgical infection after procedures such as hysterectomy or dilation and curettage (D and C).

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/bacterial...N=complications

+Quote Post
deb302
post Dec 28 2012, 04:18 PM
Post #33

BUSTie

[quote name='swt simplicity' date='Dec 28 2012, 03:24 PM' post='268372']
"You've made an interesting point. I wouldn't think so. Those procedures are usually done with a lot of precision, and a lot is done to avoid cross contamination, as is the case with any surgical or laproscopic procedure. Most surgical or laproscopic instruments are made of materials that cannot sustain the growth of microbes. But they are always sanitized completely or replaced after each procedure."

It wouldn't have to sustain growth, the instruments would pass thru the infection and straight into the uterus, possibly carrying bacteria with it...

"If they were only checking you for HPV, yet you were also diagnosed with bacterial vaginosis, you should call your gynecologist or who ever administered the test to ask why this is the case. Always ask questions to your health care professional if you are confused about something. You may just avoid a major medical error by doing so. Since bacterial vaginosis is so common, supposedly even more common than yeast infections, I doubt you were misdiagnosed."

The HPV and BV were both found on a routine pap smear. I had no symptoms of BV until after the first round of flagyl

"If your worried that you may have a hormone imbalance, you can always request to see an endocrinologist just to be on the safe side. You'll probably be asked a series of questions to rule out a potential hormone imbalance before you are referred to an endocrinologist."

I am almost 50 years old, my mother had gone thru menopause in her 40's. The doctor himself told me its hormonal.

"Some of the women in my family such as my mom and aunt have suffered from uterine fibroids and they would have heavy bleeding from it. My mom actually had this issue until she got them removed and she also choose to have a total hysterectomy (uterus and cervix removed) a year ago so she doesn't have to worry about reoccuring fibroids anymore. Uterine fibroids are very common in Black women. From what I've been reading, the symptoms of uterine polyps and uterine fibroids are very similar. You'll continue to have problems until you get the polyp(s) removed."

No fibroids or polyps were found during a transvaginal sonogram. The doctor states that there MIGHT be a polyp that wasn't seen.

"What exactly do you mean when you say that you called and they only sent you another prescription? Is that what you intended to do when you called, or were you expecting another outcome?"

I would like to be tested for things instead of just assuming I need another prescription. I would like to see exactly what bacteria are in there (good and bad), have my hormonal levels tested, even tested for std's. The doctor said it's either BV or Trich, but the same medicine is used for either. But never tested for anything. I could have HIV for all I know!
I call and explain things and they say they will call back. Then they call back to say they have sent a prescription!!! UGH

+Quote Post
swt simplicity
post Dec 28 2012, 03:24 PM
Post #34

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(deb302 @ Dec 27 2012, 08:02 PM) *
My understanding is to stop the bleeding until menopause. But my concern is that by going thru an infected vagina, into my uterus, won't the bacteria be spread? (And my gut feeling is that he just wants to do surgery, any surgery because he likes to be a surgeon.) I called them again today and they only sent another script (cleocin cream). They have never tested me for anything except hpv. Shouldn't they test my hormones? And my last pap came back abnormal so they want to do another colposcopy. I just don't understand it.

You've made an interesting point. I wouldn't think so. Those procedures are usually done with a lot of precision, and a lot is done to avoid cross contamination, as is the case with any surgical or laproscopic procedure. Most surgical or laproscopic instruments are made of materials that cannot sustain the growth of microbes. But they are always sanitized completely or replaced after each procedure.

If they were only checking you for HPV, yet you were also diagnosed with bacterial vaginosis, you should call your gynecologist or who ever administered the test to ask why this is the case. Always ask questions to your health care professional if you are confused about something. You may just avoid a major medical error by doing so. Since bacterial vaginosis is so common, supposedly even more common than yeast infections, I doubt you were misdiagnosed.

If your worried that you may have a hormone imbalance, you can always request to see an endocrinologist just to be on the safe side. You'll probably be asked a series of questions to rule out a potential hormone imbalance before you are referred to an endocrinologist.

Some of the women in my family such as my mom and aunt have suffered from uterine fibroids and they would have heavy bleeding from it. My mom actually had this issue until she got them removed and she also choose to have a total hysterectomy (uterus and cervix removed) a year ago so she doesn't have to worry about reoccuring fibroids anymore. Uterine fibroids are very common in Black women. From what I've been reading, the symptoms of uterine polyps and uterine fibroids are very similar. You'll continue to have problems until you get the polyp(s) removed.

What exactly do you mean when you say that you called and they only sent you another prescription? Is that what you intended to do when you called, or were you expecting another outcome?

Best,
swt simplicity

--------------------

+Quote Post
deb302
post Dec 27 2012, 07:02 PM
Post #35

BUSTie

[quote name='swt simplicity' date='Dec 25 2012, 04:41 PM' post='268362']
Hi Deb!

I've viewed some research that has stated there tends to be a correlation between bacterial vaginosis and the human papilloma infection. However, I've also viewed research that states there is an association yet after controlling for certain variables, there doesn't seem to be an association. What I can conclude is more research needs to be done to prove there is an association. That probably explains why your OB/GYN can't give you a straight answer; he or she probably doesn't have an answer to give you. I've listed the research below if you'd like to view it.

I can assume the association comes from the fact that bacterial vaginosis makes a woman more suspectible to contracting certain sexually transmitted infections and diseases because the vagina isn't able to protect itself as well due to the bacterial imbalance.

Considering your test results, you should follow through with the procedure. You should ask your doctor why he or she thinks doing the procedure would help with hormonal issues. I find this worth inquiring about. Don't hesitate to ask questions if your confused or don't understand everything your doctor says; even nurses and nurse practitioners working in the office are often helpful too. I think the answer your OB/GYN provides should give you a good idea of his or her train of thought, particularly if he or she has a good understanding of what he or she is dealing with.

Links:*Cervical intraepithelial neoplasia (CIN) is defined as "abnormal changes in the cells on the surface of the cervix that are seen underneath a microscope. The changes are not cancer. However, they can lead to cancer of the cervix if not treated" (NIH). CIN is caused by certain strains of HPV.
[/quote

My understanding is to stop the bleeding until menopause. But my concern is that by going thru an infected vagina, into my uterus, won't the bacteria be spread? (And my gut feeling is that he just wants to do surgery, any surgery because he likes to be a surgeon.) I called them again today and they only sent another script (cleocin cream). They have never tested me for anything except hpv. Shouldn't they test my hormones? And my last pap came back abnormal so they want to do another colposcopy. I just don't understand it.

+Quote Post
kaney2021
post Dec 27 2012, 02:29 AM
Post #36

There seems to be some confusion about the meaning of Hell and who goes there because of the way the Hebrew word Sheol and the Greek word Hades have been translated in our English Bibles. Since this confusion has led some into an erroneous understanding of what the Bible actually teaches about the intermediate state and the final state of the dead, we think that it is important that we address this subject here.

Progonol

--------------------

+Quote Post
swt simplicity
post Dec 25 2012, 04:41 PM
Post #37

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(deb302 @ Dec 22 2012, 02:19 PM) *
hi all. been reading thru past posts as much as i can

I was fine until I went to the dr for a checkup/pap smear. except for A little heavy bleeding during my period, with clots. Got a call from office that the Pap smear came back postive for hpv and bv. Got my script for flagyl and had a colposcopy,blood work and transvaginal sonogram. Verdict was there MIGHT be a polyp in there. Doctor suggested d and c and eblation. Well, that was back in June. Since then, I have had 2 more scripts because the bv keeps coming back. Then, I had a period Aug 29 and not another one until the mid of november, when i just started bleeding every day. Doctors answer was another script. When I finally got in to see him in december, he says its probably just hormones and wants to do a d and c and an eblation still. I don't see how that will help with hormonal issues????

Hi Deb!

I've viewed some research that has stated there tends to be a correlation between bacterial vaginosis and the human papilloma infection. However, I've also viewed research that states there is an association yet after controlling for certain variables, there doesn't seem to be an association. What I can conclude is more research needs to be done to prove there is an association. That probably explains why your OB/GYN can't give you a straight answer; he or she probably doesn't have an answer to give you. I've listed the research below if you'd like to view it.

I can assume the association comes from the fact that bacterial vaginosis makes a woman more suspectible to contracting certain sexually transmitted infections and diseases because the vagina isn't able to protect itself as well due to the bacterial imbalance.

Considering your test results, you should follow through with the procedure. You should ask your doctor why he or she thinks doing the procedure would help with hormonal issues. I find this worth inquiring about. Don't hesitate to ask questions if your confused or don't understand everything your doctor says; even nurses and nurse practitioners working in the office are often helpful too. I think the answer your OB/GYN provides should give you a good idea of his or her train of thought, particularly if he or she has a good understanding of what he or she is dealing with.

Links:*Cervical intraepithelial neoplasia (CIN) is defined as "abnormal changes in the cells on the surface of the cervix that are seen underneath a microscope. The changes are not cancer. However, they can lead to cancer of the cervix if not treated" (NIH). CIN is caused by certain strains of HPV.

--------------------

+Quote Post
deb302
post Dec 22 2012, 01:19 PM
Post #38

BUSTie

hi all. been reading thru past posts as much as i can

I was fine until I went to the dr for a checkup/pap smear. except for A little heavy bleeding during my period, with clots. Got a call from office that the Pap smear came back postive for hpv and bv. Got my script for flagyl and had a colposcopy,blood work and transvaginal sonogram. Verdict was there MIGHT be a polyp in there. Doctor suggested d and c and eblation. Well, that was back in June. Since then, I have had 2 more scripts because the bv keeps coming back. Then, I had a period Aug 29 and not another one until the mid of november, when i just started bleeding every day. Doctors answer was another script. When I finally got in to see him in december, he says its probably just hormones and wants to do a d and c and an eblation still. I don't see how that will help with hormonal issues????

+Quote Post
swt simplicity
post Nov 16 2012, 02:53 PM
Post #39

Hardcore BUSTie

QUOTE(2665melis @ Nov 16 2012, 01:12 AM) *
Hello All,
I need help. I have had CHRONIC BV for the past 7 years. The only time I did not have symptoms was about 5 years ago, after I had the LEEP procedures due to abnormal paps. After the LEEP, I was symptom free for approximately 10 months...then it came back! I have tried every prescribed medication offered. The last antibiotic I took was Tindamax, which did absolutely nothing!! My symptoms do not clear and then come back, they never go way, even during antibiotic treatments. Usually, I have BV symptoms during the whole course of treatment until a few days after treatment, when I develop a yeast infection. Once I treat the yeast, the BV symptoms are back as if they never went away.

I have a few questions for those who have struggled with this:

1. During all of this, I have routinely tested negative for all STDs with the exception of HPV. About 4 years ago my doctor said that while all my STD checks were negative, they may be wrong, and I may have Chlamydia. He prescribed antibiotics for the STD but I never took them. Could this be true? Would I test negative for all STDs for years and they be wrong? Should I try antibiotics for Chlamydia?

2. Has anyone ever tried the Rephresh gel? I used it twice (1 X ever three days) and now I have a large buildup of a white clumpy substance and is not draining. I'm still having a little bit of discharge, no smell, but when I insert my finger, it feels as though my whole vagina is filled with this substance that will not come out. Is this normal? Has anyone ever had a good outcome with Rephresh in relation to their BV?

3. I am now trying alternative methods for dealing with this. I have been to the doctor A LOT and they do the same damn thing every time, do a wet mount, tell me I have BV, and prescribe me an antibiotic that I've already taken without results because I've tried them all. Plus, when I call back after treatment and say it did not work, they refuse to prescribe anything else without a visit. I'm done paying co-pays to be told the same thing and given the same treatment. Anyone know what else I could try? I've tried the hydrogen peroxide rinses. I'm also taken folic acid, femdophilis, garlic, cranberry pills, vit c, and vit d. I have also gone off birth control and now only use condoms.

4. Has anyone tried vH Essentials BV Treatment Homeopathic Time-Release Vaginal Inserts? They sell them at Rite-Aid and Walgreens. They seem to have pretty good reviews and I'm thinking of trying them next. However, I'm afraid to put anything in my vagina due to the build up from the rePhresh, I'm afraid it may cause a bad reaction. Any thoughts on this?

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!
  1. Your doctor could potentially be right because one of the diagnostic tests for chlamydia is more sensitive. Did he perform another diagnostic test just to be sure? Did you ask how many STDs are being checked for? Most hospital clinics will only tests for only the most common STDs (like gonorrhea and chlamydia) and nothing else. That is why some people go undiagnosed with some STDs (like herpes, genital warts etc) and never know they had it. You should definitely ask your doctor questions about that. This situation seems rather strange in my opinion.
  2. Yes. I've tried the RepHresh Vaginal Gel. It did cause more discharge than usual because it's supposed to. The gel causes the vaginal epithelium to shed more than usual. I understand what you mean about feeling like there is a strange substance inside your vagina; that feeling will go away after it wears off and comes out along with your typical discharge. I don't know if RepHresh Vaginal Gel is effective enough to actually cure bacterial vaginosis, but it is very good at preventing it, particularly around the time before and after your period. In my personal experience, boric acid is also good for maintenance and it's also much cheaper and effective than RepHresh Gel. The acification it creates gives healthy bacteria time to recuperate. RepHresh Gel seems like its more for women who want to correct minor vaginal flora imbalances instead of actually treating anything. I think you might find BalanceActiv more effective since it actually contains lactic acid and it's used to treat bacterial vaginosis in the U.K.
  3. Repeated antibiotic use must have caused a microflora imbalance. This usually presents itself as minor or major digestive symptoms; or maybe you don't have any symptoms at all. But I'm personally convinced that it what your dealing with, and that makes it harder to have a healthy vaginal flora. This has been proven countless times in the science community. Although you've tried probiotics, I think you should still continue taking them, particularly a therapeutic probiotic that contains 20 billion colony forming units or more (that is guaranteed up to the expiration date). Look for one that contains lactobacillus plantarum (human sourced) since that is a healthy bacteria that is predominant in the gastrointestinal tract. Therapeutic probiotics are very expensive, but people with major microflora imbalances need a much higher dose to achieve a balance. And they generally have to stay on that probiotic if they want to maintain a constant balance. I'd be happy to recommend a few brands for you. I have personally noticed that probiotics with a few billion colony forming units don't have any affect on me whatsoever anymore. I actually have to take three or more RepHresh Pro-B pills for them to work their magic (although I do have a gastrointestinal disorder).
  4. You should wait until the RepHresh Vaginal Gel has run its course before you try the V.H. Essentials Suppositories. It should give you a better idea as to whether it actually works. Given your history, your probably dealing with very resistant bacteria, so I doubt it will cure your bacterial vaginosis the first time around. You might have to give it a few tries and try a combination approach for a while.
  5. I think you should try seeing an integrative medicine doctor or naturopath if your still willing to try a homeopathic approach. They will treat you with natural/herbal remedies instead of more antibiotics especially considering your health history. Rarely do naturopathic doctors or integrative medicine specialists prescribe antibiotics. It generally goes against their protocol.
Hope my response was helpful!

--------------------

+Quote Post
2665melis
post Nov 16 2012, 12:12 AM
Post #40

Hello All,
I need help. I have had CHRONIC BV for the past 7 years. The only time I did not have symptoms was about 5 years ago, after I had the LEEP procedures due to abnormal paps. After the LEEP, I was symptom free for approximately 10 months...then it came back! I have tried every prescribed medication offered. The last antibiotic I took was Tindamax, which did absolutely nothing!! My symptoms do not clear and then come back, they never go way, even during antibiotic treatments. Usually, I have BV symptoms during the whole course of treatment until a few days after treatment, when I develop a yeast infection. Once I treat the yeast, the BV symptoms are back as if they never went away.

I have a few questions for those who have struggled with this:

1. During all of this, I have routinely tested negative for all STDs with the exception of HPV. About 4 years ago my doctor said that while all my STD checks were negative, they may be wrong, and I may have Chlamydia. He prescribed antibiotics for the STD but I never took them. Could this be true? Would I test negative for all STDs for years and they be wrong? Should I try antibiotics for Chlamydia?

2. Has anyone ever tried the Rephresh gel? I used it twice (1 X ever three days) and now I have a large buildup of a white clumpy substance and is not draining. I'm still having a little bit of discharge, no smell, but when I insert my finger, it feels as though my whole vagina is filled with this substance that will not come out. Is this normal? Has anyone ever had a good outcome with Rephresh in relation to their BV?

3. I am now trying alternative methods for dealing with this. I have been to the doctor A LOT and they do the same damn thing every time, do a wet mount, tell me I have BV, and prescribe me an antibiotic that I've already taken without results because I've tried them all. Plus, when I call back after treatment and say it did not work, they refuse to prescribe anything else without a visit. I'm done paying co-pays to be told the same thing and given the same treatment. Anyone know what else I could try? I've tried the hydrogen peroxide rinses. I'm also taken folic acid, femdophilis, garlic, cranberry pills, vit c, and vit d. I have also gone off birth control and now only use condoms.

4. Has anyone tried vH Essentials BV Treatment Homeopathic Time-Release Vaginal Inserts? They sell them at Rite-Aid and Walgreens. They seem to have pretty good reviews and I'm thinking of trying them next. However, I'm afraid to put anything in my vagina due to the build up from the rePhresh, I'm afraid it may cause a bad reaction. Any thoughts on this?

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!

+Quote Post

271 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: April 18, 2014 - 02:23 AM